PDA

View Full Version : steven ass smith

bob bass sucks
06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
He just took a shot at our city on first take!!

200 miles
06-12-2014, 10:48 AM
He just took a shot at our city on first take!!

He just sat there and had the audacity to say that the Spurs threw away the 96-97 season to get Timmy.

Such blatant disrespect.

spursparker9
06-12-2014, 10:49 AM
:lol He sure is getting desperate

Jimcs50
06-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Stop being so sensitive. BFD.

Do you really care what he thinks?

Gervin44Silas13
06-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I want to meet him....and bust his mouth with a 2x4 full of rusted spikes!!!!

06-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I agree that they did after Robinson went down after his sixth game played.

However, the Spurs "tanking" didn't appear quite as deliberate as what the Celtics pulled in an attempt to get the first pick.

CosmicCowboy
06-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Of course we tanked. Rigged the ping pong balls to screw the Celtics too.

spursparker9
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2014/06/03/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-ruined-perfectly-good-food-got-chance-draft-tim-duncan/

Pop dropped his burger when he learnt that he got the 1st pick :lol

daslicer
06-12-2014, 10:54 AM
I haven't watched ESPN in years and a large part of it is due to having a bunch of loony nutcases such as Stephen A. You shouldn't take anything about what they have to say seriously. ESPN for the last 10-12 years has transformed into an Hollywood tabloid type of network.

EVAY
06-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I haven't watched ESPN in years and a large part of it is due to having a bunch of loony nutcases such as Stephen A. You shouldn't take anything about what they have to say seriously. ESPN for the last 10-12 years has transformed into an Hollywood tabloid type of network.

this.

Budkin
06-12-2014, 11:00 AM
I can't wait to hear the crickets if we win it all.

200 miles
06-12-2014, 11:08 AM
So everyone believes that a way-over-the-hill Dominique Wilkins-led Spurs (sans the Admiral, the Little General, Ninja, the Rifleman and Del Negro) had the capability to win more than 20 games? Interesting.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
The last time I can honestly say ESPN was good was in 2003. PTI was awesome, Around the Horn was good and the TMZ days of the network were nowhere in sight. Now, everything is so sensationalized and their website has some of the worst click-bait of all time. I've started using Bleacher Report almost exclusively to read sports news. Damn shame

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2014, 11:16 AM
He just sat there and had the audacity to say that the Spurs threw away the 96-97 season to get Timmy.

Such blatant disrespect.

That's a shot at a private basketball team, The Spurs, not the city of San Antonio.

Beaverfuzz
06-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Who gives a shit what that no-talent assclown says or thinks? Ignore him and he'll go away.

Beaverfuzz
06-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Stop being so sensitive. BFD.

Do you really care what he thinks?

Exactly.

MeloHype
06-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Screaming A. Smith is a dumbass

Arc
06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
i find it funny how he keeps saying shit like the heat didn't show up for game 3. when they shot 51% from the field, 47% from 3.. the only negative on them that night is the 20 turnovers. minus the turnovers, if you play a game like that, you usually win. the spurs were just superior that night. but that dumbass stephen a thinks from the start that miami is the better team, and should win every single game otherwise they're just not trying hard enough.

spurs are the better team this series. if they lose, it's because lebron is just that fucking good. period.

boutons_deux
06-12-2014, 11:25 AM
crazy pissed off n!gg@ schtick was old many years ago

fucker's a clown

200 miles
06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
i find it funny how he keeps saying shit like the heat didn't show up for game 3. when they shot 51% from the field, 47% from 3.. the only negative on them that night is the 20 turnovers. minus the turnovers, if you play a game like that, you usually win. the spurs were just superior that night. but that dumbass stephen a thinks from the start that miami is the better team, and should win every single game otherwise they're just not trying hard enough.

spurs are the better team this series. if they lose, it's because lebron is just that fucking good. period.

Don't forget the refs giving him a boost by racking up fouls on whomever is guarding him (poor Kawhi).

Leetonidas
06-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Sensitive Spurfan :lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-12-2014, 11:34 AM
So everyone believes that a way-over-the-hill Dominique Wilkins-led Spurs (sans the Admiral, the Little General, Ninja, the Rifleman and Del Negro) had the capability to win more than 20 games? Interesting.

Chuck and Elliott missed over 50 games as well due to injuries. SAS is talking out of his ass. Sure the Spurs didn't care about winning, b/c they lost 4 of their 5 best players due to injury for most of the season.

It was just luck that a season like this would have happen for the Spurs with Duncan available.

benefactor
06-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Sensitive Spurfan :lol
:cry stop calling us fat
:cry we gonna name food after Barkley

scanry
06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
I think pretty soon every barbershop in America will be watching ESPN First Take. Them black folks like Skip tbh. He's turned into an antagonist.

johnpaulwall21
06-12-2014, 11:42 AM
and I still prefer him over skip bayless

Raven
06-12-2014, 11:44 AM
of course we tanked, so what?

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Well regardless I'm glad they did.....and this will always be a reporters go to each season. Oh so and so tanking. Is it any worse than three guys getting together and saying hey we should play together or the state the league is in now? If anything blame expansion for the shit we have to deal with

dbreiden83080
06-12-2014, 11:57 AM
First Take is unwatchable when the Heat are in the finals.. Some may argue it is unwatchable period but especially now.. I can stand it usually because Skip while a constant troll is a Spurs fans and sticks up for us but SAS is such a Hollywood D-Bag and can't stop kissing the ass of this Hollywood team.. And we get treated to every celebrity or pseudo celebrity around picking the Heat claiming to be Heat fans.. I tried watching this morning for about 20 min and it was nauseating.

Budkin
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
You know how much of a clown he is when he literally said before the series that the Spurs had "no chance" of winning. :lol Seriously?

dbreiden83080
06-12-2014, 12:02 PM

It's funny in the case of Stephen A because about 4 or 5 years ago ESPN was done with him.. Cancelled radio show, TV show and had demoted and ultimately fired him from all his roles as a so called analyst. Somehow he managed to creep his way back in and I think thanks to his friendship with Skip got the cushy First Take deal.. Roaches always survive I guess..

06-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Screaming A. smith rustling jimmies per par. He's said all year that the Spurs were a bad matchup for the Heat, and he's only switched his pick now to get people riled up.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Screaming A. smith rustling jimmies per par. He's said all year that the Spurs were a bad matchup for the Heat, and he's only switched his pick now to get people riled up.

He's got to kiss Lebron and Wade's ass or he'll be cut off. I at least respect Skip for putting the hammer down on Lebron when he deserves it..

Gervin44Silas13
06-12-2014, 12:22 PM
He deserves to get hit with a two by four ...I hope he gets Herpes from a $4 hooker in his mouth

DMC
06-12-2014, 12:23 PM
all that tank talk is just acknowledging how great Tim is. no one says that about charlotte and kobe.

spurspokesman
06-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I can't wait to hear the crickets if we win it all.

Can't wait to see the circus around them getting melo and which of the trio decides to leave to make room for him. Oh and to see the wagon heat fans just shut up.

daslicer
06-12-2014, 12:28 PM
It's funny in the case of Stephen A because about 4 or 5 years ago ESPN was done with him.. Cancelled radio show, TV show and had demoted and ultimately fired him from all his roles as a so called analyst. Somehow he managed to creep his way back in and I think thanks to his friendship with Skip got the cushy First Take deal.. Roaches always survive I guess..

Supposedly I heard that Stephen A had a radio show that was independent of ESPN that he did during the down years when he wasn't with ESPN. He used his radio show over a 3-4 year period to slowly build up his credibility. Also he was one of the first people to report that Lebron was going to Miami. It was right after the decision that ESPN brought him back. First Take is really a show that they are using to market towards the black audience. If you think about it Skip is portrayed and as the stupid senile white guy while Stephen A is portrayed as the black guy who is more knowledgeable about sports. Skip like one poster said is already known in the black community as a great antagonist because of First Take. This in itself generates ratings among that demographic. ESPN knew all this would happen when they created that crappy show.

bd_monster
06-12-2014, 12:30 PM
So what exactly did Stephen A say that was bad about San Antonio? Was it a Barkley style insult or just saying we cheated to get Timmeh?

mingus
06-12-2014, 12:40 PM
ESPN in general is fucked. The narrative they wrote for Lebron and the Heat--the Spurs have thrown a wrench in it. So basically every time the Spurs beat the Heat or have them on their heels they come up with some excuse for it. It's pathetic. When the Spurs win it's because "Lebron was gassed", when the Heat win it's because "Lebron is the GOAT". Like other media outlets they've gone from reporting facts to writing their own narrative.

Gervin44Silas13
06-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Fuck ESPN and The Mickey Mouse Network!

8FOR!3
06-12-2014, 12:44 PM
God the Spurs weren't even the worst team in the west that year. Vancouver won 14 games. That team had no talent lol, Sean Elliott and a washed up Dominique Wilkins is where it ends. That team was awful without David Robinson. Carl Herrera and Will Purdue started. Going to the game must be considered tanking.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Only on Spurstalk does Steven A. Smith get his own thread. LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!

LongtimeSpursFan
06-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I've said it for years. The only thing ESPN does well is college football. Everything else they do is to try and cross promote as entertainment. Bringing in celebrities during nfl games to talk about a new movie or show thy they are trying to promote. When they first started doing NBA games they has some black guy with dreadlocks that seemed like he just graduated from college and was the coolest person they could find to target a younger audience.

spurraider21
06-12-2014, 02:33 PM
I would understand calling it a tank if out top players weren't hurt... Or if we actually got the worst record, which we didn't

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Steven A. was propping the Spurs before the series predicting we'd beat the Heat. I didn't watch this latest clip, but he's a typical media type and he'll flip-flop on his opinions thousands of times over and just try to stay relevant.

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Only on Spurstalk does Steven A. Smith get his own thread. LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!

you still here? lol

Hoops Czar
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
you still here? lol

No. I come and go ChumpDumper.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 05:29 PM
If he said that, then what did Skip say to counter it?

Ignignokt
06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
No. I come and go ChumpDumper.

I don't get it. Did you refer to me as Chumpdumper?

hater
06-12-2014, 06:01 PM
2 trolls trying to outtroll each other

ppl really watch this stuff? :lmao

it's like reading the NBA forum :lol

Kidd K
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM

Such blatant disrespect.

Dude is a faggot for even trying to insult that even if the Spurs did do it intentionally.

Why? Because he, by talking shit about that, condones what the Spurs' opponent now did. Which is to conspire and commit tampering then band together in one city in the weakest conference in NBA history to make it easy to get to the Finals.

That is FAR worse than a cash strapped team tanking a season that didn't go well and featured their best players getting major season-ending injuries early in the season.

xmas1997
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Dude is a faggot for even trying to insult that even if the Spurs did do it intentionally.

Why? Because he, by talking shit about that, condones what the Spurs' opponent now did. Which is to conspire and commit tampering then band together in one city in the weakest conference in NBA history to make it easy to get to the Finals.

That is FAR worse than a cash strapped team tanking a season that didn't go well and featured their best players getting major season-ending injuries early in the season.

And now the Heat are going after Melo so they can have a Big Four.

Kidd K
06-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Exactly. But an honorable team who never took the easy way out by throwing cash at superstars are losers because they tanked an unwinnable season one time in 40 years 18 years ago. :lol

Stephen A. Smith is just another front man for ESPN's anti-Spurs agenda.

200 miles
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM

While they're at it, why not go after Rondo? Perhaps Riley can find a way to finagle Kevin Love into a cheaper contract as well. Then Riley can finally be content and proclaim "This is our 10-title team!".

Spurs9
06-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Its all for tv, don't get too butthurt over it

ballhog
06-12-2014, 07:23 PM
He's an idiot. Only ESPN would have those 2 clowns on same show.

DMX7
06-12-2014, 09:25 PM
SAS melting down on twitter right now

I am stunned at the way the Heat are looking right now. They keep this up, it's over by Sunday. Hey! At least I'd be home by Monday.

Ladies/Gentlemen, what we are witnessing is a good ole fashion ass whipping (excuse my language). D-Wade has no legs. LBJ looks exhausted

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith

KaiRMD1
06-13-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm not mad at him, he had to sit next to DJ Khaled and try to be on the same side as him. At this point, I'd be melting down as well