PDA

View Full Version : unsung hero from game 3

T Park
06-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Marco Belinelli. His three pretty much took the wind out of the Heat's sails and ended their push.

Lead was down to 7, crowd going nuts, Belinelli hits a CLUTCH three to put it back to 10. You could see them slump their shoulders a little too.

Also the biggest thing, the shot comes off the Heat's patented hard double and trap defense.

Baam
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
:lmao terrible thread from a terrible poster, it got into single digits BECAUSE of Marco.

Drew2354
06-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Big play there by him. Was not liking our lineup when they went on that run. Putting Marco out there was pretty brave...plus Pop was not calling any timeouts during that either.

T Park
06-11-2014, 12:48 PM
:lmao terrible thread from a terrible poster, it got into single digits BECAUSE of Marco.

It didn't, but sure.

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm glad Pop gave Del Negro minimal minutes last night. Still can't believe that moron turned his back on Ray Allen and ran away from him in Game 2.

TJastal
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I agree that shot was huge to stop the shitstorm that was raining down. Even the refs started giving the spurs some respect and calls after that huge shot. The marco haters can suck a fat one.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM

No, the refs were the reason it got back to single digit. But that three was huge. Beli just missed an easy running layup and the Heat basically showed him no respect and left him wide open.

But that shot was the shot that shifted the Momentum back to the Spurs. Anyone watching the game could see that. Heat never threatened the Spurs lead after that.

Mugen
06-11-2014, 12:51 PM
It was a big shot. Hopefully, he doesn't see another meaningful minute going forward tbh.

Baam
06-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Marco is -22 for the series, about to make 2013 Splitter look good :(...

boutons_deux
yeah, that Belli 3 was just right, squelched their run. HUGE relief

TJastal
I'm glad Pop gave Del Negro minimal minutes last night. Still can't believe that moron turned his back on Ray Allen and ran away from him in Game 2.

That was a miscommunication with a teammate as I recall. I doubt he did that deliberately.

TJastal
Marco is due for a big game. Lets see what happens in game 5.

T Park
06-11-2014, 12:53 PM

Followed the defender he was switched to. Spurs were switching all rotations. Boris was supposed to rotate up. Hence why Boris got chewed out there during the following time out and not Belinelli.

Baam
06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
No, the refs were the reason it got back to single digit. But that three was huge. Beli just missed an easy running layup and the Heat basically showed him no respect and left him wide open.

But that shot was the shot that shifted the Momentum back to the Spurs. Anyone watching the game could see that. Heat never threatened the Spurs lead after that.

Yet Marco has a negative impact in every single game... Lol at blaming the ref... -11 -7 -4, doesn't matter if he shoots great or not, he's having a negative impact no matter what...

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 12:54 PM
That was a miscommunication with a teammate as I recall. I doubt he did that deliberately.

No, that was Diaw having to run out at Allen when Del Negro bought the fake on the pass and ran away from the greatest shooter of the last 20 years.

Baam
Followed the defender he was switched to. Spurs were switching all rotations. Boris was supposed to rotate up. Hence why Boris got chewed out there during the following time out and not Belinelli.

Yet Boris got more minutes than ever in game 3 and Marco got as few as possible...

Spur|n|Austin

Yeah him and Bobo had a miscommunication on their switch, they both got faked the fuck out by Ray's pass fake.

T Park
06-11-2014, 12:55 PM
It was a big shot. Hopefully, he doesn't see another meaningful minute going forward tbh.

Hes actually played his best series of the playoffs so far. Hes keeping his defender stuck to him, and when they've left him he's made them pay.
Game 1 and game 2 he did that. Did that big last night. His leash still needs to be a tad loose. Not too loose, but loose.

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 12:55 PM

What rotation? There was no screen there. :lol

He bought Allen's fake.

T Park
06-11-2014, 12:56 PM
No, that was Diaw having to run out at Allen when Del Negro bought the fake on the pass and ran away from the greatest shooter of the last 20 years.

Nope. It was pick and roll, Bosh rolled to the basket, Belinelli switched to the roller and Boris for some reason stayed standing in once place instead of rotating up.

Dex
06-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Marco needs to do what he do: make a big three here or there, and not be Neal.

At least when Marco is off, he doesn't still jack up 5-10 bad shots.

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 12:57 PM
What rotation? There was no screen there. :lol

He bought Allen's fake.

They both did.

Spur|n|Austin
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Nope. It was pick and roll, Bosh rolled to the basket, Belinelli switched to the roller and Boris for some reason stayed standing in once place instead of rotating up.

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/856206623.gif

Jenks
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
That 3 equalized the point blank layup he had just missed.

Mugen
06-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Hes actually played his best series of the playoffs so far. Hes keeping his defender stuck to him, and when they've left him he's made them pay.
Game 1 and game 2 he did that. Did that big last night. His leash still needs to be a tad loose. Not too loose, but loose.

He's been a liability in the playoffs so far so saying this series is his best isn't saying much tbh. I like Beli and have defended him from detractors throughout the season but his postseason play has been a disappointment so far IMO.

There are 96 minutes available to the wing positions. Ideally, Leonard gets 35-40 of those and Green/Manu split the rest. He was out of the rotation in the 1st half and only got minutes because Green picked up his 4th foul early in the 3rd qtr. I hope Pop continues with that mindset going forward, but props to Marco for hitting a big shot.

-21-
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
The three that he hit was big. Let's leave it at that.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Yet Marco has a negative impact in every single game... Lol at blaming the ref... -11 -7 -4, doesn't matter if he shoots great or not, he's having a negative impact no matter what...

Marco has played below par. I think the moment is too big for him at this point. But for the 3rd quarter, it was about the refs and those bs calls they gave the Heat during that stretch.

I was just pissed at Marco for missing that easy layup the previous possession. I was literally thinking why the fuck is he out there if he can't even hit a wide open layup. He comes back and hits that 3 which shifted the momentum back to the Spurs.

I agree he needs to play minimum minutes, but he provides that extra 5-10 minutes that allows Green and Manu to get some rest. That is why the Heat are exhausted by the 4th and the Spurs aren't.

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Just rewatched the clip and yeah, Boris fucked up after Bosh gave up on the weakest screen I have seen since Anthony Bennett.

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Marco has played below par. I think the moment is too big for him at this point. But for the 3rd quarter, it was about the refs and those bs calls they gave the Heat during that stretch.

I was just pissed at Marco for missing that easy layup the previous possession. I was literally thinking why the fuck is he out there if he can't even hit a wide open layup. He comes back and hits that 3 which shifted the momentum back to the Spurs.

I agree he needs to play minimum minutes, but he provides that extra 5-10 minutes that allows Green and Manu to get some rest. That is why the Heat are exhausted by the 4th and the Spurs aren't.

I'm fine with Del Negro playing 5 minutes for that reason. But the 20 MPG he was averaging the first two were ridiculous.

spurspokesman
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Marco Belinelli. His three pretty much took the wind out of the Heat's sails and ended their push.

Lead was down to 7, crowd going nuts, Belinelli hits a CLUTCH three to put it back to 10. You could see them slump their shoulders a little too.

He's horrible but can't deny he hit a big shot at a big time.
Also the biggest thing, the shot comes off the Heat's patented hard double and trap defense.

bigfan
06-11-2014, 03:09 PM
The guy has had a few fantastic games during the regular season but hasn't done much in the playoffs. I would like to see him have a big game asap.

Budkin
06-11-2014, 03:13 PM

That shit was Neal vs. shoeless Miller quality.

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 03:14 PM
He made a big 3-pointer, I'll give him that..hopefully his minutes stay around 5, though, good adjustment from Pop..

Expert
06-11-2014, 03:22 PM
I don't give a shit who plays as long as we win. I don't give a damn if the ball boy plays and if a fucking fan comes down to play it doesn't matter. Same thing with the MVP, who gives a shit?

Raven
06-11-2014, 03:35 PM

yeah coz green really needs rest when he barely plays 20 minutes per game

gameFACE
06-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I'll give Beli credit for the timing of the 3. It also fell on a night when everything was falling for the Spurs. And I have to admit every time he steps on the court I'm hoping another Spurs player will compensate for him being there. I was pimping him earlier in the season, too.

timtonymanu
06-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Yeah, good shot by Belinelli. I still only want to see him when the game is out of reach.

tholdren
06-11-2014, 04:00 PM

ha.

Patty mills was the man tonight, behind KL and DG and BD

Floyd Pacquiao
06-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Who else cringed when he missed that layup? Clutch shot through, props..

boutons_deux
06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
3. It also fell on a night when everything was falling for the Spurs.

... not at all true in the 3rd.

barakz21
06-11-2014, 04:18 PM
As much as I love Beli, it doesn't seem like he'll help much if the team goes deep into the postseason next year. With that being said, is there any player who you guys think will provide the same things on offense but minus the terrible defense?

Budkin
06-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Who else cringed when he missed that layup? Clutch shot through, props..

I didn't cringe, I fucking screamed and smashed my hand down. Even when he hit the 3 I was like "damn right you fucking bitch!" My wife made me leave after that and I went for a run to chill out. :lol I can't wait for all of this to be over.

spurraider21
06-11-2014, 04:21 PM
i would have gone with chalmers as the unsung hero

Floyd Pacquiao
06-11-2014, 04:54 PM
I didn't cringe, I fucking screamed and smashed my hand down. Even when he hit the 3 I was like "damn right you fucking bitch!" My wife made me leave after that and I went for a run to chill out. :lol I can't wait for all of this to be over.:lol my bros same reaction

Raven
06-11-2014, 04:59 PM
it was a really easy shot, there is a limit to how shitty someone can be tbh.

sexinthatsx
06-11-2014, 05:02 PM
it was a really easy shot, there is a limit to how shitty someone can be tbh.

Not that easy of a shot if you have huge amounts of pressure to make the shot. Just ask Derek Fisher he knows what's up.

dg7md
06-11-2014, 05:33 PM
OP with the goods — I was going to post a similar thread about how Marco clearly hit the biggest shot of the night with that three ball.

Had the shot rimmed out, we're looking at an entirely different game with the Heat probably running up the court off of transition with a dunk or Bosh three and the game would be totally different.

Let's not forget Tony too, he often bails us out of bad situations with a huge three or jump shot. Kawhi and Green were easily our best players of the night but Tony, Manu, Patty, and Marco had specific moments that defined the game in our favor.

Pound the rock
06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Say what you will about beli but that three came just in the nick of time, he's been awol but his small contribution actually turned out to be rather big.