PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: have been eerily quiet

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Man, I know the official off season has not started yet but this type of low key attitude is a sure sign the Lakers will either snag a big time coach or acquire an All Star player soon.

We're probably getting Kevin Love and JVG soon :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-09-2014, 09:14 PM
If we get JVG I'd be happy...I prefer him over B Scott...B Scott begging for it too much which is a bad sign

Koolaid_Man
06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
JVG is a straight shooter he fucking knows the game inside out...and he knows players...JVG is a white coach with a black man's soul...he keeps that shit 1 hunded all the time

Michael Jordan.
06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Man, I know the official off season has not started yet but this type of low key attitude is a sure sign the Lakers will either snag a big time coach or acquire an All Star player soon.

Yeah, considering the last two coaches have been Mr. Potatohead and Pringles.

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Lakers are lost right now. They don't know if they need to rebuild or win for kobe.

spurraider21
06-09-2014, 09:20 PM
van gundy and karl are probably the 2 best coaches available. overrated as karl is, he's better than what's out there

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 09:22 PM
:lol Actually putting faith in Fredo to do anything right
:lol Actually thinking Stat-Padder Love would be some big acquisition

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 09:24 PM
van gundy and karl are probably the 2 best coaches available. overrated as karl is, he's better than what's out there

Tbh, there's plenty of good coaches in Europe - Blatt, Obradovic, Pianigiani come to mind - but we all know Fredo is too dumb to think outside the box and will hire some proven failure like Dumbleavy or Byron Scott instead....

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 09:32 PM
And they'll suck ass.

The way the Lakers Organization approaches roster building, scouting, and gameplan philosophy (I'm sure Mitch, et al still think bigs win titles and that Kirby shooting 20 times from the high post is a championship formula) is beyond antiquated. 2010 might as well be 100 years ago.

Rick Carlisle, Pop, and Riley/Spoestra are the only coaches to really evolve. I'd look out for Stotts in Portland, as well. Presti gets it from a roster building standpoint, but Brooks is an idiot.

The only thing that will save the Lakers is to blow it up and start from scratch.

Michael Jordan.
06-09-2014, 09:35 PM
And they'll suck ass.

The way the Lakers Organization approaches roster building, scouting, and gameplan philosophy (I'm sure Mitch, et al still think bigs win titles and that Kirby shooting 20 times from the high post is a championship formula) is beyond antiquated. 2010 might as well be 100 years ago.

Rick Carlisle, Pop, and Riley/Spoestra are the only coaches to really evolve. I'd look out for Stotts in Portland, as well. Presti gets it from a roster building standpoint, but Brooks is an idiot.

The only thing that will save the Lakers is to blow it up and start from scratch.

That won't save them either. If it wasn't for Shaq, Lakers would have been in a Celtics like drought.

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 09:42 PM
That won't save them either. If it wasn't for Shaq, Lakers would have been in a Celtics like drought.

Well, to at least make them respectable and not a total embarrassment. Sure, blowing it up and rebuilding with draft picks and smart signings will probably keep them at .500 team for a few years, but at least they'll have a future, and before long, could materialize into a team like the current Trailblazers.

But that dumbshit organization lets Kirby rule their decision making (Mike D got the axe on his request) and they'll proceed business as usual. Trying to build a roster around an aging, Achilles blown Kobe. You can't build a title team around Kobe's game anymore. Not necessarily because he's old, but because that style no longer works. It's all about speed, speed, speed and spacing.

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 09:46 PM

You know what, I'm down with Karl. He's pretty good and I think Kobe will endorse him. SVG is a strong advocate of defense but he tends to burn out his players.

But bringing Karl means no more Melo, which is fine with me. Kevin Love is our guy anyway.

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 09:46 PM
KoolAidMan, what about Karl?

Kool Bob Love
06-09-2014, 09:50 PM
KoolAid (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7339)Man, what about Karl?

1st round exit every year. Srs

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Kevin Love is our guy anyway.

:lol Damn, you must really love missing the playoffs and settling for late lottery picks....

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 09:55 PM
:lol Damn, you must really love missing the playoffs and settling for late lottery picks....

Kevin Love is legit bro. Twolves +/- when he's on and off the court proves this. He's not some empty stat padder tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Kevin Love is legit bro. Twolves +/- when he's on and off the court proves this. He's not some empty stat padder tbh.

You've clearly never watched him play, tbh.... he's soft and thinks he's Dirk offensively, he plays absolutely zero defense, he blatantly statpads rebounds whether it's by shoving his teammates out of the way or refusing to contest shots in order to get the board, and he's a locker room cancer.... he's a big reason why Minnesota has been such a disappointment the past few years, but somehow he always gets a pass from Media :lol

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Love won't work on the Lakers as currently constructed. He'd be a great addition to a team like the Thunder. The floor spacing he'd provide would complement that team's perimeter speed. But the Lakers have one of the worst perimeter rotations in the league and nothing at the SF position, which has become the most important spot to fill in today's NBA. Lakers also need a ball handler who can push pace (another vital importance today. It's why the Pacers will never go anywhere).

I can see the Lakers offense now. Love camping out at the 3 point line watching Kirby operate in the post for 15 seconds. That offense would be slower than shit and get swarmed to death by the likes of the Spurs, Thunder, Heat, Blazers, etc.

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
You've clearly never watched him play, tbh.... he's soft and thinks he's Dirk offensively, he plays absolutely zero defense, he blatantly statpads rebounds whether it's by shoving his teammates out of the way or refusing to contest shots in order to get the board, and he's a locker room cancer.... he's a big reason why Minnesota has been such a disappointment the past few years, but somehow he always gets a pass from Media :lol

Ive seen him play bro. I have league pass. He legit. HarlemHeat approved tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Because nothing on the Lakers is news-worthy. They deserve to stay quiet until they become good again.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Ive seen him play bro. I have league pass. He legit. HarlemHeat approved tbh.
Great analysis.... "he legit, I have League Pass".... is your name Chazz, by any chance? :lol

RsxPiimp
06-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Great analysis.... "he legit, I have League Pass".... is your name Chazz, by any chance? :lol

HarlemHeat Approved player tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 10:15 PM
HarlemHeat Approved player tbh.
Clipper Nation Disapproved Player, tbh.

Thebesteva
06-09-2014, 10:17 PM
We're quieter than Malaysian flight 370

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Everything about the Lakers organization screams "antiquated", tbh..

IIRC, just 2 years ago or so, they were the only team that didn't have an advanced metrics/analysis division in their front office, or even a rep at NBA analysis meetings(Sloan conference IIRC)..

They haven't really progressed as an organization, tbh, they're still looking to run the same, antiquated, ISO offense of the past(if the rumors of their potential coaching hires are true, like Byron Scott)..they're still banking on signing players based strictly on their location/allure, too..

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 10:26 PM

IIRC, just 2 years ago or so, they were the only team that didn't have an advanced metrics/analysis division in their front office, or even a rep at NBA analysis meetings(Sloan conference IIRC)..

They haven't really progressed as an organization, tbh, they're still looking to run the same, antiquated, ISO offense of the past(if the rumors of their potential coaching hires are true, like Byron Scott)..they're still banking on signing players based strictly on their location/allure, too..

That's another reason why Ballmer will be a huge advantage for us, tbh.... you just know considering his tech background that he's going to invest heavily in analytics and technology like SportVu, while the Lakers continue to operate like it's the '70s :lol

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 10:30 PM

Just imagine Kirby meeting with the Lakers braintrust about gameplan philosophy.

"Me in the post on the strongside. Have our bigs crash weakside for offensive boards."

Mitch: "Sounds good to me Kobe. You're the man!"

My God, the transition defense that team would have :lol

ezau
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM

JVG is great for the Lakers, but the problem is they're not going to have a bench even if they snag another All-Star.

Mori Chu
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I love watching the desperation of Laker fans right now. Can't wait until your team is $hit again in 2014-15 and my SUNS take your lotto pick (and it WILL be in the lotto, sons). LMFAO!

Mori Chu
06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Also: Enjoy decrepit Steve Nash! Maybe you can get another couple of episodes of "The Finish Line" out of him.

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
When the player he's guarding goes up for a shot, Love will literally turn around to box out instead of going for the contest. It's comical at times.

RsxPiimp
06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Love is doing what he does best. He crashes the boards. Only in this generation, this type of effort is criticized which isn't surprising considering fans these days also gets on a players nut if a player passes the ball on a game winning shot.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Love is doing what he does best. He crashes the boards. Only in this generation, this type of effort is criticized which isn't surprising considering fans these days also gets on a players nut if a player passes the ball on a game winning shot.
There's a difference between crashing the boards and literally refusing to defend in order to inflate your rebounds....

The Batman
06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
V4NwjMP7ydU

:lol look at Love give up on defense multiple times just so he could try and get the rebound

The Batman
08-07-2014, 09:10 AM
http://gifstumblr.com/images/those-awkward-moments-when-you-cant-stop-laughing_851.gif