PDA

View Full Version : TSA Possible Changes

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't mind the pilots wanting to be able to tote certain items, but the whole Congressional members get to bypass security thing is bullshit to me.

exstatic
08-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Brought to you by your GOP congress. Give 'em a hand.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah, because a congress full of Democrats has always been on the forefront of witholding privellege from itself. Right.

exstatic
08-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey, the GOP is supposed to be about protecting us and the national interest...RIGHT?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't see any voices of disapproval from the left side of the aisle up on Capitol Hill....

And I'm not doing so hot on wrapping my brain around the idea that throwing stars, bows and arrows, and blades shorter than 5 inches are somehow "safe" on planes.

Who needs to take Chinese stars on a friggin' airplane for any reason? Bows and arrows? WTF?

And a blade under 5" is still long enough to start cutting jugulars and inflicting deadly bodily harm.

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 10:01 AM
As long as they don't have a baby with them...

08-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't see any voices of disapproval from the left side of the aisle up on Capitol Hill....

And I'm not doing so hot on wrapping my brain around the idea that throwing stars, bows and arrows, and blades shorter than 5 inches are somehow "safe" on planes.

Who needs to take Chinese stars on a friggin' airplane for any reason? Bows and arrows? WTF?

And a blade under 5" is still long enough to start cutting jugulars and inflicting deadly bodily harm.

Well, as a bowhunter myself, I can see if you were traveling somewhere to hunt you might want to take your bow along with you.

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
As a carry-on, though?

exstatic
08-16-2005, 06:25 PM

The "right side" is in the driver's seat, if you hadn't noticed. The left could disapprove all they wanted, and it wouldn't make no nevermind. The GOP has all the votes they need in order to do or block anything they want. They let this one go by, and I'm calling them on it.

Vashner
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
They wanted to know if my walking cane was a "weapon". I just said "un no I have a disablity". Then the guy gave me a dirty look.