PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to start Diaw and mix up their playcalling

TDfan2007
06-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Diaw can handle Bosh and is also a fantastic high-low passer who spaces the floor. Splitter needs to be used as relief for Timmy where his pnr ability will shine next to Manu.

Speaking of the pnr, the Spurs need to stop running it every single time down court at the end of quarters. It gets too predictable, especially when everyone is hesitating.

Let Manu handle the ball and throw Tony into some off-ball action. Throw in a few post ups for Diaw/Leonard/Duncan, and the Spurs should be set.

Oh, and for the love of God can we stop playing Marco?

celldweller
06-09-2014, 03:28 PM
...and Tiago needs to stop acting like a damn point guard at times. Also he needs to lose that pathetic attempt of a hook shot, im about to hurl just thinking about it.

marinoman
06-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I agree we should start Boris but the guy seems to have lost confidence in his three. Time after time the 3 is open with a soft closeout but instead he pump fakes, drives, hits a dead end, and puts up a hard shot or passes it out and we start the O over.

r0drig0lac
06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
single change to be made is defensively, let lebron trying to win games alone, let him shoot jumpers all night, and no defensive help, his companions are cold and he absolutely tired at the end of games.

Thomas82
06-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Diaw can handle Bosh and is also a fantastic high-low passer who spaces the floor. Splitter needs to be used as relief for Timmy where his pnr ability will shine next to Manu.

Speaking of the pnr, the Spurs need to stop running it every single time down court at the end of quarters. It gets too predictable, especially when everyone is hesitating.

Let Manu handle the ball and throw Tony into some off-ball action. Throw in a few post ups for Diaw/Leonard/Duncan, and the Spurs should be set.

Oh, and for the love of God can we stop playing Marco?

+1

UZER
06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Starting Diaw allows Duncan and splitter divide minutes with one always on the floor. When they both start, one of them ( usually Duncan) has to play way too many to minutes to make up for the other one sitting since they both can't be out of the game together.

superbigtime
06-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Just please no Bonner starting.

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 07:39 PM
At the end of games, our offensive sets are too predictable. I sit in front of the TV, and can guess 90% of the time what the Spurs were going to do on offense. I'm pretty sure the heat see it on tape to and were ready for it. That is on Pop to add wrinkle to the offense because we are playing right into the Heat hands

BC3
06-09-2014, 08:39 PM
At the end of games, our offensive sets are too predictable. I sit in front of the TV, and can guess 90% of the time what the Spurs were going to do on offense. I'm pretty sure the heat see it on tape to and were ready for it. That is on Pop to add wrinkle to the offense because we are playing right into the Heat hands
calling out POP?