PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Kobe vs Duncan Debate

Buddy Mignon
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I know this is a lil premature, and its not a jinx thread, but when Jim rings this weekend, Spurfan will have an entirely new mantra. For the past few years we have slapped you upside the head with Kobe5/Jim4 and it felt good!!!! Now they both will have 5 rings and Spurfan will feel that there is without a shadow of a doubt that Jim was the top player of his era. This will leave us Laker fans scrambling, running in all directions trying to find some ground to argue back. Sooo... I'm leading off the shitfest right now. Kobe is still the man of his era with Jim coming in a close second. Both have accomplished every individual goal except for one. Jim failed to Gold while Kobe went Gold back2back with the Golds. Jim has a rookie of the year award while Kobe has none.

The way I see it from here on out... Kobe's peaks were higher and Jim's valley's were lower. Embarrassing yourself on a global stage in the Olympics is a stain that the world will remember and Jim vowing to never to return to the Olympics was a coward move. Not repeating will also haunt Jim, especially since he's been on a contender every year he's played. And 6... 6 will always be remembered as the biggest choke job of all time. Kobe has never reached those lows. Kobe going back2back twice, once without Shaq is greater than anything Jim ever accomplished. If you did a poll of which players resume would you rather have it would be Kobe because of what I just mentioned. Kobe's peaks were higher than Jim's.

That's my view... and I'm sticking to it, you cocksuckers.

Kool Bob Love
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
As long as duncan _______

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2014, 04:24 PM
^ fuck yeah...that's the spirit...and don't forget this low --> besides getting cucked for 3 straight years...losing your wife to an illegal immigrant after she gave the alien a million dollars of his hard earned money to open a gym...

Katherine Robinson
06-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Bryant was inferior at 3-1, this just affects a few people.

Buddy Mignon
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
^ fuck yeah...that's the spirit...and don't forget this low --> besides getting cucked for 3 straight years...losing your wife to an illegal immigrant after she gave the alien a million dollars of his hard earned money to open a gym...

Jim is lucky she didn't meet me. His ass would be broke.

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Jim is lucky she didn't meet me. His ass would be broke.

Now that's some cold shit homie :lmao:lmao:lmao

Donkeybong
06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
:lmao

Ghazi
06-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Lol at luva talkin about olympics as if anyone gives a shit

Splits
06-13-2014, 06:54 PM
:lol Olympi:lols

:lmao

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I argue in Kobe vs. Duncan debates all the time, as we all know, but I don't really care anymore.

Redeeming 6 is much, much more important than Duncan tying Kobe in ring count or cementing himself as the player of his generation. All of Kobe's daggers in the playoffs against the Spurs over the years, all of Culburn's 5>4 shtick, etc, etc pales in comparison to the "pain" of 6.

Kawhi Leonard will likely win the Finals MVP if the Spurs win this series. Kobe fans will say Duncan was carried and not give his 5th full weight. I don't care. I'd happily bench Duncan for the rest of the series in exchange for a Spurs win.

I want the weight of 6 off the shoulders of this franchise.

ezau
06-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Can't believe it all boiled down to the Olympics now:lol

100%duncan
06-13-2014, 08:35 PM
:lol olympics
:lol damage control

:lol naruto

xellos88330
06-13-2014, 09:06 PM
What about 3>2 (Finals MVP)?
Or how about 2>1 (League MVP)?

Arcadian
06-13-2014, 09:08 PM
tl;dr

Whatever you wrote, it's wrong.

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
I argue in Kobe vs. Duncan debates all the time, as we all know, but I don't really care anymore.

Redeeming 6 is much, much more important than Duncan tying Kobe in ring count or cementing himself as the player of his generation. All of Kobe's daggers in the playoffs against the Spurs over the years, all of Culburn's 5>4 shtick, etc, etc pales in comparison to the "pain" of 6.

Kawhi Leonard will likely win the Finals MVP if the Spurs win this series. Kobe fans will say Duncan was carried and not give his 5th full weight. I don't care. I'd happily bench Duncan for the rest of the series in exchange for a Spurs win.

Player
G
W
L
GS
MP
FG
FGA
FG%
3P
3PA
3P%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

Kobe Bryant (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html)

Austin Croshere (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/croshau01.html)

Buddy Mignon
06-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Lol at luva talkin about olympics as if anyone gives a shit

My little friend... the entire world gives a shit about the Gold. So much so that the US decided to send their pros to capture it. And its not so much that Kobe won two Golds but the fashion in which Jim lost. Not only did he lose... but he said, "FIBA sucks!!!" Personally, I feel we should have exiled him back to that shitty island he was born on, but that's America for you... cheap labor over patriotism.

Buddy Mignon
06-13-2014, 09:17 PM

Redeeming 6 is the franchises greatest moment.

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Redeeming 6 is the franchises greatest moment.

Agreed.