PDA

View Full Version : VSH->DVD: Can anyone loan me or recommend...

Summers
08-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I would like to convert about 6 VHS tapes to DVD (meaning playable in a DVD player, not the computer). These are tapes of stuff from TV, not store-bought movies (I know that makes a difference in some copiers).

Can anyone recommend a VHS-to-DVD copier that is easy to use and makes good copies? I don't need any fancy features, I don't think, so cheap is also good.

Or, preferably, does anyone have one of these gadets that works well that you'd let me use? I'd glady come to your place to use the machine and take you out for lunch while it's doing its magic. :lol I'm assuming it copies in real-time, so 6 tapes might take a while, so I could borrow the machine for a couple days if that seems more reasonable. I'll give you my 2-year-old as collateral. :lmao

The tapes are somewhat Spurs related... I can burn you copies and make it worth your time.

angel_luv
08-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I wish I was gadget savvy enough to help you. I'd gratefully accept lunch and copies of Spurs stuff and even let you keep your 2 year old!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Summers
08-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I wish I was gadget savvy enough to help you. I'd gratefully accept lunch and copies of Spurs stuff and even let you keep your 2 year old!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lmao That's incredibly generous of you.

angel_luv
08-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Well as an Angel, I do have a reputation to live up to. ; )

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I know you can go two ways for sure.

Either with a stand-alone device (VHS w/ DVD Recorder all-in-one) or via your computer.

Going through your computer, check out the hardware from Pinnacle (I think they are the ones who make the Dazzle Video Creator).

Horry For 3!
08-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I saw a VHS-DVD converter, I think it was like $350

CavsSuperFan
08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
GO VIDEO... (http://www.govideo.com/?GV=VR2940) :smokin

Summers
08-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the advice y'all. Johnny, I'm assuming the hard drive or whatever it is would be the cheapest ($350 is a bit too much for me... am hoping to find something really cheap and generic... I don't need the editing features and stuff). If I have to break down and buy one of these bad boys, I guess I will, but

Somebody on this board has to have one I can borrow! :lol

I'm begging people!

Ginofan
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I have a DVD Recorder, and I know there's someway you can hook it up with the VCR, but I'm not as tech savvy as I thought, I can't figure out how to connect both to do what you want to do (I've wanted to do this before as well). Sorry!

Vashner
08-16-2005, 10:59 AM
I got a dvd recorder at Wally Mart for under 300 bucks. Plug output from your VCR into the input of the DVD burner and presto...