PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra's adjustments will force Manu to be the star in Game 5

Gino-Step
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Adjustments:

1) No trapping off the pick and rolls.

2) No help defense on the ball or in post up situations.

3) Straight man to man with full switching.

4) If that doesn't work, he will play zone.

5) Can you beat me with 10 assists or less.

The Spurs ball movement has advanced to a point that even hyper athletic teams can't stop it. So the only thing left to try is to end the ball movement.

LeBron on Parker.

This game will come down to Manu at the top of the key. Diaw, Parker, Duncan, Green, Splitter will be rendered relatively useless with this scheme. Game will be much closer as this won't tire the Heat out and the baskets Spurs make will not be so deflating.

If Manu comes through in a close game with 2 days off,

FMVP

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2014, 10:15 AM
The Heat don't have the players to plan man to man at all five positions, it's why their defense is built like it is.

They're going to live or die by their ball hawking, they know no other way.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Stop riding Manu tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Heat have been trapping both Manu and Parker since game 1. They single cover Manu, even on the picks in the first game. But after he scorched them, he has been getting the Parker treatment.

So what, at this point, it doesn't matter. Anyone of the Spurs can scorch you a given night and the Heat realized that by last night.

Budkin
06-13-2014, 10:42 AM
The Spurs are just the better team.

Mr. Body
06-13-2014, 10:51 AM
The trapping doesn't work anymore, true. But they don't have the time or personnel to change at this point.

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Stop riding Manu tbh

No, rather you STOP hating on Manu. Without him the Spurs wouldn't be in the position they are now, and that is a fact!!!
Us rational fans are sick of your Manu hatred BS. You are absolutely one of the all time worst Spurs fans and actually make a better Heat fan than most Heat fans do tbqh.

The Heat don't have the players to plan man to man at all five positions, it's why their defense is built like it is.

They're going to live or die by their ball hawking, they know no other way.

I hope you are right about Manu if for no other reason than to finally once and for all shut these Manu haters up forever!
I and others have had to suffer reading their ignorant fucking bullshit all year long no matter that they were given countless irrefutable evidence that they were clearly and totally wrong.

ElNono
06-13-2014, 10:59 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/ilkaw1.jpg

superbigtime
06-13-2014, 11:02 AM
No, rather you STOP hating on Manu. Without him the Spurs wouldn't be in the position they are now, and that is a fact!!!
Us rational fans are sick of your Manu hatred BS. You are absolutely one of the all time worst Spurs fans and actually make a better Heat fan than most Heat fans do tbqh.

I hope you are right about Manu if for no other reason than to finally once and for all shut these Manu haters up forever!
I and others have had to suffer reading their ignorant fucking bullshit all year long no matter that they were given countless irrefutable evidence that they were clearly and totally wrong.

That's what the ignore list is for amigo :)

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 11:04 AM
If Miami makes that many changes they'll get stomped. If you abandon your entire defensive scheme you've been running for 4 years, there will be zero understanding and communication.

vy65
06-13-2014, 11:06 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/ilkaw1.jpg

lol

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
That's what the ignore list is for amigo :)

This is true except you still have to read their diarrhea.

Purch
06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Last time they did number 2 against you guys, it led to Timmy's huge game in game 6

06-13-2014, 11:15 AM
OKC could do that, but MIA doesn't have the personnel.

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Last time they did number 2 against you guys, it led to Timmy's huge game in game 6

Only this time, this shit has been building all year long!

ezau
06-13-2014, 12:00 PM
LOL at number 3. The Spurs can just pick out which players to play the PnR and the heat would be toast. The Heat need an Ibaka-like shotblocker, but sadly, they don't have one.

xmas1997
06-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Next some idiot will say the Heat are doing this all on purpose to set the Spurs up for over confidence so the Heat can mount a historic come back for their 3peat.
:lmao

cd98
06-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Miami is going to go rugged defense to stop Spurs from scoring and hoping his stars can score just enough to win. Expect to see Haslem. Even though he sucks at defense, I expect to see Beasley activated as a stretch 4.

ezau
06-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Udonis will most likely start in Game 5, but that will just clog the lane and remove another three-point threat for the Heat. Spo will yank Haslem after a few minutes, and will probably go back to his regular rotation. The Heat will also stop double-teaming Diaw to force him to score one-on-one. Either way, Diaw has proven that he's capable of scoring when needed as he has shown in Game 6 against OKC. Frankly, the Heat have to rely on all of their BIG THREE to go off to win a game against San Antonio. With the way Wade is playing, I doubt if the Heat can even make it close even if Bosh and James go off. Bosh will probably be more aggressive, but that's good news for the Spurs because I'd rather have Bosh have the ball than Lebron. There's really not much that the Heat can do in Game 5 that the Spurs don't have an answer for.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2014, 01:14 PM

LMFAO says the guy who doesn't post unless it has to do with Manu... You're a better Argentina fan than Argentinians tbh

Its okay for you Manutards to keep posting repetitive "Parker hero ball" threads though. Gtfo smdh

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2014, 06:57 PM
LMFAO says the guy who doesn't post unless it has to do with Manu... You're a better Argentina fan than Argentinians tbh

Its okay for you Manutards to keep posting repetitive "Parker hero ball" threads though. Gtfo smdh

While he went nuts on you I think some of the stuff he said is valid. You always come out as a Manu hater, whether you want it to look like that or not. Maybe you should tone it down a little bit, I mean if you care at all not to be called a Manu hater. Manu is the Spurs' sacred cow so a lot of people are going to call you out on that.

I think Manu is having a terrific postseason, not just finals. I haven't seen Manu play like this since his prime and I think it has given Miami a lot of trouble having to account for a guy still playing well. Also, numbers-wise, it shows in the stats. But mostly his play-making ability is something the other team has to acknowledge and he has been great. Really better than many years ago - possibly due to not being injured, etc.

If Manu goes for 20+, some assists, rebounds, and steals, and the Spurs basically win it because of him on Sunday then it's potentially possible he even gets considered for FMVP. Long shot though.

Warlord23
06-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Good luck to the Heat if their big adjustment is going to be switching on the pick n roll and playing man defense. That should lead to Duncan and Diaw posting up on Wade or Allen in the paint. Their perimeter guys are already sucking wind. Wade might not make it to the 4th quarter.

99 Problems
06-13-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm all for Bron playing on Parker. 15 full on minutes would end Bron's game.

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 08:50 PM
This is a hilarious thread. Manu tards. Parker haters. Heated arguments about which is better. Classic.

boutons_deux
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't think Heat at this point can make the execute the massive switch in OP, AND execute all game, across all their rotation. LeBron is so athletic he can do pretty much anything prescribed, but not all of them.

otoh, the Spurs have been executing their offense and defense for 4 games, no need for desperation change.

Budkin
06-13-2014, 08:58 PM
lol

Muppets.

Mikeanaro
06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
While he went nuts on you I think some of the stuff he said is valid. You always come out as a Manu hater, whether you want it to look like that or not. Maybe you should tone it down a little bit, I mean if you care at all not to be called a Manu hater. Manu is the Spurs' sacred cow so a lot of people are going to call you out on that.

I think Manu is having a terrific postseason, not just finals. I haven't seen Manu play like this since his prime and I think it has given Miami a lot of trouble having to account for a guy still playing well. Also, numbers-wise, it shows in the stats. But mostly his play-making ability is something the other team has to acknowledge and he has been great. Really better than many years ago - possibly due to not being injured, etc.

If Manu goes for 20+, some assists, rebounds, and steals, and the Spurs basically win it because of him on Sunday then it's potentially possible he even gets considered for FMVP. Long shot though.
You are talking to a troll, one of the most stupid antispur troll to ever grace this place.

Beaverfuzz
06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Maybe Spoelstra's going to Rio on Monday?