PDA

View Full Version : When Did Miami Give Up?

mavsfan1000
06-13-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm going out of the way and say game 2 exhausted them. They played basically a perfect defensive game chasing Spurs players all over the place. They barely won but were already in desperate mode.

Beaverfuzz
06-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Game 1 of the first round. They knew the west was going to kick their ass.

Mugen
06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
On a related note, OP's takes from pre-series up to the start of Game 4 have been some of the most terrible on the board tbh :lol

doobs
06-13-2014, 09:05 PM
They haven't yet. Lebron isn't Kobe.

mavsfan1000
On a related note, OP's takes from pre-series up to the start of Game 4 have been some of the most terrible on the board tbh :lol
Hey they stayed pack. They screwed up in the most part.

Skull-1
It isn't over yet, idiots. Will be laughing at you all when heat beat us in 7 due to your overconfidence, just like Santa Anna at the Alamo and San Jacinto. Putos!

mavsfan1000
06-13-2014, 09:08 PM
It isn't over yet, idiots. Will be laughing at you all when heat beat us in 7 due to your overconfidence, just like Santa Anna at the Alamo and San Jacinto. Putos!
I don't think any team has ever lost 3-1 advantage with homecourt advantage.

Skull-1
06-13-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't think any team has ever lost 3-1 advantage with homecourt advantage.

"Past performance is not indicative of future results."

No No.1 seed ever lost to an 8 until the Spurs did it...

mavsfan1000
06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Heat lost to the Knicks.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 09:12 PM
San Jacinto, the Texas revolutionist kicked Santa Ana ass, and he fled like a coward and got captured hiding in a pigs farm. That's where the cry, Remember the Alamo first originated.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM

Mavs gs anyone.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2014, 09:14 PM

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/2014/04/02_Nuggets_SuperSonics.jpghttp://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/05/03/davis-topper.jpg

doobs
06-13-2014, 09:16 PM

Strange that you think fans being overconfident would affect player performance

mavsfan1000
06-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Strange that you think fans being overconfident would affect player performance
On the contrary. Every word you say dramatically effects the team.

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the tip, I went and dug some up for entertainment!

A bad game. But they will play their best in game 4 to make up for it.

Less complaining when the calls go your way. Leonard could've easily been in foul trouble again. The refs will make sure the Heat win game 4 though.

Why isn't Battier playing?

It's not over. The Heat will make adjustments.

Heat win the next 2 games. Spurs win game 5. Heat win game 6 for the Championship. It can all be blamed that the Spurs lost game 2 for whatever reason. The Spurs were supposed to hold homecourt....

The difference is that he is LEBRON JAMES! Leonard is the other guy.

Diaw is too slow to guard Lebron. This is just a mismatch. Lebron would have a career game if Diaw guarded him the whole game. You're better off with Green on Lebron.

2011 mode is ancient history. His shot is too reliable these days. He has become more unguardable than ever due to that.

Spurs might be down 0-2 if it wasn't for the extreme heat in game 1.

Bad news for the Spurs. Lebron can play 40+ minutes now.

Not all completely horrible considering those were the most entertaining. Definitely can't decide whether he's on the Spurs bandwagon or not though, LOL

Prime Time
06-13-2014, 09:24 PM
ar-...are you serious?

Jenks
06-13-2014, 09:24 PM

Basketball historian over here

Mugen
06-13-2014, 09:27 PM
:lol OP is okay by me. He, just like most other Mav fans, would rather be the only team to beat Miami so it makes sense to root against the Spurs.

Jacob has gone through an existential crisis about 4-5 times downstairs just thinking about the prospects of it tbh

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 09:29 PM
I thought his funniest post actually was "Why isn't Battier playing?

It's just funny that a team can have as many washed up corpses walking around as Miami and people keep thinking they are legit NBA players.

Stephen A. Smith
06-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Quite frankly Skull's performance in this thread is indicative of past and future performances being just as shitty.

RD2191
06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Quite frankly Skull's performance in this thread is indicative of past and future performances being just as shitty.
Any thoughts on Mario Chalmers? :wakeup

Stephen A. Smith
06-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Any thoughts on Mario Chalmers? :wakeup

Quite frankly he's regressed so far it's like he's forgotten seven years worth of basketball.

DarrinS
06-13-2014, 10:45 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/2014/04/02_Nuggets_SuperSonics.jpghttp://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/05/03/davis-topper.jpg

Skull-1 owned again

houston spurs fan
06-13-2014, 10:49 PM

Ultimate bitch

tholdren
06-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Miami gave up after this last huge run in the first, James started shooting bitch threes at the end of the shot-clock and walking on the court, wade gave up when he missed 2 in a row, and didn't get his westchimp foul calls.

RD2191
06-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Quite frankly he's regressed so far it's like he's forgotten seven years worth of basketball.
:lol

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Miami gave up after this last huge run in the first, James started shooting bitch threes at the end of the shot-clock and walking on the court, wade gave up when he missed 2 in a row, and didn't get his westchimp foul calls.

Excellent analysis. And we were right on the cusp of a similar blowout in game 2, up 30-19 in the 2nd quarter at home. We could have swept these MOFOs right on their on home court if not for the missed FTs!

Doing it at home will be all the sweeter though.

tholdren
06-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Excellent analysis. And we were right on the cusp of a similar blowout in game 2, up 30-19 in the 2nd quarter at home. We could have swept these MOFOs right on their on home court if not for the missed FTs!

Doing it at home will be all the sweeter though.

Yes, I just wonder if the headline will be about the spurs winning or why miami didnt win.... FTW

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Ultimate bitch

We have had to tolerate a lot on here. The "backdoor sweep" talk was almost unbearable. Yes we have had some wacked shit happen over the years to us but the overall success has been very high and the envy of all of professional sports. Basically, not winning it has REQUIRED some wacked shit to happen to prevent it.

So what we see is a combination of "cliffjumpers" that automatically assume that: a) some wacked shit that happened to us before will happen again, or b) some new wacked shit that never happened to anybody before will happen to us.

Overall I like to think it's been a good ride, we are not snakebit, and karma is completely on our side this time.

We drop 3 in a row to Miami and of course I will change my outlook completely on all of that. I may even become suicidal like kobyz!

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Yes, I just wonder if the headline will be about the spurs winning or why miami didnt win.... FTW

I think we are on the verge of triggering a complete revolution on how the NBA plays basketball. Yes there will be individual stars and teams trying to buy a championship like the Lakers and Mavs still. The larger trend I see though would be an even higher number of "copy cat" franchises, in particular every small market team but now even some of the big market ones.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-13-2014, 11:15 PM

The actual fuck you say? :lmao

Darkwaters
06-13-2014, 11:17 PM

I wasn't aware that Santa Ana lost at the Alamo.

Knoxxx
06-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I wasn't aware that Santa Ana lost at the Alamo.

Yes good catch! Also fans are allowed to be overconfident its the players that can't be! we can trash talk, be over confident, provide "bulletin board material" and it has NO IMPACT ON THE OUTCOME.

What a concept eh?

Sean Cagney
06-13-2014, 11:21 PM

Heat and Dallas did it before the Spurs. Do your research before you talk on that . He said Heat lost to the Knicks which is correct but the Mavs did too and he did not mention that in 07, rightfully so.

Horry Hipcheck
06-13-2014, 11:55 PM
They haven't yet. Lebron isn't Kobe.

He Kobe'd the hell out of the Cavs in his penultimate game in Cleveland when he quit in Game 5 against the Celtics before leaving that offseason.

heyheymymy
06-14-2014, 12:05 AM

Just stop.

Chris
06-14-2014, 12:10 AM
They gave up in the 4th quarter of game 3. I wasn't so sure then, but I'm absolutely positive now.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Spurs the only decent 1 seed to lose in the first round. GTFO idiots.

One way or the other we make history this series....

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 01:44 AM
I wasn't aware that Santa Ana lost at the Alamo. Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory, dumbass???? He lost big time.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Yes good catch! Also fans are allowed to be overconfident its the players that can't be! we can trash talk, be over confident, provide "bulletin board material" and it has NO IMPACT ON THE OUTCOME.

What a concept eh? Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory, dumbass????

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 01:48 AM
Basketball historian over here Sorry, was too busy getting a REAL education in something that matters so I can pay for your welfare check, ahole.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-14-2014, 01:48 AM

Nope, that '07 Mavs team was better than the '11 Spurs squad IMO. That team would have won a title that year if not for GSW, tbh.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 01:50 AM
Nope, that '07 Mavs team was better than the '11 Spurs squad IMO. That team would have won a title that year if not for GSW, tbh.

Debatable.

dg7md
06-14-2014, 01:53 AM

They were very good and had a similar chip on their shoulder like our guys do now. I can't even imagine what they went through tbh... I mean, one of my best friends is a Mavs fan so I know indirectly, but had we lost in the first round after what happened to us in the Finals last year, that would have been brutal. A deathbed, if you will.

However, I really wasn't surprised at the upset; Don Nelson's Warriors always had the Mavs' number, a lot like how the Thunder have ours most of the time.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Debatable.

Hence my "IMO." :lol

That Mavs team was on a redemption mission from the previous year's finals as well and put up a ridiculous regular season record and had proven to be basically the class of the West with SA and PHX duking it out for second. Like dg said, the Dubs were just the perfect foil.

T Park
06-14-2014, 02:56 AM
Skull-1 I think is intentionally stupid. No one does this by accident.

therealtruth
06-14-2014, 05:49 AM
The only chance the Heat have in game 5 is throwing out something different and trying to catch the Spurs by surprise. If they do the same thing they will lose.

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 05:54 AM
It's just an NBA rope-a-dope, folks. Spurs ain't gonna win the title this year. Heat miracle comeback has already been scripted.

Lay your $$$ on Miami if you want to make some easy cash.

houston spurs fan
06-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Sorry, was too busy getting a REAL education in something that matters so I can pay for your welfare check, ahole.
Lol, real education. Nice joke.

houston spurs fan
06-14-2014, 07:45 AM

One way or the other we make history this series....
Mark levin Seriously??? What a joke

Jenks
06-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Sorry, was too busy getting a REAL education in something that matters so I can pay for your welfare check, ahole.
You missed at most 2 games of GS beating Dallas during your frialator training.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2014, 10:05 AM
I really think it took everything the Heat had to win game 2. They haven't had the same intensity since. And maybe game 1's heat took a lot out of them as well. But they seem already tired to me. Starting with game 3.

TJastal
06-14-2014, 10:22 AM

:lmao
:toast

TJastal
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I really think it took everything the Heat had to win game 2. They haven't had the same intensity since. And maybe game 1's heat took a lot out of them as well. But they seem already tired to me. Starting with game 3.

I believe you are correct, the much more pampered prissy heat players were clearly more physically affected by that game, especially Lebron and Wade. I think it also affected them mentally as well to some extent.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:09 AM

That Mavs team was on a redemption mission from the previous year's finals as well and put up a ridiculous regular season record and had proven to be basically the class of the West with SA and PHX duking it out for second. Like dg said, the Dubs were just the perfect foil.

I wasn't entirely disagreeing....

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Smarter man than you will ever be...by a long shot.

DarrinS
06-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Skull-1 making more friends as usual

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Lol, real education. Nice joke.

It is called a thesaurus, look into it. :lol

(You must be on your period--which could explain why it is missing from your sentence. When mocking intelligence it is helpful to use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar, three areas you shanked above. Just sayin'.) :lol

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Skull-1 making more friends as usual

Who are you? That's right. Nobody.

florige
06-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I think we are on the verge of triggering a complete revolution on how the NBA plays basketball. Yes there will be individual stars and teams trying to buy a championship like the Lakers and Mavs still. The larger trend I see though would be an even higher number of "copy cat" franchises, in particular every small market team but now even some of the big market ones.

I kinda agree. If we successfully run them out of the building tomorrow I think you are going to see alot of teams start to try copy cat how the Spurs do things. I think LMA already made mention of that after the Spurs decimated Portland that he would like to see Portland play more like SA when it comes to ball-movement and how the game is supposed to be played. But it starts with personal. Miami sort of was built that way because LBJ is a superstar who would rather get his team mates involved verses himself, but his team this year has played like its their first year together. But thats sorta what I was expecting when they walked through the East.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:23 AM
I kinda agree. If we successfully run them out of the building tomorrow I think you are going to see alot of teams start to try copy cat how the Spurs do things. I think LMA already made mention of that after the Spurs decimated Portland that he would like to see Portland play more like SA when it comes to ball-movement and how the game is supposed to be played. But it starts with personal. Miami sort of was built that way because LBJ is a superstar who would rather get his team mates involved verses himself, but his team this year has played like its their first year together. But thats sorta what I was expecting when they walked through the East.

I hope you guys are right. Street-ball is boring and unwatchable.

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2014, 11:25 AM
LeBron gave up on his team in the first half of game 3 when he stated holding the ball for 23 seconds and then jacking up 3's.

TimDunkem
06-14-2014, 11:44 AM

Fact. They were so bad even I - a mostly inactive poster - could recognize this guy by his posts alone despite the incredibly generic name and avatar.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I wasn't aware that the Heat gave up, they are just playing against a much better team is all it amounts to.

rascal
06-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Miami isn't deep enough. next year they get more depth with Carmelo and some other upgrades. Spurs will come back with the same team with Duncan another year older.

Enjoy Spur fans because you won't get anywhere near another title.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Miami isn't deep enough. next year they get more depth with Carmelo and some other upgrades. Spurs will come back with the same team with Duncan another year older.

We need to worry about winning this one. Take care of business. Next year is a long way off. Win now!

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:34 PM
We need to worry about winning this one. Take care of business. Next year is a long way off. Win now!

I agree with you.
Quit dwelling in the past and quit worrying about the future, both fruitless endeavors.
Just take care of business in the NOW and everything will be as it should be.
It is that simple.

DarrinS
06-14-2014, 12:38 PM
I think Spurs win by double digits again. Can't wait for this game.

tholdren
06-14-2014, 12:43 PM

So, you make a spurstalk account, post SEVEN THOUSAND TIMES, and this is the best you got?

100%bitchmade

TVI
06-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes, absolutely...there's a 100% indisputable scientific correlation between the overconfidence of a team's fan base and how that team performs.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 01:09 PM

I guess you were absent that day they explained elementary basketball.
Fans DO NOT win games, the players DO.
:lol

weeks
06-14-2014, 01:23 PM
we're up 3-1 and you're acting like a bitch.

no one should ever take you seriously again.

TVI
06-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Sigh...excellent demonstration of that remarkable command of the facts there, Skull.

weeks
06-14-2014, 01:25 PM
So, you make a spurstalk account, post SEVEN THOUSAND TIMES, and this is the best you got?

100%bitchmade

that's what he said after last year, too

DMC
06-14-2014, 01:28 PM

win or loss, neither dependant on the confidence of posters here.

DMC
06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
everything that happens is a first... fyi

Mel_13
06-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Poor rascal. His posts reek of hypocrisy, desperation, and impotence.

Darkwaters
06-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Ever heard of a Pyrrhic victory, dumbass???? He lost big time.

Yes, I'm the dumbass. Coming from your deeply embedded credibility I'm sure everyone will fully agree.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Yes, I'm the dumbass. Coming from your deeply embedded credibility I'm sure everyone will fully agree.

It is in the history books, moron. Read it for yourself and learn something.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2014, 11:24 PM

Yep, Detroit did similar in 06 after the Finals in that season but lost in round two and flamed out like the Mavs. Both those teams I swore were going to win the titles those respective years, neither made it near the finals.

Emperor
06-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Spurs winning by 15 plus. No doubt about it.