PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for next three games based on first two . . .

EIC
06-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Spurs spend the first 43 minutes of the game vacillating between being down by 2 and up by 7, fail to ever put the game out of reach, and lose the lead for the last time with 5 minutes left in the fourth.*

*Unless Lebron James leaves game with heatstroke. (Pun not intended.)

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Manu turns it over. Kawhi passes. Splitter gets his shit blocked. Pop has shitty rotations. Diaw pump fakes open 3's. Bill Kennedy to ref one of these games...

spurs come home down 1-3

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 12:33 AM
I think it'll be 2-2 coming back to SA IMO..

Mugen
06-09-2014, 12:35 AM
2-1 Spurs

dg7md
06-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Manu turns it over. Kawhi passes. Splitter gets his shit blocked. Pop has shitty rotations. Diaw pump fakes open 3's. Bill Kennedy to ref one of these games...

spurs come home down 1-3

At least it won't hurt like 6. if we lose in 5.

Infinite_limit
06-09-2014, 12:55 AM

spurs come home down 1-3
Interesting signature

ElNono
06-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Based on the first two games, I have no idea... other than it looks like a great series...

EIC
06-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Based on the first two games, I have no idea... other than it looks like a great series...

In terms of game flow, the first two games were pretty much identical, with the only material difference being Lebron's cramps. Spurs just cannot seem to put the Heat away.

It feels vaguely like the Gorin Dragic Suns series in, I think, 2010, when they led for a good chunk of every game before ultimately letting the game slip away. Unlike OKC, I honestly don't see any obvious adjustments. I doubt the Spurs will ever get blown out, but it just feels like one of those series where the Spurs will lose in 5 or 6 games despite hanging with (or leading) Miami for a majority of the minutes in the series.

ElNono
06-09-2014, 01:19 AM
In terms of game flow, the first two games were pretty much identical, with the only material difference being Lebron's cramps. Spurs just cannot seem to put the Heat away.

I just haven't seen Miami being able to put the Spurs away either, even in game 2, with Lebron pretty much on fire the last 3 quarters. They had a 6-7 pt lead, and we crawled back.

Both games eventually came down to offensive/defensive execution in the clutch, the 1st game went for the Spurs, the 2nd game went for the Heat.

Based on just those two games, I didn't get the impression either team could run the other out of the gym. It might happen eventually though, you just need a bad shooting night, and it could happen with either team.

I would obviously like the Spurs to win, but there's no shame in losing to this Heat team. They're legitimately a terrific team, including great coaching and what not. They don't just thrive on talent alone.

Robz4000
06-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Spurs
Heat
Spurs

spurraider21
06-09-2014, 01:27 AM
spurs spurs spurs series over in 5 IMO TBH book itPERIOD

dg7md
06-09-2014, 01:28 AM
spurs spurs spurs series over in 5 IMO TBH book itPERIOD

Drunk post or some optimistic goods?

spurraider21
06-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Drunk post or some optimistic goods?
unrealistically optimistic take that i dont believe myself goods

dg7md
06-09-2014, 01:31 AM
unrealistically optimistic take that i dont believe myself goods

All we can hope for at this point is if we 6. the Heat ourselves.

Rapper
06-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Heat in 5

Backdoor swept

Mikeanaro
06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
I just haven't seen Miami being able to put the Spurs away either, even in game 2, with Lebron pretty much on fire the last 3 quarters. They had a 6-7 pt lead, and we crawled back.

Both games eventually came down to offensive/defensive execution in the clutch, the 1st game went for the Spurs, the 2nd game went for the Heat.

Based on just those two games, I didn't get the impression either team could run the other out of the gym. It might happen eventually though, you just need a bad shooting night, and it could happen with either team.

I would obviously like the Spurs to win, but there's no shame in losing to this Heat team. They're legitimately a terrific team, including great coaching and what not. They don't just thrive on talent alone.
There is no shame losing to a manufactured team, the shame is on them by winning games thanks to refs I love how everybody forgets the horrible calls those fuckers did, you are playing good well then... they will give the Cheat some calls to reach you, you keep doing good they keep helping them, and then you start to fail missing shots and some bad plays=YOU ARE A FUCKING CHOKER .
As I said no shame at all I could keep talking about it for days, a lie will always be a lie and Leroy can suck my fat one.

Infinite_limit
06-09-2014, 01:35 AM

Meh, they had 5 former All Stars on the floor at the same time.

Juggity
06-09-2014, 02:07 AM
At least it won't hurt like 6. if we lose in 5.

Nah, losing in 5 would be infinitely worse. Because then there's no moral victory and nothing to be proud of. It would definitely hurt more to be backdoor swept by the Heat than to lose in 6 or 7 close games.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Again, you guys are a bunch of wusses.

Spurs lost a game that was close and probably should have won if they hit their FTs. Do you really think the Heat can play with short rotation like they did last night for two straight games with no extended rest.

The Spurs will win one of them. The Heat knew they had to win one in SA b/c they know the Spurs will win one at their place. They played all out like a game 7. As the Mavs, Por, Okc. series showed, the Spurs have the horses to keep up a fast pace game, other teams don't, not even the Heat.

Spurs lost by 2 points. Get over it, now some of you guys are calling a backdoor sweep. I was iffy about this game b/c of the Lebron's response after 2 days of rest. Now, you only have one day and the advantage goes to the Spurs.

Uriel
06-09-2014, 07:19 AM
2-1 Spurs
/thread

Rummpd
06-09-2014, 08:32 AM
2-2 and back to a home game

Beaverfuzz
06-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Heat
Spurs
Spurs

BillMc
06-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Spurs
Heat
Spurs

spurspokesman
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Spurs
Heat
Spurs

dbreiden83080
06-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Back and forth all the way to game 7.. Teams are so evenly matched through 9 finals games Heat are up 5-4 and we all know what happened in game 6..

Spurs in 7..

sananspursfan21
06-09-2014, 10:55 AM
These pessimistic outlooks are hilarious!!! The spurs have yet to play well, I've seen the heat look almost as good as they can. The spurs aren't playing a heat team anymore. They're playing Lebron James and sometimes Chris Bosh. That's it. I'm pretty confident about these next couple games if the spurs can consistently play good basketball. They've been so up and down the last couple games and game one just so happened that they played great at the end

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Worst case, 2-2 coming back for game 5 on Sunday.

Miami was going one on one the whole game, no assists (16 on 37 makes). If Lebron does not make everything he throws up last night, Spurs win in a laugher

vander
06-09-2014, 11:20 AM
if they can pick up the pace on offense, put a little more energy and focus on defense, and if the Miami role players stop making everything, and Bosh too, he has to come back to earth eventually right? if all these things happen then Spurs might steal one in Miami and go 2-1 in the next 3

AFBlue
06-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Spurs sweep. No way LeBron has that game again and the Spurs will make the matchup adjustments.

Rapper
06-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Game.3*

Heat 110 - 75 Spurs

Game 4

Heat 99 - 98 Spurs

Game.5.

Heat 95 - 101 Spurs

Game.6

Heat 100 - 93 Spurs

Heat in 6

Horry Hipcheck
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
I think the Spurs get a split in Miami and we have ourselves a big Game 5 to watch.

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Game.3*

Heat 110 - 75 Spurs

Game 4

Heat 99 - 98 Spurs

Game.5.

Heat 95 - 101 Spurs

Game.6

Heat 100 - 93 Spurs

Heat in 6

that is the worst predicting in history..

Game 3: Spurs 99 Heat 93

Game 4: Spurs 104 Heat 90

Game 5: Spurs 112 Heat 88

Now that is a prediction.

spurtech09
06-09-2014, 12:35 PM
well if the series wasn't rigged spurs in 6...spurs are a better team but that's just my opinion.......the way things are going the heat are going to win in game 6

spurtech09
06-09-2014, 12:37 PM

I wish.....the refs are not going to let that happen

Amuseddaysleeper
06-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Heat
Heat
Spurs

Anything else would be shocking

Budkin
06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I think it'll be 2-2 coming back to SA IMO..

This.

Budkin
06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Heat
Heat
Spurs

Anything else would be shocking

Spurs lose 2 straight in Miami? No fucking way.

blkroadrunners
06-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Heat
Spurs
Spurs
_____

Heat
Spurs

Spurs in 7, IMO

TampaDude
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
2-2 coming back to SA for Game 5, book it.

BillMc
06-09-2014, 02:42 PM

Hope you're right! :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Spurs lose 2 straight in Miami? No fucking way.

Honestly buddy, I'm thinking Heat role players will play better at home than they did on the road. LeBron will be LeBron regardless of where he plays.

I think SA's role players won't be as good on the road just by what the past road games have shown us but let's see.

I'd be ecstatic with a split in Miami.

Budkin
06-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Honestly buddy, I'm thinking Heat role players will play better at home than they did on the road. LeBron will be LeBron regardless of where he plays.

I think SA's role players won't be as good on the road just by what the past road games have shown us but let's see.

I'd be ecstatic with a split in Miami.

I never thought it a million years we'd win a playoff game in OKC. I stopped doubting this team.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I never thought it a million years we'd win a playoff game in OKC. I stopped doubting this team.

:toast

timtonymanurich
06-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Some overlooked perspective:

Miami had to shoot 53% to win the game against a Spurs team that shot 43% and LOST by 2.
Spurs are still in GREAT shape, and Miami won't shoot 53% from the field again, NOR will LeQueen make 14 pts in the 3rd or 4th Q again. Everyone gets lucky. Yes, even the Spurs do. BUT seeings as we're NOT a one-man-band like the Heat are, we have far better chances of winning and winning the series.

The HEAT should be concerned that they ONLY won by 2 when the Spurs shot so dismally.

tholdren
06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
I still think the spurs win the series, but man they have to toughen up. If we get a little from Kawhi, its over. I would like to see Baynes instead of Splitter. We are lacking the hustle players. We need an excitable moment or 2 from Leonard and Splitter.

Prose
06-09-2014, 11:01 PM

It feels vaguely like the Gorin Dragic Suns series in, I think, 2010, when they led for a good chunk of every game before ultimately letting the game slip away. Unlike OKC, I honestly don't see any obvious adjustments. I doubt the Spurs will ever get blown out, but it just feels like one of those series where the Spurs will lose in 5 or 6 games despite hanging with (or leading) Miami for a majority of the minutes in the series.

Even when lebron left game one spurs had turned the momentum completly around in their favor. They only were up 2 with him in. Game 2 lebron had to be on FIRE in the second half for them to beat us by 2 thanks to some bad execution on the spurs part. So you can't say they have cotroll. Its obvious we have the better team but they have the best player in the world....so in that sense I agree its kind of scary that this team never seems to die.

Prose
06-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Some overlooked perspective:

Miami had to shoot 53% to win the game against a Spurs team that shot 43% and LOST by 2.
Spurs are still in GREAT shape, and Miami won't shoot 53% from the field again, NOR will LeQueen make 14 pts in the 3rd or 4th Q again. Everyone gets lucky. Yes, even the Spurs do. BUT seeings as we're NOT a one-man-band like the Heat are, we have far better chances of winning and winning the series.

The HEAT should be concerned that they ONLY won by 2 when the Spurs shot so dismally.

I agree with your point about spurs only losing by 2 with a on fire LJ. The only thing if there is a team in the world that could beat these spurs with hero ball its the team with the best player in the world. The heat. You got to beat lebron 4 out of 7 times....

AFBlue
06-09-2014, 11:31 PM

Agree with the outcomes, though I think the only one with a real shot at being a double-digit victory is game 5. Spurs win both game 3/4 by a combined total of 5 points, then roll at home to close it out.

heyheymymy
06-10-2014, 04:38 AM
Spurs
Heat
Spurs

could see this