PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Hypothetical Spur disappointment

Katherine Robinson
06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I expect the Spurs to close out in games 5 or 6, something which would have surprised me a little after series 1, but I've no ppersonal stake in it.

If the one in nine scenario of the Spurs coming short again had happened, what kind of fallout would we expect? I fully believe the barrel rolling would lead to a large exodus.

DMC
06-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I considered the season a win after getting to the WCF. Winning the WCF was a bonus. Being up 3-1 is parlaying that to huge dividends, and a win would be a fairy tale story. If they lose they didn't deserve to win, but it doesn't detract from this season.

TE
06-13-2014, 04:46 PM
It would be really bad.

Katherine Robinson
06-13-2014, 04:47 PM
I considered the season a win after getting to the WCF. Winning the WCF was a bonus. Being up 3-1 is parlaying that to huge dividends, and a win would be a fairy tale story. If they lose they didn't deserve to win, but it doesn't detract from this season.

Has "it still hurts" shown up yet, MC, or he too chicken shit to roll on a sure thing?

DMC
06-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Has "it still hurts" shown up yet, MC, or he too chicken shit to roll on a sure thing?

His absence is likely not due to losing last year. It beats being kicked out in the earlier rounds. He won't show just as "boiled down" won't make an appearance.

06-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Depends how close the games are. If the Heat players not named Lebron suddenly activate and they barrel through the Spurs, that probably won't be as bad as last year's game 6. If the Spurs lose 3 straight down-to-the-wire games, then it will probably rival last year's loss.

Budkin
06-13-2014, 05:13 PM
I expect the Spurs to close out in games 5 or 6, something which would have surprised me a little after series 1, but I've no ppersonal stake in it.

If the one in nine scenario of the Spurs coming short again had happened, what kind of fallout would we expect? I fully believe the barrel rolling would lead to a large exodus.

tbh I would be so mentally fucked I'd probably stop following the Spurs for a few years. My psyche couldn't take it.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 06:59 PM
super fags are now the weakest they've been since they first teamed up together in Miami in 2010, and now the holy mission is on spurs to put an end to that faggy "dynasty". Spurs have no reason not to win tbh.

dg7md
06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
It'd be worse than 6., without a doubt, for numerous reasons.

1. The Heat are not nearly as good as they were last year, not even close. LeBron seems exhausted and the Heat roleplayers are dead in the water.

2. Losing 3 straight games to a team that has played this poorly (2 of which at home), is far worse than losing 6+7 in Miami put together, one of which, admittedly, was a fluke situation. Winning a game 7 on the road against a strong team last year was not a feasible option, and despite our best efforts, we just didn't have enough to get it done.

3. This championship is a mission, we've done a lot of redemption so far these playoffs. Beating the Mavs at home and beating OKC in a game 6 on the road were defining games to soothe the pains of 2006 and 2012 a little bit. Beating the Heat after last year is imperative to the cause.

4. Losing game 7 at home would be devastating after everything we've done so far. After being this dominant and nearly sweeping the Heat (if not for botched free throws), losing a very obtainable title at home for 5 would be horrendous.

That being said, I don't know what the Heat could do to win and flip the switch all of a sudden. Historically, Miami is brilliant in must-win games and they usually put it together when they have to, but they had to for game 4 and they played arguably worse than they did in 3 game when they got a routes ran all over them the whole game with historic shooting percentages. They just seem outmatched this series. They have yet to look stellar at any point so far this series, so obviously losing to this level of bad team would be catastrophic.

phyzik
06-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I can only speak for myself if the Spurs somehow collapse now...

I'd be done with basketball.

I'd probably move to watching Soccer.

I hate soccer.

IrisHockey
06-13-2014, 10:12 PM
It's a fucking game. Go kill yourselves.

jag
06-14-2014, 12:31 AM
It'd be worse than 6., without a doubt, for numerous reasons.

Nothing will ever be worse than 6. Nothing

Franklin
06-14-2014, 02:47 AM
blowing 3 championship points in a row would be far worse than blowing 2, of course.

midnightpulp
06-14-2014, 04:08 AM
:lol 6 has made us into Cubs' fans like pessimists. All logic points to Miami having no chance. Not just because of the 1-3 deficit and the fact no team has ever comeback from one in the Finals, but because they're over matched. No PG rotation to speak of. Birdman, their backup C, is shot. Wade looks 40. And Lebron is too gassed to play both ends of the ball at 100%. He's a big part of their ball hawking, swarming defense, and he just looks sluggish in his rotations and close outs.

Yet, I still expect the worst. I expect Wade to magically find his youth. I expect Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen to hit every 3. For Bosh to hit every mid-range shot. For a desperation adjustment by Spoelstra (like inserting Beasley or Haslem into the rotation) to payoff like a loose slot machine. For Chalmers to outplay Parker, like he did in 6 and 7. And for Lebron to go God Mode.

And then I expect us to clank every open 3. For Kawhi to come back down to earth and be handcuffed by foul trouble. For Parker to overdribble and miss his 18 footers. For Duncan to miss bunnies. For Turnobili to reappear. I fear our guys will play tight, nervous, and careful, and shit themselves at the freethrow line.

My head believes. But my gut doesn't. It's almost like it's too good to be true.

dg7md
06-14-2014, 04:28 AM
My head believes. But my gut doesn't. It's almost like it's too good to be true.

Most perfect statement for every one of us here. There is no logical way to approach the Heat winning in 7 at this point in the series, but yet we've been traumatized so much in recent years it is hard to think of something this glorious happening to us.

I do know, for a fact, that if I weren't a Spur or Heatfan, I would think the Spurs would easily win the series in 5, 6 at the latest, based on the trends of this series. The emotional investment ties us up in some improbable tragedies (or miracles) that are also laced with "What would Jordan do?" comparisons of LeBron that would make it seem like he would lead his team from improbable odds to 3 straight wins. But not even Jordan could accomplish that...

Franklin
06-14-2014, 05:12 AM
I think some fellow spurs fans are just too insecure. Of course there is 0.0001% chance of cHeat coming back and winning the series but there definitely are other stuffs you should feel more concerned about, like the biological legitimacy of your offspring, when about 10% guys whom their kids call dads are not biological dads of those kids (except foster kids of course, in other words those guys are cuckolds).

Kidd K
06-14-2014, 06:37 AM
They won't. I'll be glad when they win so I don't have to read this forum's paranoia and depression for awhile until someone turns an ankle next year.

:lol 6 has made us into Cubs' fans like pessimists. All logic points to Miami having no chance. Not just because of the 1-3 deficit and the fact no team has ever comeback from one in the Finals, but because they're over matched. No PG rotation to speak of. Birdman, their backup C, is shot. Wade looks 40. And Lebron is too gassed to play both ends of the ball at 100%. He's a big part of their ball hawking, swarming defense, and he just looks sluggish in his rotations and close outs.

Yet, I still expect the worst. I expect Wade to magically find his youth. I expect Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen to hit every 3. For Bosh to hit every mid-range shot. For a desperation adjustment by Spoelstra (like inserting Beasley or Haslem into the rotation) to payoff like a loose slot machine. For Chalmers to outplay Parker, like he did in 6 and 7. And for Lebron to go God Mode.

And then I expect us to clank every open 3. For Kawhi to come back down to earth and be handcuffed by foul trouble. For Parker to overdribble and miss his 18 footers. For Duncan to miss bunnies. For Turnobili to reappear. I fear our guys will play tight, nervous, and careful, and shit themselves at the freethrow line.

Cubs fans are stupid and optimistic as fuck. They keep talking about rebuilding and buying into the moneyball shit and are too stupid to realize the new Cubs owner is doing nothing but try to make a profit. He nearly slashed the team's budget in half even though he raised ticket prices, strong-armed the tv network into paying nearly twice as much, littered Wrigley Field with ads, and always trades good players in contract years so he doesn't have to pay them so his bank account grow right along with the team's losses :lol

How anyone can be a fan of that shit under those circumstances, I will never understand.

spurraider21
06-14-2014, 11:18 PM

:lol how much are we betting

midnightpulp
06-15-2014, 01:41 AM
:lol how much are we betting

What's the max you willing to lose?

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 01:44 AM
What's the max you willing to lose?
For one game or the series?

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2014, 01:47 AM

i recommend IP BANNED bet for the both of you

hater
06-15-2014, 01:57 AM
I quit basketball. forever.

midnightpulp
06-15-2014, 01:59 AM

Vegas is offering 9 to 1 on Miami coming back to win the series and about 2 to 1 for Miami to win tomorrow.

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 02:19 AM
Vegas is offering 9 to 1 on Miami coming back to win the series and about 2 to 1 for Miami to win tomorrow.
They'll give better odds than me

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2014, 02:45 AM
listening to hero songs, getting ready for the disappointment

i expect enrique or t ina for game5 choke job...

midnightpulp
06-15-2014, 02:45 AM
They'll give better odds than me

What are you willing to give for tomorrow's game?

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2014, 03:34 AM
losing game5 with enrique mode appearance, i dont care if the spurs win it all in 6+ games....i will go raw into his ass and his brigade...why he had to choke away game5

The Reckoning
06-15-2014, 03:38 AM
i wouldn't be surprised. heat in 7.

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 04:08 AM
What are you willing to give for tomorrow's game?
3/2 like we did for OKC game 6. i get 50 if the spurs win, you get 75 if miami wins

midnightpulp
06-15-2014, 04:40 AM
3/2 like we did for OKC game 6. i get 50 if the spurs win, you get 75 if miami wins

:tu Deal

Gummi Clutch
06-15-2014, 09:36 AM
what happened to Kat?

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Deal

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
what happened to Kat?
:lol posted a link to somebody getting decapitated via chainsaw

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM

Deal
no rush, just a reminder :)