For me it goes like this:

1) 1984 - MJ, Dream, Barkley, Stockton
2) 1996 - Kobe, AI, Ray Allen, Nash
3) 2003 - LBJ, Wade, Melo, Bosh
4) 1997 Jim :lol

Discuss sons. :toast

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 11:59 PM
1997 draft was weak outside of Duncan, everyone knows this, so I don't get the :lol

2003 is a much better draft than 1996. Best player since Jordan and possibly the 2nd best SG of all-time (Wade will pass Jerry West on the SG list if the Heat win this year and he contributes).

Juggity
06-10-2014, 12:00 AM
'96 is a way overrated draft. iso players like AI and Kobe are the best it has to offer. that's not enough to make it better than the 2003 draft IMO.

'97 draft just plain sucked outside of TD and I guess Tmac. Not sure why it's on your list. When chauncey billups is the third best player in a draft, you know it's pretty shitty.

'84 and '03 are neck and neck for the GOAT draft. I guess the edge has to go to 84.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:03 AM
1997 draft was weak outside of Duncan, everyone knows this, so I don't get the :lol

2003 is a much better draft than 1996. Best player since Jordan and possibly the 2nd best SG of all-time (Wade will pass Jerry West on the SG list if the Heat win this year and he contributes).
The Kang didn't win in Cleveland PERIOD. He had to collude with two of the best players in his draft class to win.

Hsd he not done that, he's likely still Paul Pierce's bitch.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 12:03 AM
1. 2003 - the GOAT went 1st overall, can't rank this draft lower than #1 for that reason alone
2. 1984 - Hakeem, Barkley, Stockton, etc.
3. 1996 - seriously, Alfredo - a role player like Kirby quitting on two teams and forcing his way to the Lakers is enough for you to rank this one over 2003?
4. 1997 - one-player draft, Vancouver got screwed

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
'96 is a way overrated draft. iso players like AI and Kobe are the best it has to offer. that's not enough to make it better than the 2003 draft IMO.

'97 draft just plain sucked outside of TD and I guess Tmac. Not sure why it's on your list. When chauncey billups is the third best player in a draft, you know it's pretty shitty.

'84 and '03 are neck and neck for the GOAT draft. I guess the edge has to go to 84.

How many all star appearances, all NBA selections, and rangs does 1996 have - when compared to 2003? Do you see now why they're ranked higher? 1984 is in a class by themselves.

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:07 AM
The Kang didn't win in Cleveland PERIOD. He had to collude with two of the best players in his draft class to win.

Hsd he not done that, he's likely still Paul Pierce's bitch.

Kirby cried his way onto the Lakers, who were stacked, on draft night.

He sticks with Charlotte, and he's remembered like T-Mac is today.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:07 AM
'96 isn't all that great. I mean the most valuable player from that draft (in terms of contributing to a championship team) is Ray Allen.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:14 AM

And if Jim wasn't protected like he was, he's Brad Daughtery, and the Anaheim Spurs are rangless. :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:15 AM
And if Jim wasn't protected like he was, he's Brad Daughtery, and the Anaheim Spurs are rangless. :lol

Saying that while Kirby is the most ref dependent superstar of all-time :lol

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 12:22 AM

:lol Imagine what his legacy would have been if he didn't fuck over the shitty Nets.... Kirby would REALLY be forgotten as the role player he truly is, tbh....

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:30 AM
:lol Imagine what his legacy would have been if he didn't fuck over the shitty Nets.... Kirby would REALLY be forgotten as the role player he truly is, tbh....

Team Bryant wanted it to happen. Only Calipari still was enthralled. [Agent ArnTellem] spun a 180 and now began claiming Bryant wouldn’t show up in Jersey, began saying they’d send the kid to play pro ball in Italy, where he’d spent much of his youth. Everyone now admits it was an idle threat. ‘Arn [wanted the Nets to draft him] until he knew he could get him to the Lakers,’ Calipari said. ‘Then he was against it. Arn was all over me,

Yeah, Kirb's agent (at Kirb's request) basically strong-armed Calipari into passing on Bryant.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:31 AM
To me Kirby has always been in this interesting position of technically being a role player on a championship contender but being a superstar, 1st ballot hall of famer if you just consider basketball to be 1 on 5.

I was rewatching his 49 point performance the other day. Jesus fucking christ it's embarrassing the extent to which he stagnates the offense. There's no coherent movement. There's no involvement. It's just Kobe 1 on 1 shooting (and making) semi-contested shots. He's fucking incredible at making those shots but in terms of adding value to an ideal championship team he's nothing more than a glorified role player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRa3QXoppJ0

mRa3QXoppJ0

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Yeah, Kirb's agent (at Kirb's request) basically strong-armed Calipari into passing on Bryant.

Two quits in one day before playing a nanosecond of NBA basketball, yet people ignore it and obsess over The Decision instead.... Christ!

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:34 AM
:lmao look at the score throughout the game. Kobe is beasting 1 on 1, 1 on 3, etc. and yet the Lakers seem perennially down :rollin

If the NBA instituted a 5 second shot clock instead of a 24 second shot clock, Kobe would literally be the GOAT because there would be no time to develop a 5 player set and 1 on 5 play would be highly cherished.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Granted, 2003 Tim Duncan was literally no different than Kobe Bryant, and the extent to which Tim stagnated the offense back then was no different than how Kobe stagnated the offense throughout his run.

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:37 AM
To me Kirby has always been in this interesting position of technically being a role player on a championship contender but being a superstar, 1st ballot hall of famer if you just consider basketball to be 1 on 5.

I was rewatching his 49 point performance the other day. Jesus fucking christ it's embarrassing the extent to which he stagnates the offense. There's no coherent movement. There's no involvement. It's just Kobe 1 on 1 shooting (and making) semi-contested shots. He's fucking incredible at making those shots but in terms of adding value to an ideal championship team he's nothing more than a glorified role player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRa3QXoppJ0

mRa3QXoppJ0

This. As I've said in other threads, the NBA has passed Kobe and the Lakers by. As Rick Carlisle said, "Slow play equals death." A team built around Kobe 25 times in the post will get massacred in today's game. Kobe might get his 30, but the Lakers will lose by 20.

It's why the Spurs don't run 4-down anymore, even though Tim could probably score 30 against Bosh in that scheme. All of Duncan's points now come off movement within the offense and the occasional jumper. The NBA is about system more than individual players matching up in ISO sets. It's why the Spurs were able to beat OKC relatively easily despite being much less talented. Heat are so good because they have Lebron, but they also have a system. Why it was so easy to plug Rashard Lewis in despite him not playing in months.

Nice clip, though. Belongs on the History Channel now as a relic of a bygone age :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Granted, 2003 Tim Duncan was literally no different than Kobe Bryant, and the extent to which Tim stagnated the offense back then was no different than how Kobe stagnated the offense throughout his run.

Back then you could get away with it, especially when you had an elite defense.

Speaks volumes to Tim's ability and basketball IQ that he was able to evolve as the game evolved.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm curious, do any Lakerfans seriously think the 2008 Lakers would stand a chance against the '14 Heat or '14 Spurs :lmao

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 12:42 AM
I see you reading this thread cupcake :rollin Speak up LkrFan

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm curious, do any Lakerfans seriously think the 2008 Lakers would stand a chance against the '14 Heat or '14 Spurs :lmao

Of course they do :lol

Kobe/Phil Jackson=Gawds. (The triangle is more obsolete than rotary phones).

Their 09/10 title teams would lose to either team, as well.

Still, a ring is a ring.

Franklin
06-10-2014, 12:49 AM
98 draft also features some future superstars & HOF candidates such as Dirk, Carter, Pierce etc...

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Saying that while Kirby is the most ref dependent superstar of all-time :lol
Kobe is the best one on one player in NBA history. Of course he'll get freebies. :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:51 AM

I had to take a shower. Now I'm back.

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:54 AM

I like Lkrfan, but he's just a boxscore watcher these days and doesn't really keep up with how the modern game has evolved. He still rates teams by the strength of their individual talent and their PPG, I assume.

Kidd K
06-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Of just those drafts:

1984 (by far)
1997 even though Duncan is better than any of the individual players in the 1995 draft.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:57 AM

Speaking of fucking over: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11059020

Shhhhh! :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Of just those drafts:

1984 (by far)
1997 even though Duncan is better than any of the individual players in the 1995 draft.
Are you stoopid? Who talking bout 1995? -10 points son.

What a dumbass. :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I like Lkrfan, but he's just a boxscore watcher these days and doesn't really keep up with how the modern game has evolved. He still rates teams by the strength of their individual talent and their PPG, I assume.

I'm back stateside now son. I get to see Jim choke away another Finals live and in living color. If he loses back to back Finals, there will be hell to pay s:loln

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm back stateside now son. I get to see Jim choke away another Finals live and in living color. If he loses back to back Finals, there will be hell to pay s:loln

Nah, Timmy has only added to his legacy by making back-to-back Finals at 37/38.

Meanwhile, you'll get to see Kirby at that age demand the ball in the post and lead the Lakers into the lottery.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:10 AM

Yes, I do. We had size, speed, quickness, skill, and chemistry. The size alone would put us over the top. Difference with our bigs? Unlike Hibbert, Pau, Bynum, and Odom were skilled two way players.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Nah, Timmy has only added to his legacy by making back-to-back Finals at 37/38.

Meanwhile, you'll get to see Kirby at that age demand the ball in the post and lead the Lakers into the lottery.

Please. Who is gonna think twice about the repeat champions of being the last to lose? :lol

Venti Quattro
06-10-2014, 01:12 AM

:lmao Carmelo

Even Darko Millicic has a ring

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes, I do. We had size, speed, quickness, skill, and chemistry. The size alone would put us over the top. Difference with our bigs? Unlike Hibbert, Pau, Bynum, and Odom were skilled two way players.

The same Celtics team that beat those Lakers by 39 were pushed to 7 by Lebron's Cavs, whose 2nd best player was Delonte West :lol

Speed and Quickness? Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, Vlad Rad, Sasha, Gasol aren't exactly athletic. Then you have them running the triangle, an antiquated system that would suffer under today's defensive sophistication.

Slow play is death. "NBA defenses are so sophisticated now. You don't want to give them a chance to get fully established. When we played Miami in the Finals, we knew that if we called any plays we were doomed. We had to play faster than that. Popovich really pioneered a lot of that. There is a pendulum on a lot of these things, but I really don't see faster offense going away."

- Rick Carlisle

The triangle is all about slowing the game down and running sets, mainly off the post. It would get swarmed to death today. It's no wonder Kobe's TOs have gone up dramatically. He still thinks him in the post "doin' work" is still a championship formula.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:23 AM
The same Celtics team that beat those Lakers by 39 were pushed to 7 by Lebron's Cavs, whose 2nd best player was Delonte West :lol

Speed and Quickness? Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, Vlad Rad, Sasha, Gasol aren't exactly athletic. Then you have them running the triangle, an antiquated system that would suffer under today's defensive sophistication.

The triangle is all about slowing the game down and running sets, mainly off the post. It would get swarmed to death today. It's no wonder Kobe's TOs have gone up dramatically. He still thinks him in the post "doin' work" is still a championship formula.

The Lakers have beaten many "fastbreak" teams by rebounding and pounding their light asses down low.

Not sure why you're sneaking the 2008 Cs into the thread, but since you did, let me remind the board that LeHype never beat their Big 3 as a Cav. At least Kobe did in 2010, without colluding.

HI-FI
06-10-2014, 01:35 AM
i know you rooting for Lebron, bean3rs are such frontrunners and bandwagoners. I don't hate you for it, it's in your DNA as much as shitty music, being a drug mule etc....

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 01:35 AM
The Lakers have beaten many "fastbreak" teams by rebounding and pounding their light asses down low.

Not sure why you're sneaking the 2008 Cs into the thread, but since you did, let me remind the board that LeHype never beat their Big 3. At least Kobe did in 2010.

:lol This is how I know you haven't kept up with the game's evolution.

Constant movement in the half court via the pick-and-roll, player movement, and floor spacing to open up driving lanes off the pick-and-roll is the hallmark of any great offense these days. And you need speedy personnel to run it optimally. Rather than guards and wings playing off bigs, bigs now play off what the guards and wings create. Forcefeeding any player in the post, no matter how dominant he is, is a recipe for disaster now. You can't even surround a post player with shooters to relieve congestion and protect against double teams. Perimeter defenders are too athletic and long these days and can close out on shooters faster than ever before. You have to move perimeter defenses side-to-side with ball and player movement, try to spread them out and hope they're late on their rotations. That's why none of Phil Jackson's assistants get jobs as head coaches :lol What the Lakers were running 4 and 5 years ago is ancient. Same with the Spurs during their title runs. Spurs don't forcefeed Duncan because he's too old. It just doesn't work. Stagnates the offense too much.

Sadly for Kobe, he's too old and banged up to evolve with the times. His only weapon is the post, and you can't build an offense around him in Triangle style sets anymore. Best thing for him to do is turn into a spot shooter, like Ray Allen.

HI-FI
06-10-2014, 01:36 AM
I had to take a shower. Now I'm back.
must've got done roofing. congrats on experiencing running water. :tu

jARS mEsH sEt
06-10-2014, 01:44 AM

Constant movement in the half court via the pick-and-roll, player movement, and floor spacing to open up driving lanes off the pick-and-roll is the hallmark of any great offense these days. And you need speedy personnel to run it optimally. Rather than guards and wings playing off bigs, bigs now play off what the guards and wings create. Forcefeeding any player in the post, no matter how dominant he is, is a recipe for disaster now. You can't even surround a post player with shooters to relieve congestion and protect against double teams. Perimeter defenders are too athletic and long these days and can close out on shooters faster than ever before. You have to move perimeter defenses side-to-side with ball and player movement, try to spread them out and hope they're late on their rotations. That's why none of Phil Jackson's assistants get jobs as head coaches :lol What the Lakers were running 4 and 5 years ago is ancient. Same with the Spurs during their title runs. Spurs don't forcefeed Duncan because he's too old. It just doesn't work. Stagnates the offense too much.

Sadly for Kobe, he's too old and banged up to evolve with the times. His only weapon is the post, and you can't build an offense around him in Triangle style sets anymore. Best thing for him to do is turn into a spot shooter, like Ray Allen.

Excellent post. I agree completely.

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 01:45 AM

Not sure why you're sneaking the 2008 Cs into the thread, but since you did, let me remind the board that LeHype never beat their Big 3 as a Cav. At least Kobe did in 2010, without colluding.

More on that point:

Two months after that Finals defeat, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was standing on the sideline watching an Oregon football practice. The NBA was in a lockout, so he made the most of his forced free time by touring the country to learn from his fellow coaches, regardless of the sport. Spoelstra and Ducks coach Chip Kelly spent several hours talking about the principles of speed, explosiveness and unpredictability on which Oregon's spread offense was based, and Spoelstra began to see how a similar approach could be adapted to his team.
"Pace and space" became his mantra. After the lockout ended, the Heat signed free-agent wing Shane Battier, a resourceful defender and 38.5% three-point shooter, then brought in alltime three-point leader Ray Allen the following year. The big centers were gone or mostly benched, and the offense has flourished ever since, especially in this postseason. Miami averaged 115.9 points per 100 possessions in the first three rounds of the playoffs, which would be the highest offensive rating ever in a regular season.
If there is still any belief that Spoelstra is just a caretaker of talent, his reinvention of a Heat offense that now makes full use of James's versatility should put that to rest. LeBron is both a low-post scorer and a high-post passer, a floor spacer and a pick-and-roll practitioner, a primary creator and a potent decoy. His credibility in each of those roles -- as facilitated by floor-spacing three-point shooters, and Wade's corresponding flexibility -- has allowed Spoelstra to create a more appropriately dynamic system. Miami's attack isn't turbocharged; it ranked 27th in pace during the regular season. The Heat's success lies in their half-court game in which the floor is spread, the cuts are precise and the ball moves crisply among players attuned to one another.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140604/nba-finals-heat-spurs/#ixzz34DT5CTbu

:lol Thinking the Heat are a fastbreak team.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:48 AM

I don't disagree, other than Kobe. Sure he's deadly in the post, but his jumper is going nowhere. If he plays the Ray Allen role so be it.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:48 AM
must've got done roofing. congrats on experiencing running water. :tu

Classh:lolle

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:52 AM
More on that point:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140604/nba-finals-heat-spurs/#ixzz34DT5CTbu

:lol Thinking the Heat are a fastbreak team.

They are a defensive team that turns you over then are off to the races on the other end. They do that - defense setting up easy transition buckets - more often than not. Hence me calling them a fastbreak team. It's their MO.

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 02:10 AM
They are a defensive team that turns you over then are off to the races on the other end. They do that - defense setting up easy transition buckets - more often than not. Hence me calling them a fastbreak team. It's their MO.

But their offense isn't built around the fastbreak. It's just a result of their defense.

I ain't trying to hate. The Spurs won 4 titles with post play, but because post play has been so successful in the 00's, teams have had plenty of time to counter it and realized speed and length used to harass passing lanes are the best weapons. It's just not as simple as "No one can stop Shaq in the post, give us the title" anymore. A team running the Triangle would be far too stagnant. The '04 Pistons were something of a prototype for modern defenses, with their swarming and lightning fast closeouts on shooters, and even though Shaq went off, the overall Lakers offense stalled.

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 02:28 AM
I don't disagree, other than Kobe. Sure he's deadly in the post, but his jumper is going nowhere. If he plays the Ray Allen role so be it.
kobe was never a great shooter beyond the arc. if anything he'd be deadly in a richard hamilton role

Kidd K
06-10-2014, 02:46 AM

Oh shut the fuck up bitch. It was like 1 am and one key over. Get over it limp dick.

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 02:54 AM

:rollin

BnrFan still cracks me up despite his shitty choice of favorite team

I don't know about that son. PETA is still looking for him for moose support payments:

http://www.imjustsayingthough.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/MJLaquetta.jpg

He fathered a baby girl calf with this cow and is neglecting his responsibilities. They'll get his Punkass soon enough. SMDH

MJ moose rape: 1
Kobe: 0

:lol
:lmao

Arcadian
06-10-2014, 04:12 AM

WTF? Tim gave the team rebounding, assists, and great defense. Even when he was playing iso in the post, he would draw double and triple teams and find the open man. He was never a selfish, 30+ shots/game player. Even at his peak, he was known as a team player and sacrificed individual stats for the betterment of the team. He has always helped his team more than Kobe - and pretty much everyone else, for that matter.

Raven
06-10-2014, 04:29 AM
the 1996 draft was pretty weird, a boatload of team cancers and a lone star shining in the dark in ray allen...

dg7md
06-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Kobe scored 81 in a game... no roleplayers would ever do that. Never got the Kobe hate here tbh... he's a great player, an all-time great SG that'll be a first-ballot HOFer.

Anyway the order in my opinion is:

1984, 2003, 1996, 1997

Jordan still the GOAT until LeBron gets 7 and looks like he brought his team most of the rings (Ray Allen won him it last year tbh).

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
u tellin a team of td, tmac and billups cant win?

tmac is not a winner, but he will accept banana role no problem

billups was a top5pg during his prime...

lefty
06-10-2014, 08:00 AM
This. As I've said in other threads, the NBA has passed Kobe and the Lakers by. As Rick Carlisle said, "Slow play equals death." A team built around Kobe 25 times in the post will get massacred in today's game. Kobe might get his 30, but the Lakers will lose by 20.

It's why the Spurs don't run 4-down anymore, even though Tim could probably score 30 against Bosh in that scheme. All of Duncan's points now come off movement within the offense and the occasional jumper. The NBA is about system more than individual players matching up in ISO sets. It's why the Spurs were able to beat OKC relatively easily despite being much less talented. Heat are so good because they have Lebron, but they also have a system. Why it was so easy to plug Rashard Lewis in despite him not playing in months.

Nice clip, though. Belongs on the History Channel now as a relic of a bygone age :lolMein negger

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
so ur saying 4down is not the reaosn why the spurs were able to beat the okc this year? duncan got his anytime he wanted, unless enrique is on the floor

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Kobe scored 81 in a game... no roleplayers would ever do that. Never got the Kobe hate here tbh... he's a great player, an all-time great SG that'll be a first-ballot HOFer.
Kirby is nothing more than a role player on any team interested in winning, tbh.... selfish stat-padding and chucking on a bad team doesn't change that fact....

Jordan still the GOAT until LeBron gets 7 and looks like he brought his team most of the rings (Ray Allen won him it last year tbh).
Vanilla take, tbh.... Pippen (and Stern, for that matter) brought Dad Killer all his rings.... just look at DK's record without Scottie :lol

lefty
06-10-2014, 09:12 AM
just look at DK's record without Scottie :lol
you mean when the Bulls had a very shitty roster ?

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
:cry

You did it TWICE th:lolugh. -10 points (discounted because I bet you can't count to 15 :lol)

:downspin:

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
:rollin

BnrFan still cracks me up despite his shitty choice of favorite team

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
you mean when the Bulls had a very shitty roster ?
182-228 all-time without Pippen :lol

DK :lol

TheyCallMePro
06-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Phillip
06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
WTF? Tim gave the team rebounding, assists, and great defense. Even when he was playing iso in the post, he would draw double and triple teams and find the open man. He was never a selfish, 30+ shots/game player. Even at his peak, he was known as a team player and sacrificed individual stats for the betterment of the team. He has always helped his team more than Kobe - and pretty much everyone else, for that matter.

I don't think that was his point. He was simply trying to say that the offense was very one-dimensional, and often slow and stagnant.

ambchang
06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Ranking the top players in those drafts:

MJ
Lebron
Duncan
Hakeem
Kobe
Barkley
Wade
Stockton
Iverson
TMac
Steve Nash
Ray Allen
Chauncey Billups
Melo
Bosh
Jermaine O'Neal
Sam Perkins
David West
Otis Thorpe
Antoine Walker

1984 is top heavy and sort of deep.
03 is top heavy with a bit of depth
96 is deep
97 basically only has one player.

Phillip
06-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Good point made by someone to put 98 in as opposed to 97. Too lazy to go back and look who typed it.

3 likely HOFs in Dirk, Carter, and Pierce, and some really solid players and all-stars littered throughout in Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison, Mike Bibby, Brad Miller and Al Harrington. Probably one of the better drafts you will find.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Ranking the top players in those drafts:

MJ
Lebron
Duncan
Hakeem
Kobe
Barkley
Wade
Stockton
Iverson
TMac
Steve Nash
Ray Allen
Chauncey Billups
Melo
Bosh
Jermaine O'Neal
Sam Perkins
David West
Otis Thorpe
Antoine Walker

1984 is top heavy and sort of deep.
03 is top heavy with a bit of depth
96 is deep
97 basically only has one player.

How many all-time greats have lost back to back Finals? When it is Kobe (5-2) vs Duncan (4-2), get at me.

Like I told mid, there will be hell to pay. I bet not see any BNSFag ever ranking him above Kobe ever again. Especially with a BRONZE MEDAL on his resume. :toast

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
How many all-time greats have lost back to back Finals? When it is Kobe (5-2) vs Duncan (4-2), get at me.

Like I told mid, there will be hell to pay. I bet not see any BNSFag ever ranking him above Kobe ever again. Especially with a BRONZE MEDAL on his resume. :toast
I think Tim gets graded on a curve since his prime ended like 7 years ago and he's still putting up strong finals performances

Seventyniner
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
How many all star appearances, all NBA selections, and rangs does 1996 have - when compared to 2003? Do you see now why they're ranked higher? 1984 is in a class by themselves.

Of course 1996 has a better chance at those things than 2003. They had 7 more years to get them.

On the other hand, I don't see any players in the 1996 class getting any more ASGs, All-NBA, or rings. The 2003 class has room to run.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I think Tim gets graded on a curve since his prime ended like 7 years ago and he's still putting up strong finals performances

duncan puttinig up with fo and enrique bullshit, is what durant is basically going through....

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:01 PM

A curve? :lol Here's a fastball: Jim is the only HOFer that won a BRONZE MEDAL and lost back to back Finals. EVAAAAAAAA! BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :rollin :lmao:rollin

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM

How many all-time greats have lost back-to-back in the 1st round?

Oh, Kobe did that.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Of course 1996 has a better chance at those things than 2003. They had 7 more years to get them.

On the other hand, I don't see any players in the 1996 class getting any more ASGs, All-NBA, or rings. The 2003 class has room to run.

2003 - 7 = 1996. You are now the smartest farmer on yhe board. C:lolngrats :toast

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
A curve? :lol Here's a fastball: Jim is the only HOFer that won a BRONZE MEDAL and lost back to back Finals. EVAAAAAAAA! BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :rollin :lmao:rollin
so it's worse on your legacy to lose in the finals than it is to lose in an early round?

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
How many all-time greats have lost back-to-back in the 1st round?

Oh, Kobe did that.

And it's STILL Kobe 5, Jim 2. :)

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:08 PM

Kirby fans are getting desperate, thinking making back-to-back Finals against at 37/38 is somehow a bad thing. If anything, it just widens the gap between Tim and Kirby.

Next year, Kirby will have led the Lakers to the lottery for the 3rd time since '05. Does any all-time great have that on their resume?

Seventyniner
2003 - 7 = 1996. You are now the smartest farmer on yhe board. C:lolngrats :toast

It was your idea to compare 2003 to 1996 using things like (current) total ASG, All-NBA, and ring counts.

LkrFan
so it's worse on your legacy to lose in the finals than it is to lose in an early round?

Yes. Especially when your 28.2 seconds from shutting up all Laker Fans.

Besides, was a deep playoff run expected with Smush, Brian Cook, Puke Walton, and Chris fucking Mihm on your roster? Try again son.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 12:10 PM
lol kirby fans taking credit win for a gold medal he played no part in, just like the shaq 3peat lakers and paus b2b championships

LkrFan
Kirby fans are getting desperate, thinking making back-to-back Finals against at 37/38 is somehow a bad thing. If anything, it just widens the gap between Tim and Kirby.

Next year, Kirby will have led the Lakers to the lottery for the 3rd time since '05. Does any all-time great have that on their resume?

True or False: if OKC were healthy, do you guys make it past them this year or last?

midnightpulp

You mean Tim 3, Kobe 2.

Finals MVPs are an individual award and should be used when comparing two players.

Rings are a team accomplishment, and the Lakers do in fact have 5 to the Spurs 4 in this era, unfortunately.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
lol kirby fans taking credit win for a gold medal he played no part in, just like the shaq 3peat lakers and paus b2b championships

ZERO bronze medalsPERIOD. Repeated as champion at least oncePERIOD. :lol

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
what's the 5 and 2?

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:14 PM
True or False: if OKC were healthy, do you guys make it past them this year or last?

Ibaka was jumping around like the ape he is in games 5 and 6 and it made zero difference. OKC got blown out just the same in game 5 and lost to the Spurs for the first time in two years on their home court in game 6, with Tim wrecking Ibaka's shit in OT. You also forget we played the majority of that game without Parker.

The evidence supports him making no difference.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:18 PM
You mean Tim 3, Kobe 2.

Finals MVPs are an individual award and should be used when comparing two players.

Rings are a team accomplishment, and the Lakers do in fact have 5 to the Spurs 4 in this era, unfortunately.
FMVPs are (white) media awards. Ever since Colorado...you know the rest.

Unless you value MVPs over rangs, your argument holds no weight. I mean, the goal is to win championships. That's why they play (besides the whores they can buy with all that cash :lol).

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:20 PM
FMVPs are (white) media awards. Ever since Colorado...you know the rest.

Unless you value MVPs over rangs, your argument holds no weight. I mean, the goal is to win championships. That's why they play (besides the whores they can buy with all that cash :lol).

Um, Kobe won his only FMVPs after Colorado.

And of course the goal is to win titles, which is why you compare teams and not players. It takes a team to win a title.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:27 PM
[/MENTION]=midnightpulp;7405791]Ibaka was jumping around like the ape he is in games 5 and 6 and it made zero difference. OKC got blown out just the same in game 5 and lost to the Spurs for the first time in two years on their home court in game 6, with Tim wrecking Ibaka's shit in OT. You also forget we played the majority of that game without Parker.

The evidence supports him making no difference.

1) They spotted you guys two games
2) Tim played a 68% Ibaka (at best).
3) Did not Ibaka shoot 100% against Jim when healthy at least once?
4) Doesn't Chuckbrook dominate Enrique - when healthy? So Enrique being out is no factor.

2013 WC Champs *
2014 WC Champs *

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Um, Kobe won his only FMVPs after Colorado.

And of course the goal is to win titles, which is why you compare teams and not players. It takes a team to win a title.
Even Bird said Kobe deserved more than one mvp. As far as FMVP, who cares?

Yeah, but Duncan fucked up your 5th all by himself. :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Yeah, you're really spinning.

:lol Acting like you know how healthy Ibaka was or wasn't.

Proof OKC wins any of the first two games with a healthy Ibaka?

That's right, you have none.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
this clown still trying to claim credit of vanessa 2.5 rings as his for total of 5rings?

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
what's the 5 and 2?

Bronze Medal and (HOFer patent-pending) back to back Finals losses = deduction in rang totals. :lol

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Even Bird said Kobe deserved more than one mvp. As far as FMVP, who cares?

Yeah, but Duncan fucked up your 5th all by himself. :lol

Duncan was excellent in the Finals. The series wasn't lost on that missed layup.

Now this is how you singlehandedly lose a Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2004_finals.html#LAL::none

4-23 from downtown :lmao

So Kobe obviously did care about the FMVP. He chucked the Lakers out of a title trying to win one :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah, you're really spinning.

:lol Acting like you know how healthy Ibaka was or wasn't.

Proof OKC wins any of the first two games with a healthy Ibaka?

That's right, you have none.

Despite what you are posting, you were one of the 1,000s of Spur Fans that wanted no parts of OKC. Admit it s:loln

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Duncan was excellent in the Finals. The series wasn't lost on that missed layup.

So Kobe obviously did care about the FMVP. He chucked the Lakers out of a title trying to win one :lol

Oh, and out rebounded by Derek Fisher, in the fucking Finals :lmao.

:downspin: dat shit Lkrfan

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM

2004 Pistons and 2008 Cs are two of the greatest defensive teams in NBA history. Their perimeter and interior defenses were elite. OTOH, Jim faced Bosh Spice and Turdman. Big difference son.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Oh, and out rebounded by Derek Fisher, in the fucking Finals :lmao.

:downspin: dat shit Lkrfan

Reeeeeeaching son. Must be mad. tee hee

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 12:57 PM
2004 Pistons and 2008 Cs are two of the greatest defensive teams in NBA history. Their perimeter and interior defenses were elite. OTOH, Jim faced Bosh Spice and Turdman. Big difference son.

Manu had no problem shooting over 45% against that same team the very next year. He also had no problem getting over 5 boards.

Keep :downspin: son

Kirby blew that Finals in a vain pursuit for the FMVP. Everyone knows this.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Manu had no problem shooting over 45% against that same team the very next year. He also had no problem getting over 5 boards.

Keep :downspin: son

Kirby blew that Finals in a vain pursuit for the FMVP. Everyone knows this.

Manu > Kobe. Got it. :tu

midnightpulp
06-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Manu > Kobe. Got it. :tu

Glad you're listening to reason.

Although Manu singlehandedly blew a Finals as well, so I guess they're even.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Kirby's averages from the 2004 finals:
2004: 22.6 ppg, 4.4 apg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 steals, .6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers, 38% shooting :lmao

Shaq's averages from the 2004 finals:
2004: 26.6 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, .6 blocks, 63.1% shooting, 49% FT

Looking forward to how Renato tries to :downspin: dis shit :lol

lefty
06-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Watched NBA TV's special on the 1984 draft yesterday

:lol Carlisle

Glad they had a segment on Oscar Schmidt too; nigga destroyed Murica :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Kirby's averages from the 2004 finals:
2004: 22.6 ppg, 4.4 apg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 steals, .6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers, 38% shooting :lmao

Shaq's averages from the 2004 finals:
2004: 26.6 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, .6 blocks, 63.1% shooting, 49% FT

Looking forward to how Renato tries to :downspin: dis shit :lol

Your wish is my command son. After The Split! Kobe 2 Snaq 1

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Your wish is my command son. After The Split! MVPau 2 Daddy 1

fify

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM
fify

So predictable. Kinda like a 2nd round Clipper l:lolss

ambchang
06-10-2014, 02:15 PM

How many all time greats have missed a playoffs in his prime, and then miss playoffs in b2b seasons later on in his career?

It's hilarious now that you are penalizing Duncan for being a major part of a team that made it to the finals in the ultra competitive west. Besides, I am not even sure if you should call yourself Lkrfan when you posed such an idiotic question while Magic and Kareem lost b2b Finals in 83 (swept by the 6ers) and 84 (vs. hated rivals Celtics). You should be ashamed that you would feel free to throw the two greatest Laker of all time under the bus to prop up a player who had destroyed your supposedly favourite franchise for years to come.

I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it, and when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you sceam about it, I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
So predictable.
Yep, Kirbystan's :downspin:jobs are predictable, but the facts need to be set straight nonetheless :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
How many all time greats have missed a playoffs in his prime, and then miss playoffs in b2b seasons later on in his career?

It's hilarious now that you are penalizing Duncan for being a major part of a team that made it to the finals in the ultra competitive west. Besides, I am not even sure if you should call yourself Lkrfan when you posed such an idiotic question while Magic and Kareem lost b2b Finals in 83 (swept by the 6ers) and 84 (vs. hated rivals Celtics). You should be ashamed that you would feel free to throw the two greatest Laker of all time under the bus to prop up a player who had destroyed your supposedly favourite franchise for years to come.

I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it, and when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you sceam about it, I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe

16 rangs. More than Spurs, Bulls, and Hype COMBINED. Trust me, I'll sleep well. :downspin:

kamikazi_player
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Idk why lkrfan's posts cracks me up sometimes :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 02:29 PM

^ Gets it. Props son. :tu

Clipper Nation
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM

It's det "I just learned English" illegal immigrant charm :lol

Double-Up
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
1. 2003 - the GOAT went 1st overall, can't rank this draft lower than #1 for that reason alone
2. 1984 - Hakeem, Barkley, Stockton, etc.
3. 1996 - seriously, Alfredo - a role player like Kirby quitting on two teams and forcing his way to the Lakers is enough for you to rank this one over 2003?
4. 1997 - one-player draft, Vancouver got screwed

1984 draft is 2nd on your list and you somehow forget to even add Jordan? Jordan is just an Et cetera to you? :lol

sook
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
1984 draft is 2nd on your list and you somehow forget to even add Jordan? Jordan is just an Et cetera to you? :lol

...:lol

1984 is easily the greatest draft class ever followed by 2003. I think its closer than people believe though.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
It's det "I just learned English" illegal immigrant charm :lol

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM

It's his "haven't been to the WCFs ever" charm. :lol

lakaluva's wallet
06-10-2014, 03:03 PM
It's his "haven't been to the WCFs ever" charm. :lol
:lol

ambchang
06-10-2014, 03:23 PM
16 rangs. More than Spurs, Bulls, and Hype COMBINED. Trust me, I'll sleep well. :downspin:

Must be proud of those Mikan rings when he won it with the Minneapolis Lakers.

:lol Named the Lakers in a city with piss poor lakes.

baseline bum
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I am not even sure if you should call yourself Lkrfan when you posed such an idiotic question while Magic and Kareem lost b2b Finals in 83 (swept by the 6ers) and 84 (vs. hated rivals Celtics). You should be ashamed that you would feel free to throw the two greatest Laker of all time under the bus to prop up a player who had destroyed your supposedly favourite franchise for years to come.

God damn!

http://karmajello.com/postcont/2012/09/shawn-kemp-top-career-dunks-taunt.gif

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Must be proud of those Mikan rings when he won it with the Minneapolis Lakers.

:lol Named the Lakers in a city with piss poor lakes.

What a stoopid post. Kidd K, is det y:lolu?

ambchang
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
What a stoopid post. Kidd K, is det y:lolu?

How do you add to 16 then?

But then, why would you EVEN count to 16? You dismissed the entire 80s with the exclusion of Magic and Kareem. My take is that you should only count the two (09/10) MVPau championships when you talk about your fandom, maybe the 3 Shaq titles, but I am not sure you know of the NBA back then.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 05:52 PM
How do you add to 16 then?

But then, why would you EVEN count to 16? You dismissed the entire 80s with the exclusion of Magic and Kareem. My take is that you should only count the two (09/10) MVPau championships when you talk about your fandom, maybe the 3 Shaq titles, but I am not sure you know of the NBA back then.

Stoopidity c:lmaonfirmed. Here's a hint: there's always a reason for everything I post or for every thread I create. :downspin:

ambchang
06-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Stoopidity c:lmaonfirmed. Here's a hint: there's always a reason for everything I post or for every thread I create. :downspin:

As opposed to no reasons to post? I mean, how retarded can you be to even think that anybody would post without a reason.

LkrFan
06-10-2014, 07:09 PM
As opposed to no reasons to post? I mean, how retarded can you be to even think that anybody would post without a reason.
:stupid:

Kidd K
06-10-2014, 08:42 PM
You did it TWICE th:lolugh. -10 points (discounted because I bet you can't count to 15 :lol)

And? :lol -100 points for being a faggot that cries a river over a keyboard keystroke.

ambchang
06-10-2014, 09:20 PM
:stupid:

:lol being exposed and kept talking about another person being stupid.

Your purpose is to show you are a Kobe nut hugger who would throw magic and Kareem under the bus. Great move.