PDA

View Full Version : Should Holt move Spurs to a more "American" city?

Gordon Hayward
06-09-2014, 09:18 AM
I decided to stop by San Antonio last night and check out Game 2. Overall it was a great game. Good hustle on both sides. The stars played well. Well officiated.

But let me get down to the real issue here. Don't get me wrong, SA is a nice little city, but outside SA there is this perception around the country that it is more or less a Mexican city inside the US border. That perception was only reinforced last night when I stopped by the AT&T center. You've got little Mexican nationals singing the US National Anthem, you've got Machete doing the player intros, you've got a ghetto (barrio) ass halftime show with some dude spraying graffiti all over the court. The amount of chunky 15 year olds pushing strollers was appalling. I felt like I needed a passport last night.

Look, I get it. You're proud of your heritage. Although I'm not sure why, I understand you feel this way. The thing I don't understand is the need for Holt to pander to the Latino audience. Doesn't Holt realize all the people sitting in the lower level with me were white? These are the people spending the money. I just think the Spurs would benefit from a more American experience.

I realize Spurstalk is a great place for discussions on a wide range of topics, so I'm interested to see what you fine people think. Thanks for allowing me to share my opinion. Good luck in Game 3.

TheWriter
06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Can we get a mod to give this post a strike through?

mclinejr
06-09-2014, 09:23 AM
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 09:24 AM
I decided to stop by San Antonio last night and check out Game 2. Overall it was a great game. Good hustle on both sides. The stars played well. Well officiated.

But let me get down to the real issue here. Don't get me wrong, SA is a nice little city, but outside SA there is this perception around the country that it is more or less a Mexican city inside the US border. That perception was only reinforced last night when I stopped by the AT&T center. You've got little Mexican nationals singing the US National Anthem, you've got Machete doing the player intros, you've got a ghetto (barrio) ass halftime show with some dude spraying graffiti all over the court. The amount of chunky 15 year olds pushing strollers was appalling. I felt like I needed a passport last night.

Look, I get it. You're proud of your heritage. Although I'm not sure why, I understand you feel this way. The thing I don't understand is the need for Holt to pander to the Latino audience. Doesn't Holt realize all the people sitting in the lower level with me were white? These are the people spending the money. I just think the Spurs would benefit from a more American experience.

I realize Spurstalk is a great place for discussions on a wide range of topics, so I'm interested to see what you fine people think. Thanks for allowing me to share my opinion. Good luck in Game 3.
Oh shit lol, I have a feeling Manu fans are about to get reaaaaalllll butt hurt

dg7md
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
And Utah is some miraculous state with a thriving culture?

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2014, 09:27 AM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh66/quantumformx/dance-o.gif

poop
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Texas is currently being invaded and occupied by Mexico, and few people seem to realize or care...and anyone who points this out just gets called 'racist' :rolleyes

Biernutz
06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
I heard on NBA TV that Latinos make up only 1/3 of season ticket owners........You would think it's the opposite
by the way the Spurs marketing and PR department promote the team ....

cd98
06-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Utah is now a cesspool for Polynesian gangs.

UZER
06-09-2014, 09:42 AM
People act like all laker fans are white.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 10:00 AM
People act like all laker fans are white.

80% of Spurs fans are Latino = bad crowd
70% of Lakers fans are Latino = even worse crowd

90% of OKC & Portland fans are white = loud crowd

what a coincidence. Lebron didin't even notice the weak noise the AT&T center was making yesterday

davidbowie
06-09-2014, 10:00 AM
i nearly pissed myself reading that :rollin

ElNono
06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
:lol I finally realize whose troll is this... solid

TheWriter
06-09-2014, 10:25 AM
80% of Spurs fans are Mexican = shitty crowd
70% of Lakers fans are Mexican = shittier crowd

90% of OKC & Portland fans are white = annoying loud crowd

what a coincidence. Lebron didin't even notice the weak noise the AT&T center was making yesterday

Which asshole did you excrete those numbers from?

DD
06-09-2014, 10:28 AM
gotDAYUM:rollin

This is why San Antonio doesn't deserve an NFL team. Imagine the current situation but with 80K be@ners--instead of 20K--filling the stands. Gotta be one of Dante's levels of hell imo

jag
06-09-2014, 10:54 AM
:lol I finally realize whose troll is this... solid

Huh? This guy is giving my boy Gordo a bad name, tbh.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM

Excellent points. The only reason peeps sitting on the lower level are mostly white is because they're the only ones embracing America and her awesomeness. Let a black or brown guy succeed and he gets made fun of and called a sellout by "his people"--the left wants to classify Asians as white now. Why? Because they're too successful! Lmao!

He needs to move it to a more Ameican STATE. Texas is about to become Mexico. It won't be long before we are just like Mexifornia.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Texas is currently being invaded and occupied by Mexico, and few people seem to realize or care...and anyone who points this out just gets called 'racist' :rolleyes

There are even "brown" people who notice it. They're the successful ones. The ones who speak English and love America. They're not happy about the invasion either, but they're a minority within a minority and they get called names for being loyal to THIS nation.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 11:08 AM
And Utah is some miraculous state with a thriving culture?

We don't use bad behavior to justify other bad behavior. But at least people in Utah cheer for the right national team.

MolaMola790
06-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Excellent points. The only reason peeps sitting on the lower level are mostly white is because they're the only ones embracing America and her awesomeness. Let a black or brown guy succeed and he gets made fun of and called a sellout by "his people"--the left wants to classify Asians as white now. Why? Because they're too successful! Lmao!

He needs to move it to a more Ameican STATE. Texas is about to become Mexico. It won't be long before we are just like Mexifornia.

The left wants to have Asians as white? where the hell do you get that shit from?

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 11:10 AM
The left wants to have Asians as white? where the hell do you get that shit from?

It was a controversy that popped about a week before they traded for the deserter. Some stupid Demonrats popping off their mouths. If you can't find it let me know and I will try to get a link.

rascal
06-09-2014, 11:22 AM
I heard on NBA TV that Latinos make up only 1/3 of season ticket owners........You would think it's the opposite
by the way the Spurs marketing and PR department promote the team ....

Mexicans aren't foolish enough to waste their money on tickets.

smeagol
06-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Skull took his idiocy to a whole new level . . .

Horry Hipcheck
06-09-2014, 11:45 AM
This entire thread hurts my brain.

poop
06-09-2014, 11:50 AM
There are even "brown" people who notice it. They're the successful ones. The ones who speak English and love America. They're not happy about the invasion either, but they're a minority within a minority and they get called names for being loyal to THIS nation.EXACTLY. I have lots of hispanic family, good americans all of them, and they too are sick of the endless immigrant hordes coming here and demanding special treatment. So its not just 'racist white people' pushing border control :rolleyes

myhc
06-09-2014, 11:51 AM
I am going to start a petition to move the team to one of the following cities: Topeka, Fargo, or Helena Montana. I've got my letter all typed up and will send to Peter Holt today.

fusionjazzman72
06-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Let me guess your a white supremacist with 3 white wives and you love to suck john stockon's white cock?

Arcadian
06-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Murica! Dey took our jurs!