PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Spurs to go Small?

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Can't stop the Heat. Might as well put a more effective lineup out there offensively. You still got Splitter, Diaw, and Ginobili coming off the bench. Which will be needed when Chris Anderson is in the game. This should help Leonard avoid foul trouble as well.
Duncan - Bosh
Leonard - Lewis
Green - James
Mills - Wade
Parker - Chalmers

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2014, 10:42 AM
That could be a recipe for Wade to have a field day; I've always thought Patty was a better defender than he gets credit for around here, but guarding Wade may not be the best idea.

bklynspursfan
06-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I think I like the idea of Manu starting and guarding Lewis. Let Green/Leonard stay with James/Wade.

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Lewis is feast or famine and he's not good enough to be consistent. He'll choke open shots tonight because the Spurs are content leading him open for some reason.

Proxy
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
they lost by single digits. just play better

Robz4000
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
If they do decide to go small, I'd start CoJo tbh. He can check Wade or Chalmers, or if need be they could throw him on Lewis.

tholdren
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
That could be a recipe for Wade to have a field day; I've always thought Patty was a better defender than he gets credit for around here, but guarding Wade may not be the best idea.

Maybe. I agree with you both, to a point. I dont necessarily know if small is the answer, but splitter and leonard need to get benched for Baynes and Cujo if they continue to play like garbage. No more marco either.

And before the emoticon crew starts chiming in with the pro-splitter and pro-leonard hype: POP NEEDS TO PLAY THE MOST EFFECTIVE PLAYERS. hell put daye on bosh, he can probably defend the three. Im tired of seeing ineffective players use up minutes. If they play like trash, get them out of the game, I could care less who it is. I just want number 5

tholdren
06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Lewis is feast or famine and he's not good enough to be consistent. He'll choke open shots tonight because the Spurs are content leading him open for some reason.

I mean isnt that the description of Tiago? Feast or famine?

Seventyniner
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Can't stop the Heat. Might as well put a more effective lineup out there offensively. You still got Splitter, Diaw, and Ginobili coming off the bench. Which will be needed when Chris Anderson is in the game. This should help Leonard avoid foul trouble as well.
Duncan - Bosh
Leonard - Lewis
Green - James
Mills - Wade
Parker - Chalmers

Change Mills to Manu on Wade. A few times in game 2 Wade found a PG or Beli on him. The Heat would send all the other players to the wings and Wade would back his defender down in the center of the paint and got off easy shots every time.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM
They need Manu to come off the bench. He'll probably come in rather quickly if Mills fails. Mills should make it hard for Wade to play the passing lanes without leaving open a high quality shooter. And Leonard should be able to slow down Lewis. Parker should have a lot of space to operate. The same with Duncan. Heck this could spark Leonard to having a big offensive game.

look_at_g_shred
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Duncan
Diaw
Leonard
Green
Parker

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Duncan
Diaw
Leonard
Green
Parker
Except Diaw is not a reliable 3 point shooter. As the Thunder said, he doesn't get the respect needed to be a stretch 4.

DarrinS
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM

This

DesignatedT
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Diaw needs to shoot the three if he's open then. He's hitting at a 40% clip and has proven he is more than capable of knocking down shots.

Jenks
06-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Leonard - Lewis
Complete waste of Leonard

BillMc
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Yep.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Complete waste of Leonard
Lewis got double digits last game. Leonard should be able to shut him down. Plus Leonard should be able to own Lewis on the offensive end. At least keep Leonard out of foul trouble in the first half so he can play without foul worries.

Spur|n|Austin
06-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Diaw needs to shoot the three if he's open then. He's hitting at a 40% clip and has proven he is more than capable of knocking down shots.

His long ball looks to have lost all confidence, I cringe when he shoots that 3 now.

Seventyniner
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Lewis got double digits last game. Leonard should be able to shut him down. Plus Leonard should be able to own Lewis on the offensive end. At least keep Leonard out of foul trouble in the first half so he can play without foul worries.

The foul trouble is the point. The Spurs could always switch between Green and Leonard on LeBron and Lewis anyway, it's not like Lewis is a threat to post up on Green.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
The foul trouble is the point. The Spurs could always switch between Green and Leonard on LeBron and Lewis anyway, it's not like Lewis is a threat to post up on Green.
True. That only works when they go small though. Otherwise Duncan, Splitter, or Diaw will have to guard Lebron.

cd98
06-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Time to move the ball. Time for Kawhi to play like he did against the Thunder.

Jimcs50
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
They'll go small alright(shrinkage). The temperature inside Miami's arena tonight will be in the 60's I promise you that. They want our old muscles to be tight as hell. You can bet there will not be a 7 in the temperature reading.

:lol

Solid D
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Duncan - Bosh
Leonard - Lewis
Green - James
Mills - Wade
Parker - Chalmers

The Spurs did go small. Do you mean small at the start of the game? If the Spurs get off to a good start, as they did last game...then why mess with who starts, other than altering the normal substitution patterns to end up more with a more rested small lineup in 4th quarters?

With your proposed match ups, the Spurs will struggle at the wing positions.

tholdren
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM

No. Lewis aint ballin inside. He's not blowing by guys (no innuendo) on the perimeter. He's getting a damn set shot. You dont want Kawhi on that at all. Leonard would be bound to help, lewis splashes a couple open threes, then his confidence is to mars. if anything put duncan on him. Let Leonard defend bosh. Put diaw on Ledoosh. Parker on Chalmers. Green on Wade.

That's the lineup we want.

When Birdman comes in bring in baynes

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Diaw is too slow to guard Lebron. This is just a mismatch. Lebron would have a career game if Diaw guarded him the whole game. You're better off with Green on Lebron.

tholdren
06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Diaw is too slow to guard Lebron. This is just a mismatch. Lebron would have a career game if Diaw guarded him the whole game. You're better off with Green on Lebron.

Disagree. Miami is a one trick pony. You let Lebron get his. You have had 9 games to see what happens when one of Miami's role players go off in the finals. I give a shit if lebron puts up 70pts 30 rebounds as long as we have 1 more point than miami. Career nights are only valued by Russel Westbrook and Dwight Howard.

I am a Spurs fan

mavsfan1000
06-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Lebron is a high efficient scorer though. Not like other scorers. You'd rather have Lewis, Bosh, Wade, and Chalmers shooting the ball.

tholdren
06-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Lebron is a high efficient scorer though. Not like other scorers. You'd rather have Lewis, Bosh, Wade, and Chalmers shooting the ball.

No, I wouldn't want the others shooting the ball. I want it on Lebron. Last year: Miller, Allen, Battier killed us. Not Lebron. Those three. This year its Bosh and Lewis.... Ledoosh aint winnin by himself. Its been proven TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I might insert a little CoJo into the mix and just tell him and Mills to be all-out energy on the court and help wear people out.

Horse
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Diaw has to get aggresive remember it was only two games ago he scored 26

SupremeGuy
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Or they could just make some FTs...

RD2191
06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Or they could just make some FTs...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif