PDA

View Full Version : Let emotions get the best of them...

Yuixafun
06-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Logically I don't see why the Spurs simply playing their brand of ball won't prevail in game 5.
It's brutally beautifully brilliantly effective.

At this point, it's all about... who is better able to let the spirit of what they are doing flow through them.
Any little distraction, reminder of the past, or glimpse ahead, will prevent you from being ready in the unfurling moment.

That's why I'm very curious to see how different players will handle this Father's Day Game 5.

Obviously it starts with Kawhi, who lost his Pops at at young age. He's really seemed to make that leap, but will he press too hard this game for sentimental reasons? Might he be even more inspired and uplifted and have another career one?
I also recall one of the others Spurs who changed his last name because he no longer wanted to be associated with the man whose name that was.
I wonder how many other players have, Father fueled memories that might trigger something in their performances come tip off.

Also how many of these players are dads themselves, being kissed on the cheek by their kids to "have a great game dad!" Their Coolness as Dads are at stake.
Amidst all this patriarchal wrapping we can't forget... it's an elimination game.
For the Heat it's been a Humiliating Shame.

The defending 2 time Champs being made into Chumps in front of the whole world, to end their dynasty like this?
As much as I would love to see the Heat wilt and go out with their tails between their legs, I'm skeptical.

If LBJ is to legitimize all that "better than Jordan" malarky, here is where it starts or ends.
If the "best player" in the game disappears like he has in the past, it will forever doom his placement in the NBA pantheon.
Be ready to Witness something Amazing.

And in the background of it all is Mr. Good Better Best Never Let It Rest silently burns.
The negative energy of the Anguished fist pound of last years defeat transformed into a fist of Redemption.

Timmy Tony and Manu are playing for Peace... that yes.. you can find paradise again.

poop
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Cliffnotes?

06-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Cliffnotes?
Bad read