PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Wade calling out Chalmers...

ElNono
06-10-2014, 11:56 PM
"Chalmers is a big piece of our team, and that piece is just not there right now for whatever reason"

He's not wrong, but I thought he was pretty bad himself, tbh...

hater
06-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Chauncey Billups will show up and MVPBosh too imo

:pctoss

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Motherfuckers always blame Chalmers. Seemed like he got no love for destroying Parker in Games 6 and 7 last year.

Malice
06-11-2014, 12:01 AM
shots fired.

Franklin
dude omitted "of shit" tbh.

Spurs9
They need a out for losing, they aren't going to put that on themselves

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Miami's PG rotation is their fatal flaw.

Chalmers has the Derek Fisher gene, so I won't count him out, but it's going to be tough for Miami to win this series if Chalmers and Cole continue to give them nothing.

And if Rashard Lewis cools the fuck off, the Heat have no chance. They're thin as it is.

But Rashard's been a nice X-factor for them and if he keeps it up, Miami has more than enough firepower to take the series.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Freddie Coleman says Bosh Spice is mad at LeBronda a nd STD-Wade. More on that in 30 minutes. :wow

Jacob1983
06-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Chalmers is no where close to being like Fisher. Chalmers is a bum and should be thankful he lucked his way into Superfriends.

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Bill Simmons just poured out his 40 for Chalmers on Sportscenter. :lol

hater
06-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Freddie Coleman says Bosh Spice is mad at LeBronda a nd STD-Wade. More on that in 30 minutes. :wow

the MVP should be mad IMO.

MeloHype
06-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Bill Simmons just poured out his 40 for Chalmers on Sportscenter. :lol
Screamin' A. Smith went in raw

Franklin
06-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Heat fags acting as if Chalmers was their Rajon Rondo :lol

MeloHype
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=S3c4VQrsst8

:lol

dg7md
06-11-2014, 12:18 AM
If we win the series we will discombobulate the Superfriends — the Heat won their only game by 2 after we clanked 4 consecutive free throws... they must be getting a little worried.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 12:25 AM
3* needs everyone that's capable of carrying him to be on their game tbh. :lol

Jacob1983
06-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Don't cream your pants yet. Still got to win 4.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
If we win the series we will discombobulate the Superfriends — the Heat won their only game by 2 after we clanked 4 consecutive free throws... they must be getting a little worried.

I'd take Chalmers on the cheap. Dude won in college and Miami. One bad game and all of a sudden he's Smush? :lol

ElNono
06-11-2014, 12:32 AM
I'd take Chalmers on the cheap. Dude won in college and Miami. One bad game and all of a sudden he's Smush? :lol

You should, tbh... Nash probably gonna play 12 games next season, and K-Butter is gone, IIRC.. :lol

daslicer
06-11-2014, 12:34 AM
He looks like he's out of shape and that is why he's sucking. Dude just looks fat these days.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 12:35 AM
for the spurs to ring, they need to keep on running around the court, make the heat big 3 chase you down and work on every possesions, they are already thin deep on their roster

spurs can go deep 10 if needed...but in this case john rambo costs this team just as much when enrique is on the court with his shenanigans...

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 12:35 AM
You should, tbh... Nash probably gonna play 12 games next season, and K-Butter is gone, IIRC.. :lol

I wasn't bullshitting, and you know this maaaaan. :lol

Chris
06-11-2014, 12:59 AM
And if Rashard Lewis cools the fuck off, the Heat have no chance.

For real this guy is shooting lights out! He will cool off, and our bench will continue to go HAM this series.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
For real this guy is shooting lights out! He will cool off, and our bench will continue to go HAM this series.

most of his shots were open 3s in front of a slipped parker looking up at his grill

compared kawhi/greens baskets were hand in their faces situation still nailed it

every time green drive in this game...how many of you clowns were like shit he going to missed this shit as usual

D-Wade
06-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Wade should lead by example tbh. While he was probably the best Heat player in the 2nd half, he was absolute garbage in the first half (on the verge of another Three vs. Spolestra moment). Rio has always been their punching bag, whether he deserves it or not. While the supporting cast needs to step up, it wasn't Rio coughing up the ball 11 times. That honor goes to Bron and Wade.

And how the fuck did Cole take more shots than Bosh?

D-Wade
06-11-2014, 01:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mw7iHl5Ia0

LOL

Chris
06-11-2014, 01:35 AM
most of his shots were open 3s in front of a slipped parker looking up at his grill

compared kawhi/greens baskets were hand in their faces situation still nailed it

every time green drive in this game...how many of you clowns were like shit he going to missed this shit as usual

Parker's defense is steadily improving imo, he's still obviously hurt and will be until there is no more basketball this season, but it's hard to criticize a wounded warrior. I liked his rotations a lot better this game, and I think he's due for a really big game soon. Maybe game 5 in San Antonio. Green has been terrific around the rim and I no longer cringe when I see him driving. He's got a nice floater/teardrop working right now, add a midrange game and he will be a complete player.

Kidd K
06-11-2014, 01:43 AM
Wade should lead by example tbh. While he was probably the best Heat player in the 2nd half, he was absolute garbage in the first half (on the verge of another Three vs. Spolestra moment). Rio has always been their punching bag, whether he deserves it or not. While the supporting cast needs to step up, it wasn't Rio coughing up the ball 11 times. That honor goes to Bron and Wade.

And how the fuck did Cole take more shots than Bosh?

And there's your issue. Wade is and always was a terrible leader. Very talented no doubt, but he is an awful leader. Did nothing without Shaq because Shaq led that team, did nothing even with LeBron until he stopped trying to be leader and just let LeBron do it.

Just listen to his press conferences. Rarely takes responsibility, has plenty of blame to pass around, and is constantly insulting other players. He is a douchebag and that does not translate into leadership ability.

Chris
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Honestly Wade should come off the bench for Allen. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Honestly Wade should come off the bench for Allen. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Wade would be an amazing 6th man, his current style of play is better suited for being a 6th man that carries his own unit, but I doubt he would accept that role, at this point..it's tough for legendary athletes(Wade is a top 3-4 SG of all-time) to accept that their game isn't where it once was, obviously..

Chris
06-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Wade would be an amazing 6th man, his current style of play is better suited for being a 6th man that carries his own unit, but I doubt he would accept that role, at this point..it's tough for legendary athletes(Wade is a top 3-4 SG of all-time) to accept that their game isn't where it once was, obviously..

I agree in a Manu type role with spot starts during the season. Like AI, his ego wouldn't accept it unless they ring this year and acquire a protege (highly unlikely tbh)

Jacob1983
06-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Yep. Wade sucks as being the leader. He has one playoff series win without Shaq and Lebron. When he broke up with Shaq, the Heat either missed the playoffs or got raped in the first round. Wade had to beg Lebron to save his career and legacy by forming Superfags.

HI-FI
06-11-2014, 01:52 AM

Chalmers has the Derek Fisher gene, so I won't count him out, but it's going to be tough for Miami to win this series if Chalmers and Cole continue to give them nothing.

And if Rashard Lewis cools the fuck off, the Heat have no chance. They're thin as it is.

But Rashard's been a nice X-factor for them and if he keeps it up, Miami has more than enough firepower to take the series.
They seem to be leaving Rashard open too much. He's got a real slow release, about as slow as LkrFan's release when he tosses a chimichanga into the fryer. They can close out on him quicker.

jimbo
06-11-2014, 02:52 AM

Agreed. It's compounded by the fact that they can't really start Wade and Allen together because they'd have no real backup SG. Riles probably knows something I don't, but imo they made a huge mistake picking him up instead of a more athletic SG. Why load up at a position you don't even play in crunch time? It hasn't made sense to me since they picked him up.

That leaves Lebron as your only true athletic wing defender at this point. Wade at times, but he hasn't been consistent enough with his effort. That leaves them in a huge bind because they can't put size on Tony for a good amount of minutes. Lebron is pretty much their only option on Kawhi or Green when he's playing like he is tonight.

So they'd have to do something like this (after i wrote this I realized I wasn't really responding to you, but I'm just getting my thoughts out on paper tbh.)

Q1 12:00 to Q1 6:00

Normal go-to lineup for the Heat.

PG
Wade
Tony

SG
Allen
Danny

SF
Bron
Kawhi

PF
Rashard
Boris

C
Bosh
Duncan

Q1 6:00 to Q1 3:00 (Start of Lebron time)

They've got a couple issues here. 1) They can't defend Tony with size anymore. 2) How do they defend both Manu and Kawhi with the players they have left? Against an aggressive Leonard the only Heat players athletic enough to contain him are Lebron, Wade, and probably Beasley if he gave a damn. Beasley isn't useful on the court in a Lebron only lineup because he can't make the 3 point shot. Wade is sitting.

I don't know if a near retirement Shane Battier can defend Manu. He most likely can't defend Kawhi. But I think he might have it in him to sag off Manu and let him shoot a bit. Manu loves to take those stupid 3s, might as well let him do it. If I'm Spo I'd rather see that than see Tony abuse Chalmers.

PG
Chalmers
Tony

SG
Battier
Manu

SF
Lebron
Kawhi

PF
Rashard
Bonner

C
Birdman
Duncan

Q1 3:00 to Start of Q2

The Heat have liked to give the rest of this quarter to Lebron so he can carry the offense while Bosh/Wade sit, but imo you can't do that right now.

Here the biggest killer for the Heat is the Manu/Tiago PNR and the openings it creates. Do they plan their lineup for switching or trapping? They had the most success with switching given how well Manu/Tiago/Boris have been passing--so we'll stick with that. The only guy you want to trap is Kawhi if you can.

You've got 2 questions here. 1) Who defends Boris? 2) Do you bring back Wade or Allen?

1) Bench Rashard. It didn't work out tonight, but they need a more focused Bosh out there providing rim protection for when they have to switch. You could go with Haslem, but the spacing would be terrible.

2) No. You want Lebron in the middle of the action, and you don't want to trap. So you don't want him on Kawhi, a guy who is mainly a spot-up shooter when this lineup is out there. If Pop wants to go ahead and try to run the offense through Kawhi, that's fine. You trap him or have a help defender ready so you can try to make the only non passer in the lineup into a passer.

If you know you're gonna have help I think you can play Beasley or Battier on Kawhi. I went ahead and put Beasley on Kawhi because of the mismatch it creates on the other end. Pop has to defend Lebron with either Boris/Kawhi or Manu. If it's Boris or Manu, Lebron can attack and the Heat can play from what Lebron creates. If it's Kawhi, the Heat can let black hole Beasley go to work with Bron as a spot-up shooter. That gives Lebron a little bit of a break.

Pop has a few options to deal with that.

He can take Tony/Patty out and replace them with Green. A Manu PG lineup so Beasley has a capable defender on him in Green. That's fine, it still forces Manu to have to defend a PG.
He can double Beasley and let him jack up stupid shots in a Finals game. Probably the most likely option, but imo it's still a better choice for the Heat than letting Cole PnR with Bosh just to take some stupid shot.

PG
Chalmers/Cole
Tony/Patty

SG
Lebron
Manu

SF
Beasley
Kawhi

PF
Bosh
Boris

C
Birdman
Tiago

Start of Q2 to Q2 8:00

Lebron's rest. Tony's rest. Duncan's rest. Kawhi's rest. Full SA bench action. The Heat just try to not screw up while Lebron is out. Keep up the gameplan of switching & hope Rashard doesn't get too abused by Boris.

PG
Chalmers/Cole
Patty

SG
Wade
Manu

SF
Ray Allen
Green

PF
Rashard
Boris

C
Bosh
Tiago

Q2 8:00~ to Q2 5:00~

At some point Duncan comes back in and Bosh checks out. This'll probably be determined by foul trouble mostly but, something like this. This is just the generic mid 2nd quarter with mostly starter lineups. Mostly existing to get Ray Allen/Rashard/Bosh rest and then also Manu and Boris rest for the final few minutes of the half.

If Wade needs a break this is when he'd get it too. He only really needs to be on the court if it's a Tony/Kawhi/Green lineup.

PG
Chalmers/Cole
Tony

SG
Wade
Green/Kawhi/Belli

SF
Lebron
Green/Kawhi/Belli

PF
Battier/Rashard
Boris/Bonner

C
Birdman
Duncan/Tiago

Q2 5:00~ to Q2 End

Put in Green if he's hot over Manu, if not--back to the starters and the original gameplan.

PG
Wade
Tony

SG
Allen
Manu

SF
Lebron
Kawhi

PF
Rashard
Boris

C
Bosh
Duncan

& then similar rotations and minutes for the second half.

Franklin
06-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Bonner can be our x-factor as well.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 03:03 AM
you clowns alway stalkin about enrique exploiting chalmers, i have yet to see shit from him b esides enrique mode or shut down by lebron

if this clown played every game like he did today or sittin on t he bench, spurs wouldve won this long time ago

jimbo
06-11-2014, 03:16 AM

In the future maybe, but right now the Heat just don't have enough athletic wing defenders to do anything but start him & play him decent minutes. The worst part is he's still the second best wing defender even with how shitty he's been playing D lately.

All he needs to do right now is play capable enough offense to give Lebron enough time to rest to come back and save his ass. Slow the pace down & keep the turnovers down. Tbh, that's why I was saying Beasley's black hole offense might not be the worst if he can still suck up time and get a shot off. You know Beasley won't be overdribbling & making risky passes that lead to turnovers & spurs points.

you clowns alway stalkin about enrique exploiting chalmers, i have yet to see shit from him b esides enrique mode or shut down by lebron

if this clown played every game like he did today or sittin on t he bench, spurs wouldve won this long time ago

Enrique shits on Chalmers 1 on 1 tbh. He forces help almost every time he's on him which gets the offense going. (If he doesn't go full hero)

Lebron can't play on him the whole game.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 03:28 AM
That's what I discussed with Chinook the other night, when I said that the Spurs simply have much more room to maneuver and strategize than the Heat do in this series, tbh..

Miami doesn't have much talent anymore..their role players are awful, tbh..they are old and unathletic..

Ray Allen makes shots, but he's a huge liability on defense..Haslem and Battier are finished..Chalmers must be injured or something, because his game has fallen off a cliff..

They rely heavily on Lebron for everything, tbh..

The Spurs just have way more weapons than Miami..it's the Spurs vs. Lebron, at this point..

jimbo
06-11-2014, 03:47 AM
Yeah. This Heat team still has more room to make some lineup changes than the 2011 team did, but they have to rely on TOSB players or inconsistent guys like Beasley/Rashard. At least their 2011 team had 2 elite wing defenders and a tail end of his prime Wade.

Spo'll have to get creative with his lineups and hope they've still got the chemistry. Pop doesn't really have to do much more adjusting imo. He had pretty good rotations going tonight. The rest is just seeing how the Heat react.

I don't see how the Heat win if they just keep doing what they're doing unless Lebron just manages to have monster games every other game & game 7.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Even Mike Miller would be huge right now, tbh..at least he's 6'8 and can rebound/pass..

Jeremy
06-11-2014, 04:19 AM
That's what I discussed with Chinook the other night, when I said that the Spurs simply have much more room to maneuver and strategize than the Heat do in this series, tbh..

Miami doesn't have much talent anymore..their role players are awful, tbh..they are old and unathletic..

Ray Allen makes shots, but he's a huge liability on defense..Haslem and Battier are finished..Chalmers must be injured or something, because his game has fallen off a cliff..

They rely heavily on Lebron for everything, tbh..

The Spurs just have way more weapons than Miami..it's the Spurs vs. Lebron, at this point..

Allen/Haslem/Battier are each still capable of having one huge game to help the Heat win. That may be all they need, tbh.

The Heat always find a way to step up when they need to. Don't count them out yet. Obviously, next season they'll need better/younger role players. But they can still get the job done this year. It ain't over yet.

jimbo
06-11-2014, 05:18 AM
Even Mike Miller would be huge right now, tbh..at least he's 6'8 and can rebound/pass..

Yeah, Lebron's unlucky that he's got such a stingy owner. Amnesty just to save 17 mil in luxury tax... (or whatever the difference would be with Toney Douglas or whoever they signed)

They really just need different bodies they can throw out there and Toney Douglas ain't gonna get that done. I had thought that the emergence of Rashard would be bigger than the loss of Miller because it'd keep Lebron at his natural position, but the disappearance of Wade's defense, both PGs offense, and Shane Battier changed all of that. At least for them it's not permanent. Wade can still play D at times and Chalmers could break his slump...

100%duncan
06-11-2014, 06:36 AM
And there's your issue. Wade is and always was a terrible leader. Very talented no doubt, but he is an awful leader. Did nothing without Shaq because Shaq led that team, did nothing even with LeBron until he stopped trying to be leader and just let LeBron do it.

Just listen to his press conferences. Rarely takes responsibility, has plenty of blame to pass around, and is constantly insulting other players. He is a douchebag and that does not translate into leadership ability.

that's bs, wade lead the heat to a ship as the alpha in 06 tbh. :lol shaq tbh Alonzo was even helping him then

Kidd K
06-11-2014, 06:53 AM
that's bs, wade lead the heat to a ship as the alpha in 06 tbh. :lol shaq tbh Alonzo was even helping him then

You are confusing "most talented player on team" for "leadership". The best player on a team is not always the leader, nor should he be if his talents don't extend that far; and Wade's don't.

Think about it. Think back to high school or middle school. Was the best player a good leader with good strategies and shit? Or just athletic and kinda skilled, but poor at making anyone else better in game or with advice?

Sport playing talent doesn't = sport leadership or coaching ability. That's why so many ex-player coaches were not superstars.

Wade clearly does not carry himself like a leader should. He appears to me to be one of the worst leaders out of all the older superstars in the NBA.

100%duncan
06-11-2014, 06:57 AM
You are confusing "most talented player on team" for "leadership". The best player on a team is not always the leader, nor should he be if his talents don't extend that far; and Wade's don't.

Think about it. Think back to high school or middle school. Was the best player a good leader with good strategies and shit? Or just athletic and kinda skilled, but poor at making anyone else better in game or with advice?

Sport playing talent doesn't = sport leadership or coaching ability. That's why so many ex-player coaches were not superstars.

Wade clearly does not carry himself like a leader should. He appears to me to be one of the worst leaders out of all the older superstars in the NBA.

I see, good point. But if you're gonna name a leader on that squad, it was Zo imho.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 07:17 AM
even with a tosb roster is still better then what o7cavs roster lebron had to deal with

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 07:22 AM

Additionally, don't think he doesn't realize that LeBron gets 100% blame for every Heat loss.... that's why he's so lazy and doesn't even attempt defense - nothing he does matters anyway because he gets a pass for not being LeBron :lol

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Additionally, don't think he doesn't realize that LeBron gets 100% blame for every Heat loss.... that's why he's so lazy and doesn't even attempt defense - nothing he does matters anyway because he gets a pass for not being LeBron :lol

He's been Mr. Empty Stats this series.

Unless Miami gets something from their PG rotation, James is gonna have to average 40 for Miami to have a shot. The Spurs are too deep and their passing wears Miami's D out, especially older players like Wade and Allen.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
He's been Mr. Empty Stats this series.

Unless Miami gets something from their PG rotation, James is gonna have to average 40 for Miami to have a shot. The Spurs are too deep and their passing wears Miami's D out, especially older players like Wade and Allen.

this is the same shit all over again like last seasons finals, calling out the scape goat....

thispego
06-11-2014, 08:41 AM

and yet you'd rather have him than ginobili :rolleyes

Kidd K
06-11-2014, 08:46 AM
I see, good point. But if you're gonna name a leader on that squad, it was Zo imho.

Shaq already had the rings though, but definitely Zo was a major leader for them as well. Great guys make good leaders. Zo is basically the anti-Wade.

Kidd K
06-11-2014, 08:47 AM
and yet you'd rather have him than ginobili :rolleyes

We have multiple leaders already, so it isn't a role he needs to fill.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 08:49 AM
wade is saggin off on purpose....

heat only wins when his playin above tosb level, i assume his pulling an enrique throwing games if his not gettin the attention he seeks

thispego
06-11-2014, 08:54 AM
We have multiple leaders already, so it isn't a role he needs to fill.

Glad you're not the gm :lol

unleashbaynes
06-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Chalmers sucked but to be scapegoating him like this is retarded.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 09:29 AM
They seem to be leaving Rashard open too much. He's got a real slow release, about as slow as LkrFan's release when he tosses a chimichanga into the fryer. They can close out on him quicker.

:lmao

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Allen/Haslem/Battier are each still capable of having one huge game to help the Heat win. That may be all they need, tbh.

The Heat always find a way to step up when they need to. Don't count them out yet. Obviously, next season they'll need better/younger role players. But they can still get the job done this year. It ain't over yet.

Ray Allen can, sure, he's still a good offensive player..

Haslem and Battier are completely finished..

gnsf0946
06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Ray Allen can, sure, he's still a good offensive player..

Haslem and Battier are completely finished..

Battier was finished offensively last year also and then proceeded to whoop our ass in games 6 & 7, don't count him out, same with Chalmers.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
The problem for these players is that even when they're making 3s, they're useless on the other end.. Battier can't defend anymore, Allen hasn't been able to defend in years, etc..it's like having a bunch of Belinellis on the court:lol..

Miami can still win, of course, but it would be on Lebron's back on defense and spoon-feeding shooters on offense..

D-Wade
06-11-2014, 04:30 PM

Listen to press conferences from 2011 to the present I'm sure you'd get that impression. The bandwagon for Heat fans and Haters alike started when these dudes teamed up. But I've been a Wade fan since he came into the league and he didn't used to be this way.

And while he was surrounded by a great group of vets, he was for sure the leader of that 06 squad. Everyone needs a mentor, but Wade took what Shaq, the Glove and Zo imparted and fuckin ran with it. Wade is one of the few all timers who showed no growing pains. His transition from college to pro was as seamless as you can get. As a rook in the playoffs he was already making game winning shots when frauds who come into the league today are already anointed superstars (Paul George) before doing shit. Next year ECF losing 4-3 to a championship squad in Detroit. 3rd year... finals. That was all him.

Mugen
06-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Maybe LeBron can give Rio one of those inspiring pre-game speeches tbh.

ElNono
06-13-2014, 01:30 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/6/60/900x900px-LL-60db3b36_Bp_BTToCMAApq-8.png

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 01:45 AM
if i was chalmers, game 5 fck it throw the game away, why is he puttin up with this shit, he didnt force anyone go 1-10 fg

Franklin
06-13-2014, 02:35 AM
steroid doesn't help with FG% obviously.