PDA

View Full Version : Starters performance in Game 3

will_spurs
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
According to The Margin (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/the-margin-san-antonio-spurs-111-miami-heat-92):

The Diaw-Leonard-Green-Tim Duncan-Tony Parker lineup outscored Heat by 13.3 points per 100 possessions and had a true-shooting mark of nearly 80 percent in 12 minutes of court time. On top of that, they grabbed every single available defensive rebound.

:wow:wow:wow

Aztecfan03
06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Why only 12 minutes?

EVAY
06-11-2014, 11:15 AM
According to The Margin (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/the-margin-san-antonio-spurs-111-miami-heat-92):

[/FONT][/COLOR]:wow:wow:wow

Wow is right. And most of that, honestly, was Leonard scoring and Green stealing. The fact that Tim and Tony played their positions well and kept the Heat honest on defense helped Kawhi score.

I know that it doesn't show in the box score so much, but I swear Diaw may be the MVP of this entire playoff run.

Sometimes we forget how much there is to winning besides the actual baskets.

BillMc
06-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Wow is right. And most of that, honestly, was Leonard scoring and Green stealing. The fact that Tim and Tony played their positions well and kept the Heat honest on defense helped Kawhi score.

I know that it doesn't show in the box score so much, but I swear Diaw may be the MVP of this entire playoff run.

Sometimes we forget how much there is to winning besides the actual baskets.

Yeah, Boris has been fantastic. Our team is so balanced I have no idea the frontrunner for MVP if we win it. Timmy, Tony, Leonard, Danny, Boris, and Manu all are in the game.

Baam
06-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Yeah, Boris has been fantastic. Are team is so balanced I have no idea the frontrunner for MVP if we win it. Timmy, Tony, Leonard, Danny, Boris, and Manu all are in the game.

Tim is the huge favorite at this point and while I love Boris he's pretty much out of the race at this point.

Still in some way he'd be the true FMVP in my book as he's the most unselfish and the one who represents this team the best...

Seventyniner
06-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Why only 12 minutes?

12 min is quite a lot for one lineup in one game, especially for the Spurs who don't have high-MPG players.

By contrast, I think that lineup was on the floor for 8 total minutes of last year's Finals.

BillMc
06-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Boris 2.0 has already earned the next contract. Play fair RC, play fair.

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Yikes that's impressive.

Horse
06-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Truthfully Boris makes this whole thing go that's why I was glad Pop didn't wait too long to start him like he did in WCF. His versatillity makes us able to matchup with any team.