PDA

View Full Version : Defense!

Avante
06-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Dan Fouts had one of the greatest offenses of all time, he had a HOF TE in Kellen Winslow, a HOF receiver in Charlie Joiner and the great John Jefferson who was as good as it got. All three had 1000 yard seasons, then there was Chuck Muncie a 1000 yard back. So how come they never did shit, yep...no defense.

Those 85 Bears had no stud receivers and nobody thought Jim McMahan was a stud QB, they did have the great Walter Payton and a monster D.

The Ravens won with defense, the Buc's won with defense. Right now the best teams on paper are the Seahawks and Niners, neither team is known as a passing team, it's run the ball win the turnover battle and play great D. They key is run/stop the run, pressure the QB/protect your QB. If you can master that you don't need to score 30 points a game. 20 will do it because you're only giving up 19.

The Seahawks were + 20 with the Niners at + 12 in turnovers.
The Seahawks were number 4 in rushing and number 1 in stuffing the run.
The Niners were number 3 in rushing and number 4 in stuffing the run.

Right there it is, win the turnover battle, run the ball and stuff the run. The Niners were 30th in passing, the Seahawks were number 26.

The top passing team was the Broncos of course but they were E when it came to turnovers and 15 in rushing and 8th in stuffing the run. So what happened when they met up with a team better in everything but passing.....they got crushed!

Run the ball, which means third and short. Stuff the run which means third and long for them. Win the turnover battle. Rush the QB. That's what wins in the NFL.

The Seahawks held the opposition to less than 20 points 14 times last season. The Broncos only 6.

hehateme
06-13-2014, 10:33 PM
This sub forum has gone to shit with you in it. Go almanac spam somewhere else.

Avante
06-13-2014, 10:40 PM
This sub forum has gone to shit with you in it. Go almanac spam somewhere else.

Well I could post stupid bullshit like this.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187969

Which appears to be the only thread you've ever originated.

Talking about football on a football forum is not spamming ya dumb fuck. Let me guess that was too complex for your dumb ass.....right?

hehateme
06-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Well I could post stupid bullshit like this.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187969

Which appears to be the only thread you've ever originated.

Taling about football on a football forum is not spamming ya dumb fuck. Let me guess that was too complex for your dumb ass.....right?

You've yet to provide a thread that isn't cringe worthy or isn't something we can't google. Touting how many threads another person does also shouldn't be something to bring up since you make one every hour and it consists of almanac google studies or list of songs no one gives a shit about. Step your game up or get out old fart, that's all I'm asking.

Pelicans78
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Saints are as good as the Niners and they have a passing game, but Payton has realized some of his mistakes and is moving the team to a more power running attack which helped them win at Philly and stay in the game at Seattle. The defense is stacked in the secondary and D-line.

Darth_Pelican
06-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Saints are as good as the Niners and they have a passing game, but Payton has realized some of his mistakes and is moving the team to a more power running attack which helped them win at Philly and stay in the game at Seattle. The defense is stacked in the secondary and D-line.

Yep. Saints finished 4th in total defense last year, the 49ers finished 5th. Payton definitely adjusted his formula near the end of the year when he finally realized that we no longer need to put up 30+ points per game to win anymore. I don't mind passing often in the Superdome. We've proven that with the fast indoor turf and the home field advantage, we're usually going to just run teams out of the gym. But in tough road environments, slow the game down and don't turn the ball over.

mojorizen7
06-15-2014, 05:27 AM
'85 Bears had the NFL's 2nd ranked offense

Avante
06-15-2014, 04:55 PM
You've yet to provide a thread that isn't cringe worthy or isn't something we can't google. Touting how many threads another person does also shouldn't be something to bring up since you make one every hour and it consists of almanac google studies or list of songs no one gives a shit about. Step your game up or get out old fart, that's all I'm asking.

That coming from a guy who does nothing but leech off others, hahaha!!!!!!!! Have a game asshole or shut the fuck up.

Google???.....ok little fella Google...

1000 yard rushers were college sprinters.

Avante
06-15-2014, 05:02 PM
'85 Bears had the NFL's 2nd ranked offense

Like I mentioned they had the great Walter Payton. Jim McMahan threw for less that 2400 yards and had a 15TD/11INT season. They didn't win because of their passing game.

Avante
06-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Like I mentioned running/stuffing the run a biggie. Here's where the Niners had it all over the Saints.

NO...26run, 19 defense
SF...3run, 4 defense

The Niners were plus 12 in turnovers, the Saints were even.

Throwing the ball all over the place isn't needed, if you have dominate big guys. The Niners have the best conbo of o linemen and defensive front seven.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2014, 05:13 PM
/thread

Avante
06-15-2014, 05:17 PM
/thread

Why not show us how's it done little fella, instead of doing.....zero!

I could just follow others around playing critic like you.

According to Lindy's your Chargers are a 64.0 team. They suck in the secondary and on the derensive line. Only bright spot is Rivers.

Denver 69.5
KC 65.5
Oak 61.5

Clipper Nation
06-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Thankfully the games aren't played in your boring-ass almanacs no matter how much you wish that was the case....

Avante
06-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Thankfully the games aren't played in your boring-ass almanacs no matter how much you wish that was the case....

Why do you enter threads off mine at all? You haven't figured out by now I've been into this stuff since the 60's? Saw Paul Lowe run back a kickoff 105 yards the very first SD Charger play. Obviously I'm going to see things from a different perspective than some dumbass kid like you. Why do I need to go down there where you're at?

Why do you never actually converse? So how come you try to play critic while doing nothing yourself.....well? Being a leech must suck.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Why do you enter threads off mine at all? You haven't figured out by now I've been into this stuff since the 60's?
Yet your takes, predictions and betting record all suck....

lol old faggot

Pelicans78
06-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Like I mentioned running/stuffing the run a biggie. Here's where the Niners had it all over the Saints.

NO...26run, 19 defense
SF...3run, 4 defense

The Niners were plus 12 in turnovers, the Saints were even.

Throwing the ball all over the place isn't needed, if you have dominate big guys. The Niners have the best conbo of o linemen and defensive front seven.

Gimme a break. The Saints dominated the line of scrimmage in last year's matchup. The only reason the game was close was unforced turnovers by the Saints. That shit ain't happening this year. The Saints front four is as good as the Niners. Plus the Niners defense takes a big hit with Bowman's injuries. The Saints will run the ball as well on most teams since they're committing to the run and with an improved o-line.

Avante
06-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Yet your takes, predictions and betting record all suck....

lol old faggot

Then why read me? Stay out of my threads and you won't have to worry about any of that, right?

Like I keep saying and you keep ignoring.......why not show us all how it's done? All you ever do is bug people asshole that's interesting, those are great takes? I bet I can leave right now and go find you doing this same negative bullshit with somebody else, be right back.

Found this instead.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234006

Just as I suspected you're just a little kid with a big fucking mouth.

Avante
06-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Gimme a break. The Saints dominated the line of scrimmage in last year's matchup. The only reason the game was close was unforced turnovers by the Saints. That shit ain't happening this year. The Saints front four is as good as the Niners. Plus the Niners defense takes a big hit with Bowman's injuries. The Saints will run the ball as well on most teams since they're committing to the run and with an improved o-line.

Give you a break or the statiscal facts? And don't put too much into "a" regular season game I seriously doubt the Jets are a better team and they beat you 26-20....right? In a 17 week reg season there will be some ebb and flow.

The Niners have more depth of quality players and a better running game, If Bowman is even 80% we have the better backers. You do not have a better DL or OL. Yes Brees is far superior to Kaep but other than that the Niners are the more talented team , that's why we've played in three consecutive NFC title games and the Saints haven't?

We'll leave history out of this, there it's all Niners.

Pelicans78
06-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Give you a break or the statiscal facts? And don't put too much into "a" regular season game I seriously doubt the Jets are a better team and they beat you 26-20....right? In a 17 week reg season there will be some ebb and flow.

The Niners have more depth of quality players and a better running game, If Bowman is even 80% we have the better backers. You do not have a better DL or OL. Yes Brees is far superior to Kaep but other than that the Niners are the more talented team , that's why we've played in three consecutive NFC title games and the Saints haven't?

We'll leave history out of this, there it's all Niners.

Everything I bolded is pretty much bullshit coming out.

The Saints have better skilled players, much better QB, better secondary, and better pass rushers. They've stacked themselves this off-season.

The whole 3 consecutive NFC title games is BS too. The first one was a fluke performance by Alex Smith who showed how fluky it was when he stunk it up against the Giants. The Saints would have crushed that Giants team in the Superdome and they probably would have beaten that same Niners team by 3 touchdowns in the Dome. The next season Payton was gone and the Niners didn't get the job done against an inferior Ravens team. Then last season was just luck of the draw. The Niners got to face the Panthers in the Divisional round while the Saints had to travel to Seattle who were coming off a bye week. Either way, both teams lost to the Seahawks so it doesn't matter what round it was.

You wanna talk about history? How about this. Payton/Brees have won a Super Bowl while Harbaugh and Kaep haven't.

Guarantee you the Saints will have a better record than the Niners this year.

Avante
06-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Everything I bolded is pretty much bullshit coming out.

The Saints have better skilled players, much better QB, better secondary, and better pass rushers. They've stacked themselves this off-season.

The whole 3 consecutive NFC title games is BS too. The first one was a fluke performance by Alex Smith who showed how fluky it was when he stunk it up against the Giants. The Saints would have crushed that Giants team in the Superdome and they probably would have beaten that same Niners team by 3 touchdowns in the Dome. The next season Payton was gone and the Niners didn't get the job done against an inferior Ravens team. Then last season was just luck of the draw. The Niners got to face the Panthers in the Divisional round while the Saints had to travel to Seattle who were coming off a bye week. Either way, both teams lost to the Seahawks so it doesn't matter what round it was.

You wanna talk about history? How about this. Payton/Brees have won a Super Bowl while Harbaugh and Kaep haven't.

Guarantee you the Saints will have a better record than the Niners this year.

How about some reality, ok?

Frank Gore was the 7th leading NFC rusher, he had a 4.1 avg. Pierre Thomas was way down there with a weak 3.7. Ingram and Hunter about the same.

Graham and Boldin were about even and Crabtree missed a lot of time. You do have more receivers in the top 50 but I do look for that to change.

I don't see anything there that points to NO have the better skilled players at all.

And no bullshit we really did play in the last three NFC title games....honest!

NO scored 25 and gave up 19, the Niners scored 25 and gave up 17.

You rushed for 92.1 but gave up 111.6, Niners rushed for 137.6 and gave up 95.9.

What are you looking at? Yes Brees is a great QB and Kaepernick is just ok, but other than that it's all Niners. Be a fan of your team but don't get silly with it, ok? How many Niners were in the pro bowl in 2013, how about Saints?