PDA

View Full Version : Schilling is the worst "closer" in the history of baseball

Jimcs50
08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Fucker blew a 6-3 lead in the 9th to Detroit...how bad is that?

I think he and Francona suck each others dicks, because that is the only reason why a manager would leave this asshole in as a closer when they have a guy who's ERA is 1.4 (Timlin) still being used as a setup guy. Your so-called closer has been givingup HRs all year in the 9th innings, and tonight he gives up a leadoff single, a triple, a single, a walk and a game winning single.

Timlin went in in the 7th, and retired then side in order, then he never gets back into the game. WTF?

I hate Terry Francona...he is just affraid of Schilling, affraid to set his ass down...I am so sick of having a closer withn an ERA of over 6.6...what team in the history of baseball has a closer with an ERA of over 6.6 ????

:cuss

N.Y. Johnny
08-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I'll do you one better...Tom Gordon of the Yanks is terrible when in RELIEF>..i know he's not a closer, but he's singlehandedly blown half of the NY losses this year..you guys were smart in dumping this trash on us.

atlfan25
08-15-2005, 10:42 PM
i wouldn't say he is the worst in history, he is 9/11 i believe, and there have been so many closers worse than he has been

heard of dan kolb? greg mcmichael? couple of past braves closers, stanton didn't fair well either

j-6
08-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll do you one better...Tom Gordon of the Yanks is terrible when in RELIEF>..i know he's not a closer, but he's singlehandedly blown half of the NY losses this year..you guys were smart in dumping this trash on us.

The last time Tom Gordon was worth a shit is in the Stephen King book where he helped little Trisha get out of the woods.

T Park
08-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I hate Terry Francona

Boy that was quick, forgot last year already!??!

Timlin went in in the 7th, and retired then side in order, then he never gets back into the game. WTF?

When Timlin pitched for the Cardinals, for 1 inning, the dude was LIGHTS OUT, I mean automatic 1-2-3 inning.

If he tried to pitch more than 1 though, damn near as automatic hed give up a gopherball or more.

I dunno. Francona won a world series with a more talented team last year, I think Id give him the benefit of the doubt for right now.

Trainwreck2100
08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Who was that asian guy for the dbacks that sucked it up in the WS. He blew at least 2 leads that year, then got bailed out by gonzo.

Brodels
08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I think that most people believed that the manager who won a World Series in Boston could run for mayor or governor and win by a landslide. But that hasn't been the case with Tito.

I think many people think as I do: that the Red Sox won in spite of Francona, not because of him.

atlfan25
08-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Who was that asian guy for the dbacks that sucked it up in the WS. He blew at least 2 leads that year, then got bailed out by gonzo.
Byung-Hyun Kim

3rdCoast
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
The last time Tom Gordon was worth a shit is in the Stephen King book where he helped little Trisha get out of the woods.

Read that book soph. year in hs for English class.

Good book

Horry For 3!
08-17-2005, 04:45 AM
Foulke is suppose to come back soon. I'm sure he'll resume the closer role and Schilling will move into the Starter role again.

Sense
08-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Fucker blew a 6-3 lead in the 9th to Detroit...how bad is that?

I think he and Francona suck each others dicks, because that is the only reason why a manager would leave this asshole in as a closer when they have a guy who's ERA is 1.4 (Timlin) still being used as a setup guy. Your so-called closer has been givingup HRs all year in the 9th innings, and tonight he gives up a leadoff single, a triple, a single, a walk and a game winning single.

I hate Terry Francona...he is just affraid of Schilling, affraid to set his ass down...I am so sick of having a closer withn an ERA of over 6.6...what team in the history of baseball has a closer with an ERA of over 6.6 ????

:cuss
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Jimcs50
08-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Thank God Schilling is going to start on Thursday and leaving the pen.