PDA

View Full Version : You can't teach guts, Stephen Jackson isn't walking out that locker room

SpursFan4-Life
06-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Toughness of guys like Jackson, Bowen are something this team doesn't have with all th soft euros

only Duncan has a pair of nuts, and Parker won't get the best player on this team the ball in the fourth anyway

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Manu Ginobili doesn't have guts? Come on son. Guys like this are the reason this fucking site needs a 100 post limit before starting threads. Get the fuck out

SpursFan4-Life
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Manu Ginobili doesn't have guts? Come on son. Guys like this are the reason this fucking site needs a 100 post limit before starting threads. Get the fuck out

Manu has guts but gets bullied by everyone, no one stepped to guys like Bowen and Jackson when it came toughness

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Toughness of guys like Jackson, Bowen are something this team doesn't have with all th soft euros

only Duncan has a pair of nuts, and Parker won't get the best player on this team the ball in the fourth anyway

Manu probably has more guts than pretty much everyone else in the floor not named Duncan. Not sure what Spurs BB have you been watching these last few years son.

poop
06-10-2014, 04:31 PM
They all have guts inside their bodies

timtonymanu
06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I was a huge Stephen Jackson homer when he was playing here. But, let's be real, he wouldn't help the Spurs and he definitely wouldn't have in last year's finals.

ohmwrecker
06-10-2014, 04:53 PM
lol Stephen Jackson

cd98
06-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes, let's not overdo Jackson's clutchness. He's only won one title (with the Spurs), and that year he got all kinds of great looks with Tim and David in the middle. Let's be honest, Green could have (and as proved by his finals shooting last year) would have made the same shots. He's not Robert Horry. That's who we wish was walking through the door. He was clutch personified and he proved it countless times for every team he won a title with.

cd98
06-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Manu has guts but gets bullied by everyone, no one stepped to guys like Bowen and Jackson when it came toughness

Kind of silly to quote Jackson's "toughness." Malice at the Palace toughness is not what this team needs. Manu circa 2005 is the toughness we need. Besides, Manu is 10 times the player Jackson and Bowen ever were. Not even close.

Prose
06-10-2014, 04:55 PM

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes Stephen Jackson had a lot of guts, but he also had a lot of arrogance that made him quite an idiot. To claim that he's better than Kawhi like he did, TO THE MEDIA, was as dumb of a thing that he could've done. He didn't deserve to be on this team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Stephen Jackson couldn't dribble, made bad decisions with the ball and was a locker room cancer.

But yeah, he could hit a big three once in awhile.

Baam
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
It's one thing to lose him, but replacing him with Beli was such a blunder...

BillMc
06-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Yes Stephen Jackson had a lot of guts, but he also had a lot of arrogance that made him quite an idiot. To claim that he's better than Kawhi like he did, TO THE MEDIA, was as dumb of a thing that he could've done. He didn't deserve to be on this team.

Was that the final straw with Jackson? For some reason I always thought he got booted because of something with Green and Manu. Never saw him say he was better than Leonard, but if he did he was completely delusional. Kawhi is on his way up, Jackson a shell of what he once was and out of the league.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Was that the final straw with Jackson? For some reason I always thought he got booted because of something with Green and Manu. Never saw him say he was better than Leonard, but if he did he was completely delusional. Kawhi is on his way up, Jackson a shell of what he once was and out of the league.
I can't remember the exact quote but he did say along the lines of that he's better than Kawhi and should be the starter. I think he may have called himself the best player on the team but I'm not sure.

hater
06-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Del Benchinelli has disspointed El Cartel and El Patron fellas :cry

at least Italy will bow out of the WC after round 1 :lmao

stephen jackson
06-10-2014, 05:41 PM
heard ma name

tholdren
06-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I can't remember the exact quote but he did say along the lines of that he's better than Kawhi and should be the starter. I think he may have called himself the best player on the team but I'm not sure.

Cap'n thought he was better than Green/Manu. At that point in his career he wasn't; shooting 27% from three and too slow to be a defender. He could run his mouth, but he couldnt back it up the way he sometimes could 10 years ago.