PDA

View Full Version : Chalmers needs to be suspended

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 08:24 AM
If Randolph can be suspended for his shot on Adams, then Chalmers should be suspended for what, IMO was a far worse infraction.

Lets see if NBA favors the superstar teams over the also rans. Parker could have easily had ribs broken with that cheapshot elbow.

JohnnyMax
06-09-2014, 08:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpqEN4BIMAAFH-p.jpg

Cry Havoc
06-09-2014, 08:42 AM
B-b-but according to Heat fans and the ABC crew last night that was a normal basketball motion.

rascal
06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Spurs need to beat a fully healthy Miami team and prove they are worthy of a title.
Stop looking for easy paths.

loveforthegame
06-09-2014, 09:01 AM
He won't be suspended nor will Wade be fined for those flops.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 09:03 AM
This

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 09:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpqEN4BIMAAFH-p.jpg
Heat fans are so butt hurt lmao. What's the point of doing that when he got up and kept playing unlike LeHGH

Biernutz
06-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Truth......

cd98
06-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Chalmers move isn't one that would be suspended. Just a flagrant one. If you think it's unfair, tell one of our guys to do the same to James and then we can be even.

davidbowie
06-09-2014, 10:02 AM
was parker faking it? it seemed legit. i was on the phone at the time not really paying attention closely

Fpoonsie
06-09-2014, 10:05 AM
lol no

shaq_h8ter
06-09-2014, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__0G1UZJpc&list=UUqeOiTn8d4rrMygdy6YoEWw

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 10:14 AM
How is that different from Randolph's elbow to Adams?

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 10:16 AM
was parker faking it? it seemed legit. i was on the phone at the time not really paying attention closely

Not faking, he could not even get his FTs to the basket. A shot to ribs can cause you to have enough pain to change your shooting follow through.

testies
why the fuck would you want chalmers suspended? so that norris cole who plays far better D plays more minutes?

TE
Chalmers is a dirty player. This is nothing new.

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Wade's flop was worst one of playoffs so far. Total acting job that the dumbass ref fell for hook line and sinker.

He will be fined

EVAY
06-09-2014, 10:18 AM

No, Parker wasn't faking it, and even Steve Javie called it flagrant, to the clear consternation of JVG and Mike Breen. I knew, given the shot to the ribcage, that Parker was going to have trouble making free throws immediately after that. Not sure what made Tim miss his, though.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2014, 10:30 AM
No, Parker wasn't faking it, and even Steve Javie called it flagrant, to the clear consternation of JVG and Mike Breen. I knew, given the shot to the ribcage, that Parker was going to have trouble making free throws immediately after that. Not sure what made Tim miss his, though.

His FT shot is ugly for one

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
His FT shot is ugly for one

true, but he was making them in playoffs thus far

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2014, 10:38 AM
true, but he was making them in playoffs thus far

Pop is mismanaging minutes again. Pop would rather run Bonner out there to spread the floor for whatever reason despite the fact that Miami is weak on the inside so his rotation has sucked. Tiago has sucked hard, diaw should be starting Tiago should come in for Duncan and baynes should get the minutes to spell both when they need rest.

Duncan had no legs at the end of the game

Jenks
06-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Wade's flop was worst one of playoffs so far. Total acting job that the dumbass ref fell for hook line and sinker.

He will be fined
It wasn't as bad as Carter's (who wasn't fined).

InRareForm
06-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Make sure you guys tweet to Chalmers some nice comments :)

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
My word listening the replay of JVG has me all pissed off again. Normal basketball move? To me that was an insult to Parker that he was being a bitch. God this league is terrible. Let the Heat win its what the fans want. Entertainment not competition.....

Old School 44
06-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Maybe this will light a fire under the Spurs. Parker needs to go in beast mode in game 3. Don't get me wrong, I like that both teams respect one another and we don't have any childish antics like the Lance Stephenson Show, but sometimes you just got to forget all the "respect stuff" and just play angry and with a chip on your shoulder. Parker needs to go full on into the paint, if he gets his shot blocked so be it, if he gets an offensive foul called, pick yourself up and go at it again. Him and Ginobili need to be hyper aggressive. And all of the Spurs just need to get the ref thing out of their system. If you don't get the call, just get up and move on to the next play.

myhc
06-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Yea I don't know what JVG was lookng at. It was a clear wind up and strike as Breen and Javie said.

Budkin
06-09-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't give a fuck if he is suspended. I just want the Spurs to play angry and to unleash their own version of Beast Mode.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Chalmers has been awful, so far, I'd rather have him on the court:lol..

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Chalmers has been awful, so far, I'd rather have him on the court:lol..

Only reason to like his suspension is to prevent any further shananagans, and also since their bench is short handed anyway, they will get worn out for game 4.

lefty
06-09-2014, 02:18 PM
OP :cry

UZER
06-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Pop is mismanaging minutes again. Pop would rather run Bonner out there to spread the floor for whatever reason despite the fact that Miami is weak on the inside so his rotation has sucked. Tiago has sucked hard, diaw should be starting Tiago should come in for Duncan and baynes should get the minutes to spell both when they need rest.

Duncan had no legs at the end of the game

IIRC, Duncan played almost the entire 1st qtr. I was worried it would cost him later in the game.

Old School 44
06-09-2014, 03:04 PM
The thing that makes me smh is Chalmers clocking Parker is barely a blip in the national media. I don't even care that he does/doesn't get suspended, but don't think that us having a hurting Parker (our best player) for the rest of the game is not detrimental to the team. I bet if this was LeBron or DWade taking a similar type elbow from Baynes, they'd be all over it. If the situation was reversed and we won, the media would be saying, "If DWade didn't have that cheapshot against him the Heat would have won!" Also, Duncan should have made his free throws, but don't think seeing a hurt Parker missing two moments ago, doesn't get you pressing at the line. It happens all the time. Free throw shooting makes and misses are contagious sometimes.

tholdren
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
no, he wasnt faking. Unfortunatley he is that big of a pussy.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2014, 03:29 PM
IIRC, Duncan played almost the entire 1st qtr. I was worried it would cost him later in the game.

And it's not like Duncan is going to stop Lebron from driving into the paint when his defender is 20 feet away from the basket. If they're not going to dump the ball in then they need to sub early and often so he can be fresh for a 4th quarter push. I'm surprised Baynes wasn't in there when Birdman was there or even Haslem. He's effective enough to defend the paint and hit pick n roll shots if he's rolling to the basket. Bonner should not be out there this series, we don't need to pull anyone away from the basket.

heyheymymy
06-09-2014, 04:40 PM
chalmers totally winds up and digs the elbow point into parkers ribcage with a forceful blow. you can see him arm the shot with a fist clench

Budkin
06-09-2014, 04:43 PM
chalmers totally winds up and digs the elbow point into parkers ribcage with a forceful blow. you can see him arm the shot with a fist clench

Is the league even reviewing it or is it a moot point now?

Frank Dux
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Mario Chalmers is barely a basketball player at this point...just a hired goon.

http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Mario-Chalmers-with-a-flagrant-foul-on-CJ-Watsoncb.gif

heyheymymy
06-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Is the league even reviewing it or is it a moot point now?

pfft anything to prop up the heat. which is funny because if you consult a poll, NO ONE likes the heat except the media and the state of florida, which is two hilariously dangerous and stupid demographics.

spot2180
06-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Chalmers is dirty. Always has been.

Was it Ginobili or Leonard later in the game that was trying to fight through a Chalmer's pick and Chalmers stuck his leg out in an attempt to trip? If you get a foul call for sticking a leg out on a 3 point shot, why isn't an attempted trip on a screen called?

Horse
06-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Vangundy will always hate us for beating him in the finals. Fuck that ugly troll.

Russ
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM
The Spurs shouldn't want Chalmers to be suspended.

They need to engage in "self help," i.e., retaliate and send a message. The league stepping in would just get in the way of what needs to happen here.

Jeff Ayers would be a good hatchet man for this task. He is (1) of very little value (he'll be suspended) and (2) bigger than the proposed target -- the only two criteria.

mclinejr
06-09-2014, 07:26 PM
The Spurs shouldn't want Chalmers to be suspended.

They need to engage in "self help," i.e., retaliate and send a message. The league stepping in would just get in the way of what needs to happen here.

Jeff Ayers would be a good hatchet man for this task. He is (1) of very little value (he'll be suspended) and (2) bigger than the proposed target -- the only two criteria.

I like how you think. :lmao

Knoxxx
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Vangundy will always hate us for beating him in the finals. Fuck that ugly troll.

Van Gundy is horrid. Absolutely cant stand to listen to him. I dont recall who he even coached thanks for the reminder. I t all makes sense now why he is so blatantly antispur with his commentary. Its not that he's critcal of the Spurs overtly, just that any rule or strategy benefitting us at the time needs to be changed or outlawed by coincidence. Also have you ever heard him compliment the spurs?

Russ
06-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Van Gundy is horrid. Absolutely cant stand to listen to him. I dont recall who he even coached thanks for the reminder. I t all makes sense now why he is so blatantly antispur with his commentary. Its not that he's critcal of the Spurs overtly, just that any rule or strategy benefitting us at the time needs to be changed or outlawed by coincidence. Also have you ever heard him compliment the spurs?

Van Gundy is the best basketball color commentator in the game. Hands down.

He also loves the Spurs.

That said, he's honest about what's happening in the game he's calling.

superbigtime
06-09-2014, 08:25 PM
The dude lost to Pop in '99. Hello.

mavsfan1000
06-09-2014, 10:43 PM
The OP is a whiny bitch tbh.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-09-2014, 10:52 PM
pfft anything to prop up the heat. which is funny because if you consult a poll, NO ONE likes the heat except the media and the state of florida, which is two hilariously dangerous and stupid demographics.

Yeah that's what confuses me. All of the ESPN polls show that the majority of the world is rooting for the Spurs, and yet ESPN just came out with a seemingly contradictory article that said that the Heat have surpassed the Lakers as "America's favorite team."

jARS mEsH sEt
06-09-2014, 10:54 PM
I like JVG 99% of the time because he's honest and doesn't give a shit about propping up teams, but I can't fucking believe that he agreed with Mark Jackson on Manu's "foul" on Wade (where Wade flopped). First off, Manu swiped at the ball and got Wade's fingers, so it wasn't a foul to begin with. Second off, Wade flopped, and Mark Jackson usually goes off on a huge tirade screaming "That garbage ain't basketball" whenever a player flops, but he strangely ignored it this time and instead blamed Manu. And then JVG agreed that it was a poor move from Manu. I don't get it.

kobyz
06-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Pop should enter Baynes to the game, to do the same to bosh...