PDA

View Full Version : Heat: What do the Heat do, going forward?..

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 01:48 AM
They clearly have a number of needs:

- Starting PG
- 2 more wing defenders outside of Lebron
- Backup big man
- Another shooter

Ray Allen and Battier are going to retire, Chalmers is gone, too..

Would they ever consider moving Wade's contract?..

ElNono
06-13-2014, 01:51 AM
I think Spo is a keeper. He understand the modern NBA game.

Some pieces just got too old. They're going to have to rework the depth and touch a bit some of the starters, IMO.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 01:58 AM
only ring chasers will join them for last paycheck

i dont see any upcoming stars joining him, i dont believe in that shit about making extra money on the oustide of the nba contract cause that shit aint guaranteed contract like nba salary contract, not everyone is popular

lebron only has 1 option either leave or stay
wade either retires, fck off somewhere else, or take MLE type money or lesser, this clown has regressed faster then a cripple kirby
bosh is going to get paid even for a softy pansy big shooter, his still a big

Chinook
06-13-2014, 02:19 AM
What can the Heat even realistically expect to get from Wade? Gerald Henderson and a draft pick? There's be a slight chance Dallas would bite for Ellis. The absolute best-case scenario I could see would be one of Bledsoe or Dragic and a pick or two from Phoenix. Most teams just don't have the cap space to absorb Wade's salary without sending back a lot of players, and even fewer could logically view Wade as a missing piece to their championship puzzle. (Although now that I think about it, Phoenix would be an awesome place for Wade to end up in if the Suns could keep Dragic. He'd have tons of shooting around him and the best medical staff in the league to tend to him.)

Barring getting rid of one of the Big Three, there's not that much the Heat can do. They pretty much need to draft the best player they can at 27 (and maybe even try to buy a pick or two) while using the MLE/mMLE/room exception to pick up a young guard with upside and athleticism, or at least a wing like Sefalosha

Infinite_limit
06-13-2014, 02:22 AM
If Miami were in the West, you'd be talking about a 2nd Round team next year. Instead, unless the Bulls add Love or Mello it will be another Finals appearance.

- Draft a PG
- Sign some ring chasing vets

I'd roll the dice keeping Wade. Eventually James will leave and people will look back at his time with the Heat as just a rental. Keep Wade, allow him to retire as a Heat and it adds respectability to this Miami run.

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 02:28 AM
wade is putting them in a tough spot with his decline... getting rid of him might be the right move going forward (especially if he is expecting to get paid), but like kobe and the lakers, there is that whole dynamic between wade and the fan base. he'll probably come out publicly and say "i want to stay with the heat and retire here" to put additional pressure on them

Mugen
06-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Convince Fatmelo to take 8mil a year by giving Lala her own reality show tbh.

xtremesteven33
06-13-2014, 02:33 AM
What team would want to take damaged goods in Wade? Heat are stuck.

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 02:34 AM
i would like to see Bosh have a bigger role in the offense... i know he can jump shoot, but having him do literally nothing outside of spot up is a criminal misuse of his ability

Chinook
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
Bosh is legit. He's probably still a top-five PF. By no means is he the problem. I agree that Spo needs to figure out how to get Bosh better touches, as a co-star and not just a complimentary piece to James.

Jacob1983
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
LMAO! Everyone turning against Wade. I love it. Karma is a bitch.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 02:47 AM
It's a shame to the entire league the league's worst rebounding team could win back-2-back championships, tbh. The "success" of super fags surely sent wrong messages to young players, who all began to follow their mode, and the entity of basketball as a team sport was severely jeopardized, that's exactly why most draftees in recent 2-3 years are shitty as fuck. Therefore, Spurs championship this year ain't only a great news to the city of San Antonio, but also to the sport as well.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 02:48 AM
Bosh as a 2nd option seems like a no-brainer, but I thought they would already do that this season, tbh..

He can't be utilized properly with Wade's lack of shooting, though..

Wade accepting a 6th man role would help them a lot IMO, but I can't imagine him accepting it..

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Bosh as a 2nd option seems like a no-brainer, but I thought they would already do that this season, tbh..

Wade accepting a 6th man role would help them a lot IMO, but I can't imagine him accepting it..
they could also be really cold hearted, NFL style, and just not resign him if he opts out. that would theoretically make space for fatmelo if thats actually their plan. or bring aboard that nigga lance, just like how the lakers brought in artest the year after that brutal houston series

TDMVPDPOY

not worth 6th man role let alone whatever price his asking, did u watch the series he barely had any lift left...

Jacob1983
No fucking way, Wade comes off the bench next season. He will die of a Herpes outbreak before he does that.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 03:03 AM
a guard that can't shoot coming off the bench as a 6th man? You can't think of any funnier jokes, can you?

ElNono
06-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Realistically, I think they'll be fine, tbh... Riley comes from the same mold as Dr Buss (RIP), IMO...

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Realistically, I think they'll be fine, tbh... Riley comes from the same mold as Dr Buss (RIP), IMO...
he has a son named James, and James is frequently shortened to Jim, tbh

ElNono
06-13-2014, 03:24 AM
he has a son named James, and James is frequently shortened to Jim, tbh

yeah, but he's still alive.... huge advantage there

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 03:25 AM
yeah, but he's still alive.... huge advantage there
then we know what must be done :splitter

Chinook
06-13-2014, 03:47 AM
I think Wade would make a poor sixth man. He's really only a two-guard, and sixth men have to be versatile. He also desperately needs to be the second-biggest threat on the court. He can't handle some secondary defenders. There's no way he'd produce if he was the focus on an entire unit's defense. Really, the Heat just need PG with elite outside shooting to help Wade out.

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 03:48 AM
Lin

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Not sure... they seem mentally weak, exhausted, and are suffering under the fact that they haven't been tested at all these playoffs while dem Spurs have been tested all playoffs long.

Wade should regress into a 6th man role, where he can be effective in short bursts... They need a true point guard and a center presence (Hibbert?) in order to come out of the East to beat the Bulls next year. Melo will just make them worse tbqh.

DAF86
06-13-2014, 04:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oas2vd6

I know it won't happen but still.

ezau
06-13-2014, 05:34 AM
Imagine if the Heat have Serge Ibaka. Damn.

urunobili
06-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Add Melo to match up with Diaw...

rayjayjohnson
06-13-2014, 05:40 AM

sup nono? good win last night

rayjayjohnson
06-13-2014, 05:40 AM
Add Melo to match up with Diaw...

in a hotdog eating contest?

Clipper Nation
06-13-2014, 06:21 AM
The Heat have a huge problem this summer and its name is Dwyane Wade, tbh....

After this series, there's no doubt Wade's opting in.... he's not getting anywhere close to $41 mil over the next two seasons on the open market, he would be a fool to opt out.... problem is, that severely hinders Miami's ability to reload for another title run, tbh....

Additionally, it's not like the Heat are going to just shove him aside into retirement either, that would look terrible after all he's done for that franchise....

That selfish faggot Wade is also not taking a reduced role, let's not kid ourselves here.... Wade as the sixth man is so laughable, it's not even worth considering....

Tbh, the Big Three era is essentially over in Miami.... if I'm LeBron, I'm leaving Miami this summer instead of allowing two so-called "superstar" coattail riders and a scrub supporting cast that looks more and more like Cleveland every day to ruin my legacy any more....

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 07:15 AM
The Heat have a huge problem this summer and its name is Dwyane Wade, tbh....

After this series, there's no doubt Wade's opting in.... he's not getting anywhere close to $41 mil over the next two seasons on the open market, he would be a fool to opt out.... problem is, that severely hinders Miami's ability to reload for another title run, tbh....

Additionally, it's not like the Heat are going to just shove him aside into retirement either, that would look terrible after all he's done for that franchise....

That selfish faggot Wade is also not taking a reduced role, let's not kid ourselves here.... Wade as the sixth man is so laughable, it's not even worth considering....

Tbh, the Big Three era is essentially over in Miami.... if I'm LeBron, I'm leaving Miami this summer instead of allowing two so-called "superstar" coattail riders and a scrub supporting cast that looks more and more like Cleveland every day to ruin my legacy any more....

Clippers are the ideal situation for him.

Can't they afford him? I haven't looked at the cap situation in awhile.

Raven
06-13-2014, 07:49 AM
limit wade's minutes and develop his players more instead of just making them spot up shooters.

UZER
06-13-2014, 07:57 AM
only ring chasers will join them for last paycheck

i dont see any upcoming stars joining him, i dont believe in that shit about making extra money on the oustide of the nba contract cause that shit aint guaranteed contract like nba salary contract, not everyone is popular

lebron only has 1 option either leave or stay
wade either retires, fck off somewhere else, or take MLE type money or lesser, this clown has regressed faster then a cripple kirby
bosh is going to get paid even for a softy pansy big shooter, his still a big

Man...the spurs are the perfect team for a superstar to come to if he wants to ring. All the complimentary pieces are already in place to complete for years while he would be able to shine if he just bought into the system.

But all these fake ass "competitors" would still rather join a super team.