PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron's having a really good Finals..

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Not sure what this talk is about or what exactly people are expecting out of him:lol..

28 PPG on 70% True Shooting, which is one of the best scoring series' in Finals history..

Lebron's offensive rating: 119 vs. Miami's team rating of 107:lol
Defensive rating: 117 vs. Miami's defensive team reting of 122:lol

Meanwhile, OTOH..

Wade's offensive rating: 93:wow:wow
Defensive rating: 122

Just 1 man vs. the greatest team I've ever seen, tbh..Bosh would be the Spurs 2nd big, he's a great player, but Wade would be the 9th man on the Spurs roster, and Ray Allen would be a slightly better Belinelli..I don't think any other Heat players would make it on the Spurs roster..

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
like i said, game 3 he couldve done more, there was no reason for him to hold back with high efficiency

this clown is protecting his efficiency for a losing effect holds no value, ppl will loook back and ask why didnt he chuck if his shooting efficiency was this guy, then look at the FGA why he taking less, he afraid of chucking his t eam out o fthe finals? is better then rely on whatever crap for that game....

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
He plays team basketball, obviously..

What difference does it make if you shoot 30 times?..you aren't beating this Spurs team with 1 or 2 guys, as we just saw with OKC..

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
It's kind of funny how we all fear Lebron going "God Mode," when he's basically been in God Mode the entire series :lol

Lebron really is going to have to have 3 straight of this http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

Which probably still won't be enough. The Heat still couldn't manage 100 in that game. You need at least 105-110 to beat this Spurs team.

100%duncan
06-13-2014, 10:30 AM
It's kind of funny how we all fear Lebron going "God Mode," when he's basically been in God Mode the entire series :lol

Lebron really is going to have to have 3 straight of this http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

Which probably still won't be enough. The Heat still couldn't manage 100 in that game. You need at least 105-110 to beat this Spurs team.

That's what I said after game 2 tbh... Spurs can take Lebron's best punch.

100%duncan
06-13-2014, 10:30 AM

That's what I said after game 2 tbh... Spurs can take Lebron's best punch.

Bynumite
06-13-2014, 10:32 AM
Boiled down...

2 rings, 3 lost FinalsPERIOD

Raven
06-13-2014, 10:34 AM
the matchup wade-green/manu has been strongly in our favour for the whole series, i think that's where the series has been won so far.

jimbo
06-13-2014, 10:34 AM
+1 on all the Lebron going god mode won't help comments.

The Heat have been getting blown out. Even if you flat just add 20 to Lebron's point total, the Heat still lose. He goes 7/8 for 19 points in a quarter and they still get outscored.

They need to play 24 seconds of D and have their role players hit their open shots along with Lebron having good to great games. It doesn't help that Spo hasn't done much to adjust this series.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:39 AM
they praise him going HAM for game 2

he couldve gone HAM for game 3 with that high efficiency, when his shots were automatic

seriously when the game got tough he just kept on deferring for no apparent reason, why rely on clowns who was disappearing all series...

was there an excuse why he didnt get bosh more involve? instead clowns who had no business shooting, he kept on passing it to them hoping they get going....

seems like his trying to shift the blame that his supporting casts couldnt get it done, the only reason why the heat only won game 2 him going HAM was the chalmers elbow and enrique mode that allowed the heat to stay in the game....start of game4 u can see those high picks the heat were setting trying to get enrique off his feet

all those 3rd quarters in each game he mads his run, and basically took the feet of the gas peddle in the 4th quarter...

Spurs da champs
06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Bron's numbers the last 2 games are so misleading, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Bron's numbers the last 2 games are so misleading, tbh.

u take away his god mode game, his stats are disgusting t hen his worse finals appearance of 07, hence with or without doent make a difference, his clearly have his worse performance this year finals even with high efficiency

ppl will look back and question why high efficiency but didnt take over with more shots?

ppl wil find ways to blame him anyway good/shit game anyway...

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-13-2014, 10:44 AM
The worst defensive rating on the spurs is 114. LeBron's is 117. Stop trying to deflect blame.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Fake ass leader obviously can't inspire his team to play defense :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Lebron has been pretty good indeed but I can't help but notice he's been held back by Kawhi especially the last 2 games. He's completely out of his elements. For example last night, if you look at the stat sheet, his percentage has been so good but it completely overlooks the fact that he played awful basktball in the 1st half and did not score a point in the 4th quarter (He also did not assist a FG in the same quarter).

Lebron is averaging 3 points per game in the 4th quarter for the last 2 games while also uncharacteristically turning the ball over more than handing out assists. Are we seeing shades of 2011 NBA finals from him again? (4th quarter performance)

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Lebron has been pretty good indeed but I can't help but notice he's been held back by Kawhi especially the last 2 games. He's completely out of his elements. For example last night, if you look at the stat sheet, his percentage has been so good but it completely overlooks the fact that he played awful basktball in the 1st half and did not score a point in the 4th quarter (He also did not assist a FG in the same quarter).

Lebron is averaging 3 points per game in the 4th quarter for the last 2 games while also uncharacteristically turning the ball over more than handing out assists. Are we seeing shades of 2011 NBA finals from him again? (4th quarter performance)

is there stats of how many pts he scored on kawhi vs rest of team or individual players who defended him on that fga

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Even after the game 2 loss I said I'm not worried about lebrons scoring unless he complements it with high assist numbers

StrengthAndHonor
06-13-2014, 11:02 AM
is there stats of how many pts he scored on kawhi vs rest of team or individual players who defended him on that fga
I don't know, maybe after the series is over, we'll see it all over the net. I won't be surprised if Lebron is still scoring at a pretty good percentage against Kawhi, for example last night, he scored 10 straight points on Leonard in the 3rd, but the Spurs defense were lax overall after having a huge lead in the half. IN the 4th quarter though, Lebron didn't take as much shots and he missed all of them.

Leonard has been great disrupting James though creating plays for his team evident by his high turnover ratio in the 4th quarter especially in game 3.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2014, 11:04 AM
I don't know, maybe after the series is over, we'll see it all over the net. I won't be surprised if Lebron is still scoring at a pretty good percentage against Kawhi, for example last night, he scored 10 straight points on Leonard in the 3rd, but the Spurs defense were lax overall after having a huge lead in the half. IN the 4th quarter though, Lebron didn't take as much shots and he missed all of them.

Leonard has been great disrupting James though creating plays for his team evident by his high turnover ratio in the 4th quarter especially in game 3.

as long kawhi or team defense holds this clown below his rs/playoff avgs, then his being exposed...

Killakobe81
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Not sure what this talk is about or what exactly people are expecting out of him:lol..

28 PPG on 70% True Shooting, which is one of the best scoring series' in Finals history..

Meanwhile, OTOH..

Just 1 man vs. the greatest team I've ever seen, tbh..Bosh would be the Spurs 2nd big, he's a great player, but Wade would be the 9th man on the Spurs roster, and Ray Allen would be a slightly better Belinelli..I don't think any other Heat players would make it on the Spurs roster..

SPurs are one of the best passing/shooting teams since 80's Lakers/Celts.
But let's not get carried away.
When a great "team" like the 2004 Pistons or 2011 Mavs are playing great team ball it elevates them to greater heights ...but this Spur team is no 90's Bulls, Shaqobe Lakers or 84-86 Celts. Not even sure they are greater than the Bad Boy Pistons who always get slept on ...but that documentary hopefully reminds people.

But this teams is wayyy better than 2011 Mavs, 2009-2010 Lakers Repeat Heat 2006 Heat 2008 Celts etc.
Need to finish this though.

ElNono
06-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, the Heat have basically been him, when it should've been much more than just him...

I can't pin these Finals on him, tbh... he's actually done what he needed to do in order for Miami to win, it's his teammates that have disappeared, and not because he won't pass them the ball, etc...

This actually looks a lot like 2004, tbh, when you have a handicapped player (in this case Wade) having trouble accepting the realities of what's best for the team...

jimbo
06-13-2014, 11:39 AM
The worst defensive rating on the spurs is 114. LeBron's is 117. Stop trying to deflect blame.

:lol

Have you ever even looked at how individual defensive ratings are calculated? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why your post is 100% retarded ...

With those numbers in hand, individual Defensive Rating can be computed:

DRtg = Team_Defensive_Rating + 0.2 * (100 * D_Pts_per_ScPoss * (1 - Stop%) - Team_Defensive_Rating)

where:

Team_Defensive_Rating = 100 * (Opponent_PTS / Team_Possessions)
D_Pts_per_ScPoss = Opponent_PTS / (Opponent_FGM + (1 - (1 - (Opponent_FTM / Opponent_FTA))^2) * Opponent_FTA*0.4)

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM
SPurs are one of the best passing/shooting teams since 80's Lakers/Celts.
But let's not get carried away.
When a great "team" like the 2004 Pistons or 2011 Mavs are playing great team ball it elevates them to greater heights ...but this Spur team is no 90's Bulls, Shaqobe Lakers or 84-86 Celts. Not even sure they are greater than the Bad Boy Pistons who always get slept on ...but that documentary hopefully reminds people.

But this teams is wayyy better than 2011 Mavs, 2009-2010 Lakers Repeat Heat 2006 Heat 2008 Celts etc.
Need to finish this though.

Kind of hard to compare anyhow because of rule changes. Under these rules, these Spurs would beat any title team from '99 to present.

Shaq would be a huge liability defensively with the way the Spurs pass the ball, move without the ball, and utilize the pick and roll. And because perimeter defenders have become faster and longer, they could swarm Shaq and still recover on Lakers shooters if he passes it out. Horry and Fox would be too slow to cover the necessary ground to closeout on Spurs shooters. Young Kobe could, but you see how this offense is even wearing out James. There'd be no 45 points against the Spurs here, especially with Leonard+Green hawking him. Fisher would also be a weak link defensively.

In addition to that, Phil never went deep. An old Horace Grant was the 6th man of the '01 Lakers and an old Brian Shaw was the next guy off the bench. While this team can go 10 deep.

Furthermore, these new style swarming perimeter defenses would eat a Triangle oriented offense alive. It's why no NBA coach really uses it anymore.

Chinook
06-13-2014, 12:28 PM

For Game Three, yes. I made a thread about that upstairs. For Game Four, the numbers will be out sometime tonight/tomorrow morning.

In Game Three, James scored 10 points on Kawhi using 10 possessions (4/7 FG and three turnovers). That was right in line with what he scored against the Spurs as a whole. He got 12 points on 12 possessions against non-Leonard Spurs (5/7 shooting with four turnovers). The fact that James only ended 10 possessions against Leonard in Game Three is a major credit to both Kawhi's ball-denial and the Spurs' defense showing enough bodies to makes Lebron pass it out.

Chinook
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
:lol

Have you ever even looked at how individual defensive ratings are calculated? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why your post is 100% retarded ...

I was going to say that. That's a big reason why I hate using DRtg to evaluate perimeter players. Win-shares have the same problem.

mercos
06-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Lebron scored 19 in the third quarter last night. The rest of his team scored 2 on 1 of 9 shooting I believe. Not much more he can do tbh.

DJB
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Meanwhile, OTOH..

Ha.

DMC
06-13-2014, 04:29 PM
What makes a guy the best is what he does, not what he can do. Lebron can chuck in any desperation moment, but he doesn't because that's not Lebron. He didn't get to where he is by doing that and he won't move forward by doing that. RW does it and where is he? Exactly.

DMC
06-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Lebron scored 19 in the third quarter last night. The rest of his team scored 2 on 1 of 9 shooting I believe. Not much more he can do tbh.

Yet all the talk is about the Spurs overwhelming offense. Heat had just over 50 points near the end of the 3rd. That's not because of the Spurs offense. Spurs didn't score 140pts. Their score was not any higher than most of their regular season games, but the Heat have faced shit offenses all playoffs and coupled with the staunch team defense from SA and Lebron's obvious muscle cramp condition, it could be too much to overcome. As long as SA doesn't get comfortable and Tony doesn't go into "My MVP" mode and Manu doesn't go into game 6 turnover mode, Spurs can close this Sunday.

Thebesteva
06-13-2014, 04:36 PM
LOL this is what happens when all you follow is stats

Tito's Tattews
06-13-2014, 04:36 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/lebron-james-fan-tattoo.png

Medvedenko
06-13-2014, 05:02 PM

Doesn't matter if you shoot 100% if your team loses and you're supposed to be it's best player.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2014, 09:00 PM
LeBron is amazing on offense for three quarters. Kinda crappy on d most of the game but especially after chasing tony around for a quarter

Guy simply can't do it all anymore. Barely could last year.

Infinite_limit
06-14-2014, 01:53 AM
Meh. I'd be more impressed by 50% shooting & 40 PPG

Ultimately: What does it take to keep your team within striking distance. What was the old saying about Kobe: He keeps both teams in the game. But he did not sit around while his team got steam rolled.

Clipper Nation
06-14-2014, 11:07 AM
But he did not sit around while his team got steam rolled.
He got blown out by 39 in a Finals-clinching game :lol

UZER
06-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Meh. I'd be more impressed by 50% shooting & 40 PPG

Ultimately: What does it take to keep your team within striking distance. What was the old saying about Kobe: He keeps both teams in the game. But he did not sit around while his team got steam rolled.

Phx series anyone?

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Lebron finished with the 5th highest PER in Finals history:wow:wow

1. 2002 Shaq
2. 2000 Shaq
3. 1991 Dad Killer
4. 1987 Magic
5. 2014 Lebron

Amazing offensive performance, and the Heat were still blown out in 4 games:lol..this Spurs team is ridiculous, a fucking machine, tbh..

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2014, 03:25 PM

Meanwhile, OTOH..

:rollin

Franklin
07-30-2014, 06:11 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/lebron-james-fan-tattoo.png

more like a hybrid of the Great Satan Lebron and Will Smith, tbh.