PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments by the Heat???

xellos88330
06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
I am confident that the Spurs will win on Sunday for one reason alone. Spoelstra started trying different lineups and after 2 scores, the Spurs proceeded to promptly crush it. They attempted to go bigger with Haslem, it worked for maybe 3 possessions then the Spurs adjusted and defeated it. They tried running without a pg and making Wade the 1, the Spurs adjusted and ended it.

What can the Heat do aside from make more shots to extend this series? Serious question.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 02:15 AM
They really don't have the talent to beat the Spurs, tbh..they have 1 superstar and a bunch of role players that can't play defense..

It's also likely that they feel defeated, at this point..

Lebron scored 19 in the 3rd and it didn't put a dent in the Spurs' lead..it's demoralizing, at this point..

Mugen
06-13-2014, 02:18 AM
I don't know if they can rework their entire defensive philosophy in a couple of days. Their trapping scheme pretty much guarantees an open shot for the Spurs on any possession where they don't turn it over.

Maybe they lay off Boris more and dare him to shoot but it goes against what they've been doing on D for the last 2-3 years tbh.

hommeaetage
06-13-2014, 02:29 AM
I can see them giving Beasley some burn to jumpstart their offense. the problem is Beasley is a bad defender so...They might try to go big, then again that would be one less 3 point shooters the Spurs would have to worry about. I wished the game was on Saturday rather than on Sunday though, they looked really tired and the Spurs depth would have given them the advantage

BatManu20
06-13-2014, 02:33 AM
Whatever it is, I hope the Spurs come out firing and build a lead early so it demoralizes them. I don't want them getting any confidence. I think they will show up though. Won't be an easy win imo.

Mugen
06-13-2014, 02:35 AM
:lol Cool Beas has been yucking it up on the bench in a suit for the last two months. I guarantee nobody wants the series to end on Sunday more than Beasley so that nigga has more time to play the new Mario Kart tbh

Kidd K
06-13-2014, 02:35 AM
Wade and Bosh are switching to the more sturdy braided line, and LeBron is breaking out the heavier fishing rod since he's hoping to catch the bigger fish this time.

T Park
06-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Maybe start Haslem. Outside of that, maybe start Allen instead of Chalmers.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 02:42 AM
Maybe start Haslem. Outside of that, maybe start Allen instead of Chalmers.

They were suggesting the latter on Miami sports radio, but the Heat feared that Lebron/Wade handling the ball even more would tire them out(they already look dead) against a relentless Spurs team..

Prime Time
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
I don't know if they can rework their entire defensive philosophy in a couple of days. Their trapping scheme pretty much guarantees an open shot for the Spurs on any possession where they don't turn it over.

Maybe they lay off Boris more and dare him to shoot but it goes against what they've been doing on D for the last 2-3 years tbh.
yeah, if they come out and do something drastically different and completely rework their defense, they're going to have so many miscues, wrong guys rotating, etc.

at this point you are who you are and adjustments are just more of emphasizing specific players/sets more than revamping your approach

spursmvp
06-13-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm just afraid of lebron going off like he did in game 6 against celtics in 2012...

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm just afraid of lebron going off like he did in game 6 against celtics in 2012...

Lebron could go for 50 and they wouldn't win IMO..

They barely won game 2 when he had a historic 2nd half, tbh..

He scored 19 in the 3rd tonight, and it didn't even put a dent in the Spurs:lol..

xtremesteven33
06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I dont wanna hear no bullshit "Lebron had no help". He continues to show lack of will and determination and leadership. He has great weapons around him but for whatever reason is unable to make it all work. As many positives Lebron has to his game he has negatives as well. He holds the ball too long and has no post game. Great teams will expose this. The Spurs have done it. But youll have Lebron nut huggers blame his team and the coach per usual.

Mugen
06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
I dont wanna hear no bullshit "Lebron had no help". He continues to show lack of will and determination and leadership. He has great weapons around him but for whatever reason is unable to make it all work. As many positives Lebron has to his game he has negatives as well. He holds the ball too long and has no post game. Great teams will expose this. The Spurs have done it. But youll have Lebron nut huggers blame his team and the coach per usual.

:lol He's averaging like 28ppg on 70%

So he should be expected to score, facilitate, and be their defensive anchor against a historically great offense tbh??

HI-FI
06-13-2014, 02:51 AM
:lol Cool Beas has been yucking it up on the bench in a suit for the last two months. I guarantee nobody wants the series to end on Sunday more than Beasley so that nigga has more time to play the new Mario Kart tbh
:rollin
that shit does look dope tho.

therealtruth
06-13-2014, 02:59 AM

So he should be expected to score, facilitate, and be their defensive anchor against a historically great offense tbh??

I'm expecting a regression to the mean for Lebron.

xtremesteven33
06-13-2014, 03:01 AM

Spurs are looking great at the expense of Lebron. Lebrons game need to evolve from the perimeter to the post. Hes losing his athleticism and stamina. Sure his teammates deserve blame but this is what Lebron gets paid the big bucks for. You gotta put your team in a position to win.

Horry Hipcheck
06-13-2014, 04:38 AM
Spo doesn't have a lot of other options, his players aren't producing. If Bosh and Wade get hot, then maybe it disrupts the Spurs on D. But they haven't, and it isn't. Everything Spo throws at the monster gets crushed. Lebron scored 19 of his 28 in the third quarter tonight, and the Heat lost the quarter by 5 - on a night when Manu, Boris, and Duncan combined for 25 points.

The Heat need production, and their stars are gassed and their role players aren't as good as the Spurs' role players because they're all a bunch of talented guys assembled because they're talented, not because they fit the system. Players that know their role and are good at filling it are more powerful than talented players put on the court together. The Spurs aren't unbeatable, but they have to beat themselves more than Miami can beat them.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2014, 04:39 AM
Adjustments by Spurs: A/C on or off?

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Wade off the bench? Allen starting? Not many options are possible, the Heat have not shown to have a ton of depth outside of LeBron and Bosh's range.

xellos88330
06-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Adjustments by Spurs: A/C on or off?

I think Pop turned off the A/C. He knows that Spoelstra is running LeBron into the dirt and wanted to help teach him how to manage minutes. Pop is such a great guy.

heyheymymy
06-13-2014, 04:59 AM

he's got that kush OD just waiting for him

Fireball
06-13-2014, 05:09 AM
No effective adjustments possible for the Heat ... they can only play harder on both sides of the floor

spursmike.
06-13-2014, 05:27 AM
They are not able to stop Diaw.

Brazil
06-13-2014, 07:23 AM
They will try a bit of Beasley IMO

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 07:29 AM
It's over. The Spurs have figured out the Heat's defense and they have absolutely no backup plan to stop the Spurs. They have no Shot blockers and the Spurs are just getting what they want at this point.

What helped the Heat win in Game 2 was the fact the Spurs hadn't fully adjust to Miami's defensive scheme. Now that they have, this series is as good as done. .

therealtruth
06-13-2014, 07:49 AM
They are not able to stop Diaw.

I love D. Wade on him. It's such a mismatch.

Capt Bringdown
06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Take more drugs. She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie...

scramby eggs
06-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Spo doesn't have a lot of other options, his players aren't producing. If Bosh and Wade get hot, then maybe it disrupts the Spurs on D. But they haven't, and it isn't. Everything Spo throws at the monster gets crushed. Lebron scored 19 of his 28 in the third quarter tonight, and the Heat lost the quarter by 5 - on a night when Manu, Boris, and Duncan combined for 25 points.

The Heat need production, and their stars are gassed and their role players aren't as good as the Spurs' role players because they're all a bunch of talented guys assembled because they're talented, not because they fit the system. Players that know their role and are good at filling it are more powerful than talented players put on the court together. The Spurs aren't unbeatable, but they have to beat themselves more than Miami can beat them.

This

Spurs9
06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Pop has had a year to study the matchup in anticipation of the series. He experimented during the regular season with every matchup possible, he had to make adjustments in the playoffs in each series mainly during OKC and Dallas. Hes a mastermind with changes or countering anything Miami will try. Hes symply exposing the Heat for the overrated team they are. Not to mention our bench is deep until the last person on it. We have a much much better team, you can't win against us with 1 or 2 good players.

hsxvvd
06-13-2014, 08:55 AM
There is a lot of shit being written in this thread that'll be swallowed hard if this thing turns around. The Heat are more than capable of beating us 3 in a row... the Thunder got us 4 in 2012... and then got beat by this team.

DieMrBond
06-13-2014, 09:00 AM
?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

So much god damn respect for posting this.

Crookshanks
06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
There is a lot of shit being written in this thread that'll be swallowed hard if this thing turns around. The Heat are more than capable of beating us 3 in a row... the Thunder got us 4 in 2012... and then got beat by this team.

No, this Heat team is NOT capable of beating this Spurs team 3 in a row. This is NOT 2012, nor 2013 - this Spurs team is on a mission, and the goal is in sight. They will not let down, nor will they take Miami lightly - they will come out on fire in game 5 and not let up until the goal is accomplished.

:lobt:

Jordanobili2320
06-13-2014, 09:11 AM

I admire your patience and I am with you in the celebrating early is way way way risky. But you have to chill with saying they are MORE than capable. Yes, they could do it, but it would be extraordinarily difficult and would warrant a MASSIVE overhaul on strategy.

Mr. Body
06-13-2014, 09:19 AM
It's not Spoelstra's fault. It's not LeBron's fault.

There's not a lot in Spo's arsenal to work with. He has no time to dump the trapping offense, which is figured out. LeBron's been fantastic, but the role-players look really, really old. Bosh looks wimpy and exposed. Wade looks old and decrepit.

The Spurs just have them figured out, and there's no one on the bench to turn to. Riley needs to take a deep look at retooling this team - he's a smart man, he knows it. But it's too late for this series.

This series is like Spurs-Lakers in '03. The Spurs just dismantled them. No contest. Too bad for us they turned around and got Payton and Malone. But that series showed just how dried up their insides were. Same with this series.

superbigtime
06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
I love D. Wade on him. It's such a mismatch.

Loved watching that, how delicious! There is nothing left for Spoelstra to try. I thought he was pretty creative.

Brazil
06-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Pop has had a year to study the matchup in anticipation of the series. He experimented during the regular season with every matchup possible, he had to make adjustments in the playoffs in each series mainly during OKC and Dallas. Hes a mastermind with changes or countering anything Miami will try. Hes symply exposing the Heat for the overrated team they are. Not to mention our bench is deep until the last person on it. We have a much much better team, you can't win against us with 1 or 2 good players.

How a two champion can be overrated ? mind blowing

phxspurfan
06-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Don't be so old, slow and dumb

phxspurfan
06-13-2014, 11:29 AM
It's not Spoelstra's fault. It's not LeBron's fault.

There's not a lot in Spo's arsenal to work with. He has no time to dump the trapping offense, which is figured out. LeBron's been fantastic, but the role-players look really, really old. Bosh looks wimpy and exposed. Wade looks old and decrepit.

The Spurs just have them figured out, and there's no one on the bench to turn to. Riley needs to take a deep look at retooling this team - he's a smart man, he knows it. But it's too late for this series.

This. Riles needs to go back to the free agent store this offseason and buy another team.

ducks
06-13-2014, 11:31 AM
be interesting to see if pat can get bosh and wade to opt out and sign for lesser deals
both are not max players

SpurSwag
06-13-2014, 11:45 AM
its hard to put this on lebron, most blame should be on wade for being a no show all series

Spurs9
06-13-2014, 08:13 PM
How a two champion can be overrated ? mind blowing
Fluke stuff for the last championship

skulls138
06-13-2014, 08:36 PM
its hard to put this on lebron, most blame should be on wade for being a no show all seriesMeh, yeah he scored but it seemed uninspired. He should be doing what Kawhi was doing, just willing the job done.