PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade Fined $5,000 for Flop in Game 2

mclinejr
06-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I hope Chalmers is next.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/06/09/miami-g-dwyane-wade-fined-5-000-for-flopping/10251613/

Snaq O'Meal
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
$5000 is chump change for Wade, and will not deter him from continuing to cheat in order to secure wins.

Seventyniner
06-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Got to hand it to Wade, it was a high value flop. It screwed Pop's rotations and got the Heat two more FTs than they should have had.

Snaq O'Meal
06-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Got to hand it to Wade, it was a high value flop. It screwed Pop's rotations and got the Heat two more FTs than they should have had.

Yup. Many teams will gladly pay $5K to buy a playoff win.

NRHector
06-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Fucking refs need to get fined for making stupid calls like that, they have the power to stop the momentum or the flow of the game

watertorture
06-09-2014, 09:55 PM
those 2pts > Wade's $5,000

Jimcs50
06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I told you he'd be fined.

It's not the amt of money that I wanted. Now the refs who all look at tape of each game know what to look for. They will look at Wade moving sideways into Manu in his jump shot which was not a natural basketball move where he drew a shooting foul and they will look for that move now. They will look for his shit flops.

Wade will now not get these acting fouls. I like the fine.

Captivus
06-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Pop didnt say anything at the press conference...so my guess is: he doesnt care.

Andthentherewas21
06-10-2014, 09:48 AM

It's not the amt of money that I wanted. Now the refs who all look at tape of each game know what to look for. They will look at Wade moving sideways into Manu in his jump shot which was not a natural basketball move where he drew a shooting foul and they will look for that move now. They will look for his shit flops.

If they weren't looking for it before, they won't start now. Wade is a known flopper and has been jumping into other players to get those shitty foul calls for years. I'd like to believe that the fine has brought some attention to it, but in reality they are still going to give Wade those calls every time down the floor. Maybe they ease up for a game, but by game 4 he will be back to doing what he does and the refs will call it every time.

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Pop didnt say anything at the press conference...so my guess is: he doesnt care.

Pop doesn't think or for that matter speak on things like that; his answer would be something along the lines of: "why the hell would I be concerned about something that has happened in a game that's over and I have no control over?"

xellos88330
06-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't have been so pissed off at this call if the whistle wasn't so damn late. I don't think the whistle blew until Wade doubled over. The refs need to be more decisive with their whistles. The amount of late whistles on for both teams is ridiculous.

philldafunk
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
My thing is if ginobes had made a bigger stink out of getting slapped, would he have gotten a call?

Captivus
06-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Pop doesn't think or for that matter speak on things like that; his answer would be something along the lines of: "why the hell would I be concerned about something that has happened in a game that's over and I have no control over?"

So it doesnt happen in game 2!

Im tired of hearing about OKC FTs and fouls. Now Miami flops and nothing happens.
Why arent the Spurs doing the same thing.
Talk, hit players, flop, get techs..DO SOMETHING!

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2014, 10:28 AM
So it doesnt happen in game 2!

Im tired of hearing about OKC FTs and fouls. Now Miami flops and nothing happens.
Why arent the Spurs doing the same thing.
Talk, hit players, flop, get techs..DO SOMETHING!

:wow

http://www.panamajsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2369535128_ctm_rutgers_640x360_2369535586.jpg

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2014, 10:41 AM
He got fined but it'll be business as usual, if you think the Spurs will get fair calls tonight you gotta be joking. The calls will go to "superstars" especially when they exaggerate the situation and the NBA is not about to fine Refs although I guarantee that if they did fine the refs a game check they'd cut that shit out.

Jimcs50
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
If they weren't looking for it before, they won't start now. Wade is a known flopper and has been jumping into other players to get those shitty foul calls for years. I'd like to believe that the fine has brought some attention to it, but in reality they are still going to give Wade those calls every time down the floor. Maybe they ease up for a game, but by game 4 he will be back to doing what he does and the refs will call it every time.

The refs will be especially loking for Wade's flops. This is why the refs all have to watch every game on film prior to their officiating games. This will be a point that they look for.

06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
those 2pts > Wade's $5,000

Not to mention that Ginobili was forced to sit the remainder of the half since it was his 3rd foul.

Oh, Gee!!
06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

tholdren
06-10-2014, 11:31 AM
He cares, it's not his MO to bitch to the douchey media

james evans
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
if i'm working at a job and i'm making $500 a day and i'm constantly doing illegal shit on my job but if they catch me, they'll only fine me $20, i'm gonna keep doing it. the nba is a joke.

Gervin44Silas13
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
fuck you Wade...fuck you NBA Heat cocksucking team....!

heyheymymy
06-10-2014, 02:44 PM
gettin real tired of your shit, miami

colargol
06-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Not to mention that Ginobili was forced to sit the remainder of the half since it was his 3rd foul.

:bang

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 07:31 PM

Uhh, that's actually a foul. Some people want the rules changed so that a foul isn't called in that situation, but as it stands now that is a foul and Wade rightfully got free throws. You can jump any which way you want.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 07:32 PM
It's just like the Kevin Durant swim through move used to be called a shooting foul, and now it's just a regular foul. Durant did it so often that the league realized how lame it was and they changed the rules.

Jimcs50
06-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Uhh, that's actually a foul. Some people want the rules changed so that a foul isn't called in that situation, but as it stands now that is a foul and Wade rightfully got free throws. You can jump any which way you want.

You're fucking crazy, that was no where near a foul. watch the replay

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 08:08 PM
You're fucking crazy, that was no where near a foul. watch the replay

Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Wade jumped sideways into Manu after pump faking. That's a foul.

Jimcs50
06-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Wade jumped sideways into Manu after pump faking. That's a foul.

That is not a foul. That is not a natural bball move, hence not a foul. Even Mark Jackson said so, and he is a Miami apologist

jARS mEsH sEt
06-11-2014, 11:50 AM
That is not a foul. That is not a natural bball move, hence not a foul. Even Mark Jackson said so, and he is a Miami apologist

Jesus fucking christ. It is a foul. It is not a natural basketball move. That's what Mark Jackson and JVG wanted to change. JVG said that unnatural basketball moves should not be awarded free throws moving forward, but currently as it stands it is a foul.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2014, 11:59 AM
$5000 for a Finals win? I'm sure the Heat ownership covered that one for Wade.

UZER
06-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Jesus fucking christ. It is a foul. It is not a natural basketball move. That's what Mark Jackson and JVG wanted to change. JVG said that unnatural basketball moves should not be awarded free throws moving forward, but currently as it stands it is a foul.

That rule change was supposed to already be in place. It was a point of emphasis the officials were suppose to watch and not call this year. They've done a pretty good job all year with it, that's why that call wade got was an eye opener.

travis2
06-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Hey old man...calm down. Your patients aren't going to appreciate you having a heart attack in the middle of drilling out an old filling...:lol

jARS mEsH sEt
06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
That rule change was supposed to already be in place. It was a point of emphasis the officials were suppose to watch and not call this year. They've done a pretty good job all year with it, that's why that call wade got was an eye opener.

Really? I know they changed the swim move from shooting foul to regular foul. I haven't heard of this.

Jimcs50
06-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Hey old man...calm down. Your patients aren't going to appreciate you having a heart attack in the middle of drilling out an old filling...:lol

Oh, I'm calm, I'm practically comatose right now. I've been in a zen like trance all post season. I've known all along that Heat Spurs matchup was predestined and that Spurs wil win it all.

I'm so calm and cool right now, people think I'm on meds.

:lol

travis2
06-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh, I'm calm, I'm practically comatose right now. I've been in a zen like trance all post season. I've known all along that Heat Spurs matchup was predestined and that Spurs wil win it all.

I'm so calm and cool right now, people think I'm on meds.

:lol

Well, I should know, dentists do get some good stuff...:lol

UZER
06-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Really? I know they changed the swim move from shooting foul to regular foul. I haven't heard of this.

Maybe I'm confusing it with the verticallity rule. But I couldve sworn they were talking about refs being told not to award sideways jumps into defenders this year.