PDA

View Full Version : So it begins again, why I won't be listening to National Sports Radio today

$pursDynasty
06-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Ah wake up this morning trying my best not to be too down and what do I hear? Despite the fact that we won by 15 and they won by two. The Crisco Kid, Barkley is saying how we were 'lucky' to even win a game, this is LeBron's era, he is this time's Jordan, and Heckel and Jeckel, Mike and Mike are agreeing wholeheartedly. The masses may hate the Heat ultra love but the mothership is all in in making Lebron the current :king. Now they can break out all of their corporate mandated Heat talking points. Lebron had a great game no doubt and I don't want the Spurs to be the media's darlings but I don't have to marinate in the Lebronathon. I'll just beat the "Nore more Belli" drum until tomorrow night.

SouthernFried
06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
I was listening to Sirius sports. And basically their take was, Spurs shouldn't win another game.

It was unreal...lol

lefty
06-09-2014, 08:08 AM
I agree with them

Heat in 5

DarrinS
06-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Kinda reminds me of 1st round vs Mavs. Except Spurs got blown out in game 2.

Typical London Boy
06-09-2014, 08:12 AM
I thought the coverage last night was obscene. It was essentially presented as the LeBron James show - everytime they came back from break they seemed to have a new interview snippet with him, and he was all the broadcasters talked about. I honestly thought they were going to just leave the camera on James for the rest of the game. Did the Spurs even play last night?

Uriel
06-09-2014, 08:12 AM
This is for the best, IMO. LeBron is at his best when he's being hated on. But now that he's being given a collective blowjob by the national media, he should be rendered impotent in Game 3.

$pursDynasty
06-09-2014, 08:18 AM
S.A. Smith "Heat dominated game one until the mighty Lebron was felled in the 4th quarter, Spurs lucky they are not down 0-2". Conveniently forgetting that even with Lebron going all world last night they only win by 2. I know I said I wouldn't listen but I haven't left for work yet.

SupremeGuy
06-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Yup. That's one of the most annoying things about when the Spurs lose. Now I can't watch ESPN or listen to sports radio until the next game.

dg7md
06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Yup. That's one of the most annoying things about when the Spurs lose. Now I can't watch ESPN or listen to sports radio until the next game.

Yep. The way the media covers us is brutal. We're always picked to lose and never have a chance and nobody knows how to cover us correctly... I really wish we had made those freebies and carried a lead to have the win at the end of game 2, hopefully we can size them up by winning game 3 and making everyone quiet down about us in a negative light.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Before game 1, the whole day they were talking about "Why do people still hate Lebron? He doesn't deserve this and we need to accept the fact that he's a Top 5 player" ... And "Horace Grant said his Bulls would beat Lebron's Heat, Wade can matchup up toe to toe with Jordan. Pippen has never guarded a player like Lebron"

After Game 1, the whole day they were blaming it the Heat loss on the A/C & Spurs only won because Lebron got cramps. ZERO fucking credit to the Spurs

Now today, Mike and Mike never mentioned ONCE the Parker injury. They were just deep throating Lebron the whole time

dg7md
06-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Before game 1, the whole day they were talking about "Why do people still hate Lebron? He doesn't deserve this and we need to accept the fact that he's a Top 5 player" ... And "Horace Grant said his Bulls would beat Lebron's Heat, Wade can matchup up toe to toe with Jordan. Pippen has never guarded a player like Lebron"

After Game 1, the whole day they were blaming it the Heat loss on the A/C & Spurs only won because Lebron got cramps. ZERO fucking credit to the Spurs

Now today, Mike and Mike never mentioned ONCE the Parker injury. They were just deep throating Lebron the whole time

I don't know if you listened to Mike and Mike after game 1, but it nearly made me puke, the conspiracy theories that Greeny insisted upon, in jest or not, was completely stupid. They spent the whole episode talking about how LeBron got hurt and how we would have lost if not for that or the A/C, then the hosts dare claim that they haven't "taken anything away from us" and have "given us respect". :lmao

Sausage
06-09-2014, 09:32 AM
I never listen to Sports Radio, or watch ESPN or any sports channel the days after a Spurs playoff loss.

coachmac87
06-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Spurs could be up 2-0 just as easily as the Heat could. But it's all about the King..win or lose.

But when it comes to ESPN SVP-Rusillo are the best..they keep it 100.

Greenly admitted he's going for the Heat. Golic doesn't know a damn thing bout basketball lol. Cowherd picked the Spurs to win the series but he's a big time LeBron dick rider.. SAS dick rides any super star and makes emotional predictions lol. He said Thunder had ZERO chance after 2 games but changed his mind after 4 games...

LeBron is just the better story over the Spurs..he's chasing the GOAT. The world is watching...Spurs are just "there" and in his way

UZER
06-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Spurs could be up 2-0 just as easily as the Heat could. But it's all about the King..win or lose.

But when it comes to ESPN SVP-Rusillo are the best..they keep it 100.

Greenly admitted he's going for the Heat. Golic doesn't know a damn thing bout basketball lol. Cowherd picked the Spurs to win the series but he's a big time LeBron dick rider.. SAS dick rides any BLACK super star and makes emotional predictions lol. He said Thunder had ZERO chance after 2 games but changed his mind after 4 games...

LeBron is just the better story over the Spurs..he's chasing the GOAT. The world is watching...Spurs are just "there" and in his way

Fify

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 09:54 AM
I don't know if you listened to Mike and Mike after game 1, but it nearly made me puke, the conspiracy theories that Greeny insisted upon, in jest or not, was completely stupid. They spent the whole episode talking about how LeBron got hurt and how we would have lost if not for that or the A/C, then the hosts dare claim that they haven't "taken anything away from us" and have "given us respect". :lmao
Yeah I saw that one lol, Jemele Hill and that other guy were filling in for the fat guy... SMH

The only guy who has picked the Spurs on ESPN Radio is Colin Cowherd (Spurs in 5) lol

dg7md
06-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah I saw that one lol, Jemele Hill and that other guy were filling in for the fat guy... SMH

The only guy who has picked the Spurs on ESPN Radio is Colin Cowherd (Spurs in 5) lol

Yeah, Colin doesn't seem like he's ready to give up on us, but I figure he thinks it'll be a 6 or 7 series game after game 2. Curious about if he'll cover this during the show.

davidbowie
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
listen to npr

spurspokesman
06-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't watch espn when the spurs lose.

coachmac87
06-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Chris Broussard on The Herd- "Diaw has actually been a better matchup then Kawhi guarding LeBron"...

Smh. Kawhi has struggled but he's our best shot defensively lol. Just needs to stay ok the court

philldafunk
06-09-2014, 10:13 AM
SVP and Russillo FTW. I'm going to listen today, I know for a fact they won't have Bron's cock in their mouths for the whole show.

TE
06-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Chris Broussard on The Herd- "Diaw has actually been a better matchup then Kawhi guarding LeBron"...

Smh. Kawhi has struggled but he's our best shot defensively lol. Just needs to stay ok the court
Shitty ticky tack calls have kept Kawhi off the floor...and I don't think it'll get better in Miami.

$pursDynasty
06-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Well I will be listening tomorrow, just to hear the, but wait no one responds to a loss like the Heat, the back peddling, the damning with faint praise. I will be listening to everything all day long!

Kidd K
06-11-2014, 01:26 AM
You guys need to understand that the media are frontrunning faggots by design. They cater to the casual fan, not the hardcore fan. They will hype up LeBron and the Heat because they want to keep listeners/viewers, who would tune out if they put it to their station with their freshly bought LeBron jerseys and heard statistics on how the Spurs have been basically blowing EVERYONE out by an average of 16 points over the past 3 months, so Miami any game Miami wins is probably going to be close while SA will be winning in 5 or 6 games most likely.

Those bandwagoning dipshits will tune out because it doesn't confirm their pre-programmed opinions.

The only times you see the contrary for NBA are on shows where they have the "devil's advocate" just to create an argument like with Skip Bayless (who of course is made to look foolish with outlandish predictions, and told to act scared and worried of the big bad King LeBron in order to stroke the egos of bandwagoners)

spurs1990
06-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Well I will be listening tomorrow, just to hear the, but wait no one responds to a loss like the Heat, the back peddling, the damning with faint praise. I will be listening to everything all day long!

Yessir. DVR set on record everything.

mudyez
06-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Love todays epsn daily dime. As Adande has to write about Kawhi, he chooses to tell us about the missed freethrow in game 6 last year.

TheGreatYacht
06-11-2014, 04:51 AM
ESPN LEAKED AGENDA FOR 6/11:
Derek Fisher
Donald Sterling
World Cup
NHL
How the Heat have comeback being down 1-2

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-11-2014, 07:14 AM
ESPN LEAKED AGENDA FOR 6/11:
Derek Fisher
Donald Sterling
World Cup
NHL
How the Heat have comeback being down 1-2

Dude, this is why I feel NBA doesn't care if the Spurs win. Actually, I think they want the Spurs to win. Imagine the Story for Fans around the World watching the World Cup and hearing that a team with Players from France, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, Italy won the NBA Championship. That would be draw a lot of interest in the NBA from the Int'l community.

Plus 70% of NBA fans in the US want to see the Spurs win. I seriously think ESPN but that clown DJ Khale or whatever his name is on the air to give the Heat even a more bad rep.

Jimcs50
06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Dude, this is why I feel NBA doesn't care if the Spurs win. Actually, I think they want the Spurs to win. Imagine the Story for Fans around the World watching the World Cup and hearing that a team with Players from France, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, Italy won the NBA Championship. That would be draw a lot of interest in the NBA from the Int'l community.

Plus 70% of NBA fans in the US want to see the Spurs win. I seriously think ESPN but that clown DJ Khale or whatever his name is on the air to give the Heat even a more bad rep.

There is plenty of high praise on tv last night and today. Barkley was saying that Spurs are playing fantastic, they have best PG and coach in NBA, and they keep being counted out every year by him and others because they are old, but they just keep proving everyone wrong.

Charles always admits when he is wrong about Spurs.

tholdren
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM

The NBA doesnt want that. They want urban fans to sell to

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-11-2014, 08:17 AM
The NBA doesnt want that. They want urban fans to sell to

Considering that most Urban fans from LA, Boston, NY, Chi etc want to the Spurs to win, wouldn't the NBA want the Spurs to win as well.

Most NBA fans dislike the Heat and Lebron. This isn't the Bulls and Jordan where everyone, even most of my cousins (have a lot of them), who are die hard Spurs fans, loved the Bulls b/c of Jordan. People never got tired of Jordan, but everybody is sick of the Heat already.

Jordan had to wait 8 years before winning his first title. The Bulls did a draft day trade for Pippen (Funny the spurs did the same for Kwahi). Even then, it took 4 more years for the Bulls to put it together. They didn't go out and buy their team.

TheGreatYacht
06-11-2014, 09:46 AM
This is fucking pathetic...

Stephen A Smith out here saying Wade's knee wasn't right, Lebron got tired and needs more help from his point guards...

Roger Mason Jr out here saying the death of Norris Cole's CHEF had an impact

excuse making at its worse

703 Spurz
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
It must suck to care about the media has to say after going up 2-1 in the series.

703 Spurz
06-11-2014, 10:05 AM
There is plenty of high praise on tv last night and today. Barkley was saying that Spurs are playing fantastic, they have best PG and coach in NBA, and they keep being counted out every year by him and others because they are old, but they just keep proving everyone wrong.

Charles always admits when he is wrong about Spurs.

Oh like when he said they'd lose the series to Portland? Fuck that bald-headed tubby dickhole.

MeloHype
06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
This is fucking pathetic...

Stephen A Smith out here saying Wade's knee wasn't right, Lebron got tired and needs more help from his point guards...

Roger Mason Jr out here saying the death of Norris Cole's CHEF had an impact

excuse making at its worse
Screamin' A. Smith is always making excuses for Miami

GoSpurs99
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't post here often. But this thread is exactly how I feel, national media is pathetic, no other word.

I don't understand, we have had a winning playoff team since 1976 except for a few years. Spurs do things right, drafted most of their starters, stay out of trouble. All the things other teams are killed for doing, we do right. Yet there are nights when the Spurs win and we aren't even covered by ESPN.

Why we don't get the love, to be a dynasty is beyond me. I know an ESPN radio show host (can't remember who) said his producer told him not to talk Spurs. This team should be media darlings.

Instead, watching post game tonight...it's like a fucking funeral on ESPN, NBA network, radio...everywhere. I just don't get it, never have.

Green Bay is much smaller than SA, but they aren't treated like the Spurs.

Don't get me started about the refs...which I believe is fueled by sponsors.

Wildcat67
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
On Mike and Mike they were actually saying they don't think LeBron is recovered from the cramps from game 1 yet. It's like WTF did you just say?

GoSpurs99
06-11-2014, 10:27 AM
We should have an "Excuse Tracker" thread, tnh

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
On Mike and Mike they were actually saying they don't think LeBron is recovered from the cramps from game 1 yet. It's like WTF did you just say?

:lol

palangi
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
All I know is the great Lebron disappeared in the 4th quarter last night.

noles1983
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
first take is so ghetto now. lets get these ghetto ged rappers picks for the champion, of course they say miami

Jimcs50
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh like when he said they'd lose the series to Portland? Fuck that bald-headed tubby dickhole.

How can any NBA fan not like Charles Barkley? Come on now.

Budkin
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
ESPN has a whole section devoted to the Heat (Heat Index) and you guys wonder why they get pissed when he loses?

TheGreatYacht
06-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Number never lie...

here we go, 2 minutes in "I don't wanna discredit the Spurs but..."

703 Spurz
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Number never lie...

here we go, 2 minutes in "I don't wanna discredit the Spurs but..."

Yep. She's said that at least twice now. Little does she know that she is in fact giving them no credit just by saying that (and that's A-OK by me).

703 Spurz
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
How can any NBA fan not like Charles Barkley? Come on now.

What's to like? His shit predictions?