PDA

View Full Version : Any worries about game 5 being a trap game?

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:37 AM
Our win was awesome and easily worth celebrating and embracing, I mean, if a team in the Finals wins two big games on the road against the 2-time defending champions with a 3-1 lead, it's usually time to celebrate.

However, doesn't it feel a bit like game 5 is a trap game for the Heat to win? Do you have any fears, at all, of a backdoor sweep happening to us?

I know it's unlikely, deathly unlikely, but so was 6., 0.4, and the Dirk foul by Manu.

Our guys are ready for the challenge, I know that, you can tell they aren't satisfied with just winning 3 games in the series.

Any fears that we might lose game 5 and going back to another game 6 in Miami? We are two losses away from a tossup series tbh... they cannot afford to lose game 5.

Or do you think the pressure the Heat feel will be enough to capsize their already-sinking team? Clearly the Heat have been the worse team over all 4 games, but do you think it's possible that we somehow find a way to endure another impossible loss here? This would be, like the other thread said, would be far worse than 6. if we cannot close out this series.

I'm confident, myself, but I will be very worried if we do not win game 5.

Sunday cannot come soon enough — I want this shit over with. :lol

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 04:40 AM
i think with 2 days off, its lets the spurs get focused, instead of going into the game with a honeymoon hangover of games 3&4

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:41 AM
i think with 2 days off, its lets the spurs get focused, instead of going into the game with a honeymoon hangover of games 3&4

It's good to have some rest, because Tim played quite a bit yesterday. I'm worried that the rest will help the Heat more, though — they need it more than we do tbh.

hommeaetage
06-13-2014, 04:42 AM
They know what's at stake, Pop will remind them of 6

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 04:43 AM
If i'm pop, the first thing i do is take them in the film room and show them the footage of 6

jstep13
06-13-2014, 04:46 AM
Game 4 was the trap game and they responded well. Game 5, they'll be at home and they'll be ready.

Horry Hipcheck
06-13-2014, 04:48 AM
No to everything. No, no, no, no.

There's a vast difference in the mentality of a bunch of users on an Internet forum, some of whom start tightening the nooses when the Spurs lose just once, and a team of professional players anchored by a veteran core that's been here before. Fans get ahead of themselves and celebrate early. The Spurs do not. Our mentality is not their mentality.

No team has ever overcome a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals, against a deeper, stronger, younger, hungrier team that holds HCA and just beat the living shit out of their opponents by 40 combined points on the road in an arena where said opponent had previously not lost in these playoffs. Game 4 was the trap game. Game 4 was the game that the Heat should have delivered an early knockout punch and forced Pop to wilt, to get into the heads of the players and remind them who was champion and how far they'd have to go to topple them. Game 4 was Miami's chance to push Game 3 aside and answer like the titans of basketball they supposedly are, and they didn't come anywhere close to doing it.

The Spurs could lose Game 5, sure. It's not even slightly impossible. But worry if they do? Please. Miami only has a victory notched in the series because the Spurs quite literally handed it to them with sloppy late game execution and four missed FTs. That's how close this was to being a sweep. It took all of that for Miami to win by 2, and the Spurs responded by tearing them apart in consecutive games for the first time since 2011. Teams that get beaten that soundly don't suddenly flip a switch and win 3 in a row, including 2 on the road. These Spurs didn't come all this way from 2013 to overcome their hated rivals in the playoffs for a rematch with their nemesis, absolutely obliterate them in 3 out of 4 games, only to decide it was enough and settle for collapsing in 7. Pop has made too many adjustments that Spo has no answer for, these aren't fluke wins. The Spurs are beating them. They're being thrown every tactic Spo has available and each one has been futile. The Heat will have to play like immortals AND hope the Spurs play poorly if they're going to force a Game 6. And even then, is playing in Miami all that intimidating to a team that just slaughtered the previously-unbeaten Heat in their own gym twice in three nights?

dg7md
06-13-2014, 04:52 AM

There's a vast difference in the mentality of a bunch of users on an Internet forum, some of whom start tightening the nooses when the Spurs lose just once, and a team of professional players anchored by a veteran core that's been here before. Fans get ahead of themselves and celebrate early. The Spurs do not. Our mentality is not their mentality.

No team has ever overcome a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals, against a deeper, stronger, younger, hungrier team that holds HCA and just beat the living shit out of their opponents by 40 combined points on the road in an arena where said opponent had previously not lost in these playoffs. Game 4 was the trap game. Game 4 was the game that the Heat should have delivered an early knockout punch and forced Pop to wilt, to get into the heads of the players and remind them who was champion and how far they'd have to go to topple them. Game 4 was Miami's chance to push Game 3 aside and answer like the titans of basketball they supposedly are, and they didn't come anywhere close to doing it.

The Spurs could lose Game 5, sure. It's not even slightly impossible. But worry if they do? Please. Miami only has a victory notched in the series because the Spurs quite literally handed it to them with sloppy late game execution and four missed FTs. That's how close this was to being a sweep. It took all of that for Miami to win by 2, and the Spurs responded by tearing them apart in consecutive games for the first time since 2011. Teams that get beaten that soundly don't suddenly flip a switch and win 3 in a row, including 2 on the road. These Spurs didn't come all this way from 2013 to overcome their hated rivals in the playoffs for a rematch with their nemesis, absolutely obliterate them in 3 out of 4 games, only to decide it was enough and settle for collapsing in 7. Pop has made too many adjustments that Spo has no answer for, these aren't fluke wins. The Spurs are beating them. They're being thrown every tactic Spo has available and each one has been futile. The Heat will have to play like immortals AND hope the Spurs play poorly if they're going to force a Game 6. And even then, is playing in Miami all that intimidating to a team that just slaughtered the previously-unbeaten Heat in their own gym twice in three nights?

:tu I can't at all argue with your takes... and trust me, I agree and I think it makes more sense to think like your post states. I just am worried that with LeBron on their team that some crazy unlucky shit can happen to us again...

xellos88330
06-13-2014, 04:57 AM
I just don't see anything the Heat can do with their lineup or any adjustments that will make it harder for the Spurs to rape them. It will take a blistering shooting percentage and a cold night for the Spurs for them to have a chance of at least getting kissed first.

Horry Hipcheck
06-13-2014, 05:01 AM
:tu I can't at all argue with your takes... and trust me, I agree and I think it makes more sense to think like your post states. I just am worried that with LeBron on their team that some crazy unlucky shit can happen to us again...

A lot of things can still happen, to be sure. Lebron could erupt for 50, for all we know. I just don't see crazy shit happening 3 games in a row. Miami is older, they have no bench production, Lebron torched the Spurs for 35 the other night and his team won by 2. He needs help, and aside from Allen nobody is giving it to him. He can't beat the Spurs by himself - he tried in the third quarter tonight and the Spurs beat him by 5. Wade is clearly about to die, Bosh is limited in his effectiveness, Andersen is hobbled, someone should put an amber alert out for Mario Chalmers, Cole and Battier are doing nothing, and all of Spo's tactics are being thrown back in his face by the Spurs.

So many things have to not only go right for Miami but also stop going right for the Spurs. Miami can't beat SA alone; the Spurs must also beat themselves. That's what happened in Game 2, Lebron got hot and the Spurs got sloppy. It gave the Heat their lone, measly two point win of the series. When the Spurs aren't beating themselves, they're handing out double digit beatdowns like churros on South Beach. The Spurs will close this out, even if it's not in Game 5.

ezau
06-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Game 6 will be played on loop on Friday and Saturday. POP will make sure.

ezau
06-13-2014, 05:32 AM

Awesome take, man.

mudyez
06-13-2014, 05:41 AM
If i'm pop, the first thing i do is take them in the film room and show them the footage of 6

this!

SayTown
06-13-2014, 06:04 AM
Wade's given up

pookenstein
06-13-2014, 06:22 AM

This. Great take.

boutons_deux
06-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Heat quit last night at the half, or early 3rd qtr at the latest.

They're done, historically, statistically, and they know it.

10:30 Sunday night, Tim hoists the LOB

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Our win was awesome and easily worth celebrating and embracing, I mean, if a team in the Finals wins two big games on the road against the 2-time defending champions with a 3-1 lead, it's usually time to celebrate.

However, doesn't it feel a bit like game 5 is a trap game for the Heat to win? Do you have any fears, at all, of a backdoor sweep happening to us?

I know it's unlikely, deathly unlikely, but so was 6., 0.4, and the Dirk foul by Manu.

Our guys are ready for the challenge, I know that, you can tell they aren't satisfied with just winning 3 games in the series.

Any fears that we might lose game 5 and going back to another game 6 in Miami? We are two losses away from a tossup series tbh... they cannot afford to lose game 5.

Or do you think the pressure the Heat feel will be enough to capsize their already-sinking team? Clearly the Heat have been the worse team over all 4 games, but do you think it's possible that we somehow find a way to endure another impossible loss here? This would be, like the other thread said, would be far worse than 6. if we cannot close out this series.

I'm confident, myself, but I will be very worried if we do not win game 5.

Sunday cannot come soon enough — I want this shit over with. :lol
I agree.

Lebron was unstoppable in Game 7 when the pressure was off and the Spurs were mentally weak. Hopefully the crowd can pull the guys through for once

sook
06-13-2014, 06:51 AM
the heat have their backs against the wall and game 5 will be the Lebron show. What we need to do is let it be the Lebron show and keep the confidence of the rest of the heat players low, 07 Cavs all over again.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 07:04 AM

That's my take. He will be reminding them of that painful loss last year and light that fire in them for game 5. AT&T Center is going to be crazy on Sunday.

jag
06-13-2014, 07:05 AM
the heat have their backs against the wall and game 5 will be the Lebron show. What we need to do is let it be the Lebron show and keep the confidence of the rest of the heat players low, 07 Cavs all over again.

nigga, I'm keeping an eye on you