PDA

View Full Version : Finley waived.

Knoxville Spur
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Top of the list, must have insider access to see details.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors

Kori Ellis
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
This is all it says. No real news.

Finley to the Spurs?
Aug 15 - Add the Spurs to the list of teams that are ready to pounce on Michael Finley, if and when the Mavericks waive the shooting guard via the amnesty clause, reports the San Antonio Express News. However, the Heat are reportedly still the front-runners in landing the potential free agent.

Knoxville Spur
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Figures, that insider access is a rip off!

Thanks Kori, sorry for the false alarm.

adrienne
08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Now it's time for me to go lie in the middle of a busy street. It's been nice knowing you all.

ChumpDumper
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.megavail.com/pages/networks/tnt.gif

Extra Stout
And... off go Kiki, Bryan, R.C. and Pat, punching numbers on their cell phones as fast as they can...

adrienne
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2135039

Solid D
08-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Aw come-on, it'll be okay. Look on the bright side...the Cowboys still have Emmitt Smith, right? Oh wait....

Nevermind.

milkyway21
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
so RACE has begun.............

:elephant

Extra Stout
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
C'mon, adrienne, third place in the Southwest Division isn't that bad. Y'all still probably will get the fifth seed and a rematch with the Rockets.

Manu20
08-15-2005, 10:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2135039

Among the teams expected to try to sign Finley are the Suns, Spurs, Heat, Pistons and Nuggets, according to Stein.

The San Antonio Spurs have just over half of their $5 million mid-level exception remaining to woo Finley, and the top two teams in the East are offering more. The Miami Heat and the Detroit Pistons will be offering Finley a contract starting at the full mid-level exception, as will the on-the-rise Denver Nuggets.

adrienne
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Bite me, ES. :angel

Money wise, yes, this was great for the team. Finley is just such a part of this team, he's been here since 1996...it just won't feel like my team without him.

milkyway21
08-15-2005, 10:49 PM

Money wise, yes, this was great for the team. Finley is just such a part of this team, he's been here since 1996...it just won't feel like my team without him.we understand how you feel:cry he's like the Malik Rose to the Spurs...

well, let's just hope R.C. land him so he will stay in Texas....... :lol

PM5K
08-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Damn that was a huge insult to Mike Finley...

G-Nob
08-15-2005, 10:58 PM
The Finley fascination is over now in Dallas. FINALLY!!!!

picnroll
08-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Michael Finley is dancing in the streets. Another $10 million or so in the pocket to soothe the insult.

mavsfan1000
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Daniels is underrated. He is better than Finley in everything except 3 point shooting. Finley wasn't that good last year anyway. I am excited to see Daniels get more time.

milkyway21
08-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Daniels is underrated. He is better than Finley in everything except 3 point shooting. Finley wasn't that good last year anyway. I am excited to see Daniels get more time.i still take your captain over Daniels despite the bone chips...just too bad he had signed such a big contract.

let's see.

Obstructed_View
08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Damn that was a huge insult to Mike Finley...
I'm sure the ~$15 mil a year will help to cushion the blow.
:spin

boutons
08-15-2005, 11:35 PM
It's like $5M/year for 10 years. Obscene, just like Cuban.

Obstructed_View
08-15-2005, 11:38 PM
It's like $5M/year for 10 years. Obscene, just like Cuban.
That's the way it's paid out, but I just meant the value of the contract. Either way, I'm sure Finley isn't crying into his Cristal.

Obstructed_View
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
This is all it says. No real news.

Seven dollars a month to state the obvious. Yeesh.

BTW, thanks for posting it Kori.

dbreiden83080
08-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Everyone is saying he is going to the Heat, which makes their roster just awesome and yes it scares the hell out of me. Why can the Spurs not get him, it is only a few mil more the heat can give him and he is already getting his original deal in full so it can not be just about the money. If he goes to heat, spurs are in trouble if they do not make some moves big time.

Chris
08-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Everyone is saying he is going to the Heat, which makes their roster just awesome and yes it scares the hell out of me. Why can the Spurs not get him, it is only a few mil more the heat can give him and he is already getting his original deal in full so it can not be just about the money. If he goes to heat, spurs are in trouble if they do not make some moves big time.

You do know the Heat aren't in our division right?

milkyway21
08-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Everyone is saying he is going to the Heat, which makes their roster just awesome and yes it scares the hell out of me. Why can the Spurs not get him, it is only a few mil more the heat can give him and he is already getting his original deal in full so it can not be just about the money. If he goes to heat, spurs are in trouble if they do not make some moves big time.SOMETIMES too many stars in a team doesn't guaranty a championship e.g. 2003-04 Lakers.....

as of this time the run for Finley's services is still on... it's still not a lock for Miami.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2135306

Five teams in mix to sign FinleyBy Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The NBA's Final Four teams are reuniting Tuesday for a different sort of elimination tournament.

It's the Michael Finley Sweepstakes.

League front-office sources tell ESPN.com that Miami, Detroit, San Antonio and Phoenix are the suitors with the best shot at landing Finley, who was waived late Monday by the Dallas Mavericks after Dallas' summer-long efforts to trade Finley to a less-threatening team proved unsuccessful.

Intensely private throughout his eight-plus seasons in Dallas, Finley has been typically tight-lipped about his future, telling reporters at Steve Nash's recent charity game that he wasn't ready to discuss the prospect of free agency. Yet it's widely believed that the 32-year-old, after clearing waivers in 48 hours, will ultimately join one of the above four powerhouses to give himself a real shot at a championship ring … with the Denver Nuggets tops among the list of outsiders.

As Finley prepares to grade the field and commence serious negotiations, this is our breakdown of the two-time All-Star's options as the prize (some would say only) catch on the amnesty market:

Miami

The Heat will be tough to resist, with Shaquille O'Neal as lead recruiter and a $5 million mid-level exception waiting … and the bonus of a scouting report from Dwyane Wade, who shares Finley's agent (Henry Thomas). Miami's interest, meanwhile, is a no-brainer. Finley played for Stan Van Gundy at Wisconsin, ranks as a quality chemistry guy and would instantly become the Heat's most dependable long-ball threat (given Damon Jones' likely departure). Yet it remains to be seen whether Finley wants to join a club that just added Antoine Walker and James Posey, with the room to start only one of the three. Finley and Walker are Chicago pals, but he also saw first-hand in Dallas that meshing can be tough with 'Toine as a third or fourth fiddle. It wouldn't be surprising at all to see Finley wind up here, but it's not the slam dunk some league insiders are suggesting.

Detroit

Pistons president Joe Dumars, eager to do some free-agent shopping after the interminable Larry Brown saga, has been quietly waiting for his swing at Finley. It doesn't hurt Dumars' chances that the Pistons have their entire $5 million mid-level exception to offer Finley for next season -- nearly twice as rich as what the Spurs can pitch -- as well as the promise of healthy minutes with a proven championship crew. Detroit, remember, generally relied on only seven guys when it mattered: Antonio McDyess, Lindsay Hunter and its trusty starting five. Finley would fortify the bench for new coach Flip Saunders and serve as an offensive-minded complement to the defense-first Tayshaun Prince. The fit seems even more feasible now that Finley, in trademark Pistons style, can even claim that he has something to prove as the discarded face of the Mavs.

San Antonio

The Spurs can't match the money Miami and Detroit can offer, but the champs will make a strong presentation beyond the close proximity to Finley's adopted home in Big D. San Antonio has lacked a consistent scorer off the bench since Manu Ginobili became a starter and is always looking for more perimeter shooting. Finley could fill both of those voids and presumably make a smooth transition to the Spurs' all-for-one locker room, given his first-class reputation. Although Finley's scoring average has indeed dipped for six successive seasons, that overlooks his 41 percent accuracy from 3-point range over the past two seasons … without the benefit of the open looks Tim Duncan and Ginobili generate. The Mavs were trying so hard to deal Finley in part to keep him away from the Spurs, knowing the champs are a real threat to make a switch to South Texas happen.

Phoenix

The Suns are sunk if money is the tiebreaker, with only a veteran minimum of $1.1 million to offer Finley for next season. And money could be a key factor, since Finley will be forced to collect the remaining $51-plus million on his Mavs contract in annual installments of less than $5 million because of a considerable "spread" provision in that contract. Phoenix, though, has an even better recruiter than Shaq; Nash and Finley remain so close that Finley traveled to Toronto for his buddy's charity game even though June ankle surgery prevented him from actually playing. Don't forget, furthermore, that Phoenix drafted Finley in 1995, and he remains quite popular. A return to the desert, then, holds appeal on several levels, which should explain why this is the other West rival Dallas had hoped to neutralize with a trade. The Mavs know Finley would relish the challenge of filling the Joe Johnson void.

Denver

The list of interested teams stretches well beyond five, but it's believed Finley won't consider anyone farther away from title contention than the Nuggets. Although his hometown Bulls will try to defy that belief -- as will Minnesota, which flirted with a three-team Finley trade last week -- Denver figures to tempt Finley more with its promising talent mix and a roster architect (Kiki Vandeweghe) who once worked in Dallas. Vandeweghe is also pursuing another Mavs alumnus (Nick Van Exel) to give his bench a boost, but Finley is Denver's top priority. The Nuggets, like Detroit and Miami, can offer a full $5 million next season … but also a rare guaranteed starting spot. And Finley, remember, is one of the few players (maybe the only one) who came away with any plaudits from George Karl's ill-fated Team USA at the 2002 World Championships in Indianapolis.

gospursgojas
08-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Damn I can feel it already guys... he's going to the Heat. And no matter what anyone says that makes them a scary team

Horry For 3!
08-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Damn I can feel it already guys... he's going to the Heat. And no matter what anyone says that makes them a scary team
I'm not afraid of the Heat.

[Robert Horry]

DesiSpur_21
08-16-2005, 04:28 AM
IMO , finley is a better choice for spurs - only if he is willing to sign for remaining exception we have.

Amnesty rule is no more Allan Houston rule, it's 'finley rule' :lol

Supergirl
08-16-2005, 06:33 AM
If Finley wants money, he'll go for the Heat, where he won't get much playing time and where they'll have trouble finding enough time for ANYONE to touch the ball.

If Finley cares about playing time, he'll go to the Suns, where they need him desperately (but I repeat - it's not clear how helpful he'll be - everyone catch the part about "lowest numbers in his career" and "coming off arthroscopic surgery")

If Finley cares about winning a championship before his career is over, he'll sign with the Spurs. (but it's not clear how helpful he'll be - everyone catch the part about "lowest numbers in his career" and "coming off arthroscopic surgery")

boutons
08-16-2005, 06:46 AM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_post_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersFG3PQuery.html?topic=0&stat=9

Finley shot 3Gs, his primary offense, a only a tiny bit better than Bruce in the 04/05 season, but Finley doesn't step it up in the playoffs, his 3G% went down, and 4 Spurs shot 3Gs A LOT BETTER than Finley in the 05 playoffs.

Finley's defense, ball handling, playmakng, rebounding are suspect, while is scoring through his prime at DAL has gone down 5 straight seasons. As 8th or lower man in the season, he wouldn't get enough PT to make a contribution, and then nothing in the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Why are the spurs even mention in every stupid lame free agency and trade talks when u know non of the ballers would come n play in san antonio, they are just using us as leverage to increase their stock and value, i hate this shit.

Kip Fanatic
08-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Finley doesn't scare me if he were to go to Miami, Phoenix, or Denver. None of those teams have what the Spurs have. Team first attitude. They don't have a two-time league MVP and a Finals MVP. They don't have a Gold Medal winner from Argentina. They don't have the fast French Fry and they don't have Big Nuts Rob.

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 09:31 AM
We're forgetting one important factor...

If Finley joins the Spurs, he no longer has to face Bruce Bowen.

"I'm a man before I'm a basketball player," Finley explained later. "He can't disrespect my manhood by giving me a cheap shot. I'm going to retaliate every time." ...

Afterward, Finley sounded as Ray Allen did before, as if talking about Bowen would change the results. Finley said "a coward guy made a coward play."

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Man there is a lot of black and silver homer vision going on.

The Heat have declared war on the Spurs. Riley is building that team to get to the Finals and beat the Spurs.

Y'all act like we waltzed through the playoffs this year, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Keep talking the myopic "they don't scare me" talk, just don't come whining when we end up in a total dogfight with them come next June. Detroit, Miami, Indiana, and Cleveland are all building teams to come after the Spurs. That should be enough concern for everyone to quit with the "oh no worries" talk.

Shaq's still the alpha dog on that team and Walker has shown he can play a good Robin to Batman (Pierce) in Boston. If anyone can make White Chocolate settle down it's Shaq, and Finley is going to be playing with one hell of a chip on his shoulder.

Rick Von Braun
08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
We're forgetting one important factor...

If Finley joins the Spurs, he no longer has to face Bruce Bowen.
Except in practice... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah, but I'm guessing less 'bows are exchanged in practice.

angel_luv
08-16-2005, 09:41 AM

Money wise, yes, this was great for the team. Finley is just such a part of this team, he's been here since 1996...it just won't feel like my team without him.

I can imagine your pain. And I'm afraid I am actually about to really feel your pain. :depressed

Anyways, sorry! = ( Sucks!

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Man there is a lot of black and silver homer vision going on.

The Heat have declared war on the Spurs. Riley is building that team to get to the Finals and beat the Spurs.

Y'all act like we waltzed through the playoffs this year, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Keep talking the myopic "they don't scare me" talk, just don't come whining when we end up in a total dogfight with them come next June. Detroit, Miami, Indiana, and Cleveland are all building teams to come after the Spurs. That should be enough concern for everyone to quit with the "oh no worries" talk.

Shaq's still the alpha dog on that team and Walker has shown he can play a good Robin to Batman (Pierce) in Boston. If anyone can make White Chocolate settle down it's Shaq, and Finley is going to be playing with one hell of a chip on his shoulder.

Miami is not going to get within 1 game of the Finals as they did last season. Both Williams and Walker need a lot a touches to be effective. Also, with them getting heavy minutes in rotation the defense is going to be weaker.

The last thing Miami needed were guys who can chunk up a lot of shots. They needed to retain Damon Jones and make a few more defensive minded acquisitions.

Extra Stout
08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Miami is not going to get within 1 game of the Finals as they did last season. Both Williams and Walker need a lot a touches to be effective. Also, with them getting heavy minutes in rotation the defense is going to be weaker.

The last thing Miami needed were guys who can chunk up a lot of shots. They needed to retain Damon Jones and make a few more defensive minded acquisitions.
The Heat added guys who take away touches from Wade and Shaq, without opening things up so that either of those two get more high-percentage shots.

James Posey is the guy who can make a difference for them if he can become what he was to Memphis in 2003-04.

Jason Williams and Antoine Walker will come back to haunt them. I'll take either of them chucking up threes at a 30-35% clip over Wade penetrating for layups or Shaq dunking any day.

Come next June, both of them will get ridden out of Miami on a rail following a playoff elimination at the hands of Indiana or Detroit; Walker, for taking more shots than either Shaq or Wade in the critical game, going like 4-24, and Williams, for a series of boneheaded turnovers and bad shots (his typical wild three that starts the fast break the other way) that ignite the decisive run for the opponent.

The only way that doesn't happen is if those two ride the bench in the playoffs, or get kicked off the team.

Those two are subtraction by addition, no matter how flashy or high-profile they are. I suspect (as do some others) that their presence is meant to sabotage Stan Van Gundy, so Pat Riley can blame him for the Heat's "slow start," fire SVG and take over himself, then get "tough" on those two by slashing their minutes.

Finley, now, there's a guy who can help them. He can back up both swing positions, and play the two-man game with Shaq all day.

Vashner
08-16-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't like him.. but if Pop and RC think they need him then go ahead I guess.
I don't think he will work well with the team chemistry. He's not champion caliber. Maybe Pop thinks he can mold him? Then I would support that...

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Oops, wrong thread...

Spurs Biggest Fan
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
The Heat added guys who take away touches from Wade and Shaq, without opening things up so that either of those two get more high-percentage shots.

And didn't Wade come out publicly and say he was going to shoot more? I remember reading something to that effect. :drunk

bigbendbruisebrother
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Now it's time for me to go lie in the middle of a busy street. It's been nice knowing you all.

Don't fear the reaper, Adrienne....

Come over to the black and silver...

2centsworth
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_post_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersFG3PQuery.html?topic=0&stat=9

Finley shot 3Gs, his primary offense, a only a tiny bit better than Bruce in the 04/05 season, but Finley doesn't step it up in the playoffs, his 3G% went down, and 4 Spurs shot 3Gs A LOT BETTER than Finley in the 05 playoffs.

Finley's defense, ball handling, playmakng, rebounding are suspect, while is scoring through his prime at DAL has gone down 5 straight seasons. As 8th or lower man in the season, he wouldn't get enough PT to make a contribution, and then nothing in the playoffs.darn good anaylsis. However, he is known for getting streaky hot in the playoffs where he becomes virtually unstoppable. Not a bad weapon to have off the bench. Plus the guy plays decent defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2005, 01:38 PM

People act like Miami is oblivious to the mindset of Walker and JWill prior to making those moves. You don't think they've talked to them and have those guys on board?

Williams, despite all his hot dogging, has one of the best assist to TO ratios in the whole league. And I've already seen Walker say he's excited about playing with the Diesel.

You don't think he likes the idea of wide open threes off of Ds collapsing on Shaq or when Wade breaks down the defense?

Sorry, but I think Miami is threat #1 (yes, better than Detroit) to the Spurs. If they get Finley they get a starting SF with a chip on his shoulder out of that deal, and get even deeper.

2centsworth
08-16-2005, 01:50 PM
People act like Miami is oblivious to the mindset of Walker and JWill prior to making those moves. You don't think they've talked to them and have those guys on board?

Williams, despite all his hot dogging, has one of the best assist to TO ratios in the whole league. And I've already seen Walker say he's excited about playing with the Diesel.

You don't think he likes the idea of wide open threes off of Ds collapsing on Shaq or when Wade breaks down the defense?

Sorry, but I think Miami is threat #1 (yes, better than Detroit) to the Spurs. If they get Finley they get a starting SF with a chip on his shoulder out of that deal, and get even deeper.

Walker shooting 3's is a big problem. He is a 6'9" power forward who should use his size and agility to get easy buckets down low. Isn't it better to have Daimon Jones shooting 3s than Walker?

Obi wan Ginobili
08-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Any Team that has Antoine Walker and Jason Williams as an integral parts of the offense and defense can't get to the finals. D Wade isn't Jordan, he can't carry them there on both sides of the court.

That team will blow up.

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 01:52 PM
The problem is, Williams gives up a lot of that great assist to TO ratio with his ill-advised shots. Both he and Walker need a ton of touches to be effective and that, as Dunkel Weizen pointed out, limits the number of times that Shaq will see the rock.

mookie2001
08-16-2005, 01:56 PM
still marcus itll be the heat and pistons in the ecf and the heat just got better

2centsworth
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
still marcus itll be the heat and pistons in the ecf and the heat just got better
heat got worse, but so have the pistons. Look out for Indiana.

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 01:59 PM

The Heat "got better" by adding players who require the rock a lot to be effective? I can think of nothing opponents would like to see more than Walker playing the 4 spot 20 feet from the rim.

mookie2001
08-16-2005, 02:02 PM
we'll see
i think walker is a good player who gets a bad rap
maybe earlier in his career he deserved it, but everytime i see him now i think he plays really good

2centsworth
08-16-2005, 02:03 PM
The Heat "got better" by adding players who require the rock a lot to be effective? I can think of nothing opponents would like to see more than Walker playing the 4 spot 20 feet from the rim.
The combination of Eddie Jones and Keyon Dolling is better than Walker and Williams.

z0sa
08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
walker has to take alot of shots to get alot of points...

ABDENOUR POWER
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
None of you are mentioning the possibility that Finley might come to Detroit!?!

Detroit has just as much money to offer as Miami, and probably more playing time. It would be a big aquistion for the Pistons if they sign him. We'll have our same starting 5, McDyess and Finley, and then some developing players (Arroyo/Delfino) who should play better under Saunders.

Trainwreck2100
08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
we'll see
maybe earlier in his career he deserved it, but everytime i see him now i think he plays really good

He's got two types of gears, 1) shoot and the ball goes in the hoop 2) A really really bad shot that looks like a pass

mookie2001
08-16-2005, 03:21 PM
if Finley goes to Det, they should just cancel the season and declare Detroit the champs

50 cent
08-16-2005, 03:30 PM
if Finley goes to Det, they should just cancel the season and declare Detroit the champs
Please tell me you are kidding. :smokin

Rick Von Braun
08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
we'll see
Mookie,

No offense to your take, but Walker is one of the worst players in the league. I am pretty sure he is the worst player in the league that takes 14+ FGA/g.

BigVee
08-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Huh? With or without Finley, Detroit is not coming out of the East next year.

ABDENOUR POWER
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Why are you so certain of that?

leemajors
08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
even if they get finley, they still don't have larry brown. flip is a good coach, but there is a noticeable dropoff for them

mookie2001
08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah rick i watch espn too
hes not a great player, but he's solid, he went from overrated to underrated
i mean we all know jordan and iverson shot like 55% right?

grjr
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Detroit has just as much money to offer as Miami, and probably more playing time. It would be a big aquistion for the Pistons if they sign him. We'll have our same starting 5, McDyess and Finley, and then some developing players (Arroyo/Delfino) who should play better under Saunders.

Didn't you forget someone? :smokin

Extra Stout
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
yeah rick i watch espn too
hes not a great player, but he's solid, he went from overrated to underrated
i mean we all know jordan and iverson shot like 55% right?Jordan was around 51% for his career.

Walker absolutely kills his teams with his shot selection.

BigVee
08-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Just my opinion. The LB/Flip change is a negative I believe. Miami and Indiana look better on paper than last year. I just think it will be someone else.

2centsworth
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM

Flip is no where close to Larry Brown's level. However, Detroit has the man power to get it done. Hope detroit does it though. would love to see a rematch of this year's finals.

Vashner
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
If Finley was that good he would of stayed with Avery... He's a "average" nba player.. boring... average.... and boring again. Did I mention he's BOOOORING... just because there are so few people in play right now... we just Won the trophy.. we don't need to rebuild... We don't need Finley to win again.. if anything it's risky to open up the chemistry for a lackluster player. Look in his eye's? It's like he's waiting in line at the drive thru.. I don't see the hunger or the fear.. just like "uh... huh huh".. cold nothingness.

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
If Finley was that good he would of stayed with Avery... He's a "average" nba player.. boring... average.... and boring again. Did I mention he's BOOOORING... just because there are so few people in play right now... we just Won the trophy.. we don't need to rebuild... We don't need Finley to win again.. if anything it's risky to open up the chemistry for a lackluster player. Look in his eye's? It's like he's waiting in line at the drive thru.. I don't see the hunger or the fear.. just like "uh... huh huh".. cold nothingness.

The one thing that Pop has shown is that he is not afraid to bench anyone.

Ocotillo
08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
ESPN Radio had a Sports Illustrated writer Ian (Thompson, I think) who said he believed Detroit will be the team that gets Finley. He based that on Dumars will be very convincing. Again, that was the writer's opinion and not inside information.

ABDENOUR POWER
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Didn't you forget someone? :smokin

Haha. You're thinking of Darko, right? While I haven't given up hope he will have a good career, I don't think he will be much of an impact player by next year.

milkyway21
08-16-2005, 09:26 PM

Detroit has just as much money to offer as Miami, and probably more playing time. It would be a big aquistion for the Pistons if they sign him. We'll have our same starting 5, McDyess and Finley, and then some developing players (Arroyo/Delfino) who should play better under Saunders.there's some rumors Spree is joining Flip. are you saying Detroit is interested to sign Finley as well? both of them?

makes no sense to me :rolleyes

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
I say forget Finley. No point getting in a stupid tug of war for Finley. Let Miami, Detroit and Phoenix go fight over him or whats left of him. I prefer the Spurs to go for Aaron Mckie. That guy is solid and underrated. We dont need a superstar. We just need a solid backup player. If not we should get a defensive 3 and develop him.

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2005, 10:19 PM
I say forget Finley. No point getting in a stupid tug of war for Finley. Let Miami, Detroit and Phoenix go fight over him or whats left of him. I prefer the Spurs to go for Aaron Mckie. That guy is solid and underrated. We dont need a superstar. We just need a solid backup player. If not we should get a defensive 3 and develop him.

Finley would be a nice addition, but the Spurs would have to adjust their offense somewhat for him and I think he is looking for a larger role and contract. McKie makes a lot of sense for the Spurs. He's not the sexy amnesty free agent choice, but he's definitely Spurs material and he would fit into the Spurs' offense and defense seemlessly. Kinda reminds me of how the Spurs went after Bruce Bowen hard a few summers ago.

He's not the career primetime scorer like a Michael Finley or a Glenn Robinson, but with the Spurs he would be quite productive in other ways, ways that help to win championships.

milkyway21
08-16-2005, 10:26 PM
. I prefer the Spurs to go for Aaron Mckie. That guy is solid and underrated.

McKie makes a lot of sense for the Spurs. He's not the sexy amnesty free agent choice, but he's definitely Spurs material and he would fit into the Spurs' offense and defense seemlessly.
I'm not eager on Finley too...

i'd prefer Aaron or Big Dog...

but is Aaron going to join the Nets? they've been articles somewhere....

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not eager on Finley too...

i'd prefer Aaron or Big Dog...

but is Aaron going to join the Nets? they've been articles somewhere....

Well the Nets will probably announce that they have come to terms with McKie and then rescinde the deal because they found plastic bottles in his knees. The Spurs will then step in to sign him. :lol :lol :lol

milkyway21
08-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Well the Nets will probably announce that they have come to terms with McKie and then rescinde the deal because they found plastic bottles in his knees. The Spurs will then step in to sign him. :lol :lol :lol :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
08-17-2005, 09:23 AM
there's some rumors Spree is joining Flip. are you saying Detroit is interested to sign Finley as well? both of them?

makes no sense to me :rolleyes

You sign one or the other, its not that complicated.