PDA

View Full Version : Moving pocket?

Avante
06-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Hank Stram came up with the idea back when he coached the Chiefs. QB Len Dawson (Hall of Fame) would vary taking the snap from under center/shotgun then he's either run left and set up or run right and set up. Obviously that cut the pass rush in half and how do you blitz not knowing where the QB will be? Why we don't see this today as a legit game plan....???

The Chiefs had a lot of firsts...

First SB winning team with more black starters than white.
Willie Lanier the first black middle linebacker.

Most nicknames...

Curtis "The Count" McClinton
Fred "The Hammer" Williamson...movies!
Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith..all 5-6 160 pounds of him, yep...quick!!!
Ernie "The Cat" Ladd...actually bigger in pro rasslin'
Robert "The Tank" Holmes
Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill...most powerful back ever.
Junious "Buck" Buchanon...like Ernie Ladd around 6-8.

Abner Haynes first "Star" of the old AFL

First AFL team to play in two SB's.

First AFL team to sign an Olympic sprinter...Stone Johnson WR 200m

Receiver Otis Taylor (6-3 215) was the first big fast (9.7yds) dynamic wide receiver.

No pro team had more quality HBCU players, up above...

Ladd, Buchanon, Johnson....Grambling
Holmes and Hill...Southern U
Taylor Prairie View
"Super Gnat" Tennessee State

Now add another half dozen or so.

Pelicans78
06-09-2014, 07:13 AM
You must have watched the NFL Network this weekend. You just regurgitated what they showed on their Colorful Look at the AFL.

Blake
06-09-2014, 08:46 AM
You must have watched the NFL Network this weekend. You just regurgitated what they showed on their Colorful Look at the AFL.

Lol

Avante
06-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Hank Stram came up with the idea back when he coached the Chiefs. QB Len Dawson (Hall of Fame) would vary taking the snap from under center/shotgun then he's either run left and set up or run right and set up. Obviously that cut the pass rush in half and how do you blitz not knowing where the QB will be? Why we don't see this today as a legit game plan....???

The Chiefs had a lot of firsts...

First SB winning team with more black starters than white.
Willie Lanier the first black middle linebacker.

Most nicknames...

Curtis "The Count" McClinton
Fred "The Hammer" Williamson...movies!
Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith..all 5-6 160 pounds of him, yep...quick!!!
Ernie "The Cat" Ladd...actually bigger in pro rasslin'
Robert "The Tank" Holmes
Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill...most powerful back ever.
Junious "Buck" Buchanon...like Ernie Ladd around 6-8.

Abner Haynes first "Star" of the old AFL

First AFL team to play in two SB's.

First AFL team to sign an Olympic sprinter...Stone Johnson WR 200m

Receiver Otis Taylor (6-3 215) was the first big fast (9.7yds) dynamic wide receiver.

No pro team had more quality HBCU players, up above...

Ladd, Buchanon, Johnson....Grambling
Holmes and Hill...Southern U
Taylor Prairie View
"Super Gnat" Tennessee State

Now add another half dozen or so.

Hornet78

Actually I didn't watch the show I'd seen it before. But I saw it was on and that reminded me of the moving pocket and Willie Laneir. Obviously the rest is on me. The Chiefs also had the greatest TE in the history of the AFL in Fred Arbansas

So what do ya think about the moving pocket?

Avante
06-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Lol

You ever enter a thread to actually talk about the topic?

The Gemini Method
06-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Abner is a strong masculine name...

Blake
06-09-2014, 11:55 AM
You ever enter a thread to actually talk about the topic?

Yes. Just not this one. Do you ever stop worrying about what threads I post in.

Avante
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Abner is a strong masculine name...

Ok man, I can play this.

Abner Haynes was out of North Texas State, and led the AFL in rushing in year one, he was one of those do everything types. He returned kicks, caught passes and returned punts. Quick, elusive, agile and fast, a great running back.

In the 10 years of the old AFL these are the top backs for each franchise, yep, ya learn something new everyday, or should.

Chargers....Paul Lowe, Keith Lincoln
Raiders...Clem Daneils
Broncos...Floyd Little, Billy Joe
Texans/Chiefs...Anber Haynes
Bills...Cookie Gilchrist....first AFLer 1000 yard rusher, 250 pound fulllback. No college ball, came from the CFL.
Patriots...Jim Nance..Syracuse wrestler
Titans/Jets...Matt Snell, Emerson Boozer
Oilers...Charley Tolar all 5-6 of him , an anvil.

The All Time AFL offense

*** Hall of Fame

QB...Len Dawson***, Joe Namath***
RB...Cookie Gilchrist, Paul Lowe, Abner Haynes, Clem Daneils
WR..Lance Alworth***, Don Maynard***, Otis Taylor, Lionel Taylor
TE...Fred Arbansas
C...Jim Otto***
G...Gene Upshaw***
G...Ed Budde
T...Ron Mix***
T..Art Shell***

The AFL had a ton of players out of those SWAC/MEAC schools and schools like Blufton, NWLa, North Texas State, New Mexico Highlands. A far higher % of blacK players per team than the NFL.

Avante
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Yes. Just not this one. Do you ever stop worrying about what threads I post in.

You ever stop worrying about me?

Ever thought of just talking football here at this....football talk....forum?

Blake
06-09-2014, 12:02 PM
You ever stop worrying about me?

I never worry about your fat ass.

But keep making this about me instead of the topic, just like you always do.

You're a predictable whiny simpleton.

Avante
06-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I never worry about your fat ass.

Don't you ever get tired of that? Why you have this..NEED!!!!!!!!...to bother people"? Dude, crawl off my leg and we'd never talk. You are a waste of time.

This is all you do.

1 Day Ago
Blake (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460) replied to a thread A Challenge to ChumpDumpster and ClipperNation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234511) in The Club (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
You absolutely pay attention. You respond almost every time. You just have trouble comprehending what I say. Communication is a singular term. Smh magna cum laude

Poor little guy.

Blake
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM

Avante
06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
The guy gets his nut bugging people, wow!!!!!!!!!! What is the motivation to just bother people?

Look at this little freak.

1 Day Ago
Blake (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460) replied to a thread A Challenge to ChumpDumpster and ClipperNation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234511) in The Club (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
It was a very straightforward grammar question that you still haven't answered. I really have a hard time believing you graduated magna cum laude in communications. You're awful at communicating.

What a prick, wow! Watch this...

Blake
06-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Doesn't it get tiresome investigating what threads I've been in?

You do that a lot.

Avante
06-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Doesn't it get tiresome investigating what threads I've been in?

You do that a lot.

I'll go slow...

I couldn't care less about you little man ya see you're boring. BUT...when ya latch onto my leg (as you always do..CONSTANTLY!) then and only then do I pay any attentoin to you. Like I've told you many times, if you didn't foilow me around we'd never talk at all. If you don't believe that stop following me around.

Blake, you really do get a nut bugging people don't ya, I can see why she dumped your ass, who wants to be with a little prick like you?

Ya suck little fella long and hard. Why not just ignore my threads asshole, nobody wants you around, ok?

Blake
06-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I'll go slow...

I couldn't care less about you little man ya see you're boring.

That's 3 posts about me; 3 posts about the topic.

Keep going fetty.

Avante
06-09-2014, 03:20 PM
That's 3 posts about me; 3 posts about the topic.

Keep going fetty.

Dude, it's just a messageboard, fuck the topic and this thread. I'll just make another one. I knew nobody "here" could talk the old AFL anyway. And something like the moving pocket way too complex.

So tell me Blake why do you come into these threads with no intention of addressing the topic or even actually conversing with anyone? You really this fucked up?

This thread is now all about you. So lets talk about you the hell with football. What we all really wanna talk about is Blake and why he's so fucked up.

Blake
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
This thread is now all about you. So lets talk about you the hell with football. What we all really wanna talk about is Blake and why he's so fucked up.

I know you do. That's why I brought it up.

That's four. Drive for five.

Lol all over one lol

Avante
06-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I know you do. That's why I brought it up.

That's four. Drive for five.

Lol all over one lol

It's the game I play with ya slick, I know you don't know shit about football. And I also know no matter what I post you will be there, you have proven that. Then I show everyone just how totally fucked up you are, look at yourself guy, ONCE AGAIN...following me around just to bug/pester/bother. Wow little guy you got it bad. Worst case of Avante-itist I've ever seen.

I get a kick out of this little freak however, so totally owned. Watch the boy, he can't stay away from me, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
06-09-2014, 04:25 PM
5. Five posts about me after I say "lol"

70% chance there's a 6

Avante
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
5. Five posts about me after I say "lol"

70% chance there's a 6

Do I own me my very on Blake or what? The boy is so obsessed with Avante it's weird.

Blake
06-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Six; are we going for seven?