PDA

View Full Version : R.C. Buford interview

smaka
06-14-2014, 02:57 PM
How do you do it, with the same group, without having to refuel in the lottery?
“The commitment that Tim and Manu and Pop and Tony have provided to our organization is the foundation of that. It’s allowed us to be successful.”
Was there ever a moment it looked like breaking up the Big Three was the best option?
“There were times that other people said we should be breaking it up. But what’s the alternative? Our best alternative was to keep the group together. There were some givens. I don’t think we were going to trade Tim Duncan, and maybe others. With that being the case, assuming that wasn’t going to happen, what were you going to do? Our best solution to to keep the group together, to meet their expectations. I don’t think we really worry about anybody else’s expectations except our group’s, and the commitment we have to them.”

:tu

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/06/14/why-are-we-talking-about-this-a-qa-with-spurs-general-manager-r-c-buford/

spurs10
06-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Thank you smaka for posting this! It is the one must read I've seen in this long wait for Sunday. Touching, intense, and practical. Go Spurs!!!!