PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Duncan's 5th ring..

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Doesn't change anything, outside of Spurstalk vs. Culbear and Laker fans:lol..

Duncan didn't magically become better than Kobe, Bird or Shaq because he won his 5th ring..anybody with half a brain knows that he has already proven he's a superior player to either of them and/or has superior longevity..

Tim deserves credit for playing at a high level at age 38 and for being willing to take a pay cut to allow his team to become loaded with talent, not just for his team winning a ring and now fans blindly counting his rings:lol..if OKC had eliminated the Spurs, it wouldn't have changed the fact that Duncan is still a very good player at age 38 and was unselfish enough to allow his organization to build a historic team..

Kidd K
06-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Edit: whoops

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Duncan didn't magically become better than Kobe, Bird or Shaq because he won his 5th ring
yeah this is what i always say after a player rings. still amazing, and he'll get recognition for it

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 12:34 AM
OP is a faggot who lives in a bubble if he really thinks that.

Only idiots that care about the opinions of ESPN analysts and casual fans care about ring count..

Duncan didn't magically become better than Kobe because he has 5 rings, he was clearly already better than him..rings are based on circumstances, as much as anything..

hater
06-13-2014, 12:35 AM
5 > 4 = 5

only a mentally retard would think anything else :lmao

xtremesteven33
If anything this 5th ring cements his legacy as the greatest since Jordan. Maybe even in the debate of Jordan vs Duncan. Who would you rather take to start your team?

Arcadian
Doesn't change anything, outside of Spurstalk vs. Culbear and Laker fans:lol..

Duncan didn't magically become better than Kobe, Bird or Shaq because he won his 5th ring..anybody with half a brain knows that he has already proven he's a superior player to either of them and/or has superior longevity..

Tim deserves credit for playing at a high level at age 38 and for being willing to take a pay cut to allow his team to become loaded with talent, not just for his team winning a ring and now fans blindly counting his rings:lol..if OKC had eliminated the Spurs, it wouldn't have changed the fact that Duncan is still a very good player at age 38 and was unselfish enough to allow his organization to build a historic team..

You're right, but the ring is symbolic of everything you just said.

Malik Hairston
5 > 4 = 5

only a mentally retard would think anything else :lmao

So, Horry > Duncan..ok..

DAF86
06-13-2014, 12:36 AM
OP is a faggot who lives in a bubble if he really thinks that.

You're so dumb that it makes me angry. Get a lobotomy, come back and try to understand what the OP is saying.

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Great thread.

I also love how Duncan is relegating himself to the "blue collar" guy in this series by setting picks, working within the flow of the offense, and defending the paint the best he can. He understands this is a wings series and doesn't need to "eat first." I'm even highly impressed by Parker, who is taking what the defense is giving him.

Smartest and best player of his era, tbh.

FkLA
06-13-2014, 12:37 AM
yeah this is what i always say after a player rings. still amazing, and he'll get recognition for it

Agree, Dirk went from arguably not even being in the Top 5 to being the 2nd best PF of all-time after he rang according to ST.

Kidd K
06-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Only idiots that care about the opinions of ESPN analysts and casual fans care about ring count..

Duncan didn't magically become better than Kobe because he has 5 rings, he was clearly already better than him..rings are based on circumstances, as much as anything..

Tbh I didn't even read you post after the first line due to all the LeBron excuses you made.

My bad, you were actually correct. :lol Edited. :\

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Agree, Dirk went from arguably not even being in the Top 5 to being the 2nd best PF of all-time after he rang according to ST.
to be fair, we saw a Dirk like never before throughout that playoff run. it did change my perspective of him, against the Lakers and OKC especially

Kidd K
06-13-2014, 12:40 AM
You're so dumb that it makes me angry. Get a lobotomy, come back and try to understand what the OP is saying.

The irony and hypocrisy of this complaint is palpable. It's literally the exact same thing you did in that other thread.

Stop doing it if you're going to complain about that type of post.

apalisoc_9
06-13-2014, 12:44 AM
kidd k :lmao

DAF86
06-13-2014, 12:45 AM
The irony and hypocrisy of this complaint is palpable. It's literally the exact same thing you did in that other thread.

Stop doing it if you're going to complain about that type of post.

What thread? What post?

100%duncan
06-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Greatest player since Jordan.

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 12:52 AM
It puts him above Daddy, for sure, but he remains below Bryant.

FkLA
06-13-2014, 12:55 AM
to be fair, we saw a Dirk like never before throughout that playoff run. it did change my perspective of him, against the Lakers and OKC especially

Sure, but from arguably outside the Top 5 to #2? Thats a huge jump tbh.

Staplepuffs27
06-13-2014, 12:58 AM
It puts him above Daddy, for sure, but he remains below Bryant.you're still here?

ElNono
06-13-2014, 01:02 AM
It puts him above Daddy, for sure, but he remains below Bryant.

http://i.imgur.com/ClANPyt.gif

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:06 AM
17/9 doesn't compare to Bryant's 29/8 on his 5th ring. As the OP has already explicitly said, the Spurs are one of the best teams in history, right? That makes Duncan's efforts more trite than ever. And the same goes for Duncan's 18/11 versus the Cavaliers. It just doesn't have anything on Bryant's 32/7/6 in Orlando.

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:07 AM
On another note, this series exemplifies the difficulty of repeating an NBA championship. Kobe's done it 3 times.

KaiRMD1
06-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Duncan will have won a title in 3 different decades

RsxPiimp
06-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Tim's not even the best Spur in this series tho. How many times have we seen Duncan on the bench while the Spurs continues to dominate the Heat.

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:13 AM
The 3 decades talk is nothing but show & tell. They won't address the fact that he never successfully defended a championship.

spurraider21
Duncan will have won a title in 3 different decades
if john salley can do it, it can't be that tough :lol

spurraider21
The 3 decades talk is nothing but show & tell. They won't address the fact that he never successfully defended a championship.
As long as Duncan rings.

Arcadian
06-13-2014, 01:17 AM

You have it backwards, you stupid pile of faggotry. Being consistently great for 3 decades is actually meaningful, while "repeating" is an arbitrary criterion for success. Teams don't really "defend" championships; they merely win, and then play another season. The probability doesn't magically decrease just because you won the previous year, you fucking imbecile. I fart in your general direction.

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:19 AM
You have it backwards, you stupid pile of faggotry. Being consistently great for 3 decades is actually meaningful, while "repeating" is an arbitrary criterion for success. Teams don't really "defend" championships; they merely win, and then play another season. The probability doesn't magically decrease just because you won the previous year, you fucking imbecile. I fart in your general direction.

You sound quite upset. It's clear, to me, that you are well aware that Duncan remains below Bryant at 5 apiece.

Arcadian
06-13-2014, 01:20 AM
You sound quite upset. It's clear, to me, that you are well aware that Duncan remains below Bryant at 5 apiece.

:lol No, I'm upset that you actually exist. Someone with your mind actually fucking exists. :lol faggot

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:21 AM
:lol No, I'm upset that you actually exist. Someone with your mind actually fucking exists. :lol faggot

Grim business when you put it like that.

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:21 AM
And still, repeating an NBA championship is the hardest thing to do in sports.

Good night, sweethearts!

Arcadian
06-13-2014, 01:23 AM
....says the guy with Kobe's meat rammed down his throat.

Leetonidas
06-13-2014, 01:24 AM

As long as Duncan rings

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:24 AM
That's supposed to be your role. We didn't start the whole Duncan versus Kobe thing until you were inexplicably frustrated, jealous at 5-4.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Tim's not even the best Spur in this series tho. How many times have we seen Duncan on the bench while the Spurs continues to dominate the Heat.

That's the point, though..Duncan has been arguably the Spurs best player in the playoffs, but not in the Finals, and realistically, this Spurs team is the most team-oriented squad in NBA history..there isn't a player that stands out ahead of the rest on this team..

Duncan is a great contributor, but getting a 5th ring doesn't make him a better player than he was last year when he didn't win and was the best Spurs player in the Finals:lol..

Which just further shows that blind "ring count" is the worst argument to compare any players in any sport..Duncan winning the title in 2003 is not the same as Duncan winning it in 2014..

Arnold Toht
06-13-2014, 01:26 AM
4 years of 5-4. I wouldn't blame any of you for hatching eggs on Sunday night.

I'm sated at 5, by the way. It puts Bryant above Daddy, and below Jabbar and Magic. It's exactly where he belongs.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 01:30 AM
lol talkin about defending....we all saw what happen when he tried to defend himself in front a cop on rape charges, **** crawled into fetus position wet his pants and snitch

RsxPiimp
06-13-2014, 01:30 AM
That's the point, though..Duncan has been arguably the Spurs best player in the playoffs, but not in the Finals, and realistically, this Spurs team is the most team-oriented squad in NBA history..there isn't a player that stands out ahead of the rest on this team..

Duncan is a great contributor, but getting a 5th ring doesn't make him a better player than he was last year when he didn't win and was the best Spurs player in the Finals:lol..

Which just further shows that blind "ring count" is the worst argument to compare any players in any sport..Duncan winning the title in 2003 is not the same as Duncan winning it in 2014..
All true.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 01:35 AM
duncan might not be the best player in the finals, but without him on t he court trolling down low as shot blocker presence, the heat wouldve had their way with the spurs if he wasnt on the court...

when a clown like lebron can score +15 straight points ina quarter then u have a problem, u cant continue to not put duncan out there and absorb such offense especially in quarters that spurs failed at protecting

3rd quarter once again game4 just like previous games and out through the playoffs this year has been spurs bitch to overcome...

ElNono
06-13-2014, 01:38 AM
You sound quite upset.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/flatterkatz/forumimgs/irony.jpg

DAF86
06-13-2014, 04:46 AM
17/9 doesn't compare to Bryant's 29/8 on his 5th ring. As the OP has already explicitly said, the Spurs are one of the best teams in history, right? That makes Duncan's efforts more trite than ever. And the same goes for Duncan's 18/11 versus the Cavaliers. It just doesn't have anything on Bryant's 32/7/6 in Orlando.

How does Duncan 17/9 compare to Kobe's 15/4 on 36% shooting against the Pacers?

rayjayjohnson
06-13-2014, 05:35 AM
If anything this 5th ring cements his legacy as the greatest since Jordan. Maybe even in the debate of Jordan vs Duncan. Who would you rather take to start your team?

lol. jordan.

SayTown
06-13-2014, 05:54 AM
Duncan 5
Colbie 5

resistanze
06-13-2014, 06:15 AM

How does it compare to Kobe's 15.6/4.6/4.2 in the 2000 Finals? :lol

EDIT: Damnit didn't see Messi Jr.'s post.

Raven
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
i think ring count matter, but basically to allow comparison, meaning you can only compare players with similar ring count.

DMC
06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
On another note, this series exemplifies the difficulty of repeating an NBA championship. Kobe's done it 3 times.

So has Derek Fisher and Robert Horry.

DMC
06-13-2014, 08:14 AM
i think ring count matter, but basically to allow comparison, meaning you can only compare players with similar ring count.

Then who do we compare Bill Russell to?

Trill Clinton
06-13-2014, 08:17 AM

:tu

You gotta excuse that geek kidd k

Raven
06-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Then who do we compare Bill Russell to?

you really can't compare him with anyone, he's beyond comparison and any argument is worthless.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 08:42 AM
5th ring in front of the spurs bandwagon fans especially the broke ass clowns from cali who made their way to SA during/after the global financial meltdown 3yrs ago....i wonder how many of them have stop supporting fakers?