PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Heat Should Start Chris Anderson

mavsfan1000
06-11-2014, 01:02 AM
With Diaw starting, it makes sense for the Heat to start Anderson. Once Splitter comes in, go small.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Why?..

Their bigs shooting 3s is the only strength they have in this series, outside of Lebron, tbh..

Duncan's defensive strength is rim protection, he can't guard perimeter bigs, it would be foolish to allow him to stay near the net, especially since Lewis has played so well..

spurraider21
06-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Playing Andersen gives Duncan an excuse to roam near the rim, not a good idea.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
Why?..

Their bigs shooting 3s is the only strength they have in this series, outside of Lebron, tbh..
41 points. The Heat don't have the mismatches needed when Diaw is starting. And the Spurs offense went crazy. Anderson would help clogging up the lane defensively. Once Splitter comes in, go with the small lineup.

Robz4000
06-11-2014, 01:11 AM
God I wish they'd start Birdman. Spurs' D would annihilate the Heat and then the bench would continue to run a train.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
God I wish they'd start Birdman. Spurs' D would annihilate the Heat and then the bench would continue to run a train.
They play the Birdman a lot anyways. Maybe they shouldn't. But I feel with Diaw in the lineup, the Heat need more interior defense.

spurraider21
06-11-2014, 01:17 AM
41 points. The Heat don't have the mismatches needed when Diaw is starting. And the Spurs offense went crazy. Anderson would help clogging up the lane defensively. Once Splitter comes in, go with the small lineup.
If you're Miami you have to count on your team just playing better than they did in game 3. Kawhi isn't going to blow up like that again (most probably, anyway). Starting Andersen will just hurt their offense. Duncan sticks him, Diaw stays with Bosh, and the paint is more cluttered for LeBron playing with Wade and Luigi Chalmers in the backcourt

Robz4000
06-11-2014, 01:18 AM
They play the Birdman a lot anyways. Maybe they shouldn't. But I feel with Diaw in the lineup, the Heat need more interior defense.

If Birdman were to start, Pop would immediately add Splitter back to the starting line up. Heat can't beat the Spurs by going big.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Heat fans seem to think that their biggest defensive issue is Wade playing lazily..

Chris
06-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Anderson's defense is really really bad. I'm guessing Haslem must be worse or equally worthless. One thing Birdman does well is box out and rebound so starting him wouldn't be a total loss.

spurraider21
06-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Heat fans seem to think that their biggest defensive issue is Wade playing lazily..
its hard to argue when Danny Green scored 15 points and only made 1 three :lol

Franklin
06-11-2014, 02:49 AM
does it mean that if Spurs had two Diaws the cHeat would've already been fucked?

Franklin
06-11-2014, 02:53 AM
I'm guessing Pop will start Bonner next game. Starting Diaw achieved nice results tonight, the cHeat are certainly making adjustments next game (like starting CA instead of Lewis or Bosh) but Pop will once again think one or two steps ahead of phillibeener imho.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 03:04 AM
if ur the heat, shouldve allowed diaw to shoot more then forcing him to drive and kick

bonner is basically the same clown as diaw but he hessitates alot when defender is closin him down, he pump fakes into the key and doesnt know what to do

jimbo
06-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Diaw's a hassle, but I don't think he's worth giving up their spacing over. It's not necessarily Diaw that's the problem anyways, it's guys getting open when the ball moves around because he's in the lineup (& the Spurs consequently hitting the open shots) Try different guys on the perimeter instead. (Along with Wade actually playing some D)

I'd rather make Diaw make baskets. He doesn't like doing it and doesn't do it often. He still deferred tonight around the rim even when he had easy layup opportunities.

Looking at this further:

Of the points scored in the 1st quarter

1st three minutes - 8 (Score: 8-8. Differential: 0)
2nd three minutes - 14 (Score 22-10. Differential: 12)
3rd three minutes - 7 (Score 29-20. Differential: -3)
4th three minutes - 12 (Score 41-25. Differential: 7)

So the worst parts of the first quarter were from 9:00 to 6:00 and 3:00 to 0:00.

The 9:00 to 6:00 was during the majority of Kiwi's run. He put up 8 points during that section (16 during the quarter) with 2 assists from Green. Green scored 4, Boris 2.
The 3:00 to 0:00 was the second worst stretch. That was with the PnR & Boris's passing obliterating the Miami backups along with a lucky 3 from Manu. So that doesn't really apply here with regards to starting Birdman, well except that you now have the whole issue with a lack of backup bigs to play unless you're wanting Bosh or Birdman to play the whole quarter.

Tbh Boris did do a lot of good work at the start with Tim, but the score was tied at 8-8. The rest of his work was like I said, at the end of the 1st.

So Miami needs to find a way to deal with Kiwi better (I don't remember how much PnR he was doing actually--Manu kinda touched on it in his post-game, but he's probably the one they want to trap if they're gonna do that.) and play less lazy PnR D against the Manu/Boris/Splitter/3 point shooter lineups. They were generating good shot after good shot.

I touched on it in another post, but I think Miami should actually go bigger on the perimeter when the Spurs send out their bench and try to keep Lebron (or Wade if Bron isn't out there) on the ballhandler. It would help to keep size up with the switches they were doing. Manu just needs someone who actually cares to play D on him, he's not blowing by you with his athleticism. Same with Splitter. Kawhi is the hardest to matchup with, and that's with whom Spo would need to find a wing in their stables to deal with him.

jimbo
06-11-2014, 04:32 AM
its hard to argue when Danny Green scored 15 points and only made 1 three :lol

A Verde that can actually finish around the rim & hit floaters ain't no joke. That was nasty. Still effective even when he wasn't shooting the 3. Still pathetic that one of the best defensive 2s of the last few years couldn't guard him though.

& The Spurs shouldn't ever lose with the roleplayers scoring 45+ points. Absurd they did it like this on the road tbh.

Non big 3 points:

Game 1: 54
Game 2: 38
Game 3: 71

ambchang
06-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Starting CA would be a disaster for the Heat.

This would allow Duncan on Anderson on defense, which will close up the lanes for the Heat, forcing them to shoot more jump shots, which falls right into the Spurs defensive plan.

On offense, Duncan will eat him alive in the post, and Diaw will have a field day against Bosh on the perimeter.

unleashbaynes
06-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Birdman has been a step behind every rotation this series. Horrible idea but I'd love to see them try it.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 09:17 AM
if ur the heat, you should allow duncan get his

must do anything to let duncan get his stats for that fmvp and championship if they are going to forfeit

Texas_Ranger
06-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Andersen does play good D against Tim, but Lewis has been pretty amazing on offense. I dont think it would really help them.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2014, 10:14 AM
This also gives Miami more scoring off the bench. Treat Lewis like a 6th man. Heck maybe start Battier and have Lewis come off the bench.

cd98
06-11-2014, 10:54 AM
If you start Anderson, you lose spacing. That plays right into SA's defense. You play Anderson limited minutes, but he can't shoot outside of a Dunk. That means Tim gets to abuse Anderson down low and not have to chase three point shooters. Spurs would love that. Plus, Tim can stay in the paint and alter Lebron and Wade drives.

Chris
06-11-2014, 01:18 PM
This also gives Miami more scoring off the bench. Treat Lewis like a 6th man. Heck maybe start Battier and have Lewis come off the bench.

Battier is officially a TOSB, he's not doing anything this series

Raven
06-11-2014, 02:30 PM
first off, it's Andersen not Anderson. And if Green keeps making his shots, Miami has 0 chance whatsover, no matter who they play.