PDA

View Full Version : Homer/The Bible/Mythology

Avante
06-11-2014, 01:57 AM
The Illiad is a great story, just a sucky read. So who was Homer?

Obviously The Bible was a man made writing it had zero to do with anyone divine. But who did actually write it? The same with The Koran, hell no the Angel Gabriel wasn't the translator between Allah and Mohammad who could neither read or write, so who actually wrote it?

Where did Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Hercules, Thor, Apollo, Venus, Loki, Mercury actually come from? Who originates those stories? Who wrote....The Arabian Nights, Sinbad, Aladdin and the Magic Lamp..?

H.G.Wells (War of the Worlds) the great British sci fi writer is considered the father of the genre but was he really? Robert E. Howard (Conan) the Texan is considered the father of ...sword & sorcery...but was he really? They came long after Homer, The Bible/Koran and the Myths.

Just things to ponder on a hot Cali night in early June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZhGYrgCPg

cantthinkofanything
06-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Why do you insist on following me around and jacking off on my shoes?
You...hey...tell me more about dem blues and good reads
Me...I roll my eyes...blues was started by...blank was written by...

Sportcamper
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Obviously The Bible was a man made writing it had zero to do with anyone divine....

Avante…Your analogy concerning scripture is so Painful…Would a man lie to insure that he would receive the most hideous execution ever invented? “Crucifixion” He would lie to avoid Crucifixion” ….Perhaps you should walk away from the Blues & expand your horizon…Read Historian Titus Flavius Josephus accounts concerning Jesus…There was NEVER any denial that Jesus raised the dead & banished sickness from Palestine…And that is not divine?

ohmwrecker
06-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Avante…Your analogy concerning scripture is so Painful…Would a man lie to insure that he would receive the most hideous execution ever invented? “Crucifixion” He would lie to avoid Crucifixion” ….Perhaps you should walk away from the Blues & expand your horizon…Read Historian Titus Flavius Josephus accounts concerning Jesus…There was NEVER any denial that Jesus raised the dead & banished sickness from Palestine…And that is not divine?

Hey, Biblethumper! Long time no see.

Sportcamper
06-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey, Biblethumper! Long time no see.

Unlike TV Evangelists…I do not actually thump my Bible…I read it…

ohmwrecker
06-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Greatest story ever told

Blake
06-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Serious question:

in the OT, it states that God allowed a bear to kill a bunch of kids because they made fun of a prophet's baldness.

Why did God do that?

cantthinkofanything
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Serious question:

in the OT, it states that God allowed a bear to kill a bunch of kids because they made fun of a prophet's baldness.

Why did God do that?

Why wouldn't God do that?

Avante
06-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Why do you insist on following me around and jacking off on my shoes?
You...hey...tell me more about dem blues and good reads
Me...I roll my eyes...blues was started by...blank was written by...

I've never jacked off.

The first "recorded" blues record was Mamie Smith's*** "Crazy Blues" in 1920. The first recorded "country blues" by a male was Georgia's Ed Andrews in 1924. He recorded but one record. Louisiana banjo player Papa Charley Jackson also recorded in 1924 and had a long succesful recording career for the times, he usually gets the credit as the first "Bluesman". Daddy Stovepipe from Alabama also recorded in 1924. So from Smith's "Crazy Blues" and those others I mentioned in 1924 we saw tons of "classic" blues singing ladies dominate, the most famous being Ma Rainey and Bessie Smith.

Kentuckys Sylvester Weaver did record a guitar solo and worked with Sara Martin in 1923.

*** she was more of a lounge singer than a blues singer. Closer to Billie Holliday than Bessie Smith.

Avante
06-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Trust me the reason I don't buy into anything written in the Bible is because of my expanded horizons. There isn't one ..logical...anything in the Bible, it's simply...."forget common sense ya see God works in mysterious ways". If you can prove anything there I'd love to see it.

Yes I think something is behind all this but just like you I really have no idea what it was and neither does anyone else.

xmas1997
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Trust me the reason I don't buy into anything written in the Bible is because of my expanded horizons. There isn't one ..logical...anything in the Bible, it's simply...."forget common sense ya see God works in mysterious ways". If you can prove anything there I'd love to see it.

Yes I think something is behind all this but just like you I really have no idea what it was and neither does anyone else.

This is true, although some of us have "faith" in a higher entity who is within all of us, but it cannot be proved, I just know.

Avante
06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
This is true, although some of us have "faith" in a higher entity who is within all of us, but it cannot be proved, I just know.

I totally understand the need to have something better than this to look forward to. All cultures have needed something/someone to worship. Most humans believe in some superior something. I believe in some superior something, I just don't believe the Bible stories. I don't think that's how it all went down at all. Come on....Adam & Eve...????? So they had Cain and Able right? So how in the hell did we get all those who came later?

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I totally understand the need to have something better than this to look forward to. All cultures have needed something/someone to worship. Most humans believe in some superior something. I believe in some superior something, I just don't believe the Bible stories. I don't think that's how it all went down at all. Come on....Adam & Eve...????? So they had Cain and Able right? So how in the hell did we get all those who came later?

It just goes to prove what I have ALWAYS said about the bible, and the other great religious books too for that matter, you CANNOT interpret anything in any of those books LITERALLY.
In addition, such writings like Revelations (Apocalypse) were written "pseudonomously", which means that the writer writes a story of KNOWN "PAST" events and then CASTS those past events, that already happened, as or in the form of, unfulfilled prophecy. It was a very common form of writing technique or style back then.
Yet still there are those today who ignorantly claim that these events are still yet to happen in the future, even though they have already happened in the past, in fact the writers' past.
The reason or motive for writing this way they wrote this way was to give validity or authority to their writing, and/or to protect the writer from possible reprisals.

Avante
06-12-2014, 10:19 AM
It just goes to prove what I have ALWAYS said about the bible, and the other great religious books too for that matter, you CANNOT interpret anything in any of those books LITERALLY.
In addition, such writings like Revelations (Apocalypse) were written "pseudonomously", which means that the writer writes a story of KNOWN "PAST" events and then CASTS those past events, that already happened, as, and in the form of, unfulfilled prophecy. It was a very common form of writing technique or style back then.
Yet still there are those today who ignorantly claim that these events are still yet to happen in the future, even though they have already happened.
The reason they wrote this way was to give validity to their writing.

If preachers want to preach.....there is a superior something responsible for all this....ok do that. Just don't try and sell Adam & Eve, Noah & the Ark, Jesus, Samson etc etc. now you are insulting our intelligence. And those stories are suppose to be taken literally.

There's Samson kicking ass on what a 1000 soldiers? A ...THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What they had no spears to throw? They never thought....on the count of three rush him...? So there was a pile of 999 dead bodies and number 1000 actually thought he could take him? We have to put on our stupid hat to buy any of that shit.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 10:29 AM
If preachers want to preach.....there is a superior something responsible for all this....ok do that. Just don't try and sell Adam & Eve, Noah & the Ark, Jesus, Samson etc etc. now yu are insulting our intelligence. And those stories are suppose to be taken literally.

There are many preachers who want to sell us on literal meanings, but they end up alienating the intelligent people out there. I agree with you, it does insult our intelligence.
And it gives atheists, agnostics, and the like more ammunition to dispute these great books.
No one interprets Aesops Fables literally. That would be foolishness, yet despite that, there are many lessons to be learned from those fables or fairy tales.
The same is the case with most of the great religious books that have been written.
Unfortunately many of the less educated sects of Christianity do in fact ignorantly interpret the bible literally in an attempt to influence and control their basically ignorant flocks.
Two such sects, Jehovah Witnesses and Holy Rollers, take this avenue to the extreme. There are other sects of Christians who do this too.
There are positive and negative extremes in everything.

Avante
06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
There are many preachers who want to sell us on literal meanings, but they end up alienating the intelligent people out there. I agree with you, it does insult our intelligence.
And it gives atheists, agnostics, and the like more ammunition to dispute these great books.
No one interprets Aesops Fables literally. That would be foolishness, yet despite that, there are many lessons to be learned from those fables or fairy tales.
The same is the case with most of the great religious books that have been written.
Unfortunately many of the less educated sects of Christianity do in fact ignorantly interpret the bible literally in an attempt to influence and control their basically ignorant flocks.

We really don't have to look any further than Jesus. God in the flesh, the crucifixtion, the resurrection. That is the foundation for Christianity and it never happened. It's not some story meant to illustrate some point, we are suppose to believe that. I can't.

Tribes in Africa where books are never read and nobody within a 1000 square miles can talk about anything other than the weather, local politics and gossip sure sell that stuff to them. They will eat it up, but don't try that with educated people.

We have no idea how all this came about or why so trying to act like we do is simply foolish. Sure we can speculate and guess but leave it at that. If a group wanna all buy into one particular theory, cool. But don't forget it's just a theory.

Right now the believer..."you poor ignorant child"
Right now the non believer..."you poor idiot"

We wouldn't have any of that if everyone would go with we really don't know so why not................

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
We really don't have to look any further than Jesus. God in the flesh, the crucifixtion, the resurrection. That is the foundation for Christianity and it never happened. It's not some story meant to illustrate some point, we are suppose to believe that. I can't.

And that is fine. Anyone who wants to condemn you, or make fun of you, simply because you do not believe it, is being either ignorant and/or controlling.
Belief in Jesus is purely a "subjective" thing, and is a matter of "faith" that it happened.
No one should ever try forcing you or anyone else to believe anything.
That "faith" comes from "within" each of us individually, not from "without".
They can tell you the story, in this case the New Testament writings, and then allow you to make up your own mind about things in your own time and in your own way. It does take some deep introspection, and individual perceptions change, grow, or mutate as we age, thus what you believed as a youth rarely is the same as what you believe in your elderly years.
I am not "preaching" here, nor am I advocating for a particular faith or belief.
Also there is a difference in "a faith or religion" and in "having faith", so keep that in mind as well.
This is why, when pressed on it, I always say that I am a "cafeteria" Catholic Christian, i.e. I pick and choose what parts of the "faith" of Catholicism my "inner faith" is composed of and not composed of. This is the intellectual approach IMHO.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
It is those who make fun of people for their beliefs, or because they do not believe, who are the truly ignorant ones.
Why? Because those people need to first walk EXACTLY in the others' shoes before casting their criticisms or condemnations or aspersions, since they have no knowledge of the experiences, paths, and inner revelations that someone has been through.
It just goes to show that there are narrow minded ignorant idiots on both sides of the issue.

Avante
06-12-2014, 11:15 AM
And that is fine. Anyone who wants to condemn you, or make fun of you, simply because you do not believe it, is being either ignorant and/or controlling.
Belief in Jesus is purely a "subjective" thing, and is a matter of "faith" that it happened.
No one should ever try forcing you or anyone else to believe anything.
That "faith" comes from "within" each of us individually, not from "without".
They can tell you the story, in this case the New Testament writings, and then allow you to make up your own mind about things in your own time and in your own way. It does take some deep introspection, and individual perceptions change, grow, or mutate as we age, thus what you believed as a youth rarely is the same as what you believe in your elderly years.
I am not "preaching" here, nor am I advocating for a particular faith or belief.
Also there is a difference in "a faith or religion" and in "having faith", so keep that in mind as well.
This is why, when pressed on it, I always say that I am a "cafeteria" Catholic Christian, i.e. I pick and choose what parts of the "faith" of Catholicism my "inner faith" is composed of and not composed of. This is the intellectual approach IMHO.

The intellectual approach is to believe in what makes you feel good about things. Just don't try and push your personal beliefs on anyone else. Realize they are doing the same thing.

Niner fans (Christians, Muslims) ban together they don't try and talk a Raider fan into dropping his team and joining theirs. Leave others alone on this, let them buy whatever they need to to deal with this existence.

Intelligent people don't give a damn about you/me/masses they do what is best for them and don't give a damn if others agree or not.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Isn't it "telling" how we can have an open minded, civil, respectful, mature, intellectual, and "adult" discussions and/or debates on this without all the immature childish invectives such as faggot, pedo, etc. that ignorant idiotic immature posters use to TRY to discredit others or as proof that they are correct?
Invectives and slurs and name-calling proves absolutely nothing, and only serves to show how utterly foolish and ignorant they really are!

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 11:39 AM
In the final analysis, no one knows whether God and/or Jesus exists or not.
They were not there when and if Jesus lived and did what the bible writers said He did.
And unless you have lived, died, and later been brought back to life, then you have no idea or conception of reality after death.
And you might not know even after you die, because no one can say for a surety what you may or may not know at that point, or even if you have sentience then.

Avante
06-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Isn't it "telling" how we can have an open minded, civil, respectful, mature, intellectual, and "adult" discussions and/or debates on this without all the immature childish invectives such as faggot, pedo, etc. that ignorant idiotic immature posters use to TRY to discredit others or as proof that they are correct?
Invectives and slurs and name-calling proves absolutely nothing, and only serves to show how utterly foolish and ignorant they really are!

Let's be honest here we both enjoy the action it's entertainment at it's cheapest. Yes we have a lot of dumb kids here but we all realize this. Anyone not willing to deal with that level of mentality shouldn't be here. I'll confess I get bored talking football/track/blues on adult forums where everyone is so uptight and serious. I like to do my Avante bit here, it's fun/funny. Sure I'll...."oh stop that, stop that"...knowing how kids react to that..hahahaha!!!!!!! I was once a dumb kid also, hell we all were.

It's all fun and games here not to be taken too seriously.

Avante
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
In the final analysis, no one knows whether God and/or Jesus exists or not.
They were not there when and if Jesus lived and did what the bible writers said He did.
And unless you have lived, died, and later been brought back to life, then you have no idea or conception of reality after death.
And you might not know even after you die, because no one can say for a surety what you may or may not know at that point, or even if you have sentience then.

It;s the fact we have no physical proof of any kind about any of that while we can prove the dinosaurs, ancient China, ancient Africa. Not a shred of evidence of any kind about anything in the Bible, none! So how can we go with......so what it did happen I tell ya...??? How many other things do we play that with? We don't do it with big foot, UFO's , various monsters. Now we must have proof, so how come with it comes to anything Biblical now we don't?

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
It;s the fact we have no physical proof of any kind about any of that while we can prove the dinosaurs, ancient China, ancient Africa. Not a shred of evidence of any kind about anything in the Bible, none! So how can we go with......so what it did happen I tell ya...??? How many other things do we play that with? We don't do it with big foot, UFO's , various monsters. Now we must have proof, so how come with it comes to anything Biblical now we don't?

I'm not quite sure what your point is here.
But if you're asking me why I believe in God, then I can only say because of my "faith" that came about through much reading and studying on the theological and philosophical nature of things, through experiences I have had over time, and because of inner revelations and introspections that have occurred and happened to me.
All of this is very personal and subjective.
And even if you traveled the same road I have, you might come to a completely different conclusion about things.
We are all different, and our perceptions of reality is different, even when we share some basic commonalities.

Avante
06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm not quite sure what your point is here.
But if you're asking me why I believe in God, then I can only say because of my "faith" that came about through much reading and studying on the theological and philosophical nature of things, through experiences I have had over time, and because of inner revelations and introspections that have occurred and happened to me.
All of this is very personal and subjective.
And even if you traveled the same road I have, you might come to a completely different conclusion about things.
We are all different, and our perceptions of reality is different, even when we share some basic commonalities.

True true and very true. The key word.....faith.

My point was we as humans always need this..."oh yeah well prove it!". I've said.."I'm a big buffed out dude"...yep.."oh yeah, well prove it!" Then we get to religion and it's no longer..'oh yeah, well prove it!"...which I find strange.

cantthinkofanything
06-12-2014, 12:23 PM
True true and very true. The key word.....faith.

My point was we as humans always need this..."oh yeah well prove it!". I've said.."I'm a big buffed out dude"...yep.."oh yeah, well prove it!" Then we get to religion and it's no longer..'oh yeah, well prove it!"...which I find strange.

not taking any side in the 2 Stooge debate but proving your "buffed out" or not is a pretty simple order. A picture would also prove that you are not buffed out. Although I do have doubts whether a picture would confirm you are a dude.

Avante
06-12-2014, 12:27 PM
not taking any side in the 2 Stooge debate but proving your "buffed out" or not is a pretty simple order. A picture would also prove that you are not buffed out. Although I do have doubts whether a picture would confirm you are a dude.

We could all play pirate, I know you still have your outfit. So who do you wanna be today, I forgot who ya were last time we played pirate.

Yep, I;m a 5-10 130 pound long legged bronze beauty. I have that "my daddy owns oil wells" strut and the tightest little butt. But my best feature is my cute litte pout.

cantthinkofanything
06-12-2014, 12:30 PM
We could all play pirate, I know you still have your outfit. So who do you wanna be today, I forgot who ya were last time we played pirate.

Yep, I;m a 5-10 130 pound long legged bronze beauty. I have that "my daddy owns oil wells" strut and the tightest little butt. But my best feature is my cute litte pout.

If you're under 18, I know an old perv that would like your number. Bonus points if you're an Oriental tranny.

Avante
06-12-2014, 12:44 PM
If you're under 18, I know an old perv that would like your number. Bonus points if you're an Oriental tranny.

I'm actually 26 and a professional dancer working at the Hong Kong Pussy Kat Klub (actually across the bay in Kowloon). I don't give out my number espescially on the internet. Come by the next time you're in Kowloon, I go by....Kitty Katt.

Oh yeah, I'm a Samoan/Nigerian mix.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

Stooge?
Another feeble worthless invective response thrown out by such a mature and intellectual person on here who no doubt "expects" an intelligent answer to his stupid question.
Asking a stupid question deserves nothing but a stupid answer.
:lol

cantthinkofanything
06-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Stooge?
Another feeble worthless invective response thrown out by such a mature and intellectual person on here who no doubt "expects" an intelligent answer to his stupid question.

so you knew you were the other Stooge.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:01 PM

This? This is your idea of humor?
Man, you need new writers in the worse way, no offense meant.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:03 PM
so you knew you were the other Stooge.

I am quite familiar with trollish ignorance, immaturity, and lying remarks, thank you very much.

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Stooge?

You don't go walking around a pig farm and expect to not get some shit on ya. We have a bunch of dummy kids like that dummy so ya just play along with them or totally ignore them. You cannot reason with dumb kids.

You are making it too obvious you love the joust.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
You don't go walking around a pig farm and expect to not get some shit on ya. We have a bunch of dummy kids like that dummy so ya just play along with them or totally ignore them. You cannot reason with dumb kids.

You are making it too obvious you love the joust.

Maybe so, but their dumb remarks as they stick their heads up their asses is so damn funny!
I love it when they make fools of themselves over and over again with their stupid foolish posts.
And they don't even realize that is what they are doing! That is even funnier because they are so easily baited.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:18 PM
I have many close and dear friends who are atheists, in fact I was one once too, and my father is an agnostic, so I feel like I know where they are coming from in their points of view.
But we never let our kidding get hurtful and personal, it does not demean who we are nor diminish that we are individuals of decent character. Plus we are intelligent enough to realize no two people will believe the same exact things, and that we each have our own personal "subjective" reasons for what we believe.
And we never ever try to force our own particular beliefs on each other, thus what I do in "real" life comes through for me on message boards too.

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Maybe so, but their dumb remarks as they stick their heads up their asses is so damn funny!
I love it when they make fools of themselves over and over again with their stupid foolish posts.
And they don't even realize that is what they are doing! That is even funnier because they are so easily baited.

I was told on another site this place had a lot of dumb kids and yep it does. I have fun with it and you do also. No real reason to pretend you/me don't have fun at their expense. And it is funnier than hell how they really don't get this at all. Just say...."don't do that"....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I was told on anothr site this place had a lot of dumb kids and yep it does. I have fun with it and you do also. No real reason to pretend you/me don't have fun at their expense. And it if funnier than hell how they really don't get this at all.

Yeah, true, but I also like a fun intellectual debate or discussion too once in a while.
And if I am going to be trolled, at least the trolling could be humorous and witty.
These wannabe trolls lack not only humor, but class and intelligence as well.
I love good natured poking fun at myself when it is funny.
But stupid? No. Stupid is as stupid does.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah, true, but I also like a fun intellectual debate or discussion too once in a while.
And if I am going to be trolled, at least the trolling could be humorous and witty.

I do know what you mean though.
I also have been told by lots of members here who are members elsewhere that this is the "troll forum" and that is why they do not or rarely post here anymore.
They have read my posts on here, and while they criticize me for bashing the trolls as being useless, they do know that I am not a troll on here.

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:41 PM

Well good luck finding intellectual debate/discussioin here. This board is about see who you can bother, that isn't obvious?

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:44 PM
I have many close and dear friends who are atheists, in fact I was one once too, and my father is an agnostic, so I feel like I know where they are coming from in their points of view.
But we never let our kidding get hurtful and personal, it does not demean who we are nor diminish that we are individuals of decent character. Plus we are intelligent enough to realize no two people will believe the same exact things, and that we each have our own personal "subjective" reasons for what we believe.
And we never ever try to force our own particular beliefs on each other, thus what I do in "real" life comes through for me on message boards too.

Trying to talk religion with strangers who are hidden safely away not really a great idea..

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Well good luck finding intellectual debate/discussioin here. This board is about see who you can bother, that isn't obvious?

Yeah, to a certain extent you are right.
But there are a few on here like you who like to discuss things, issues, and events without the trolling.
Granted, it has to be done in between the trolling by chump, blake, CN, MrsMaalox, and this latest childish troll cantblahblahanything.
But they are easily recognizable and dealt with, and they usually only make total fools of themselves.
And every now and again chump will forego his trolling to enter a discussion he likes or knows something about, so it isn't a total loss.
I learn things sometimes on here too that I never considered.
That makes it worthwhile.

Avante
06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah, to a certain extent you are right.
But there are a few on here like you who like to discuss things, issues, and events without the trolling.
Granted, it has to be done in between the trolling by chump, blake, CN, MrsMaalox, and this latest childish troll cantblahblahanything.
But they are easily recognizable and dealt with, and they usually only make total fools of themselves.
And every now and again chump will forego his trolling to enter a discussion he likes or knows something about, so it isn't a total loss.
I learn things sometimes on here too that I never considered.
That makes it worthwhile.

When I want serious debate/discussion I'm on boards that specialize in those topics that interest me. Boards with actual moderaters and a higher level of intelligence a more mature group. Here it's just have some silly fun and I do. Imagine a grown man going around...'you're a faggot"...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Is that priceless or what, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 02:04 PM
When I want serious debate/discussion I'm on boards that specialize in those topics that interest me. Boards with actual moderaters and a higher level of intelligence a more mature group. Here it's just have some silly fun and I do. Imagine a grown man going around...'you're a faggot"...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Is that priceless or what, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. :lmao
As if that strengthens their argument. :lol
No, I realize inherently you are right about that assessment of this site for the most part.
But I have also found that you never know where you might gain a useful insight, even here.

Avante
06-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah. :lmao
As if that strengthens their argument. :lol
No, I realize inherently you are right about that assessment of this site for the most part.
But I have also found that you never know where you might gain a useful insight, even here.

Don't get me wrong I have fun with the dummies here not that that isn't obvious. What has always amazed me and will always amaze me is why they thinik they will make any difference? I do the same things I;ve been doing since my first day here and that will never change. Ya see it works! So to try and give me advice or tell me things....why? Yet here they are..constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!...with that same old tired/worn out bullshit. Yep, as a group that lack not only intelligence but originality and cretivity. But, being twisted it does get a chuckle and a grin out of me. When in with intelligent people who know their stuff I get a headache trying to keep up, trust me dealing with..."you're a faggot"...is easy on the brain. That's the attraction here a brain rest., and the fact I do dig this superiority thing I feel here.

Blake
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
How many pages off topic are you two going to go?

I'll put the over/under at 3 more pages of you two sucking each other off while whining about people in this forum.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Don't get me wrong I have fun with the dummies here not that that isn't obvious. What has always amazed me and will always amaze me is why they thinik they will make any difference? I do the same things I;ve been doing since my first day here and that will never change. Ya see it works! So to try and give me advice or tell me things....why? Yet here they are..constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!...with that same old tired/worn out bullshit. Yep, as a group that lack not only intelligence but originality and cretivity. But, being twisted it does get a chuckle and a grin out of me. When in with intelligent people who know their stuff I get a headache trying to keep up, trust me dealing with..."you're a faggot"...is easy on the brain. That's the attraction here a brain rest.

:lmao
But every now and again you get a discussion like this one with one or two intelligent mature decent posters like you, and like me, and a few others like Mouse on occasion, SBM, etc., who have some insightful things to say, and for me, that makes it all worthwhile.
I can put up with a few fools to get to the cream of the crop.

Avante
06-12-2014, 02:25 PM
:lmao
But every now and again you get a discussion like this one with one or two intelligent mature decent posters like you, and like me, and a few others like Mouse on occasion, SBM, etc., who have some insightful things to say, and for me, that makes it all worthwhile.
I can put up with a few fools to get to the cream of the crop.

I don't however come here to have an intelligent conversation with anyone. This is not the place for that. This is all about..."I bugged you didn't I...yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...and I realize that and roll with it. Talking with you is obviously on another level and not the norm..."here".

The trick is to always paint in abstract:hat

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't however come here to have an intelligent conversation with anyone. This is not the place for that. This is all about..."I bugged you didn't I...yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...and I realize that and rol with it.Talking with you is obviously on another level and not the norm..."here".

There are a few like me. SBM, when discusses deep issues, and a few others.
But I guess when we do this, it pisses off the wannabe trolls because it spoils their fun tbh.

Avante
06-12-2014, 02:36 PM
There are a few like me. SBM, when discusses deep issues, and a few others.
But I guess when we do this, it pisses off the wannabe trolls because it spoils their fun tbh.

Look who the worst trolls/leg humpers are, all of them lack intelligence/originality and creativity. They are about as deep as a thimble. When they see me/anyone talking about things a little more involved/deeper than...sex, burgers, farts and ball games....they have to do what they can to spoil things. Yep, little kids pouting.

I use their immaturity against them, obviously none of them can hang with me about the things I talk about so we see..."you're a faggot"...because that's all they got.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Look who the worst trolls/leg humpers are, all of them lack intelligence/originality and creativity. They are about as deep as a thimble. When they see me/anyone talking about things a little more involved/deeper than...sex, burgers, farts and ball games....they have to do what they can to spoil things. Yep, little kids pouting.

I use their immaturity against them, obviously none of them can hang with me about the things I talk about so we see..."you're a faggot"...because that's all they got.

Invectives like that do not prove a single thing, so they just end up being a fool.
Nothing new here.
They are what they are.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 09:26 AM
I think the basic differences between the bible and books of similar ilk, and books by Homer and Aesop are that biblical texts are compilations of a number of separate books or teachings to be used as moral guides, whereas the latter are single authors that were intended to give general insights into basic morality.
What do you think?

Avante
06-15-2014, 06:39 PM
I think the basic differences between the bible and books of similar ilk, and books by Homer and Aesop are that biblical texts are compilations of a number of separate books or teachings to be used as moral guides, whereas the latter are single authors that were intended to give general insights into basic morality.
What do you think?

I don't know what to think about how the Bible was conceived. And neither does anyone else. I wish we did know the truths about all that.

Blake
06-15-2014, 08:16 PM
The truths are out there if you really want to find them.

But you two are lazy dumbfucks

Avante
06-16-2014, 01:04 AM
The Rock is too small to play Hercules, just like Arnold was too small to play Conan.

ohmwrecker
06-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Wha?

Avante
06-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Wha?

You ever seen the statue of Hercules? In a word....thick. That is not The Rock.

Conan was more like Lou Ferrigno who is the closest thing to Hercules(who he played) and Conan.

ohmwrecker
06-16-2014, 03:10 PM
You ever seen the statue of Hercules? In a word....thick. That is not The Rock.

Conan was more like Lou Ferrigno who is the closest thing to Hercules(who he played) and Conan.

Are you suggesting that a 62 year old Lou Ferrigno play Hercules in a Hollywood blockbuster movie? Also, I don't think Ferrigno is bigger than Schwarzenegger either. The Rock is a decent actor for a wrestler/action movie star. Who else could you cast that is physically appropriate and can act their way out of paper bag?

Avante
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Are you suggesting that a 62 year old Lou Ferrigno play Hercules in a Hollywood blockbuster movie? Also, I don't think Ferrigno is bigger than Schwarzenegger either. The Rock is a decent actor for a wrestler/action movie star. Who else could you cast that is physically appropriate and can act their way out of paper bag?

The obvious has no effect on you does it guy? You actually thought I was talking about "todays" Lou Ferrigno...wow! Obviously you didn't see that video of Arnold and Ferrigno at the Mr. Olympia competition, Ferrigno is far bigger than Arnold.

You don't want a known actor playing the role of Hercules, you want an unknown, he then becomes Hercules. Everyone knows The Rocks story that does hurt if he's trying to play a known character.

ohmwrecker
06-16-2014, 04:11 PM
I didn't bring up Ferrigno, you did. And, no, I don't watch body building videos. Let's be honest, there is a reason why actors are cast in movies and not bodybuilders.

Blake
06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
You ever seen the statue of Hercules? In a word....thick.

Lol

ohmwrecker
06-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Lol

Yeah, I kind of let that one slide by.

xmas1997
06-16-2014, 08:29 PM

It won't be long before blake and chump are either banned or pinked the way they are going IMHO.
That is why I rarely bother with them anymore, t
Neither are worth a plug nickel.