PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Grantland article: The Spurs Pressre Cooker

ambchang
06-12-2014, 08:15 AM
It’s the nature of the business to parcel out credit and blame: Who left Kawhi Leonard open for that corner 3? Whose fault is it that Tiago Splitter just lofted an easy layup over the front of the rim (because Splitter, even if he were 9 feet tall, would not dunk)? CONTINUE --> (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-went-there-the-spurs-pressure-cooker/)

Good article by Zach Lowe.

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Good stuff pop the best in the biz.

Dex
06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Some interesting tidbits:

Miami has turned the ball over on 19.9 percent of its possessions in this series, a number that would have been the worst in the league for the season by a mile. They are usually the team causing turnover issues; ask Ginobili about last year’s Finals. It is hard to win while losing the turnover battle to the league’s most polished offensive team.

I doubt this continues at this pace, but good indicator that Spurs' defense has disrupted Miami.

Spurs officials said Leonard asked out of the podium treatment. He has had one podium game this playoffs, so it’s not as if he’s unfamiliar with it. If he plays this well again, I’m not sure he’ll have a choice.

Is it possible that Kawhi is actually more quiet than Tim?

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
after game 3, kawhis stats for the finals is near same as last year

gnsf0946
06-12-2014, 10:45 AM
after game 3, kawhis stats for the finals is near same as last year

he's averaging 3 rebounds this year vs. 11 last year but I guess that has to do with how we defend Lebron

Seventyniner
06-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Is it possible that Kawhi is actually more quiet than Tim?

Not just possible, it's true.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
he's averaging 3 rebounds this year vs. 11 last year but I guess that has to do with how we defend Lebron

i expect someone on the spurs to be in foul trouble, fouled out or not taken out of the game with the phantom calls....

Dex
06-12-2014, 11:01 AM

IMO Pop has him focusing on getting back in transition instead of crashing the boards.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 11:05 AM
IMO Pop has him focusing on getting back in transition instead of crashing the boards.

2nd chance points are killing the spurs, if his not crashing the boards, then those other clowns need to be crashin the boards but they arent...

allowing a tosb wade to grab 2nd chances is fail effort on the other 4 idiots

benefactor
06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
High quality stuff from Lowe. Thanks for posting it.