PDA

View Full Version : How would you guys manage Duncan's minutes?

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 02:39 PM
I thought it was evident that Tim was completely gassed in the 2nd half after blowing his load in the 1st quarter, tbh(capped off with that putback dunk)..

You want your best players playing as much as possible in the Finals, but I don't know if Duncan can maintain for 38 minutes in a game where he has to defend perimeter bigs all series long..

Is it a matter of balancing Duncan's minutes, quarter-to-quarter, throughout the game? Is it based on Splitter's performance? Is it possible we'll see Diaw at C and Kawhi at PF? More Bonner or Baynes?

lefty
06-09-2014, 02:41 PM
It's the Finals

there is no tomorrow

Steroids and 48 mpg, fuck it

RD2191
06-09-2014, 02:41 PM
It's the Finals

there is no tomorrow

Steroids and 48 mpg, fuck it

ErnestLynch
06-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Well you can't let games get away from you. TBH with Miami taking the tactic of going to the paint early I was sitting there thinking, this would be a good time for Baynes to give TD some rest minutes. Hell we had Bonner in there for a while who is a total defensive liability. I haven't watched the game again. Probably do that later today. As I'm watching the live game, not paying that close of attention to the details.

bobcatfan4life
06-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Baynes would be a viable option, but as long he's guarding Birdman or Haslem

hitmantb
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Duncan can not play 38 effective minutes.

I rather have him play 32 effective minutes, the extra 6 minutes he plays is worse than Splitter overall.

Pop made a terrible mistake last night going full quarter with Duncan. He scored 6 points rest of the way.

Also we absolutely positively can not afford to tire out Duncan on 1v1 post-up attempts until late in the game. Keep him involved with easy baskets and tip-ins to keep him fresh and you get OT game 6 vs Thunder Duncan. Otherwise you get game 7 vs Heat Duncan.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Duncan can not play 38 effective minutes.

I rather have him play 32 effective minutes, the extra 6 minutes he plays is worse than Splitter overall.

Pop made a terrible mistake last night going full quarter with Duncan. He scored 6 points rest of the way.

Also we absolutely positively can not afford to tire out Duncan on 1v1 post-up attempts until late in the game. Keep him involved with easy baskets and tip-ins to keep him fresh and you get OT game 6 vs Thunder Duncan. Otherwise you get game 7 vs Heat Duncan.

Would you play Splitter more minutes than the 19 he played last night?..

TDfan2007
06-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Would you play Splitter more minutes than the 19 he played last night?..

No, keep him at around 13-14 mpg in relief duty for Timmy. Timmy should be able to handle 35 minutes. If he can't, then we're toast anyways.

And yes, limit his 1on1 until the 4th once Miami typically starts pressuring the pnr more and putting LeBron on Tony.