PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Fredo's top three coaching candidates....

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Gentry, RAMBIS, and BYRON SCOTT :lmao

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233742/Lakers-Focusing-On-Rambis-Gentry-Scott-As-Primary-Head-Coach-Candidates

#Fredooooooo :lol

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 06:16 PM
#stuckinthedarkages

baseline bum
06-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Disappointing tbh. I was hoping they'd make a push for Mark Jackson.

Thebesteva
06-11-2014, 06:27 PM
#stuckinthedarkages

Tbh, who exactly is a game changing coach at this point? Whichever coach they get is a filler for the rebuilding phase. It might as well be Gentry tbh

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Tbh, who exactly is a game changing coach at this point? Whichever coach they get is a filler for the rebuilding phase. It might as well be Gentry tbh

Other rebuilding teams hire good coaches like Budenholzer or Brett Brown in order to teach their young talent how to play in a system from day one of their careers.... Lakers are going to hire a moron like Rambis or Byron Scott who will ruin whoever the Lakers pick with their lack of X's and O's knowledge :lol

unleashbaynes
06-11-2014, 06:36 PM
^what happened to the age old Laker tradition of just buying one of the best coaches in the league? Carlisle, Thibbs, one of those guys?

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 06:37 PM
^what happened to the age old Laker tradition of just buying one of the best coaches in the league? Carlisle, Thibbs, one of those guys?

This happened:

http://i.imgur.com/2s7u6qx.jpg

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 06:40 PM

The Lakers need a coach who thinks modern. Scott, Rambis, will likely build their offense around Kobe in the post, which we know can't work in today's speedy "space and pace" NBA.

I'd gamble on a young coach like Hoiberg (runs a good system at Iowa State) and actually STICK with him for 5 years. Let him and the team (which the Lakers should fill with youth, speed, and shooters) evolve together. Problem is, Kobe is in championship or bust mode and wants a quick roster fix, as do the majority of Lakers fans, I imagine.

Lakers really need to restructure everything from the bottom up. It's not as simple as throwing a free agent bandaid over your weaknesses anymore.

Thebesteva
06-11-2014, 06:43 PM

This happened:

http://i.imgur.com/2s7u6qx.jpg

You do recall the knock on Dr. Buss after Magic left was he refused to dish out the cash for a coach right? He settled for the likes of Del Harris and even Magic as a coach. It wasnt until he finally gave up that he dished out money to hire Phil. But Fredo is a horrible owner, Im not debating that.

The Lakers need a coach who thinks modern. Scott, Rambis, will likely build their offense around Kobe in the post, which we know can't work in today's speedy "space and pace" NBA.

I'd gamble on a young coach like Hoiberg (runs a good system at Iowa State) and actually STICK with him for 5 years. Let him and the team (which the Lakers should fill with youth, speed, and shooters) evolve together. Problem is, Kobe is in championship or bust mode and wants a quick roster fix, as do the majority of Lakers fans, I imagine.

Lakers really need to restructure everything from the bottom up. It's not as simply as throwing a free agent bandaid over your weaknesses anymore.

With the knowledge of bball I have, I predicted Lakers needed about 5 years to be back as contenders after Shaq left. I was off by a year as they were contenders by 08 but won by 09. From what I sense this time around, its tricky, but I see the Lakers back as contenders in approximately 8-9 years from now. This team is beyond done for reasons you mentioned when I first joined here. They refused to rebuild and it cost them dearly.

The contract they gave Kobe is the nail in the coffin, they could have gotten rid of that fucker and he would have left to NY. They could have started building NOW.

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 06:51 PM
You do recall the knock on Dr. Buss after Magic left was he refused to dish out the cash for a coach right? He settled for the likes of Del Harris and even Magic as a coach. It wasnt until he finally gave up that he dished out money to hire Phil. But Fredo is a horrible owner, Im not debating that.

With the knowledge of bball I have, I predicted Lakers needed about 5 years to be back as contenders after Shaq left. I was off by a year as they were contenders by 08 but won by 09. From what I sense this time around, its tricky, but I see the Lakers back as contenders in approximately 8-9 years from now. This team is beyond done for reasons you mentioned when I first joined here. They refused to rebuild and it cost them dearly.

The contract they gave Kobe is the nail in the coffin, they could have gotten rid of that fucker and he would have left to NY. They could have started building NOW.

Compounding matters is the Lakers' having to keep Time Warner happy and the impatience of their fanbase (which, to be fair, all fanbases are to some degree). If the Lakers hired Hoiberg, LG would meltdown. They want a NAME, both coaching and FA wise. Love, Melo, they don't fix any of the Lakers issues.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
If the Lakers don't modernize, they'll always be at a disadvantage against the rest of the league, and that will last a lot longer than 8 or 9 years.... I don't ever see it happening with Jeannie and Fredo in charge, though - one's an airhead bimbo who came up with the grand ideas of The Begging and 48.5, and the other one is a daddy's-money moron who thinks bartenders are just as good at scouting as professional scouts :lol

lefty
06-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Gentry is not bad tbh

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Gentry, RAMBIS, and BYRON SCOTT :lmao

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233742/Lakers-Focusing-On-Rambis-Gentry-Scott-As-Primary-Head-Coach-Candidates

#Fredooooooo :lolNo mention of Hollins?

Thebesteva
06-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Compounding matters is the Lakers' having to keep Time Warner happy and the impatience of their fanbase (which, to be fair, all fanbases are to some degree). If the Lakers hired Hoiberg, LG would meltdown. They want a NAME, both coaching and FA wise. Love, Melo, they don't fix any of the Lakers issues.

What can they do though at this point? The only prayer they had left, and it was a good one, was that Kobe was going to be gone, as well as Gasol and theyd have a clean slate. The contract cemented all I needed to know, we're not going anywhere with dick licker at helm.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 09:22 PM
No mention of Hollins?

No dice, Armando.... have fun with Byron or Rambis :lol

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
What can they do though at this point? The only prayer they had left, and it was a good one, was that Kobe was going to be gone, as well as Gasol and theyd have a clean slate. The contract cemented all I needed to know, we're not going anywhere with dick licker at helm.

Not sure. Kobe is a huge albatross going forward, from a contract standpoint and an ego standpoint. Kobe won't retire after his contract is up. He's going to chase records and that 6th title until 40, and demand the Lakers surround him with pieces that complement his game.

Post-Achilles Kobe is simply too slow for today's perimeter game, especially against teams like the Spurs and Heat that spread you out and force you to constantly rotate and close out.

Mitch is going to just have to take a bitter pill, risk alienating Lakers fans, and just say so long to Kobe after his contract is up, unless Kobe is willing to come off the bench in a spot up shooter Ray Allen role.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 09:49 PM
No dice, Armando.... have fun with Byron or Rambis :lol

:pctoss:

unforeseen
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
I would hope sooner than that since Kirby's contract only runs through another 2 seasons. Lakers will definitely be in contender status within the 6-7 years post Kirby. There would be riots in the streets and especially, on talk radio if the Lakers have another 3 years of non-contention.

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Lakers should be exploring the Euroleague and FIBA for there next coach not a bunch of retreads.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
#stuckinthedarkages

When does Pop's contract expire? :downspin:

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 10:49 PM

:lol Like Kirby is ever going to allow a coach like Pop (who would hold him accountable) to be hired....

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM

He likely retires when Duncan retires.

Still, there's a load of Pop acolytes out there. Just look how many are now in NBA front office and head coaching positions. Lakers should seek one out.

Mitch is kind of a relic now.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2722369/Popovich-Buford-Tree.jpg

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 10:57 PM
^^^^

Compared to:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4339033/Phil-Jackson-Coaching-Tree.png

:lmao

Clipper Nation
06-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Still, there's a load of Pop acolytes out there. Just look how many are now in NBA front office and head coaching positions. Lakers should seek one out.

How'd they forget Doc on that list?

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:01 PM
How'd they forget Doc on that list?

Yeah, he should be on there.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2012/11/20121128BKNcoaching-tree.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-11-2014, 11:01 PM
I guess Fredo really is smoking crack in the office everyday...that's a shit list....there's only one answer and it's Jeff Van Gundy or even Jerry Sloan...what the fuck is up with Mitch....these guys are some straight up buffoons....they made 1 right call and that was developing Bynum ever since it's all gone to shit....this is getting sickening...

Koolaid_Man
06-11-2014, 11:03 PM
It looks like Magic was right in calling out Fredo...I had no idea this guy was this incompetent....and Jeanie talking about not going after Melo on the grounds of not making her boyfriend mad in NY...what kind of Kangaroo mgmt is this....gotdayum

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 11:04 PM

...but none of them ever did shit. Especially Potato Head. :lol

Fredo should offer him 10 years / $100M. That should do it. Money talks, bullshit walks. :lol

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:05 PM
It looks like Magic was right in calling out Fredo...I had no idea this guy was this incompetent....and Jeanie talking about not going after Melo on the grounds of not making her boyfriend mad in NY...what kind of Kangaroo mgmt is this....gotdayum

I think you guys should go after Fred Hoiberg. Not the most glamorous signing, but he has a great system at Iowa St. You need some youth over there with new ideas, both in the FO and on the court.

LkrFan
06-11-2014, 11:05 PM
^^^^

Compared to:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4339033/Phil-Jackson-Coaching-Tree.png

:lmao

::lol - Marijuana leaves are a nice touch. :lmao

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Fredo should offer him 10 years / $100M. That should do it. Money talks, bullshit walks. :lol

That means the Lakers will likely hire someone of the Phil Jackson/Lakers coaching tree. Scott, Rambis, and you guys wanted Shaw, as well. Look how he's failing.

Potato Head actually got you two games in the 2nd round against OKC, with a worse roster than the team that got swept a year prior. His Princeton Offense made sense with how old and slow the Lakers roster was. But you didn't give him 4 games.

ElNono
06-12-2014, 12:48 AM

Rogelio, don't forget Potato Head coached a team to the NBA Finals... that right there is already better than your last coach...

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
Rogelio don't forget Potato Head coached a team to the NBA Finals... that right there is already better than your last coach...
:lol

Please. The EC det year was weaker than a broke hooker's ability to tell Bin Harden n:lol How many Finals games did he win det year? :lol

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 02:02 AM
That means the Lakers will likely hire someone of the Phil Jackson/Lakers coaching tree. Scott, Rambis, and you guys wanted Shaw, as well. Look how he's failing.

Potato Head actually got you two games in the 2nd round against OKC, with a worse roster than the team that got swept a year prior. His Princeton Offense made sense with how old and slow the Lakers roster was. But you didn't give him 4 games.
I actually liked the Princeton Offense. Would have been better if Adelman was on the sideline tbh.

ElNono
06-12-2014, 02:06 AM
:lol

Please. The EC det year was weaker than a broke hooker's ability to tell Bin Harden n:lol How many Finals games did he win det year? :lol

He made it to the FinalsPERIOD

midnightpulp
06-12-2014, 02:12 AM

:downspin: det shit, Lkrfan!!!

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Just take care of the Hype, or I'll be saying the same about Pop. Not sure why you're giving him props for being Pop's victory cigar. :lol

:downspin:

spurraider21
06-12-2014, 02:19 AM
pretty sure he's still the spurs president or vp of basketball operations... he's not going to go anywhere else

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 02:24 AM
pretty sure he's still the spurs president or vp of basketball operations... he's not going to go anywhere else

$$$ talks son. Believe that shiiiiiiiiiiit :lol

spurraider21
06-12-2014, 02:56 AM
$$$ talks son. Believe that shiiiiiiiiiiit :lol
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/2013/06/lakers_billboard_stayd12_dwight_howard_062713b.jpg

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 02:59 AM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/2013/06/lakers_billboard_stayd12_dwight_howard_062713b.jpg

Well, damn. :cry