06-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Lebron is shutting him down like he did Joe Johnson

lefty
06-09-2014, 07:54 AM
It has nothing to do with Lebron

TP went Enrique mode after hitting an open 3 and it cost us big time

EVAY
06-09-2014, 07:55 AM
We need to face the fact that LeBron is the best defender on the Heat team, and whoever he is guarding is going to have a hard time of it. Particularly
when he is on players so much smaller than he is, i.e., ANY of our guards, including Manu and Timmy.

But LeBron has also shut down Kawhi, and has actually made Kawhi look bad.

EVAY
06-09-2014, 08:02 AM

What a foolish comment. It had EVERYTHING to do with LeBron. Whoever on the Spurs team LeBron was guarding was taken out of the picture. He guarded Manu and Manu struggled; he guarded Kawhi and made Kawhi look bad for the second game in a row; he guarded TP and stopped him.

LeBron is a freakish athlete and more skilled than anyone on either team on either side of the court. We have to figure out how to play against him, but it won't be one-on-one. We don't have the players for that.

LeBron is 7 inches taller and weighs about 40 pounds more than Tony, and is a great defender. When Tony has LeBron on him he has to get the ball to anyone else on the floor (preferably Manu) to handle the point duties.

spursparker9
06-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Lebron had shut down D.Rose, Pierce, Joe Johnson, Paul George etc

Of course he can shut down Parker.

said7
06-09-2014, 08:06 AM
They gotta go pick and roll and exploit the switch. Parker took a dumb shot when Duncan was switched onto a little guy. Just bad recognition by parker.

EVAY
06-09-2014, 08:10 AM
They gotta go pick and roll and exploit the switch. Parker took a dumb shot when Duncan was switched onto a little guy. Just bad recognition by parker.

I agree that there were a couple of bad decisions by Parker toward the end there, but going pick and roll and exploiting the switch assumes that you can get the pass to the person you want to get it to. In last night's game, Miami had figured out where we wanted to go on our pick and rolls and put stoppers in there to try to prevent it in the fourth quarter.

Miami is a damn fine team who plays team ball and has the best player in the universe who cannot be stopped when he wants to score except by himself.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be easy or that we will not lose another game is kidding themselves.

Mikeanaro
06-09-2014, 08:49 AM
I agree that there were a couple of bad decisions by Parker toward the end there, but going pick and roll and exploiting the switch assumes that you can get the pass to the person you want to get it to. In last night's game, Miami had figured out where we wanted to go on our pick and rolls and put stoppers in there to try to prevent it in the fourth quarter.

Miami is a damn fine team who plays team ball and has the best player in the universe who cannot be stopped when he wants to score except by himself.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be easy or that we will not lose another game is kidding themselves.
Yeah he is a fine HGH/steroid addict who plays with a license to make 5 steps and flop like a bitch thats why Kawhi was collecting fouls without doing shit.
If you think this bald piece of shit manufactured darling is the best player in the universe you are fucking stupid.
All his dickriders forgets when he chokes lose Finals or when he gets cramps and makes a whole fucking lame act exaggerating everything, I had cramps and never made that stupid scene.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 08:54 AM

Manu turned it over and bricked twice with 1 minute left. Good thing an embarrassment like him won't make the HOF

doobs
06-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Lebron plays aggressive, physical defense. He gets away with a lot of contact, so he's able to use his size, strength and speed without worrying too much about textbook technique or being cautious to avoid whistles.

Yeah it sucks, but we all knew that going in.

cd98
06-09-2014, 09:34 AM
No big deal. Spurs just run the game through Manu. I know it didn't end perfectly last night, but Lebron can't guard everyone. If he takes Parker, there should be other matchups to exploit.

poop
06-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Lebron hacked parkers arms big time as he went up at the rim, clearly a foul but no call of course, then lebron was awarded 2 freethrows on the other end for a phantom foul. That was the end right there.

UZER
06-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Lebron hacked parkers arms big time as he went up at the rim, clearly a foul but no call of course, then lebron was awarded 2 freethrows on the other end for a phantom foul. That was the end right there.

Yet he always ends up with only one or two fouls a game, and even none plenty of times.

EVAY
06-09-2014, 09:56 AM
No big deal. Spurs just run the game through Manu. I know it didn't end perfectly last night, but Lebron can't guard everyone. If he takes Parker, there should be other matchups to exploit.

Absolutely on point, and I hope that by the next game all the spurs are ready to exploit this. They are going to try to put LeBron on whoever is handling the ball, and the difficulty with either Manu or Parker being the one who handles the ball is that he is so much bigger than either of them and so unlikely to get foul calls that I think it has to be Boris handling the ball. After Manu and Parker, he is the best ball handler.

Timmy missed about 6 chippies last night. Any of those and/or the free throws could have made a difference in this game.

We won't shoot as well as we did in the first game again, but I have to believe that we won't shoot as poorly as we did in last night's game again either.

It sure would be nice to figure out a way to get Leonard uncorked in these games. He has been a non-factor so far, and I'm afraid that just won't get it done.

ducks
06-09-2014, 10:33 AM
james was on tp more then the final minutes

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2014, 10:51 AM
We have to adjust. Run the O through Manu, and send Parker to the baseline and run him side to side and let Tim and Boris take turns giving James a couple of sharp elbows while setting baseline screens for him.

DarrinS
06-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Seemed like Tony was not super aggressive in this game. I like that he was hitting from 3, but why wasn't he driving more? I can't find a shot chart from game 2.

dbreiden83080
06-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Set screens or let Manu run the point late.. Get Tony on the move Lebron will shut down anyone when he just has to stand in front of them and set his feet on D.. You have to be clever with adjustments..

MeloHype
06-09-2014, 12:13 PM
He didn't shut down joe jesus :lol

06-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Parker always gets bothered by longer defenders. It's not really a secret. Only thing the Spurs can do is run the ball through Manu or give Parker many many hard screens for James to fight through. Parker probably still won't get a decent shot but at least it will tire out James. Manu didn't really create any magic in the fourth quarter either and I remember he had at least one turnover. Maybe it's just time to run it through Duncan post ups. That honestly seems like the better choice over the perimeter guards that seem to get shut down by the Heat defense.

If the game comes down to end game execution, the Heat will win 4 out of 5 times. They have the superior players and talent. That's not a surprise. If the Spurs want to win, they need to pad the lead early so there's a decent buffer down the stretch.

kaji157
06-09-2014, 12:28 PM
To say the truth i donīt think LeBron was on Parker for the last minutes, he was on Manu and Parker switching on every posession.
He did a great defense on the Parker turnover (out of bounds with 0.8 left) but other than that i didnīt see him affecting Parker shots a lot.

Pako
06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
One of the reason TP got shut down was due to the fact the we don't set hard screen. I think we should implement how ibaka/garne screen the defenders in which he try to hold on to them a let bit without getting caught. Our screens are little soft. You can't do that with James as he likes to fight the screens.

ImDaNuts
06-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah he is a fine HGH/steroid addict who plays with a license to make 5 steps and flop like a bitch thats why Kawhi was collecting fouls without doing shit.
If you think this bald piece of shit manufactured darling is the best player in the universe you are fucking stupid.
All his dickriders forgets when he chokes lose Finals or when he gets cramps and makes a whole fucking lame act exaggerating everything, I had cramps and never made that stupid scene.

:rollin Mad as hell.

lefty
06-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Manu turned it over and bricked twice with 1 minute left. Good thing an embarrassment like him won't make the HOF
and?

Mikeanaro
06-09-2014, 02:40 PM
:rollin Mad as hell.
Not mad because that ugly nig is good, he is like Durbeta just another spoiled brat who gets anything he wants from refs.
I want my team to lose because the other team was better not because 3 midgets with a whistle are forcing the game result.
But WTF you are a fucking OKC fan with a lesbian as avatar go fuck yourself.

hater
06-09-2014, 02:41 PM

truth nuke IMO

Manu has proven he is worthless at the end of games vs the Heat.

Russ
06-09-2014, 07:00 PM
The Heat were daring TP to shoot uncontested mid-range jumpers the whole game.

Basically saying we'll live with Parker's outside shooting and shut down everything else.

Was this commented on by the announcers?

It seems just the opposite of what the posters here are saying (unless they're only talking about the very end of the game).

therealtruth
06-10-2014, 04:31 AM
I don't think that's the matchup we want to attack.