PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Claxton?

remingtonbo2001
08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
What about Speedy Claxton.....Would New Oreleans be willing to let Speedy Claxton go for the "modest" services of Rasho Nestorvic and/or Beno Udrih......Sounds tantalizing.......yeah, that's right....TANTALIZING......Would Speedy's contract match up with Rasho's....and possibly...Beno's......Would the Spurs do it.....I think this would be a very beneficial trade.....

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Enough with SpeedyClaxton :pctoss

Kori Ellis
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Speedy makes $3.6M and wants to start.
Rasho makes nearly $7M. So no, it doesn't match up.

And why would they even think of trading Speedy and his expiring contract to the Spurs.

remingtonbo2001
08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Because....It's New Orleans.....As an elite team.....We must do our part to take advantage of less quality teams...Haha!

Isiah Thomas
08-15-2005, 06:28 PM
And why would they even think of trading Speedy and his expiring contract to the Spurs.

There is nothing wrong with trading an expiring contract for an obscene one

SequSpur
08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Speedy Claxton and Stephen Jackson in a 3 way for Super Rasho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Speedy Claxton and Stephen Jackson in a 3 way with Super Rasho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your sexual fantasies out of this.

SequSpur
08-15-2005, 06:37 PM
:lol

BillsCarnage
08-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Because....It's New Orleans.....As an elite team.....We must do our part to take advantage of less quality teams...Haha!

You also have to meet the salary cap requirements, and that proposal does not.

Mark in Austin
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I believe that since New Orleans is way under the cap, they could take the Rasho contract, and send back Speedy and a trade exception for the difference (approx. 3.4 million). Unless this has changed in the new CBA, only when both teams are over the cap does the rule of salaries matching within 25% (up from 15% in the previous CBA) of each other kick in.

This would allow NO to dangle Magliore as trade bait for additional help since he'll be in the last year of his deal... but Shinn is a cheap ass shyster and aside from that, NO is a team that desperately needs to build it's fan base. Rasho ain't the kind of player that fills that need.

Kori Ellis
08-15-2005, 07:09 PM
I believe that since New Orleans is way under the cap, they could take the Rasho contract, and send back Speedy and a trade exception for the difference (approx. 3.4 million).

I'm sure they could. But I still don't see why they would.

Mark in Austin
08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
This would allow NO to dangle Magliore as trade bait for additional help since he'll be in the last year of his deal... but Shinn is a cheap ass shyster and aside from that, NO is a team that desperately needs to build it's fan base. Rasho ain't the kind of player that fills that need.

Neither do I.

BillsCarnage
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
I believe that since New Orleans is way under the cap, they could take the Rasho contract, and send back Speedy and a trade exception for the difference (approx. 3.4 million). Unless this has changed in the new CBA, only when both teams are over the cap does the rule of salaries matching within 25% (up from 15% in the previous CBA) of each other kick in.

That's true, i didn't realize NO was that far under the cap.

remingtonbo2001
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Guys....Your giving NO too much credit.....The Spurs need to hire someone who looks similar to Rasho....Throw in some clips of Rasho playing defense (the one thing he does well)....Then catch this guy dunking a couple of times on film....Make sure they are passionate dunks.....I'm sure....As cunning as this staff is....They could pull it off...Come on...It's New Orleans.....We're the Spurs....If they were able to overlook Manu's talent during the draft....Then they can surely overlook such a bloated contract.....

exstatic
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
After being corrected by LJ, Speedy, with his totally missed first season, has averaged 44 games per season. That's a pretty shitty track record. Think of him as a little version of Camby.

Obstructed_View
08-15-2005, 11:48 PM
They'd never swap Speedy for Rasho, but I'm sure they'd do it for Beno in a second. That would be an incredibly stupid trade for the Spurs to make.

SequSpur
08-15-2005, 11:49 PM
After being corrected by LJ, Speedy, with his totally missed first season, has averaged 44 games per season. That's a pretty shitty track record. Think of him as a little version of Camby.

And led the Spurs to a championship while Parker was sucking on a pacifier.

Camby has no ring.

Get your comparison and contrasts correct.

exstatic
08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Playoffs 2003:

Parker 34 mins 14.7p 3.5a
Speedy 14 mins 5.2p 1.9a

Yeah, they were following Speedy all the way. You just like him 'cause he's SHORT, motherfucker.

SequSpur
08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Playoffs 2003:

Parker 34 mins 14.7p 3.5a
Speedy 14 mins 5.2p 1.9a

Yeah, they were following Speedy all the way. You just like him 'cause he's SHORT, motherfucker.

Who played in crunch time bitchass?

exstatic
08-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Both, at times. Stop seing the world thorugh your short, rose colored glasses. Speedy is nothing more than a nice part time player, both in minutes and in GAMES played. Somehow, even with his ass on the bench for all but 30 games, the Spurs managed to excell and have the best record.

boutons
08-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I like Speedy, but he's too fragile. And he's really not that good, eg, he'll have a hard time starting in NO, and getting PT, vs Chris Paul, Arvydas Macijauskas, and Dan Dickau. If he would give up on the starting objective, he could be OK as backup PG, when he wasn't hurt.

SequSpur
08-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Speedy and Kerr bailed Parker out against Dallas and New Jersey.

Recognize.

exstatic
08-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Speedy is a good backup, WHEN HEALTHY. Recognize.

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Enough already about Speedy. He aint proven nothing to me yet. He cant start. Thats proven. He can be a good backup. Thats proven. But he needs to be HEALTHY. He hasnt stayed healthy all these years.

AND you want to bring him back to play back up to a maturing Parker? Give up a potential starting center in Rasho? As well as our future PG in Beno?

If people flame me for the Marion suggestion, then I think you are downright nuts to suggest this one.

T Park
08-16-2005, 01:20 AM
bailed Parker out against Dallas

So it was Parker's fault he got sick???

Interesting.

Who game 3 VS NJ practically single handed, oh yeah Tony Parker.

WHo damn near won game 2?? Oh yeah Tony Parker

Shut the fuck up asswhipe.

ZStomp
08-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Is SOMEONE actually saying Speedy>Parker? :lmao :lmao

waly.mg
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Speedy makes $3.6M and wants to start.
Rasho makes nearly $7M. So no, it doesn't match up.

Our 2nd Team

Beno Udrih
Brent Barry
Devin Brown
Robert Horry
Rasho Nesterovich

Is Better than the Hornets, if you can play in the NBA , you can be starter in NOH

Zan the Fan
08-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Sooooooo ready for the season to start.....

:duck