PDA

View Full Version : PTR: The Spurs are the better team. Miami needs luck to win. Agree or disagree?

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Good article.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/6/9/5792334/recap-miami-takes-game-2-beats-san-antonio-98-96

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 11:36 PM
*punt*

Cliff jump, or hang tough?

hater
06-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I doubt its luck that King Bosh, Wade and Lebro are all beasting at the same exact moment imo.

its by design. When KING bosh shoots 65% while Wade and Lebro do their thing, they are pretty much unbeatable

Amuseddaysleeper
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Spurs role players will play worse on the road, and Miami's will play better at home.

That's gonna be scary. Really hoping for a split or else the series is obviously over.

phyzik
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Spurs are the better team, but I don't think Miami needs luck to win... Spurs playing sloppy is all Miami needs to win. Bench Chokenille and Put Diaw in the starting lineup. Spurs got this. Bellineli is quickly becoming my most hated Spur right up there with Dickhead Jefferson. This bitch is a Zeta player. What a fucking chocker, was hoping he would prove everyone wrong about him. Kick this motherfucker in the teeth and sit him in the 13th chair on the bench... what a fucking loser in this entire playoffs. I'd rather have Bonner play before this bitch does, and that is saying something.

hater
06-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Spurs role players will play worse on the road, and Miami's will play better at home.

That's gonna be scary. Really hoping for a split or else the series is obviously over.

truth Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster IMO

Spurs need to split in Miami or it's fishing time

Malik Hairston
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
The Heat role players like Wade and Ray Allen(will make those open 3s he's been missing) should play better at home, I don't think any of their other role players will change, tbh..

Spurs role players will probably play worse on the road, unfortunately(Mills and Green, offensively)..to be fair, I don't think Belinelli can play any worse, he's always awful:lol..

Amuseddaysleeper
06-10-2014, 12:30 AM
The Heat role players like Wade and Ray Allen(will make those open 3s he's been missing) should play better at home, I don't think any of their other role players will change, tbh..

Spurs role players will probably play worse on the road, unfortunately(Mills and Green, offensively)..to be fair, I don't think Belinelli can play any worse, he's always awful:lol..

Think spurs will win game 3 or 4?

Probably a better shot to steal game 3 than 4 Tbh

phyzik
06-10-2014, 12:37 AM
If Spurs win this, Bellineli needs to get on his knees and open his mouth wide while he is accepting his ring. He still has time to redeen himself, but he has been a little bitch the entire playoffs thus far. Gonna take at least 3 monster games from him for me to even come close to forgiving him.

ElNono
06-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Disagree. Miami is a solid and experienced team.

Ultimately, every team needs a bit of luck here or there to win it all.

HI-FI
06-10-2014, 12:45 AM
Miami definitely doesn't need luck. Best player in the world in his prime, various other HOFers wanting a cheap and easy ring. When The Decision happened, everyone knew what was at stake. Spurs need to play with serious belief, maybe even a miracle, to win it all imo.

heyheymymy
06-10-2014, 04:47 AM
i think this series will catch up with miami as it progresses. spurs should run them through screen after screen and wear them down

dg7md
06-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Miami is the luckiest team ever tbh... up there with the New York Giants. They get so many lucky rolls, lucky shots, and opportunities that the Spurs and other teams never really get.

Think about all of the old guys that bailed out LeBron. Had Ray Allen not hit the 3 in Game 6 he'd be chastised forever for missing that last shot he took to tie so badly. Not to mention Timmy missing two easy layups to tie the game at the end of 7.

The Heat are damn good but more importantly, damned lucky. Whereas the Spurs are one of the unluckiest teams in the league in terms of events that occur in games. 0.4, Manu foul, countless circus shots by scrubs going in the basket, 6., etc...

Fireball
06-10-2014, 04:58 AM
I disagree with the article, Miami is better than most people think ... they now played together long enough to have the same chemistry the Spurs have and make clutch plays ... of course it helps to have the worlds best player on the team. One can say in game 2 this and that happened and that's why the Spurs lost ... well, the Spurs also did other things way better than in game 1 (less turnovers and more offensive rebounds), and this time it was not enough. I just hope Kawhi can stay out of foul trouble the next games, otherwise my hopes are slim for the Spurs to win this series ...

Russ
06-10-2014, 05:12 AM
The Heat have won 11 playoff series in a row.

They've won 11 (I believe) home playoff games in a row.

They haven't lost two playoff games in a row in like forever.

If that's luck . . .

emanueldavidginobili
06-10-2014, 06:14 AM
No they don't need luck to win they have been to the finals 4 years in arow even though it's the east it's still hard to do

06-10-2014, 06:45 AM
The Heat have had luck against the Spurs, but they've also been clutch in a lot of big situations, whereas the Spurs have not, hence the Heat having the ability to win the majority of the close games between the two teams.

Oh, Gee!!
06-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Every team needs some luck to win it all along with hard work and talent

RD2191
06-10-2014, 07:54 AM
The Heat are fucking garbage. Mother fuckers play in the shittiest conference in NBA history. Their biggest comp out East has been the Pacers. :lmao

rascal
06-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Miami is the luckiest team ever tbh... up there with the New York Giants. They get so many lucky rolls, lucky shots, and opportunities that the Spurs and other teams never really get.

Think about all of the old guys that bailed out LeBron. Had Ray Allen not hit the 3 in Game 6 he'd be chastised forever for missing that last shot he took to tie so badly. Not to mention Timmy missing two easy layups to tie the game at the end of 7.

The Heat are damn good but more importantly, damned lucky. Whereas the Spurs are one of the unluckiest teams in the league in terms of events that occur in games. 0.4, Manu foul, countless circus shots by scrubs going in the basket, 6., etc...

Spurs have been built on luck- lottery luck-Duncan

mercos
06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Agree that Spurs are the better team, but disagree that Miami needs luck to win. Lebron is the best player in the league by far. One player that great can make a HUGE difference. There are only 5 guys on the court at a time for each team. When one of your five are that much better than everyone else, you can overcome a better team sometimes.

Budkin
06-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Miami doesn't need luck to win, they just need the Spurs to beat themselves, which we almost did twice. We're lucky it's not 0-2, but we got this shit.

xellos88330
06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Miami doesn't need luck to win, they just need the Spurs to beat themselves, which we almost did twice. We're lucky it's not 0-2, but we got this shit.

I agree with this. The Spurs killed themselves in game 2 by missing critical free throws and wide open looks.

UZER
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Spurs will call upon that bitter taste in their mouth from last season. They got this.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I am a passionate Spurs fan and have always been so ever since they first moved here.
Having said that, I have learned not to invest my emotions ridiculously overly so, so that it destroys me when and if they lose.
That is why last year, it being a devastating loss, was not the end of the world because I have suffered this before with this team. Rather I am always ready and able to be pleasantly surprised when they win it all.
That is my hope always, because they are my team.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 11:24 AM
To answer the OPs initial question, I say yes and no. Yes, in the sense that it takes a certain amount of luck involved and going their way for ANY team to win a championship.
But also NO in this case because when the greatest player in the game "plays" like the greatest player in the game can, then there is no luck involved.

Phenomanul
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
The Heat have won 11 playoff series in a row.

They've won 11 (I believe) home playoff games in a row.

They haven't lost two playoff games in a row in like forever.

If that's luck . . .

Not necessarily disagreeing with what you've stated.... But context is everything... I don't believe that the Heat would have accomplished the same feat if they had to duke it out in the Western Conference all those years...

Phenomanul
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
At no fault of their own, of course...

Budkin
06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I am a passionate Spurs fan and have always been so ever since they first moved here.
Having said that, I have learned not to invest my emotions ridiculously overly so, so that it destroys me when and if they lose.
That is why last year, it being a devastating loss, was not the end of the world because I have suffered this before with this team. Rather I am always ready and able to be pleasantly surprised when they win it all.
That is my hope always, because they are my team.

Trying so hard to get to this point.

wildbill2u
06-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Every team needs a little luck to win the finals since both teams are, by definition, the two best teams in the league. The two left standing. Man for man, the Heat starting five is better than ours. Our bench is much better. So it depends on how much our bench can deliver vs. how much the Heat can keep their starting five on the court and playing well.

I expect the Heat to come out very strong this game 3. This is the one the Spurs need to stand strong and focus on. They must take away Miami's momentum.

xmas1997
06-10-2014, 01:11 PM
I not only would like to see the Spurs to win this game, but also two in a row.

06-10-2014, 01:26 PM
It's the other way around. Miami has the better team and the Spurs would need some luck to win. The Heat are the proven championship team. Back to back champions filled with veterans with championship experience. They also have the best player in the world, a top 10 big, and top 5 shooting guard. The Spurs most dangerous weapon (Parker) is neutralized this series by James and the Heat easily have 2 of the best 3 players on both teams. The only Spur advantage is their bench but just a few inconsistent performances is enough to doom the Spurs. Spurs have to play perfectly and that requires some luck.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Spurs will get a split in Miami.

r0drig0lac
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
It's the other way around. Miami has the better team and the Spurs would need some luck to win. The Heat are the proven championship team. Back to back champions filled with veterans with championship experience. They also have the best player in the world, a top 10 big, and top 5 shooting guard. The Spurs most dangerous weapon (Parker) is neutralized this series by James and the Heat easily have 2 of the best 3 players on both teams. The only Spur advantage is their bench but just a few inconsistent performances is enough to doom the Spurs. Spurs have to play perfectly and that requires some luck.this

hater
06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Spurs will get a split in Miami.

:tu

cd98
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
We'll know which team was better at the end of the series.