PDA

View Full Version : NBA: This is why I hate the refs...

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Ref was literally 2 feet away and staring right at the play but still blew the whistle. Disgusting imo...

http://giant.gfycat.com/DelightfulWelldocumentedAtlanticspadefish.gif

RobbyH
06-10-2014, 11:15 PM
ever gotten elbowed in the chin, fatass?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-10-2014, 11:16 PM

Ever choked on my balls, cum guzzler?

Thebesteva

This new breed of shitty Magic trolls is shit

unforeseen

Does the rush to the buffet line count?

ChumpDumper
06-10-2014, 11:17 PM
ever gotten elbowed in the chin, fatass?Chalmers hasn't if that's all we have to go by.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Chalmers hasn't if that's all we have to go by.

This.

Chinook
06-10-2014, 11:20 PM
It was a foul. If my Green-homer ass can see that, anyone should be able to.

Seventyniner
06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Until there is a significant monetary fine or an in-game penalty for flopping, it will continue and likely get worse.

With all the cameras and replay technology, it should be easy to hire a bunch of interns to screen all plays and single out potential flops, with higher-ups checking each one before assessing penalties. A technical foul per flop would stop all of this if it could be done during the game.

Maybe a fine of 1/82 of a player's salary per flop would work so as to get the stars to stop doing it. Do you think Wade would flop if each one cost him $228,000?

Franklin
06-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Agree, Danny didn't attempt to foul though, he just didn't expect Chalmer's jaw to be this big tbh. cHeat's players generally have bigger jaws than normal.

Seventyniner
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM

As the page was loading (so the gif was showing in slow motion) I swear I saw daylight between Danny's elbow and Chalmers's chin. Expecting a ref to see a sliver like that is unreasonable, but if it was a flop cameras should have caught it.

Or are you saying he committed some other foul? I didn't see one.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Maybe that gif wasn't obvious enough. Here's the link, right click and play it at slow motion.

http://gfycat.com/DelightfulWelldocumentedAtlanticspadefish

Edit: Chinook

Chinook
06-10-2014, 11:34 PM
You can see the elbow hit from the other angle.

pgardn
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
This has become the new game.

Get on top of a player and don't allow any forward pivot with the arms. It has happened a number of times. Stevenson literally put his face right in Lebron's chest and dared him to pivot forward. The NBA is gonna have to establish clearer rules on this tactic.

We used to take peoples faces off pivoting if they did not allow some space and actually would try to get you to turn your back. Obviously players are willing to sacrifice their faces now. Ginobili is good at this as well.

Strange Love
06-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I mean he did grace him with his elbow but that was obviously a flop and a fine is incoming.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:53 PM
This has become the new game.

Get on top of a player and don't allow any forward pivot with the arms. It has happened a number of times. Stevenson literally put his face right in Lebron's chest and dared him to pivot forward. The NBA is gonna have to establish clearer rules on this tactic.

We used to take peoples faces off pivoting if they did not allow some space and actually would try to get you to turn your back. Obviously players are willing to sacrifice their faces now. Ginobili is good at this as well.

So using your elbows is a foul, and using the ball isn't. Got it. Maybe players should just chuck the basketball at opposing player's faces to create more space then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dbzmXOu84

Aztecfan03
06-11-2014, 10:11 AM
As the page was loading (so the gif was showing in slow motion) I swear I saw daylight between Danny's elbow and Chalmers's chin. Expecting a ref to see a sliver like that is unreasonable, but if it was a flop cameras should have caught it.

Or are you saying he committed some other foul? I didn't see one.

If you look at the gifs from the other angle you can see Green barely make contact with his chin. Nothing warranting Chalmers reaction though

Seventyniner
06-11-2014, 10:16 AM
If you look at the gifs from the other angle you can see Green barely make contact with his chin. Nothing warranting Chalmers reaction though

Thanks, I hadn't seen that other angle.

Can a flop still be assessed if the reaction is deemed to be excessive? I'm obv not the one that got my chin hit but it didn't seem like nearly enough to snap Chalmers's head back like that.

Captivus
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM

I see a Chalmers foul before that.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
anyone remember rodman made a career out of leaning on players and shit, even though he got elbowed to the faces and shit that aint flopping shit

Aztecfan03
06-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Can a flop still be assessed if the reaction is deemed to be excessive? I'm obv not the one that got my chin hit but it didn't seem like nearly enough to snap Chalmers's head back like that.

It seems like it has but I have a feeling they don't do it here.

Seventyniner
06-11-2014, 10:23 AM
It seems like it has but I have a feeling they don't do it here.

Actually if the NBA fined players for embellishing contact Manu would be broke.

Aztecfan03
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Actually if the NBA fined players for embellishing contact Manu would be broke.

Wasn't Tiago's fine from embellished contact? I'm not even sure if it was even embellished. I could see him falling down like that from a push by serge.

ambchang
06-11-2014, 11:00 AM
It's more with how they control the flow of the game.

In the 1st quarter, they were calling ticky tacky fouls on the Heat, and the Spurs put on a historical offensive display. In the third quarter, they reversed it, and the Heat made a huge comeback.

Why can't they call the game consistently like the 2nd and 4th quarters? I just don't get it.

Dex
06-11-2014, 11:27 AM
:cry oh he made contact :cry

:cry he elbowed him in the face :cry

:cry retaliatory move against chalmers :cry

Give me a fucking break. This is the NBA Finals, and there is more contact than that on every single possession. That shit was 5% foul and 95% flop, and JVG was preachin' it to the choir!

ulosturedge
06-11-2014, 11:50 AM
There was contact but he didn't have to act like he took an uppercut from Tyson(that's the flopping part).

Frank Dux
06-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Mario Chalmers can barely be considered a basketball player at this point. He's trying to contribute however he can, which is mostly through cheapshots and flops.

Chinook
06-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Yes, overreaction can draw a fine. That's what happened to Tony Allen in the WCF last year. If this play had ended up being game-changing, it'd probably make a bigger firestorm.

I see a Chalmers foul before that.

Okay.

Captivus
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, overreaction can draw a fine. That's what happened to Tony Allen in the WCF last year. If this play had ended up being game-changing, it'd probably make a bigger firestorm.

Okay.

You dont?

Chinook
06-11-2014, 12:54 PM
You dont?

To be honest, I haven't really looked at it from that angle. I guess Chalmers hits Green's arms. It probably should have been a no-call both ways.

Captivus
06-11-2014, 01:42 PM
To be honest, I haven't really looked at it from that angle. I guess Chalmers hits Green's arms. It probably should have been a no-call both ways.

Agree.

UZER
06-11-2014, 02:21 PM
It's more with how they control the flow of the game.

In the 1st quarter, they were calling ticky tacky fouls on the Heat, and the Spurs put on a historical offensive display. In the third quarter, they reversed it, and the Heat made a huge comeback.

Why can't they call the game consistently like the 2nd and 4th quarters? I just don't get it.

I think the refs go in at halftime, look at the stats,and adjust accordingly. I fully expected the third quarter to last an hour by itself with the anticipated foul calls.