PDA

View Full Version : SAEN Takes a wet poo on Heat fans

jag
06-14-2014, 11:28 AM
The first hint of discontent began shortly before halftime of Thursday night's NBA Finals Game 4, as the visiting Spurs built a 19-point lead on the home-standing Miami Heat.

An image popped up on the @SportsNation Twitter feed. It showed scores of Heat fans...they spilled out of AmericanAirlines Arena, like shallow, disloyal rats deserting a sinking hype machine.

Yes, Spurs fans will leave early during meaningless regular-season losses. They even might cash out in the fourth period of important games that turn into nightmares for the silver and black.

But Spurs fans don't boo the players.

You can't argue that Heat fans are spoiled, since the team has only won three championships. We've won four and we don't act like they did Thursday night.

The Heat players don't suffer from bad fans because those aren't real fans. Those people are frontrunners who have latched onto the new hotness.

Continue reading (http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/roy-bragg/article/Spurs-fans-are-all-diehards-5551567.php)

:lol damn

Baam
06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Same thing happened in game 1 vs Golden State last year at the AT&T so whatever... Miami fans mostly look like tools but it happens everywhere...

Horry Hipcheck
06-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Same thing happened in game 1 vs Golden State last year at the AT&T so whatever... Miami fans mostly look like tools but it happens everywhere...

Minus the booing. Spurs fans have at least never booed this team.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Too bad many of the Spur fans on this site don't rock with the same class that the ones at the game do.
Some fans here act like "entitled" children, like the Manu haters.
They are the Heats' best fans!

Darius McCrary
06-14-2014, 12:08 PM
I'd punch the spurfan next to me in the face at the ATT if they booed the team.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Too bad we can't do that on a message board.

BillMc
06-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Heat fans are fairweather. Majority of them can onboard in 2010 and most will be gone when the title train ends.

Quiet Strength
06-14-2014, 12:14 PM

What if it was David Robinson? Just joking.. but seriously.. what if it was David Robinson?

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:21 PM
What if it was David Robinson? Just joking.. but seriously.. what if it was David Robinson?

He has too much class to ever boo his team.

SpursWoman
06-14-2014, 12:26 PM

+1

I've had season tickets for a few years, and have been to a couple hundred games at least ... yeah, the fans that leave early are annoying, but I have never heard them boo'ing their own team. No matter how big of an egg they were laying or how important the game.

jag
06-14-2014, 12:39 PM
I've been present in some ugly playoff blowouts (I think we all have) and I can't even imagine Spurs fans booing Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Especially in the Finals. The Spurs lost in legendary/horrific/depressing fashion last year and there were hundreds/thousands of fans waiting for the Spurs when they arrived back home.

DarrinS
06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
I've been present in some ugly playoff blowouts (I think we all have) and I can't even imagine Spurs fans booing Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Especially in the Finals. The Spurs lost in legendary/horrific/depressing fashion last year and there were hundreds/thousands of fans waiting for the Spurs when they arrived back home.

I remember being at a restaurant in 1995 after the Rockets beat the Spurs. David Robinson walks in with his wife and everyone in the restaurant gave him a standing ovation.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Have you read any of the demeaning blameful posts by some of the Manu haters on this site?
They would boo him, it is obvious.

Drachen
06-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Fans booed bowen every time he was announced in the starting lineup.

Darius McCrary
06-14-2014, 01:25 PM
1) I probably could not reach his face
2) Yes I'd still try
3) No worries because Robinson is Christian so he'd instantly forgive me and then give me an autograph.

DarrinS
06-14-2014, 01:47 PM

Kinda like how Cowboys fans always boo'ed Moose Johnston

Quiet Strength
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
1) I probably could not reach his face
2) Yes I'd still try
3) No worries because Robinson is Christian so he'd instantly forgive me and then give me an autograph.

lol

Drachen
06-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Kinda like how Cowboys fans always boo'ed Moose Johnston

Pretty much exactly like that

Seventyniner
06-14-2014, 02:17 PM

:lol

Blue font next time though.

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2014, 02:44 PM
The relationship between the city and the Spurs is unique, and it predates the Robinson/Duncan eras.

Old School 44
06-14-2014, 02:46 PM
I even remember when the Spurs were giving a similar beatdown ending the Lakers championship run and on the way to closing the Forum. The Lakers fans, including Jack, stayed and gave them a standing ovation.

xmas1997
06-14-2014, 03:18 PM
The relationship between the city and the Spurs is unique, and it predates the Robinson/Duncan eras.

This is true.
It started the first time they played a game here.

Shastafarian
06-14-2014, 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4KriMaaQK8

DRob with the goods :lol Even before the Heat "fans" booed and walked out on their team. Go to the ~ 6:00 mark for the goods.

Splits
06-14-2014, 08:22 PM
I even remember when the Spurs were giving a similar beatdown ending the Lakers championship run and on the way to closing the Forum. The Lakers fans, including Jack, stayed and gave them a standing ovation.

Like this?

http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/LA-Forum-Front-Row-Empty-e1367246059320.png

skulls138
06-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Sometimes booing is deserved. The reason people wouldnt boo the Spurs is because they have to earn everything they get. They arent given the red carpet treatment for doing nothing. They have to make it to the fucking Finals to get noticed.

Emperor
06-15-2014, 12:14 AM
I only know one legit pre Lebron and even pre Wade Heat fan but that's about it. The rest just jumped aboard that bandwagon.