PDA

View Full Version : OT: Playing with Lebron

SpursBills
06-14-2014, 10:17 AM
When the superfriends first got together in 2010, they started off slowly because Lebron and Wade had similar skillsets. Bringing Carmelo into the fold also duplicates a lot of what the Heat already have.

With that in mind, which two players would you put with Lebron to form the most effective big 3? For the purposes of this discussion, assume that everyone starts out healthy (i.e. pre-ACL derrick rose, pre-Achilles Kobe). Also, no Kevin Durant.

For me, Lebron's biggest weaknesses are his age (pushing 30, lots of miles) and his slight tendency to overestimate his teammates' capabilities. I would take:

Anthony Davis:
Pros - gives him a long athletic back line defender that he could pair with; could be the most devastating 3-4 PNR in the history of the game; young with a developing offensive game that raises the ceiling of the team; decent jumper to providing spacing for drives to the lane
Cons - a little too slight to play center; if he plays PF, lebron would have to move to SF, reducing his effectiveness

Stephen Curry:
Pros - young guy, already a superstar and will only continue to grow; benefits the most from lebron's drives and post game; second ball-handler to take pressure off traps
Cons - defense. ankles.I considered Dwight over Anthony Davis just because you'd have to find a serviceable center to play with AD from a roster-building standpoint and those are fairly rare and very expensive, but in the end decided that his talent would be too much to pass up.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2014, 11:08 AM
has he ever help develop any player to become role player?

he had danny g reen once, i dont know why someone who just won ncaa title gets drafted 47th ride the bench on the cavs, why didnt they develop him? was there something wrong with dannys ego or work effort?

Splits
06-14-2014, 11:15 AM
LeBron will option out and join the Spurs. You could see his admiration for our playing style late Thursday night, it fits his game perfectly and Pop could lead him to a 5-peat with our core and talent-matching abilities to bring in other pieces when Tim and Manu call it quits.

You heard it here first.

Buddy Mignon
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Who gives a fuck. Some of you faggots need your thread privileges revoked.

unleashbaynes
06-14-2014, 01:23 PM
LeBron will option out and join the Spurs. You could see his admiration for our playing style late Thursday night, it fits his game perfectly and Pop could lead him to a 5-peat with our core and talent-matching abilities to bring in other pieces when Tim and Manu call it quits.

You heard it here first.
LeBron winning titles on the Spurs is Kirby fans worst nightmare :lol

xellos88330
06-14-2014, 01:33 PM
has he ever help develop any player to become role player?

he had danny g reen once, i dont know why someone who just won ncaa title gets drafted 47th ride the bench on the cavs, why didnt they develop him? was there something wrong with dannys ego or work effort?

All I know is that Green called him to get another chance with the Spurs.

xellos88330
06-14-2014, 01:40 PM

You heard it here first.

I don't see how he would fit in with the way the Spurs are currently built. What position would he play?

Clipper Nation
06-14-2014, 01:46 PM
I still want to see how a LeBron/Blake duo would do, tbh.... surround them with three-and-D guys and that would be a scary team....