PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If LeBron leads the Heat to a Finals victory after their sluggish start...

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Do you think he surpasses Jordan, tbh? Jordan never had to carry such a load on his shoulders with a comeback like having to win 3 games in a row against one of the greatest teams in NBA history, with 2 of them in San Antonio.

Infinite_limit
06-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Jordan? Haha no

But he would have a defining Finals moment unlike Kobe, Shaq or Duncan. Just look at Wade's legacy and see how far 1 single series can take you

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 04:46 AM
Jordan? Haha no

But he would have a defining Finals moment unlike Kobe, Shaq or Duncan. Just look at Wade's legacy and see how far 1 single series can take you

Have you ever watched Jordan play, btw? You said he wasn't a super-athlete, so I'm just curious..it's a strange statement to make, considering it's his biggest strength as a player, so I was wondering..

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Lebron would be vaulted to GOAT, because it's going to take a 40ppg or more effort from here on out to beat the Spurs. Not to mention what he'll have to do on the defensive end.

10,000,000 to 1 shot.

But if Wade, Bosh, and their role players magically explode, with Lebron playing like he has (28-30ppg), then no.

Like anything, it depends on how he does it.

Thebesteva
06-13-2014, 04:54 AM
You guys are either trolling or retarded if you think Lebronze has less of a supporting cast than MJ.

Somehow Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Kerr, Paxson, Grant are 10 x better than Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Battier, Andersen? Don't let your hate blind you. I hated MJ with a passion, the amount of BS I heard from MJ fans during the 90's. However, it was true, I knew he was the GOAT in the making. Lebron is overrated, it takes an unreal amount of retardation to not see that hes media made with the officiating his way. You can't even touch the guy without a foul getting called on you.

DAF86
06-13-2014, 05:12 AM
You guys are either trolling or retarded if you think Lebronze has less of a supporting cast than MJ.

Somehow Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Kerr, Paxson, Grant are 10 x better than Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Battier, Andersen? Don't let your hate blind you. I hated MJ with a passion, the amount of BS I heard from MJ fans during the 90's. However, it was true, I knew he was the GOAT in the making. Lebron is overrated, it takes an unreal amount of retardation to not see that hes media made with the officiating his way. You can't even touch the guy without a foul getting called on you.

Are you even watching the games? Heat would give all the PGs in their roster to have Kerr or Paxson right now. Pippen vs this Wade isn't even worth arguing. And Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Harper is more or less the same as Bosh, Allen, Andersen.

Thebesteva
06-13-2014, 05:31 AM
Are you even watching the games? Heat would give all the PGs in their roster to have Kerr or Paxson right now. Pippen vs this Wade isn't even worth arguing. And Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Harper is more or less the same as Bosh, Allen, Andersen.

Jordan>Lebron. That's really where the problem is

DAF86
06-13-2014, 05:34 AM
Jordan>Lebron. That's really where the problem is

Why are you bringing supporting cast arguments then?

scanry
06-13-2014, 05:49 AM

You're overrating Kerr tbh. He was merely a spot up shooter (albeit a great one). Paxson on the other hand is like Derek Fisher who was perfect for the triangle.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 08:57 AM
shit would be ten times worse than 6 if we pissed away this 3-1 lead and ended up losing the series tbh. we're been dominant so far but you know everything can happen in NBA. the refs may take control of the series any time and draw it back to a tossup.

sook
06-13-2014, 09:00 AM
His competition isn't Jordan, its Bird & Magic, two players you could argue he might already be better than.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-13-2014, 09:03 AM
lol Not 1, Not 2, Not 3....Niggas could barely get 2.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Satan only comparable to the payton-malone tier, imho. Back in 10 he was as desperate for a ring as a 40yr old virgin bitch for dicks.

JoeTait75
06-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Lebron is overrated, it takes an unreal amount of retardation to not see that hes media made with the officiating his way. You can't even touch the guy without a foul getting called on you.

LeBron wishes he got the calls MJ got, tbh.

To the OP's question, no disrespect but it's like asking if Kyrie Irving would be a top-five all-time PG if he leads the Cavaliers to the title next year. Like, yeah, maybe, but what's the point in asking? It isn't going to happen either way.

DMC
06-13-2014, 09:38 AM

Lakers fan loves to downplay Lebron as a desperate attempt to buoy Kobe and diminish any ring taken from James.

jimbo
06-13-2014, 10:05 AM
You're overrating Kerr tbh. He was merely a spot up shooter (albeit a great one). Paxson on the other hand is like Derek Fisher who was perfect for the triangle.

It just speaks to how bad the Heats PGs have been really. A spot up shooter? Thats all the Heat need tbh. Chalmers/Cole/Douglass have been beyond pathetic. Heat Mike Bibby levels of bad.

And Lebron would easily be #2 if he managed to pull a 40-10-5 line as the Heat win or something. I don't know about passing Jordan right now, but he'd be getting close. These Spurs are too damn good. Better than any team MJ/Kobe ever beat IMO.

It's gonna take more than scoring for the Heat to win though. He'd need to also completely dominate on the defensive end along with Three actually playing some D.

Beyond ridiculous if that happens.

DAF86
06-13-2014, 10:45 AM

I'm not overrating shit. I'm sure Lebron would give his left nut to have the best three point shooter of all-time instead of the shit he is getting from Chalmers and Cole.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-13-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm not overrating shit. I'm sure Lebron would give his left nut to have the best three point shooter of all-time instead of the shit he is getting from Chalmers and Cole.
You have to be a big dumbass to rate Kerr the best three point shooter all time over Ray Allen.

DAF86
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
You have to be a big dumbass to rate Kerr the best three point shooter all time over Ray Allen.

Numbers speak for themselves, tbh. Either way. that's not the point. The point is that Chalmers and Cole are atrocious right now.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Numbers speak for themselves, tbh. Either way. that's not the point. The point is that Chalmers and Cole are atrocious right now.
Allen has the better shooting percentage in the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:54 AM

i prefer brent barry over these 2 clowns, barry aint clutch...but his a very accurate deadly shooter, his downside was too passive on offense to chuck...a guy who has high efficiency should be allowed to chuck cause u can live and die knowing theres a chance he hits that....

i still dont know why a guy like neal was given green light to chuck, when brent was just as accurate out there...look at patty mills for example, his given the green light to chuck cause pop knows a guy who has a jumpshot is better then a guy without a jumpshot who makes you hold ur balls knowing theres a high chance of brick then making a shot, streaky shooters like enrique is an example

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 10:55 AM
His competition isn't Jordan, its Bird & Magic, two players you could argue he might already be better than.
Agree. The Jordan comparisons are asinine at this point. Lebron's with the Bird and Magic company and that's a very fine group if you ask me.

scanry
06-13-2014, 10:55 AM

It's not always about percentages. Kerr was a horrible defender and you'd think a coach like Pop wouldn't abuse him on the other end. Chalmers and Cole are having a bad series, but that's what happens when the other role players get old. And btw the Spurs are playing some amazing defense this series.

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 10:57 AM
In what universe is Steve Kerr the best 3 point shooter of all time? So somehow Spurs fans forget the player responsible for reviving Miami's title hopes in 2013 and was the main reason they're not repeating this season. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Agree. The Jordan comparisons are asinine at this point. Lebron's with the Bird and Magic company and that's a very fine group if you ask me.

this doesnt make sense at all man

alot of ppl have bird/magic ahead of duncan, so htf is lebron going to leap frog duncan after this dismissal finals performance?

unless u have duncan above both them players or in between, the bron only has a case of actually passing 1 of them but not duncan...remember only 1 player in that tier has a case to be above duncan,

DAF86
06-13-2014, 10:58 AM
It's not always about percentages. Kerr was a horrible defender and you'd think a coach like Pop wouldn't abuse him on the other end. Chalmers and Cole are having a bad series, but that's what happens when the other role players get old. And btw the Spurs are playing some amazing defense this series.

Both have missed some wide ass open shots. I'm sure Spo and Lebron would rather have Kerr in there shitty defense or not. Besides it's not like Chalmers or Cole are doing great on that end either.

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 11:00 AM
this doesnt make sense at all man

alot of ppl have bird/magic ahead of duncan, so htf is lebron going to leap frog duncan after this dismissal finals performance?

unless u have duncan above both them players or in between, the bron only has a case of actually passing 1 of them but not duncan...remember only 1 player in that tier has a case to be above duncan,
I don't care about ranking in general to be quite honest, but Lebron is not in Jordan's level. Sorry to say.

DAF86
In what universe is Steve Kerr the best 3 point shooter of all time? So somehow Spurs fans forget the player responsible for reviving Miami's title hopes in 2013 and was the main reason they're not repeating this season. :lol

Well, 2nd best if you want, 3rd, 50th. Whatever will be better than the PG play they're getting now.

scanry

Allen, Miller and Green will probably go down as better shooters than Kerr tbh. People fail to realize Kerr hardly played in the finals. I remember him playing back up pg in 99 finals and Pop would always take him out due to his atrocious defense. He hardly played in 03 finals. His only saving grace moment was that 97 finals (and that was only one game).

Clipper Nation
06-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Allen, Miller and Green will probably go down as better shooters than Kerr tbh. People fail to realize Kerr hardly played in the finals. I remember him playing back up pg in 99 finals and Pop would always take him out due to his atrocious defense. He hardly played in 03 finals. His only saving grace moment was that 97 finals (and that was only one game).
Didn't he bail Enrique's ass out a few times in '03? :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Well, 2nd best if you want, 3rd, 50th. Whatever will be better than the PG play they're getting now.

I think its more on the system than the players. The Heat heavily depends on Lebron to create plays and score to make them go. If he's not doing that, they have absolutely no one to else since Wade has regressed so back in the Finals. All of Chicago's championship roster sans Jordan wouldn't make any difference at this point, the Spurs are just the better team and they have made calculated adjustments to make sure that this time, they close the series out in their favor.

scanry
06-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Didn't he bail Enrique's ass out a few times in '03? :lol

CN, that was Claxton. Kerr i think only played two or three games through out those playoffs. He did bail out the Spurs against them Mavs though. He also got his first break as a color commentator with the Spurs in 04.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2014, 11:57 AM
CN, that was Claxton. Kerr i think only played two or three games through out those playoffs. He did bail out the Spurs against them Mavs though. He also got his first break as a color commentator with the Spurs in 04.
I wish we had a Kerr or Claxton to bail out our choking-ass point guard come playoff time :depressed

Horse
06-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Jordan? Haha no

I would call Duncan near quad-double in the championship clincher in '03 a defining moment

Infinite_limit
06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Have you ever watched Jordan play, btw? You said he wasn't a super-athlete, so I'm just curious..it's a strange statement to make, considering it's his biggest strength as a player, so I was wondering..
Jordan's biggest strength was his mental toughness & killer instinct.

The same quality that gave him the balls to take the Game Winning shot as a Freshman on a team with 12 NBA players. James doesn't even have the balls to do that as a 28 year old.

ambchang
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Don't underestimate the power of HGH. Wade will start game 5 on a mission and a more muscular jaw.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Jordan's biggest strength was his mental toughness & killer instinct.

The same quality that gave him the balls to take the Game Winning shot as a Freshman on a team with 12 NBA players. James doesn't even have the balls to do that as a 28 year old.

:lmao Jordan's killer instinct and mental toughness, whatever that means, is more important than his super-human athleticism? Ok..

Ghazi
06-13-2014, 05:02 PM

RAy allen such a scrub

DMC
06-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Don't underestimate the power of HGH. Wade will start game 5 on a mission and a more muscular jaw.

And remember KL fouled out at home in his last game there so the refs can surely turn the tide.