PDA

View Full Version : And this is why I hate the refs and the NBA...

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:14 PM
The refs was staring right at the play 2 feet away...

http://giant.gfycat.com/DelightfulWelldocumentedAtlanticspadefish.gif

Mugen
06-10-2014, 11:15 PM
:lol You're gonna hate them a lot more after the next game tbh

I'm hoping we get Joey and Lebron/Wade says something to piss him off pre-game tbh.....

Mal
06-10-2014, 11:16 PM
He`ll be fined

TampaDude
06-10-2014, 11:17 PM
He`ll be fined

No, he won't.

Jenks
06-10-2014, 11:17 PM
It doesn't look like it from that angle, but he actually did get him in the chin with the elbow. It was very clear from the angle they showed later.

vander
06-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Danny's got to be careful there, we need chalmers in the game

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:19 PM
He`ll be fined

It's not even about getting fined. It's about the refs being blind as a bat.

SpursRock20
06-10-2014, 11:19 PM
It doesn't look like it from that angle, but he actually did get him in the chin with the elbow. It was very clear from the angle they showed later.
Bullshit. He tapped him on the chin while clearing space with his arms because Chalmers was all up in his grill. Give me a break.

Jenks
06-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Bullshit. He tapped him on the chin while clearing space with his arms because Chalmers was all up in his grill. Give me a break.
Oh ok he tapped him on the chin, that's completely different then "getting" him on the chin. Good BS call there friend :rolleyes

KaiRMD1
06-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Green made the minimalist of contact and Chalmers made it work

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Perhaps that gif was a little too quick. Try this link, right click and select slow motion play speed...

http://gfycat.com/DelightfulWelldocumentedAtlanticspadefish

SpursRock20
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Oh ok he tapped him on the chin, that's completely different then "getting" him on the chin. Good BS call there friend :rolleyes
He didn't "get" him. Chalmers flopped, simple as that. If you think a touch on the chin puts someone on the ground, I'm sorry.

BatManu20
06-10-2014, 11:30 PM
You can pretty much guarantee miami is going to be living at the FT line next game..

Jenks
06-10-2014, 11:32 PM
He didn't "get" him. Chalmers flopped, simple as that. If you think a touch on the chin puts someone on the ground, I'm sorry.
There were far worse calls in the game. The difference between flopping and embellishing is one you don't get hit, the other you do. He took an elbow to the chin. 0% chance he gets fined.

HI-FI
06-10-2014, 11:33 PM
I was so close to giving up on the NBA in that third. to have a historic first half, then a bunch of ticky tack shit called to get Miami back into it. They showed that FT stat and it was embarrassing.

:lol You're gonna hate them a lot more after the next game tbh

I'm hoping we get Joey and Lebron/Wade says something to piss him off pre-game tbh.....
:lol
that is what I like about Joey. His own temper supersedes any corporate/elitist plans. You piss him off, it all goes out the window.

Jenks
06-10-2014, 11:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a5XiD0wXQyg/U5fKRe9keUI/AAAAAAAAjxc/c6SVJSunR0w/s1600/chalm.gif

Elbow to the chin? Absolutely.
Massively embellished? Absolutely.

TE
I hope he's fined, tbh...Chalmers is a fucking flopper to the tillionth power.

SpursRock20
There were far worse calls in the game. The difference between flopping and embellishing is one you don't get hit, the other you do. He took an elbow to the chin. 0% chance he gets fined.
I'll agree. But he sure embellished the shit out of it, so much so, that I believe it makes it a flop. If Chalmers would have continued to play as he could have easily done (he got nicked on the chin), there would have been no foul.

The reason I hate this call so much is because it basically shows that it is okay to stick your chin into the area of the offensive player and try to make contact just for the sake of a foul. Ref should have drawn a line here, but his angle is slightly different than ours, so I'm not exactly sure what he saw.

sananspursfan21
06-10-2014, 11:37 PM
The refs tried. They really did, especially in the third quarter. Luckily the spurs hung on and did it. They outplayed the officiating, something that rarely happens

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
I was so close to giving up on the NBA in that third. to have a historic first half, then a bunch of ticky tack shit called to get Miami back into it. They showed that FT stat and it was embarrassing.

that is what I like about Joey. His own temper supersedes any corporate/elitist plans. You piss him off, it all goes out the window.

I'm with you on that one. The first half of basketball was so beautiful it almost made me want to cry, and come the third quarter refs turned it into a chippy game. Regardless, what it has shown is that Spurs can play through the ref BS. If Spurs got through the OKC series (which was the series that REALLY made me want to give up on the NBA), they can get through this.

sananspursfan21
06-10-2014, 11:40 PM
I screamed at the screen on that play. Just being honest

davidbowie
06-10-2014, 11:41 PM
who cares, WE WON!!!!

DDS4
I thought Duncan's hand "foul" on Wade's missed layup was more egregious. Meanwhile, Duncan on the other end was getting strip fouled everytime Duncan flared to the lane. What a joke.

Drachen
He`ll be fined
No he actually hit him

HI-FI
06-10-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm with you on that one. The first half of basketball was so beautiful it almost made me want to cry, and come the third quarter refs turned it into a chippy game. Regardless, what it has shown is that Spurs can play through the ref BS. If Spurs got through the OKC series (which was the series that REALLY made me want to give up on the NBA), they can get through this.
agree with that. not to mention, the Conference Finals have more questionable calls and moments because more people pay attention to the Finals. So if they could overcome the most coddled team in the league, they can deal with the superstar calls that the Heat feel entitled to.

SpursRock20
06-10-2014, 11:45 PM
I thought Duncan's hand "foul" on Wade's missed layup was more egregious. Meanwhile, Duncan on the other end was getting strip fouled everytime Duncan flared to the lane. What a joke.
Did you happen to notice how we didn't get any replays of any of those "strips"? But whenever there is a questionable call on the Heat side, ABC always shows a replay :bang

Jenks
06-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I thought Duncan's hand "foul" on Wade's missed layup was more egregious.
That one, and one particular Parker drive where he got hammered with no call.

sexinthatsx
06-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Did you happen to notice how we didn't get any replays of any of those "strips"? But whenever there is a questionable call on the Heat side, ABC always shows a replay :bang

If you've been cheering fro the Spurs long enough, you should know that's mundane by now.

Poolboy5623
06-10-2014, 11:53 PM
What was Green suppose to do?

therealtruth
06-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I hope Spo sticks with Chalmers/Noris just like Bibby in '11. Those guys are killing them and giving us guy we can hide on defense with.

UZER
06-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Just because his hand was on him, doesn't mean he was pushing him. That was a bad call.

If you weren't expecting exactly what happened in the third....it's just crazy how its so predictable.

What felt like 20 minutes had passed real time, and only 4 minutes of game time had passed in the third. It was ridiculous.

myhc
06-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Just because his hand was on him, doesn't mean he was pushing him. That was a bad call.

If you weren't expecting exactly what happened in the third....it's just crazy how its so predictable.

What felt like 20 minutes had passed real time, and only 4 minutes of game time had passed in the third. It was ridiculous.

No, I was telling myself it was coming. But it's just so jarring to see it actually happen and happen so egregiously. Duncan getting mauled and then getting called for touch fouls on the other end.

SpursRock20
06-11-2014, 02:29 PM
If you've been cheering fro the Spurs long enough, you should know that's mundane by now.
I have, and I know. But doesn't mean it is any less infuriating.

cd98
06-11-2014, 02:37 PM

He did, but it was a tap. Not a foul. Chalmers flopped to make it look like he took a real elbow. He did not.

cd98
06-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Chalmers didn't foul Danny Green when he was going for the ball. Danny didn't foul Chalmers when he was pivoting to avoid the steal. Chalmers got a small tap on the chin (not an elbow slam), and then he flopped to the floor. Why care? The more Miami gets caught with flops, hopefully, the less calls they get moving forward from refs that don't like getting fooled.

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 02:44 PM

doobs
06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
NBA doesn't want you tuning out, so the refs work hard in big games to facilitate comebacks. That's life, it happens. NBA basically has zero credibility.

The better team almost always wins, but NBA hates blowouts.

phxspurfan
06-11-2014, 02:55 PM
NBA doesn't want you tuning out, so the refs work hard in big games to facilitate comebacks. That's life, it happens. NBA basically has zero credibility.

The better team almost always wins, but NBA hates blowouts.

This. It's like computer assist mode in NBA Live back in the day. Also you gotta give credit to the Heat for nailing like 20 shots in that comeback in the 3rd. Good thing we still won the game, otherwise holy crap would this place have melted down.

johnnySpurs
06-11-2014, 03:39 PM

ROFL

hitmantb
06-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Ref is actually the biggest key against Miami physical defense.

A tightly called game is much much better for our finesse/precision game than their power/brute force game. I dread the "let them play's" where GDP is not nearly as effective as James at muscling their way to the rim to get calls.

I am more than happy to take some phantom calls if the ref calls an overall tight game.

tholdren
06-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Shouldnt have been a foul anyway. There is a no handcheck rule, and chalmers is balls deep in green

littleavery1948
06-11-2014, 04:05 PM
This. It's like computer assist mode in NBA Live back in the day. Also you gotta give credit to the Heat for nailing like 20 shots in that comeback in the 3rd. Good thing we still won the game, otherwise holy crap would this place have melted down.

Wasn't computer assist on NBA jam? I remember some players refusing to play without it. I always would play without it, even if it meant me losing by 25.

Wildcat67
06-11-2014, 04:18 PM
The worst call was when Wade raked Tim across the arm, and then barely grazed the ball as it was loose and they somehow called a jump ball. Then there is the Kawhi continuation that they took away, that would of got him 30+.

weeks
06-11-2014, 04:43 PM
considering green actually hit him, that's far from the most egregious call we've seen.

dbreiden83080
06-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Manu has flopped so badly for so many years we don't have any room to ever complain..