PDA

View Full Version : Expectations...

TampaDude
06-13-2014, 10:12 AM
The Spurs can complete their mission of revenge and redemption with just one more win. It would be the perfect finish to the season and one of the greatest sports stories ever. They are so close you can taste it.

I don't EXPECT it to actually happen.

I EXPECT Miami to somehow rise like an unstoppable monster from the ashes of Games 3 and 4 to win Game 5...and Game 6...and Game 7.

I EXPECT the refs to rob us of a victory that would have given us the title.

I EXPECT the Spurs to be the first team in NBA history to choke away a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals.

I EXPECT us all to have our hearts ripped out once again.

Sure, the chances of Miami winning the title are small, but NOT ZERO. I know the Spurs are laser focused on winning the title, but MIRACLES DO HAPPEN in sports.

I hope I'm wrong, but all this seems just a bit too perfect right now...it's like we're being set up for an even bigger heartbreak than 6.

Heat in 7. BOOK IT.

Budkin
06-13-2014, 10:13 AM
:downspin:

Uriel
06-13-2014, 10:29 AM
:tu

TampaDude
06-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Please, bookmark this thread. Come back and read it on the morning of June 21st. Remember, I made it happen. Heat in 7. It can simply be no other way.

capek
06-13-2014, 10:49 AM
No.

DarrinS
06-13-2014, 10:54 AM
I see what you did there

Arc
06-13-2014, 10:57 AM
The San Antonio Spurs have held a 3-1 lead in a best-of-seven series 10 times in the Gregg Popovich era. They have gone on to win the series all 10 times.

fwiw

baseline bum
06-13-2014, 11:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/i4rkMiP.png

06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
According to the stats, the Heat's chances are indeed zero.

TampaDude
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
According to the stats, the Heat's chances are indeed zero.

The past doesn't mean shit. This is now.

06-13-2014, 02:56 PM
The past doesn't mean shit. This is now.until they make history, there chance of winning is set to zero

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 02:08 AM
I expect Manu to blow it.

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 05:03 AM
until they make history, there chance of winning is set to zero

Vegas has Miami at 9-1 to win the title right now. Seems kind of low...they know something. Watch.

heyheymymy
06-14-2014, 05:08 AM
Vegas has Miami at 9-1 to win the title right now. Seems kind of low...they know something. Watch.

it's to trick gamblers to throw cash at a dead corpse of a series

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 05:14 AM
it's to trick gamblers to throw cash at a dead corpse of a series

Yeah, I hope so.

Agloco
06-14-2014, 09:53 AM
The past doesn't mean shit. This is now.

Yet everything you cited is based on past precedent. Smh.

I understand the reverse jinx psychology, but geez.

Shastafarian
06-14-2014, 10:06 AM
I understand the reverse jinx psychology, but geez.
I don't. Do people really believe in that shit? Because some idiot says something on a message board, the cognizant universe will look and say, "well they're not overconfident so let's give them this one." And by "them" I mean the fanbase, not the team. Not the team. Maybe the cognizant universe will look at all these insecure fans and be all "lol GTFO, no title for you".

Horry Hipcheck
06-14-2014, 12:23 PM
The Spurs can complete their mission of revenge and redemption with just one more win. It would be the perfect finish to the season and one of the greatest sports stories ever. They are so close you can taste it.

I EXPECT Miami to somehow rise like an unstoppable monster from the ashes of Games 3 and 4 to win Game 5...and Game 6...and Game 7.

I EXPECT the Spurs to be the first team in NBA history to choke away a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals.

Sure, the chances of Miami winning the title are small, but NOT ZERO. I know the Spurs are laser focused on winning the title, but MIRACLES DO HAPPEN in sports.

I hope I'm wrong, but all this seems just a bit too perfect right now...it's like we're being set up for an even bigger heartbreak than 6.

Heat in 7. BOOK IT.

Good thing you swayed the higher power that governs NBA basketball and the fan bases that curry favor with it by confusing it with your allegiance in this post. Otherwise, idk how a team of millionaire professional athletes was ever going to do the one thing they've been doing year in and year out was going to overcome this universally significant obstacle.

silverblk mystix
06-14-2014, 12:27 PM
The more jinx threads posted here...the less they mean...

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Heat in 7. BOOK IT.

You "expect" too much IMHO.
You sound like a typical "entitled" spoiled brat tbqh.

BillMc
06-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Heat in 7. BOOK IT.

I hope this is just an anti-jinx thread and the mighty TampaDude hasn't really jumped ship.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:36 PM
I hope this is just an anti-jinx thread and the mighty TampaDude hasn't really jumped ship.

There is no such thing as "jinx" or "anti-jinx", that is just idle ignorant superstition.
Those who depend on superstition, don't get very far in life tbqh.

BillMc
06-14-2014, 12:42 PM
There is no such thing as "jinx" or "anti-jinx", that is just idle ignorant superstition.
Those who depend on superstition, don't get very far in life tbqh.

I agree that there is no such thing as a jinx, but there does exist a belief in jinxes by some people, and so I was trying to asses the OP's motivation for posting this. If taken on face value, he has abandoned his team at a strange time. So, I was searching for another reason for him to post what he posted.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree that there is no such thing as a jinx, but there does exist a belief in jinxes by some people, and so I was trying to asses the OP's motivation for posting this. If taken on face value, he has abandoned his team at a strange time. So, I was searching for another reason for him to post what he posted.

If you have read any of his posts in the past then you would have already known that he is a blind unreasoning ignorant psycho with huge issues of depression. He lacks the ability to know reality for what it is.
And most probably he is a troll as well.

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 03:36 PM

No such thing as jinxes or reverse jinxes. Here, I'll prove it: AS LONG AS none of the Spurs' starters gets injured early in Game 5, the Spurs will almost certainly close it out at home. They are a much better team than Miami this year.

Now let's watch Game 5 and see what happens.

rwb
06-14-2014, 06:54 PM
I am superstitious and believe that if I watch the game they will lose. So I record it and keep checking the scores throughout the game. Does this make sense? No. But I'm trying to do my part.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 06:54 PM
I am superstitious and believe that if I watch the game they will lose. So I record it and keep checking the scores throughout the game. Does this make sense? No. But I'm trying to do my part.

Whatever works for you.

Emperor
06-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Spurs can be up 3-0 in the series and lead by 20 at halftime during Game 4. And somehow some Spurs fans still wouldn't be convinced.

The Reckoning
06-14-2014, 08:36 PM
grats to the heat on their threepeat. only the GOAT can rise to come back after 3-1, and the heat are the perfect team to have done so. what a story for lebron and co.

Agloco
06-14-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't. Do people really believe in that shit? Because some idiot says something on a message board, the cognizant universe will look and say, "well they're not overconfident so let's give them this one." And by "them" I mean the fanbase, not the team. Not the team. Maybe the cognizant universe will look at all these insecure fans and be all "lol GTFO, no title for you".

:tu

florige
06-14-2014, 09:19 PM

I am the same way. I periodcally check the score from my phone. Last year I checked my phone towards the end of Game 6 when we were up 5. So stupid me decided the watch the rest of it so I could watch the celebration. We we all know what happened there.

Knoxxx
06-14-2014, 09:30 PM
I think Miami coming back from 3-1 down is too obvious a story to actually happen.

florige
06-14-2014, 10:44 PM
I think Miami coming back from 3-1 down is too obvious a story to actually happen.

The only way that happens would be due to shady officiating aka OKC 2012. And even then it would be too obvious.

TampaDude
06-15-2014, 06:47 AM
The only way that happens would be due to shady officiating aka OKC 2012. And even then it would be too obvious.

Massive unbridled rigging a la the 2002 Kings-Lakers series would be required. I'm talking in-your-face Mafia-style WWE bullshit.

DarrinS
06-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Massive unbridled rigging a la the 2002 Kings-Lakers series would be required. I'm talking in-your-face Mafia-style WWE bullshit.

That was the most blatant screw job, ever

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 09:51 AM
That was the most blatant screw job, ever

It was but the Kings had their chances in game 7. Missed a bunch of free throws.

florige
06-15-2014, 11:21 AM

lol