PDA

View Full Version : I can't see Spurs winning this series

kobyz
06-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Being down 1-3, Now Miami will feel they have nothing to lose, they will feel no pressure, now Lebron, Wade, Bosh and everybody else on them will play better... Also now when it's time to close it out, the trauma of last year might come into Spurs head...

dg7md
06-14-2014, 04:13 AM
It still hurts. :cry

Which games have you been watching this series that makes you think we can suddenly play so terrible for 3 games straight while the Heat play so much better to beat us?

"They have nothing to lose" is a shit take reason for why you think the Heat will suddenly win 3 straight games when they literally had to win game 4 and they got obliterated. What makes you think they can respond to their backs against their wall so well now?

What reasons aside from our recent history of choking do you have?

midnightpulp
06-14-2014, 04:19 AM
It still hurts. :cry

Which games have you been watching this series that makes you think we can suddenly play so terrible for 3 games straight while the Heat play so much better to beat us?

"They have nothing to lose" is a shit take reason for why you think the Heat will suddenly win 3 straight games when they literally had to win game 4 and they got obliterated. What makes you think they can respond to their backs against their wall so well now?

I said this in the NBA forum:

:lol 6 has made us into Cubs' fans like pessimists. All logic points to Miami having no chance. Not just because of the 1-3 deficit and the fact no team has ever comeback from one in the Finals, but because they're over matched. No PG rotation to speak of. Birdman, their backup C, is shot. Wade looks 40. And Lebron is too gassed to play both ends of the ball at 100%. He's a big part of their ball hawking, swarming defense, and he just looks sluggish in his rotations and close outs.

Yet, I still expect the worst. I expect Wade to magically find his youth. I expect Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen to hit every 3. For Bosh to hit every mid-range shot. For a desperation adjustment by Spoelstra (like inserting Beasley or Haslem into the rotation) to payoff like a loose slot machine. For Chalmers to outplay Parker, like he did in 6 and 7. And for Lebron to go God Mode.

And then I expect us to clank every open 3. For Kawhi to come back down to earth and be handcuffed by foul trouble. For Parker to overdribble and miss his 18 footers. For Duncan to miss bunnies. For Turnobili to reappear. I fear our guys will play tight, nervous, and careful, and shit themselves at the freethrow line.

My head believes. But my gut doesn't. It's almost like it's too good to be true.

:lol I just think after the 1995 WCF, .4, the Manu foul, 8, the 2012 WCF, and especially 6, we expect some voodoo, Universe-hates-us, shit to go down.

And if those Spurs fans in question happen to be Cowboys and Rangers fans, they're definitely living with constant indigestion right now.

dg7md
06-14-2014, 04:22 AM

:lol I just think after the 1995 WCF, .4, the Manu foul, 8, the 2012 WCF, and especially 6, we expect some voodoo, Universe-hates-us, shit to go down.

And if those Spurs fans in question happen to be Cowboys and Rangers fans, they're definitely living with constant indigestion right now.

:tu

When it's put that way, it is improbable to suggest that we will suddenly rattle off 3 terrible games where all of our options can't do a single thing against an aging, tired team that is led by one man and a gimped squad that have not been challenged all playoffs long... while we've had battles throughout the whole season. This plays a huge part in terms of the position we are in now tbh.

midnightpulp
06-14-2014, 04:29 AM
:tu

When it's put that way, it is improbable to suggest that we will suddenly rattle off 3 terrible games where all of our options can't do a single thing against an aging, tired team that is led by one man and a gimped squad that have not been challenged all playoffs long... while we've had battles throughout the whole season. This plays a huge part in terms of the position we are in now tbh.

Yeah, logically, there's no way the Heat win this series. Last year's events has conditioned us to expect the worst.

And really, game 6 wasn't even that much of an anomaly. 5 lead with 28 seconds left? Teams blow games like that all the time. Just the fact it happened in the Finals that made it unprecedented.

admiralsnackbar
06-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Boring troll is boring.

Emperor
06-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Up 3-1 and you still don't believe in your team? My goodness.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Dead yet?

Poolboy5623
06-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Nothing to lose? They're back to back champions, for shit sake. They have everything to lose.

Skoobz
06-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Dead yet?

Wishful fecking thinking......

mudyez
06-14-2014, 10:16 AM

8?

Harry Callahan
06-14-2014, 10:16 AM
The OP is a retarded turd/faggot.

Dwayne Wade is not stepping into a time machine and becoming DWade again. He is playing at about 60-70% right now and that is not changing the rest of this series.

Leonard can offset James enough to get the job done. LeBron is human (I think) and the amount of energy he will have to bring to drag the rest of his teammates to one (but more importantly three) wins is such a huge, draining task.

I don't see our supporting cast getting outplayed by Miami's. I don't know what the Heat can do other than hope for sub-par execution from the Spurs AT HOME. That won't happen again at home - especially twice. The Heat already got their freebie.

The Heat are literally dying out there with the higher pace the Spurs are throwing at them.

The Spurs are going to be an angry, hungry, focused pack of wild animals out there tomorrow. Redemption is close at hand and I'm very pleasantly surprised this day is coming.

Doctor J
06-14-2014, 10:21 AM
8?

That should be Manu's 8 turnovers in the last year's Finals Game 6?!?

mudyez
06-14-2014, 10:22 AM
ok...so 8 = 6 ?

or does it mean 8th seed (MEM)?

mudyez
06-14-2014, 10:56 AM
my prediction:

Spurs somehow blow game 5 with insane stuff going on.
e.g. we are up 25 points at the half...we are up 20 with one quarter to go...we are up 5 with 5 seconds to go...we are up 3 with 2 seconds to go, but Wade gets 3 FT's because he is kicking Green while missing a 3pointer.

The next two days we'll spend discussing a possible new .4, 28 etc...calling it 25, 20, 55 or 3.

On Tuesday we humiliate Miami with some record setting stomp to the throat (think 30 point win, with Miami fans leaving after the 3rd quarter and LeBron making some obscene gesture to the booing fans during first half).

Harry Callahan
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
my prediction:

Spurs somehow blow game 5 with insane stuff going on.
e.g. we are up 25 points at the half...we are up 20 with one quarter to go...we are up 5 with 5 seconds to go...we are up 3 with 2 seconds to go, but Wade gets 3 FT's because he is kicking Green while missing a 3pointer.

The next two days we'll spend discussing a possible new .4, 28 etc...calling it 25, 20, 55 or 3.

On Tuesday we humiliate Miami with some record setting stomp to the throat (think 30 point win, with Miami fans leaving after the 3rd quarter and LeBron making some obscene gesture to the booing fans during first half).

I think it ends tomorrow with a reasonably comfortable final margin - 10-15 points. I can't lie - the booing "fans" and mass exodus on Tuesday and Thursday night in Miami were most enjoyable.

Still, don't want to go to game 6. The Spurs don't either. It's time.

InRareForm
06-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Heat are in Cancun Cancun Cancun mode.

Ron Swanson
06-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Boring troll is boring.

biskvito
06-14-2014, 11:15 AM
game 5 has all facets of a trap game were Heat could wake up and do some damage, but Spurs players remember very well that game 6 pain, so they have something to avoid and something to achieve... I could see this being a disputed game, if Miami shows up (big if at this point)

gnsf0946
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
ok...so 8 = 6 ?

or does it mean 8th seed (MEM)?

8 is losing to 8th seeded Memphis.

Horry Hipcheck
06-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Being down 1-3, Now Miami will feel they have nothing to lose, they will feel no pressure, now Lebron, Wade, Bosh and everybody else on them will play better... Also now when it's time to close it out, the trauma of last year might come into Spurs head...

wow such analysis

gr8 basketball

claps 4 ur brain

wow stats

wow

Quiet Strength
06-14-2014, 12:07 PM
They will feel that they have nothing to lose and they will feel no pressure??? They're in the finals and they are the defending champions. They've got something to lose and they have to win 3 straight to a team that has pretty much owned them this series.. Yeah no pressure.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Boring troll is boring.

He is definitely a troll and a Heat fan like the Manu haters are.

Up 3-1 and you still don't believe in your team? My goodness.

He is a Heat fan through and through.

Dead yet?

:lmao
Good one, chump, in fact, one of your better ones.

davidbowie
06-14-2014, 12:11 PM
i like the attitude kobyz. i'm with you. no celebrating til it's over. need to stay on our toes. and treat it as do or die.

don't wanna give them any hope. it ends tomorrow night.

Darius McCrary
06-14-2014, 12:13 PM
You left out 2008 when Pop took Bowen out with 3 fouls, Kobe went god, and then Fisher power bombed Brent Barry's last second 3 with no foul call. That was bad.

John_C
06-14-2014, 12:17 PM
fuck i don't care what you fucking heat fans say, you are going down on the 5th game

SpursWoman
06-14-2014, 12:37 PM

:lol

I am becoming cautiously optimistic, though. They have played so remarkably well, you think how could they possibly lose? Then they turn around and shit the bed in royal fashion.

All I want is just 1 ... ONE ..... more free cup of coffee.

*sigh*

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:43 PM
:lol

I am becoming cautiously optimistic, though. They have played so remarkably well, you think how could they possibly lose? Then they turn around and shit the bed in royal fashion.

All I want is just 1 ... ONE ..... more free cup of coffee.

*sigh*

I agree, this is why I never ever bet on or against my Spurs. I will "hope" with the best of you.
And if they come through, then I will celebrate with the best of you.
But if they somehow improbably lose, then it won't cry or lose any sleep over it, or cast blame.
No, I will look forward to next year with equally high hopes again, as I have done this year, and every year.
I am a loyal Spurs fan and I will keep pounding on the rock until it breaks.

benefactor
06-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Really starting to think kobyz is timvp.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:56 PM

No one, absolutely no one could be as depressingly crazy as kobyz.

kobyz
06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Nothing to lose? They're back to back champions, for shit sake. They have everything to lose.

Nothing to lose and no pressure cause right now no one accept them to come back, so everybody on them gonna play better...

The Reckoning
06-14-2014, 01:37 PM
word. grats to the heat on the threepeat. well done fellas, you deserved it.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Did Pop show the team game 6 highlights yesterday or today?

KaiRMD1
06-14-2014, 01:46 PM
As is the case with this series,the Miami Heat best chances are the spurs committing as many errors as possible for them to eek out a victory. The Spurs are not the Bobcats, the Nets or the Pacers and the Heat are not the Mavs, the blazers or the Thunder. Sadly, the Mavs were the toughest team the Spurs faced, having been blown out by the Spurs once compared to the rest of the teams.

~~~~~~
06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
SA will come out strong in the 1st Q, like all the other games, and have it wrapped up by the end of the half.

Wade and Bosh, for the most part, have conceded defeat and you can see it in their eyes.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2014, 02:38 PM

It's pretty crazy how close Duncan is to having four MORE rings. He could seriously be sitting on 8 or 9 titles right now with 4 different ball bounces. That's absolutely insane.

anakha
06-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Dead yet?

Harry Callahan
06-14-2014, 03:21 PM
It's pretty crazy how close Duncan is to having four MORE rings. He could seriously be sitting on 8 or 9 titles right now with 4 different ball bounces. That's absolutely insane.

The fifth actual ring is the key right now. It's there for the taking.

spurs10
06-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Really starting to think kobyz is timvp. I've thought that too. Just him having fun stirring the pot. If not, then I have no doubt that person would indeed crumble at the first sign of trouble.

therealtruth
06-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Hopefully we can win it in 5. We need to match the Heat at their best. That should also make it more satisfying. They will be well rested and focused. Probably a number of Spurs could make an argument for Finals MVP if they have a good game.

kobyz
06-14-2014, 04:06 PM
They will feel that they have nothing to lose and they will feel no pressure??? They're in the finals and they are the defending champions. They've got something to lose and they have to win 3 straight to a team that has pretty much owned them this series.. Yeah no pressure.

The pressure is off now when they play against all odds and you need to consider also that Lebron wanting to make that history...

Aztecfan03
06-14-2014, 04:07 PM
8?

I think he means losing to 8th-seeded memphis.

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 04:09 PM
The pressure is off now when they play against all odds and you need to consider also that Lebron wanting to make that history...

Tell ya what, brah...if the Heat pull off the miracle comeback and win the title this year, I will personally buy a LeBron #6 Heat jersey and wear it proudly all year. I'll even post a pic on here for everyone to see. Fair enough?

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 04:11 PM

So what you are saying is that James and the Heat planned to be down 3 to 1 so that they can lull the Spurs into feeling over confident and that way come back and win 3 straight games in order to make history?
Are you serious?
Or are you just a manic depressive crazy idiot?
I say the latter.

Aztecfan03
06-14-2014, 04:13 PM

Hence the pressure on the heat....

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 04:15 PM
So what you are saying is that James and the Heat planned to be down 3 to 1 so that they can lull the Spurs into feeling over confident and that way come back and win 3 straight games in order to make history?
Are you serious?
I say the latter.

For real. The only realistic way Miami wins the title this year is massive unbridled rigging by the NBA, and that would make the title meaningless.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 04:16 PM
No, the only logical explanation is he is a troll because no one is this idiotic, not even the Manu haters.

kobyz
06-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Hence the pressure on the heat....

I think they have no pressure, high motivation to make history but nothing to lose...

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 11:04 PM
OP has a point. The meltdown around here Sunday night is gonna' be epic. Then we lose Game six in Miami.... Oh Lordy...

A snake can still bite long after you cut its head off. Miami ceases to be a threat when we WIN.

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2014, 11:13 PM

Could be. Only kobzzz starts erroneous threads then sits back and doesn't comment.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Yeah, logically, there's no way the Heat win this series. Last year's events has conditioned us to expect the worst.

Not just last year, the 012 WCF and then last year! Add on to that .4 and the Dirk Foul! They will condition you at times for the worst and you become immune to it.
Are you serious?
I say the latter.

That dude has problems! He is the one all summer is till hurts like he lost his first born or some shit.

boutons_deux
06-14-2014, 11:15 PM

G F Y

kobyz
06-15-2014, 03:13 AM
It's possibility that Lebron and the Heat gave us the 3-1 lead to make a crazy comeback and mess with our hearts...

LoneStarState'sPride
06-15-2014, 03:40 AM
It's possibility that Lebron and the Heat gave us the 3-1 lead

Many things are possible.

This is not one of them.

Strange Love
06-15-2014, 03:50 AM
This is why I dont come up here as often.

Pessimist idiots. Some of you could never see the good in this team. Up 3 games to 1 and you still dont believe.

ErnestLynch
06-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Heat might make a game of it with 3 days rest. But then they play again in two days, and then again in two days if they won game 6 and eventually they just get run out of the gym again. Spurs lose game 5 they just lose game 5. But they aren't losing game 5. I don't think the Heat want to show their face in Miami for a while, TBH. Spurs are going to go at 'em hard in the first quarter and crack that nut open, break their will, and that will be that. It becomes a question of how is it going to be ref'd. That is the question. We'll know within 6 minutes how this thing is going to turn out, IMHO.

I'll say this as well. IF the Heat were to make a historic comeback, the refing better be perfect along the way or all hell would break lose and the NBA brand would be damaged. It would have to be 'perfect'.

Skull-1
06-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Heat might make a game of it with 3 days rest. But then they play again in two days, and then again in two days if they won game 6 and eventually they just get run out of the gym again. Spurs lose game 5 they just lose game 5. But they aren't losing game 5. I don't think the Heat want to show their face in Miami for a while, TBH. Spurs are going to go at 'em hard in the first quarter and crack that nut open, break their will, and that will be that. It becomes a question of how is it going to be ref'd. That is the question. We'll know within 6 minutes how this thing is going to turn out, IMHO.

I'll say this as well. IF the Heat were to make a historic comeback, the refing better be perfect along the way or all hell would break lose and the NBA brand would be damaged. It would have to be 'perfect'.

Expect foul trouble early for Leonard and Green again.

NBA can't have its golden manchild humiliated.

TampaDude
06-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Expect foul trouble early for Leonard and Green again.

NBA can't have its golden manchild humiliated.

^ this, tbh

The refs will deliver the threepeat for LeBron and the Heatles. Spurs just playing the part of the Generals again. It is what it is.

Harry Callahan
06-15-2014, 07:49 AM
I think Pop got in Danny's and Kawhi's ear the last couple of games. Now they know to play close (but not too close), move your feet, and not bail them out with the hands in foul.

We need those two on the floor a lot tonight in order to finish this. I think they understand how this needs to go.

Lebron and Wade (and probably Bosh) will go 38-40 unless it goes blowout city. If the ball moves on the offensive end as it should, those three will be dying out there in the 4th quarter.

Our guys just have to watch out for cheap shots from Chalmers, Allen, Wade, and Birdman. Ray Allen has been trying to injure Manu all series.

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 09:53 AM

The Spurs also got the rest and they're pretty good when they get rest. I think the Heat blew their chances.

DPG21920
06-15-2014, 12:00 PM

Not everyone, Mid. Some see through the noise:

Stabula
06-15-2014, 09:53 PM
lol bitch