PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: If The Lakers Hire Anyone But Jeff Van Gundy - I'm Done With Them

Koolaid_Man
06-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Alvin Gentry, Kurt Rambis, Byron Fucking Scott....are you freaking kidding me.....Jeff Van Gundy is the smartest and most experienced of them all...Byron Scott is a joke in my view...he's been pimping this bullshit ass relationship with Kobe line for awhile now...I want a coach like JVG who's coached at a high level and who's had a chance to sit back, watch, and critique as an analyst....that's the best kind of person for the job...this shit with Byron Scott is fucking ridiculous....first they fuck up by not even negotiating with Kobe they just write him a $50 mill check no questions asked...of course he's gonna say yes if you're gonna pay it...I would too...it signals to me your gonna spend no matter what....this shit is crazy...these guys just keep fucking up coaching and personnel decisions and what's so killing about it is these clowns aren't learning from their mistakes....this just has me sick right now....very sick :bang

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:15 PM
It's Fredo, man. Just clueless.

He'll hire an old school "Laker Boy" like Rambis or Scott, most likely Scott.

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:18 PM
On concerns about Byron Scott:

Angelo: The lack of any semblance of an offensive/defensive system. I have no idea what the hell this team is supposed to look like. With young players that need to learn the game, having some sort of set go-to system can be extremely helpful so they have some sort of role they need to fill. Without it, you get the crap we've seen since March on.

Boosh: My biggest concern is that his systems may be outdated. It's easy to cite his experiences in New Orleans and New Jersey as reasons to have faith, but I'm uneasy with the idea of treating those past successes as concrete evidence of future outcomes. NBA defenses (and with them offenses) have evolved quite a bit in just the last few years. If Coach Scott is rigidly rolling out archaic defensive schemes and offensive sets, then the ceiling for this team is limited regardless of the talent.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/4/16/4231652/should-the-cleveland-cavaliers-fire-byron-scott-after-this-season

Malik Hairston
06-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is going to leave a great announcing gig to coach Swaggy P, Wes Johnson and Jordan Hill?..

Koolaid_Man
06-11-2014, 11:21 PM
It's Fredo, man. Just clueless.

He'll hire an old school "Laker Boy" like Rambis or Scott, most likely Scott.

that muthafucker is as dumb as he looks...I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt because of Cully's advice...but it's becoming crystal clear this dude is nincompoop...literally every single one of his decisions are going the opposite way that his dad's went....hiring fucking Chaz? really....and just what in the flying fuck is Mitch doing....trying not to get fired? Again..they're trying to make Kevin Love the cornerstone of the team and he's never even been to the play-offs not even once....what the fuck are these guys thinking....it's just a real bleak time to be a Laker fan with Fredo and Mitch at the helm....

Arnold Toht
06-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Kobe Bryant has disgraced himself if he doesn't force a say in this.

Arnold Toht
06-11-2014, 11:28 PM
On concerns about Byron Scott:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/4/16/4231652/should-the-cleveland-cavaliers-fire-byron-scott-after-this-season

Or, "he's black." They go hand in hand.

midnightpulp
06-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Kobe Bryant has disgraced himself if he doesn't force a say in this.

He wants Byron.

http://www.lakersnation.com/byron-scott-says-he-has-upper-hand-due-to-relationship-with-kobe-bryant/2014/05/27/

Franklin
06-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I agree. The light in Staples is always too dim (especially when it serves as Lakers homecourt), JVG would help the gym's illumination more than any other coach would tbh.

RsxPiimp
06-11-2014, 11:58 PM
it would probably be Scott, and Kobra would probably endorse it considering Scott is a huge advocate of ISO ball.

Arcadian
06-12-2014, 12:04 AM
that muthafucker is as dumb as he looks...I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt because of Cully's advice...but it's becoming crystal clear this dude is nincompoop...literally every single one of his decisions are going the opposite way that his dad's went....hiring fucking Chaz? really....and just what in the flying fuck is Mitch doing....trying not to get fired? Again..they're trying to make Kevin Love the cornerstone of the team and he's never even been to the play-offs not even once....what the fuck are these guys thinking....it's just a real bleak time to be a Laker fan with Fredo and Mitch at the helm....

:lol Koolaid man melting down

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 12:20 AM
so what happens if next season kirby sits out again?

there is so mucha coach can do when his limited by the roster and capspace available....

Chris
06-12-2014, 12:22 AM
JVG wouldn't disgrace himself with that franchise. :lol Face it, you're stuck with a shit storm and Fredo is your captain.

dg7md
06-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Kobe should just coach and play at the same time tbqh.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 12:50 AM
why didnt the italian faggot reach out to his country men messina or mario to join him? yeh thats right nobody wants to join that a cripple who crippling that franchise inside out

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 12:54 AM
>muh dick chimp
>wants white coach

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 02:31 AM
>muh dick chimp
>wants white coach
You're a racist faggot. I know the site where "muh dick" comes from. SMH

whitemamba
06-12-2014, 03:01 AM
>muh dick chimp
>wants white coach

ur worthless piece of shit

td4mvp2k
06-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Suk a dik OP

midnightpulp
06-12-2014, 03:10 AM

You go to 4chan?

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Calm the Fuck down Kool.
When it's time to panic I will let you know.
You sound like Jules in Pulp Fiction .., calling Marcellus all frantic.

Raven
06-12-2014, 06:05 AM
what a great fanbase :lol quits the team based on coach hiring :lol don't know if i ever heard of that :lol

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 06:31 AM
what a great fanbase :lol quits the team based on coach hiring :lol don't know if i ever heard of that :lol
Every decision wrong? Kool was the main Lakers supporter of the Howard trade then he was happy we let him go ...now all of the decisions are wrong? Make up your mind.

ambchang
06-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Classic weaselling technique.

You know what the team won't do (hire JVG), so you put out an ultimatum saying that you want the team to hire JVG. When the team doesn't, you quit on your team and go bandwagon another dominant team, such as the Heat and try to live vicariously through them.

Raven
06-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Every decision wrong? Kool was the main Lakers supporter of the Howard trade then he was happy we let him go ...now all of the decisions are wrong? Make up your mind.
It's simple really, you may or may not agree with what your team does, but you cannot quit on the team. Then again thats hard to a fanbase that cheers to be cool..

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 07:34 AM

shut the fuck up....every gotdam sports writer in America thought it was a good trade.... Dwight in Bynum out...no one knew Dwight would meltdown the way he did...no one knew his IQ really was as low as a high schoolers, no one knew he had no desire to improve his FT shooting, just like no one knew he was on some Pedo shit until recently....every single fucking coaching decision to date has been BAD BAD and BAD....and if they can't see that JVG is the best and most influential person for the job then fuck off....what the fuck does Kurt Rambis or Byron Scott get you...it's their fucking dream job....ISO ball this late in your career is a NO GO...they already fucked up the Kobe contract situation....now they want to let him continue ISO ball until he's 38...get the fuck outta here...Kobe should be looking to adjust the final yrs of his career...before he got hurt his numbers proved he was still the best 2 guard in the league and no one not even at age 34 could guard him 1 on 1...but you're not going to get players to commit unless you play with an Olympic style mindset.

What the fuck good is cap space when no one will sign or folks are not going to leave their team unless Kobe can sell them....it's simple...get Jeff Van Gundy he's a defensive minded coach who knows offense....he has credibility with the players around the league and he brings excitement and confidence as a coach....sign Melo no matter how much he and Kobe over lap...trade the pick for Love....resign Gasol throw peanuts at Bynum, resign Swaggy P and pick up Ariza...and we're back in the finals...if you're gonna drop 50 mill on Kobe...then fuck it..go for broke

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
It's simple really, you may or may not agree with what your team does, but you cannot quit on the team. Then again thats hard to a fanbase that cheers to be cool..

watch me quit....if they hire anyone but JVG..then fuck em...it will be a waste of my support...once Fredo is gone I'll be back on board...I still got 5 rings out of it :hat

ambchang
06-12-2014, 07:45 AM

You know what the team won't do (hire JVG), so you put out an ultimatum saying that you want the team to hire JVG. When the team doesn't, you quit on your team and go bandwagon another dominant team, such as the Heat and try to live vicariously through them.

watch me quit....if they hire anyone but JVG..then fuck em...it will be a waste of my support...once Fredo is gone I'll be back on board...I still got 5 rings out of it :hat

Confirmed.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 07:59 AM
shut the fuck up....every gotdam sports writer in America thought it was a good trade.... Dwight in Bynum out...no one knew Dwight would meltdown the way he did...no one knew his IQ really was as low as a high schoolers, no one knew he had no desire to improve his FT shooting, just like no one knew he was on some Pedo shit until recently....every single fucking coaching decision to date has been BAD BAD and BAD....and if they can't see that JVG is the best and most influential person for the job then fuck off....what the fuck does Kurt Rambis or Byron Scott get you...it's their fucking dream job....ISO ball this late in your career is a NO GO...they already fucked up the Kobe contract situation....now they want to let him continue ISO ball until he's 38...get the fuck outta here...Kobe should be looking to adjust the final yrs of his career...before he got hurt his numbers proved he was still the best 2 guard in the league and no one not even at age 34 could guard him 1 on 1...but you're not going to get players to commit unless you play with an Olympic style mindset.

What the fuck good is cap space when no one will sign or folks are not going to leave their team unless Kobe can sell them....it's simple...get Jeff Van Gundy he's a defensive minded coach who knows offense....he has credibility with the players around the league and he brings excitement and confidence as a coach....sign Melo no matter how much he and Kobe over lap...trade the pick for Love....resign Gasol throw peanuts at Bynum, resign Swaggy P and pick up Ariza...and we're back in the finals...if you're gonna drop 50 mill on Kobe...then fuck it..go for broke
I hear some good points, but you cannot determine decision making based solely on end results. I agree on coaching we screwed the pooch and tbh would rather have a up and comer like Stevens over Scott or even JVG, tbh but I agree JVG is better.
But Nash, Howard were hailed by many at the time just because it didn't work out doesn't make it bad. I didn't love it but had no idea we would implode.
Spur fan I have to admit is right we won a chip only 4 years ago and wanna quit? Do you give up on a dime playing hard to get that easy? Or on degree after a bad grade on a paper or test? So what you gonna join the Heat bandwagon? The real Lakers die hards don't buckle like some bitchass nicca new to this. Only good part of losing is getting rid of the barnacles and leeches amongst our fan base.

Clipper Nation
06-12-2014, 08:01 AM

In fairness, when it comes to quitting on his team, Capri learned from the best :lol

ambchang
06-12-2014, 08:06 AM
In fairness, when it comes to quitting on his team, Capri learned from the best :lol

True. Only difference is that when he's throwing a laker under the bus (Fredo), nobody will care and post a YouTube video.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Lol Kool, I like JVG but how does he bring excitement? And his best defensive teams recently had tibbs running it not him. Good coach but there is no quick fix here. We ain't ringing anytime soon. Kobe will be stuck at 5 Kool and Timmy probably gonna catch him ...get over it. We have bigger issues which you pointed to. But you gotta get over dat Kobe helped deliver 5 just like Magic his job is done just enjoy whatever he has left.

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
I hear some good points, but you cannot determine decision making based solely on end results. I agree on coaching we screwed the pooch and tbh would rather have a up and comer like Stevens over Scott or even JVG, tbh but I agree JVG is better.
But Nash, Howard were hailed by many at the time just because it didn't work out doesn't make it bad. I didn't love it but had no idea we would implode.
Spur fan I have to admit is right we won a chip only 4 years ago and wanna quit? Do you give up on a dime playing hard to get that easy? Or on degree after a bad grade on a paper or test? So what you gonna join the Heat bandwagon? The real Lakers die hards don't buckle like some bitchass nicca new to this. Only good part of losing is getting rid of the barnacles and leeches amongst our fan base.

Hey numnuts it's all about end results. I guess you don't get it...the theme or pattern is for Fredo to make bad decisions. I guess Magic is a bitchass nigga too for withdrawing his support.
I guess Kobe's famous trade me rant which netted him 2 more titles also makes him a bitchass nigga.

The only barnacle and leech I see is a dude like you with no fucking backbone and spine whatsoever. You're nothing but a whitewashed man pleaser. Scared to stand up and say what you mean.....As usual I'm right and you're clearly wrong..maybe if enough people like me spoke out it would force Fredo into common sense thinking.

Holla back son.

ambchang
06-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey numnuts it's all about end results. I guess you don't get it...the theme or pattern is for Fredo to make bad decisions. I guess Magic is a bitchass nigga too for withdrawing his support.
I guess Kobe's famous trade me rant which netted him 2 more titles also makes him a bitchass nigga.

The only barnacle and leech I see is a dude like you with no fucking backbone and spine whatsoever. You're nothing but a whitewashed man pleaser. Scared to stand up and say what you mean.....As usual I'm right and you're clearly wrong..maybe if enough people like me spoke out it would force Fredo into common sense thinking.

Holla back son.

:lol acting like Magic ceased becoming a Laker fan and was "done with them". Magic called out bad management, he NEVER EVER said he will cease his Laker fandom.

Kobe, on the other hand, is exactly as you described, biting that hand that fed him.

Clipper Nation
06-12-2014, 09:14 AM
It does, tbh....

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 09:14 AM

Holla back son.
Did I strike a nerve?
Magic is my GOAT PG and all-time favorite Laker but is a shitty fan and like you was on board with some of Fredo's decisions and now blames him for everything. Cully already spoke to this before he left but you don't listen. Who do I need to please? Amb dmc and CN talk shit to me for various reasons. Idgaf, I just respect great ball. If that makes me less of a fan to you Fuck you. I'm a damn Cowboys fan mY owner does dumb shit too. But I don't quit because of it I stopped attending games in person and refuse to buy gear that is how I show dissatisfaction not by quitting. But to each his own. You want to cliff jump like the Spurs fans upstairs or Heat fans in Game 6 go ahead.

Also great job of using Kobe's rant as an example not his finest moment even if he is my 2nd favorite Lakers besides you ain't no Kobe Bryant sir ...I know Kobe and you are no Kobe Bryant!!

MultiTroll
06-12-2014, 09:22 AM
http://www.everythingaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/c77a1659-2397-4d19-a48c-1d68f45b1825_412x232.jpg
I'm done if i don't done.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Did I strike a nerve?
Magic is my GOAT PG and all-time favorite Laker but is a shitty fan and like you was on board with some of Fredo's decisions and now blames him for everything. Cully already spoke to this before he left but you don't listen. Who do I need to please? Amb dmc and CN talk shit to me for various reasons. Idgaf, I just respect great ball. If that makes me less of a fan to you Fuck you. I'm a damn Cowboys fan mY owner does dumb shit too. But I don't quit because of it I stopped attending games in person and refuse to buy gear that is how I show dissatisfaction not by quitting. But to each his own. You want to cliff jump like the Spurs fans upstairs or Heat fans in Game 6 go ahead.

Also great job of using Kobe's rant as an example not his finest moment even if he is my 2nd favorite Lakers besides you ain't no Kobe Bryant sir ...I know Kobe and you are no Kobe Bryant!!

u do know his a kobe fan first, the laker fan last right? just like if a ho tells him to pull out and go finish it off in the bathroom, he do the same thing...

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Did I strike a nerve?

I've been waiting to get into it with your bitchass. ..you're so fucking stupid till you can't even see that not going to games and not buying gear is the same as quitting. So you will sit at home with your big fucking pot belly and cheer but not support in any other way. You just don't fucking get it dude....I quit but I still show my support by my dissension.

I still buy Kobe sneakers but you don't buy Cowboys anything...that makes you the biggest front running faggot of all time. You lick LeBrons dick constantly and you always running up on Jims nuts....you're a much bigger barnacle that I ever could be. Besides you're just plain wrong....

I'm a man of convenience. ..if I don't like a situation it's my right to bail as I see fit...same thing Magic and Kobe did. I just don't care if I take pride in welching what makes you think I care about quitting to affect change....I'm a pioneer son you're just simpleton fan.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I've been waiting to get into it with your bitchass. ..you're so fucking stupid till you can't even see that not going to games and not buying gear is the same as quitting. So you will sit at home with your big fucking pot belly and cheer but not support in any other way. You just don't fucking get it dude....I quit but I still show my support by my dissension.

I still buy Kobe sneakers but you don't buy Cowboys anything...that makes you the biggest front running faggot of all time. You lick LeBrons dick constantly and you always running up on Jims nuts....you're a much bigger barnacle that I ever could be. Besides you're just plain wrong....

I'm a man of convenience. ..if I don't like a situation it's my right to bail as I see fit...same thing Magic and Kobe did. I just don't care if I take pride in welching what makes you think I care about quitting to affect change....I'm a pioneer son you're just simpleton fan.

The fact you have been waiting for me shows how far I am above you. Going to games buying merchandise and concessions is straight profit. I don't give a shit what you say about how I choose my dissatisfaction. They won't see a dime until they improve but I will watch I will still support and talk shit. And tbh I don't care if you quit I was just telling you to chill. But if you don't have the stones to stay part of Lakernation ...leave. I hope you don't leave the site cuz I find you amusing but I don't plan to be here as often very soon. But I don't quit wasn't raised that way I don't have it in me ...

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 10:35 AM
I really should give you my name because Spur fan is right you a Kobe fan first ...

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I really should give you my name because Spur fan is right you a Kobe fan first ...

In your eyes Spur fag is always right. I'm a winner is what I am...Don't kid yourself these fucking Spur fans are only fans because prior to the Spurs first title they had nothing to do but cruise the dirty ass river walk looking for mexican hood rats. Once the Spurs rang it gave those vato's a reason to be somebody. In other words they only support the Spurs because they have 4 chips...you're a front running fan because of 1990s
Cowboy winning nostalgia....our Fandom is determined by winning....if not it means you're just a fucking loser all the way around. CLIPPER NATION is a prime example of a lifelong loser. He got so fed up with it till he openly declared his love for LeBron and for Duncan. ..he wanted to be aligned with a winner because he didn't know what it felt like...same with Malik Hairston he's a knick fan who hopped on LeBrons Disney for a nice smooth ride....

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 11:07 AM
In your eyes Spur fag is always right. I'm a winner is what I am...Don't kid yourself these fucking Spur fans are only fans because prior to the Spurs first title they had nothing to do but cruise the dirty ass river walk looking for mexican hood rats. Once the Spurs rang it gave those vato's a reason to be somebody. In other words they only support the Spurs because they have 4 chips...you're a front running fan because of 1990s
Cowboy winning nostalgia....our Fandom is determined by winning....if not it means you're just a fucking loser all the way around. CLIPPER NATION is a prime example of a lifelong loser. He got so fed up with it till he openly declared his love for LeBron and for Duncan. ..he wanted to be aligned with a winner because he didn't know what it felt like...same with Malik Hairston he's a knick fan who hopped on LeBrons Disney for a nice smooth ride....

What happened between 1988-1999? We sucked but then we were good but couldn't ring. I never gave up did I miss a few games back then? Sure but I never wavered. Didn't become a Bulls fan though I did have an affair with the GP/Kemp Sonics. And when we rang in 2000 I was at that parade and it was soooo much sweeter. If you leave in the down years it means less , we value what we fight and struggle for.

LkrFan
06-12-2014, 11:27 AM
You go to 4chan?

No. One of the posters on ST posted about it about a year or so ago (m> s?). Curious, I clicked the link. I read some foul shit there. One their catchphrases was "muh dick".

Ignorant site at best. I can't believe people think like that. What is this, 1892?

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 11:29 AM
ur worthless piece of shit

Don't make me rev up my ovens schlomo

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Oy vey, go tell the Simon Wiesenthal center :cry

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 11:45 AM
What happened between 1988-1999? We sucked but then we were good but couldn't ring. I never gave up did I miss a few games back then? Sure but I never wavered. Didn't become a Bulls fan though I did have an affair with the GP/Kemp Sonics. And when we rang in 2000 I was at that parade and it was soooo much sweeter. If you leave in the down years it means less , we value what we fight and struggle for.

I really don't give a shit about 1988-99 because I've evolved over time in my views and thinking....but at least we had a team...at least we had great ownership...at least we had talent in the Pipeline...we have nothing now thanks to Fredo....I don't value what we fight and struggle for when it's born out sheer drunken and bartender stupidity....I don't value Chaz's input...I don't value Fredo's decision making....Fredo and Mitch playing mind games with Phil and then switching from Potato Head to Pringles at the the last minute....all this shit is downright comical....they don't think strategically and obviously can't evaluate a situation like West did. The only thing I give Fredo credit for is trying by bringing in Nash and Dwight but it's his job to think strategically and he's failing miserably...Fredo is waiting on ESPN to tell him what he should do next...and maybe that's not a bad thing compared to listening to own inner voice....It's not Rocket science here..on what basis would you hire a Byron Scott over JVG? this means the guy doesn't have clue and will never get one....the Lakers are doomed....Mitch is just a yes man at this point...maybe he's also now taking drinks from the mixologist Chaz

Clipper Nation
06-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Capri is a quitter and bandwagonerPERIOD

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Capri is a quitter, bandwagoner, Welcher and WinnerPERIOD

FIFY

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 01:07 PM
I really don't give a shit about 1988-99 because I've evolved over time in my views and thinking....but at least we had a team...at least we had great ownership...at least we had talent in the Pipeline...we have nothing now thanks to Fredo....I don't value what we fight and struggle for when it's born out sheer drunken and bartender stupidity....I don't value Chaz's input...I don't value Fredo's decision making....Fredo and Mitch playing mind games with Phil and then switching from Potato Head to Pringles at the the last minute....all this shit is downright comical....they don't think strategically and obviously can't evaluate a situation like West did. The only thing I give Fredo credit for is trying by bringing in Nash and Dwight but it's his job to think strategically and he's failing miserably...Fredo is waiting on ESPN to tell him what he should do next...and maybe that's not a bad thing compared to listening to own inner voice....It's not Rocket science here..on what basis would you hire a Byron Scott over JVG? this means the guy doesn't have clue and will never get one....the Lakers are doomed....Mitch is just a yes man at this point...maybe he's also now taking drinks from the mixologist Chaz

Amusing wrong at times but always amusing.

ambchang
06-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Getting called out because the motivation was so ridiculously clear but not having the guts to even acknowledge.

Then go off on KB81, which by all measures is a reasonable fan, the first chance you got to further try to legitimize your spineless views.

Then proclaim that you are right and everybody else is wrong.

The under lying reason is, you are in a no win situation, and you know it. You have set up Kobe as an infallible figure over the years using absolutely twisted arguments, but now those arguments won't even hold up. Lebron has already surpassed Kobe, so has Duncan, and no matter who wins this year, the separation is only going to be bigger.

So you come in and try to back peddle, feigning to be some kind of Laker fan who is fed up with the losing of the team.

All in all, you think that people will be boiled up about you refusing to eat your crow because of your spineless behaviour, when the truth is nobody cares about what you think all along.

What a fail of a human being.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Getting called out because the motivation was so ridiculously clear but not having the guts to even acknowledge.

Then go off on KB81, which by all measures is a reasonable fan, the first chance you got to further try to legitimize your spineless views.

Then proclaim that you are right and everybody else is wrong.

The under lying reason is, you are in a no win situation, and you know it. You have set up Kobe as an infallible figure over the years using absolutely twisted arguments, but now those arguments won't even hold up. Lebron has already surpassed Kobe, so has Duncan, and no matter who wins this year, the separation is only going to be bigger.

So you come in and try to back peddle, feigning to be some kind of Laker fan who is fed up with the losing of the team.

All in all, you think that people will be boiled up about you refusing to eat your crow because of your spineless behaviour, when the truth is nobody cares about what you think all along.

What a fail of a human being.

I know we have been through this dance but I do not agree he has already surpassed Kobe, to me it's still close. But I will admit if Duncan rangs #5 (whether Finals MVP or not) I would have to concede that Duncan is better. I do not think it's as clear cut as some have said whether he rings or not. But with 5 rings plus the 3 fiinals MVP's I would have to give Duncan the nod. And then we wont have to have any debates unless it is to argue how "close" it is which I still maintain.

But would be silly for me to argue that today with Duncan a key piece of a team two games away from a title and Kobe the leader of a sinking ship. So please lets not go there today we can discuss after Timmy rings ...if he does.

Back to the Finals ... I expect great games from Duncan and Lebron tonight.

unforeseen
06-12-2014, 02:34 PM

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Amusing wrong at times but always amusing.

You're not gangsta playa. .still a simp try again.

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 02:49 PM
I know we have been through this dance but I do not agree he has already surpassed Kobe, to me it's still close. But I will admit if Duncan rangs #5 (whether Finals MVP or not) I would have to concede that Duncan is better. I do not think it's as clear cut as some have said whether he rings or not. But with 5 rings plus the 3 fiinals MVP's I would have to give Duncan the nod. And then we wont have to have any debates unless it is to argue how "close" it is which I still maintain.

But would be silly for me to argue that today with Duncan a key piece of a team two games away from a title and Kobe the leader of a sinking ship. So please lets not go there today we can discuss after Timmy rings ...if he does.

Like I said you're nothing but muthafucking simp...Kobe been had 5 but now all of sudden Tammys better...grow a pair faggot.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Like I said you're nothing but muthafucking simp...Kobe been had 5 but now all of sudden Tammys better...grow a pair faggot.

You sound like a freaking fanboi, I have PS4 so xbone sucks! Both Kobe LeBron Duncan are great players. I think Kobe has a slight edge on Tim tough to argue vs LeBron if he keeps ringing.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 03:53 PM

So honestly you do not think it is close? If Tim has 5 rings, one less finals but the playoff record for double doubles how can you argue it's not at least close.
SO if it was close before and Timmy ties him in rings he will have a very strong case. Like I said to me it will always be close. Personally I favor Kobe but tough to argue facts.

spurraider21
06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
So honestly you do not think it is close? If Tim has 5 rings, one less finals but the playoff record for double doubles how can you argue it's not at least close.
SO if it was close before and Timmy ties him in rings he will have a very strong case. Like I said to me it will always be close. Personally I favor Kobe but tough to argue facts.
at this point the argument is ring count + ppg + all star mvp's for team kirbs

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2014, 05:00 PM

Look here mane...let me hip you to some real nigga shit for a min....here's a fact for your ass....at no point in his career has Timmy been forced to show his athleticism and play straight up like a man....this nigga here is a straight system playa who's played for the same coach his entire career and has never had the privilege of playing on a bad team....a lazy, unmotivated fat ass Shaq was his best competition. When Kobe had no help he showed just how fucking amazing and talented he was whereas Duncan has always been hidden by the system....Duncan has moments but he's never had to really work for a gotdam thing...niggas were drafted and brought into the leauge for the sole purpose of handling the Kobe assignment.....Compare Kobe's competition night in and night out over the years and it's not even close why Kobe is better than the Shrek wannabe.....it's always easy to put up nice stats and shit when you don't have to work for that shit...all you have to do is wait in the fucking paint for the ball to be thrown to you....you don't have to create shit off the dribble or off the ball...just sit in the paint and kick it back out....a blind man can do that shit....Duncan is not special.....in fact Hakeem said it best:

Well, the two guard is the toughest position, the most athletic position. The average two would be a superstar at the four or five position with the skill set. So, for someone to dominate at the most difficult, the hardest position, it’s just something else. Both what set Kobe and Michael apart was that they were too big for most 2’s, and too mobile for most 3’s, so they have the advantage over most everybody. Very, very seldom do you find a player that matches up with them. If they’re as tall, they don’t have the same athletic ability or skills. Of course, it’s not just about having those physical advantages. The confidence and desire about their ability that they have, you can’t teach. It’s just a gift.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/110129kobehakeem.html

Go learn something lil nigga you not on my level....

ambchang
06-13-2014, 05:45 AM

You make absolutely no sense now and is grabbing at straws

Duncan and Kobe were close back in 2010 AFTER Kobe won back to back and Duncan just got cucked. The last few years have given them a much larger separation. Kobe's have nothing on Duncan except points, which is one of MANY stats and Duncan has him best in almost everything else.

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 06:18 AM
You make absolutely no sense now and is grabbing at straws

Duncan and Kobe were close back in 2010 AFTER Kobe won back to back and Duncan just got cucked. The last few years have given them a much larger separation. Kobe's have nothing on Duncan except points, which is one of MANY stats and Duncan has him best in almost everything else.

No argument on the matter like I said after 5 tough for me to make that case I only argue it's close. You disagree? Shocker ...But that us for another time. Still shocked Spurs blowing out the Kang at home ...impressive.
Maybe you just like to argue but you one game away from ending that debate. Yes some of you will argue that Duncan had already surpassed but in your heart of hearts you knew Tim needed this outside this forum to make that case. It's fine. This is a Spur moment ...Who cares how close me or someone else sees it? Can't you just savor the victory Amb?

DMC
06-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Ceds pulling crab pots on a record haul ITT.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
^ hey DMC, if you ever retire from spurstalk I hope you can bequeath your account to me, it'll be a huge incentive for me to work hard at school, encouraging me to pursue a Doctorate's degree. And I'll then give a new meaning to "DMC"- Dr. Mark Celibate.

ambchang
06-13-2014, 09:40 AM
No argument on the matter like I said after 5 tough for me to make that case I only argue it's close. You disagree? Shocker ...But that us for another time. Still shocked Spurs blowing out the Kang at home ...impressive.
Maybe you just like to argue but you one game away from ending that debate. Yes some of you will argue that Duncan had already surpassed but in your heart of hearts you knew Tim needed this outside this forum to make that case. It's fine. This is a Spur moment ...Who cares how close me or someone else sees it? Can't you just savor the victory Amb?

The point of the argument isn't Duncan >Kobe. The point is that it's absolutely idiotic to judge individuals on the basis of rings. Duncan > Kobe even without the 2007 ring. Kobe gets massively overrated with his accomplishments.

From an advanced statistics standpoint, his contributions to the 3 peat was clearly less than shaq and yet his contribution to the repeat was about equal to MVPau.

People also ignore his three years as the lone top dog from 05-07. He failed miserably. Duncan as the lone dog from 2000 to 2004 net them 50 win seasons and a ring.

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 11:04 AM
The point of the argument isn't Duncan >Kobe. The point is that it's absolutely idiotic to judge individuals on the basis of rings. Duncan > Kobe even without the 2007 ring. Kobe gets massively overrated with his accomplishments.

From an advanced statistics standpoint, his contributions to the 3 peat was clearly less than shaq and yet his contribution to the repeat was about equal to MVPau.

People also ignore his three years as the lone top dog from 05-07. He failed miserably. Duncan as the lone dog from 2000 to 2004 net them 50 win seasons and a ring.

Yawn. No need to rehash we know where you stand. DOes duncan's lessor contributions this go round make Duncan's pending 5th invalid? No.
Yes we know shaq was more valuable to the 3peat?
Kobe was still valuable just like Duncan still is or Kareem was at the end of his run. No rings are not ALL that matters ... but they matter a whole lot. When Duncan gets his fifth he not only passes shaq but he has two more than Bird, 3 more than Hakeem and Isiah. Same as Kobe and Magic and one less than Kareem and Jordan. That is what matters most. (no Horry does not factor here or any other role player no matter how significant)

You can take all the other stuff away but nothing is more important than Duncan being a key factor on 5 titles. Magic and Kobe is great company. You can argue based on career length he may be greater than Magic ... (I disagree based on league impact and the fact it took more mins and games to break Magic's double double record.)

I would say his Finals MVP's plus rings may give him the edge over Kobe. But either way it's elite company but again I dont see the point of arguing it now.
Tim is making a strong argument with his play this season and a ring may just about end it.

ambchang
06-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Yawn. No need to rehash we know where you stand. DOes duncan's lessor contributions this go round make Duncan's pending 5th invalid? Yes we know shaq was more valuable to the 3peat? No.
Kobe was still valuable just like Duncan still is or Kareem was at the end of his run. No rings are not ALL that matters ... but they matter a whole lot. When Duncan gets his fifth he not only passes shaq but he has two more than Bird, 3 more than Hakeem and Isiah. Same as Kobe and Magic and one less than Kareem and Jordan. That is what matters most. (no Horry does not factor here or any other role player no matter how significant)

You can take all the other stuff away but nothing is more important than Duncan being a key factor on 5 titles. Magic and Kobe is great company. You can argue based on career length he may be greater than Magic ... (I disagree based on league impact and the fact it took more mins and games to break Magic's double double record.)

I would say his Finals MVP's plus rings may give him the edge over Kobe. But either way it's elite company but again I dont see the point of arguing it now.
Tim is making a strong argument with his play this season and a ring may just about end it.

Duncan vs magic is difficult. Magic saved the league and that's something Duncan can never do.

As for rings, let's put it this way. If Duncan does ring this year, Lebron would still be the best player in the game despite the loss. Right? Now that in itself shows that the best player does not necessarily ring, so how can you possibly extrapolate that and say whosever has more rings is the better player?

Teams matter, coaches matter, and the opposition matters.

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Duncan vs magic is difficult. Magic saved the league and that's something Duncan can never do.

As for rings, let's put it this way. If Duncan does ring this year, Lebron would still be the best player in the game despite the loss. Right? Now that in itself shows that the best player does not necessarily ring, so how can you possibly extrapolate that and say whosever has more rings is the better player?

Teams matter, coaches matter, and the opposition matters.

Of course it does. But the GOATS still ring multiple times when given adequate support ...that is what makes them great.
Malone for example had a HOF team-mate(s) and coach(s) and still failed.
Lebron is at his best a greater player than Tim. But at 5-2 of course you can make a case that TIm is the greater player.
Greatness is what you REPEATEDLY do. Only few have done THAT as much or more than Tim, Magic Kobe.
And those guys are Kareem, MJ and Russell. Is BR greater than Tim? I never saw him play so I have no clue. I would not say so JUST off rings.
However I saw MJ and Magic saw them ring and play from early on they are in my opinion greater. Kobe and Tim are close TO ME. With 5 I can definitely understand and agree with Tim>Kobe.
But those that act like that 5 doesnt matter just dont get how much winning means team sport or not ...how can the ultimate goal not matter for the game's greatest players?
YOu dont get it But you will see soon.

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2014, 02:58 PM
So Killanot is Duncan better than Magic who has 5 rings....:lol

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 03:20 PM
So Killanot is Duncan better than Magic who has 5 rings....:lol

Duncan still needs one more ring.
Like I said it is very close but I would probably give Tim the edge but Kobe is not done either at least as a player ...I doubt he rings again.
Magic Like Amb said not only helped save the League ...but made the Finals what 9 out of 11 years?

ambchang
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Of course it does. But the GOATS still ring multiple times when given adequate support ...that is what makes them great.
Malone for example had a HOF team-mate(s) and coach(s) and still failed.
Lebron is at his best a greater player than Tim. But at 5-2 of course you can make a case that TIm is the greater player.
Greatness is what you REPEATEDLY do. Only few have done THAT as much or more than Tim, Magic Kobe.
And those guys are Kareem, MJ and Russell. Is BR greater than Tim? I never saw him play so I have no clue. I would not say so JUST off rings.
However I saw MJ and Magic saw them ring and play from early on they are in my opinion greater. Kobe and Tim are close TO ME. With 5 I can definitely understand and agree with Tim>Kobe.
But those that act like that 5 doesnt matter just dont get how much winning means team sport or not ...how can the ultimate goal not matter for the game's greatest players?
YOu dont get it But you will see soon.

With the right circumstances a great player will ring, but the number does not matter. Being on a great team for multiple seasons will obviously get you more chances at a ring vs someone who does not have that chance (see Dirk).

Superstar are easier to build around, but they still has to be built around. Hakeem would be tingles without tomjonavich's system, but that wouldn't make him a lesser player. Kobe in Charlotte will met him zero rings, but that wouldn't make him a lesser player. Duncan without pop, MJ without Phil, and you can go on and on. You put Duncan in Milwaukee and he gets nothing even though he may put up more impressive numbers, but it's still the same player.

As for Malone, he's just a pedophile who deserves to rot in hell.

Finally, I get winning is the most important thing but it holds very little water to evaluate an individual.

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Duncan still needs one more ring.
Like I said it is very close but I would probably give Tim the edge but Kobe is not done either at least as a player ...I doubt he rings again.
Magic Like Amb said not only helped save the League ...but made the Finals what 9 out of 11 years?

Ohh so we have bullshit qualifiers now...you guys are so full of Spin till it ain't even funny....so let me ask is Tammy better than Bird...I've never seen so much spin to justify a clearly debunked viewpoint in my life...

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Ohh so we have bullshit qualifiers now...you guys are so full of Spin till it ain't even funny....so let me ask is Tammy better than Bird...I've never seen so much spin to justify a clearly debunked viewpoint in my life...

Im gonna say yes I would take Tim over Bird but there are even some Spur fans that disagree.
I do think despite teh ring differential it's fairly close because of Bird's impact and dominance over a short while but I would say yes Tim is greater than Larry Legend.

Which gets back to my original point. When you are talking about the VERY BEST of the best. How else will you settle this? Points? MvP's? Finals MVP's? Raw numbers? Advanced metrics? Bottom line is they are ALL great players and for me IF IT IS CLOSE rings are the tie breaker.

Some argue Bird and Tim aren't close then it wouldnt matter (same for Duncan/Kobe by poeple on both sides of that argument) but I think all those players are close: Magic, Kobe duncan, Lebron and Bird. So ring count should matter.

Im actually bored on this subject. for me Bird vs. Lebron is a better debate. Same position. Similar unselfish games but right now Bird has him beat where it matters most ...ring count. And don't give me that Bird played with HOF players excuse, because Bird had tougher competition and Lebron has HOF team-mates as well.

The Batman
08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/micholjordonm8zsx.gif

unforeseen
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
OP is a faggot.

Mao Zedong
09-07-2014, 04:58 AM
So, honourable posters, now that the resident wigger stopped being a Lakers fans, I request everyone joins me in asking the esteemed administrators on this forum to change his preferred team to any other but the Lakers. I recommend the Toronto Raports.