PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Mavs could've won a championship this year as an 8th seed

rogues
06-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Had Dejuan Blair not been kicked out..the Spurs go down 3-1..the Mavs would've won in the series in 6..the Blazers and my Thunder would have fallen short to the Mavs..Rick Carlisle is the best coach at defending Miami..

TampaDude
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Naah...OKC would've rolled them.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Meh had carter not made a flukey 3 shit would have been over in 5, tbh...

m>s
06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Meh had carter not made a flukey 3 shit would have been over in 5, tbh...
vince carter is a good 3 point shooter for his career...just making the shots hes supposed to make tbh

rogues
06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Naah...OKC would've rolled them.
With an injured Serge?..debatable..Carlisle would have ran circles around Scotty..

spurraider21
06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
and you could have been aborted. Some things just don't work out for the best

Floyd Pacquiao
06-14-2014, 05:08 PM
vince carter is a good 3 point shooter for his career...just making the shots hes supposed to make tbh
Nah Fuck that, he made a fall away 3 with manu draped all over him, fluke shot is fluke, tbh...

m>s
06-14-2014, 05:08 PM
so you admit that the mavs winning it all would have been for the best

spurraider21
06-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Sure why not. Oh well

rogues
06-14-2014, 05:11 PM
:lol Taylor is one butthurt faggot ass Armenian..he appears in every thread talking irrational shit to BD..hence, 18,000 of the most emptiest posts you will ever see..

mavsfan1000
06-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I agree. But maybe OKC takes us. Than Miami takes down OKC.

Ricky Davis
06-14-2014, 07:17 PM
:lol I'm honestly not even sure we beat Portland. Aldridge is a tough matchup for Dirk at this point in his career and they would've had HCA as opposed to going down to SA and being completely shell shocked from the get go.

Kidd K
06-14-2014, 07:29 PM
The Mavs would have lost to every team they could have possibly faced in the west besides maybe the Warriors or Grizzlies, and they certainly would not have beaten Miami.

Its a joke some of you dipshits now are going to act like Miami's bad or the west was easy all the sudden just because the ELITE Spurs are crushing them.

Most people picked Miami ALL SEASON to repeat, and a lot of you numbskulls did all the way until Game 4. So let's not revise history now just because it suits a new argument.

Franklin
06-14-2014, 07:34 PM
BD finally speaking some valuable truth tbh.

Strange Love
06-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Its a joke some of you dipshits now are going to act like Miami's bad or the west was easy all the sudden just because the ELITE Spurs are crushing them.

Most people picked Miami ALL SEASON to repeat, and a lot of you numbskulls did all the way until Game 4. So let's not revise history now just because it suits a new argument.

You would do good to notice the only assholes saying such idiocy are trolls and people with little basketball knowledge. And I bet half the people talking trash hadn't even paid attention to the season leading to the playoffs.

And you only read such garbage here. Haven't heard any fallacies from any other place.

ElNono
06-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Love Carlisle, and the Mavs really played well in the 1st round, but they were too flawed in certain areas, tbh... I'm appreciative they forced to bring the best out of us... sometimes those early challenges work out for the best, and I thought in that case it did.

Ricky Davis
06-14-2014, 07:43 PM
The Mavs would have lost to every team they could have possibly faced in the west besides maybe the Warriors or Grizzlies, and they certainly would not have beaten Miami.

That's probably true (although I think they might've beaten Houston). Dallas really wasn't a good team :lol Watching them all season the role players played out of their minds vs SA. (DeJuan Blair pickpocketing Ginobili and leading a one man fastbreak etc) . Game 7 and the 4th quarter of game 1 they played sloppy and it fell apart quickly in both games.

tbh this 14 Mavs team is maybe my second favorite ever just for the fight they put up against SA. No way they maintain that kind of play for three more series

Kidd K
06-14-2014, 07:50 PM
That's probably true (although I think they might've beaten Houston). Dallas really wasn't a good team :lol Watching them all season the role players played out of their minds vs SA. (DeJuan Blair pickpocketing Ginobili and leading a one man fastbreak etc) . Game 7 and the 4th quarter of game 1 they played sloppy and it fell apart quickly in both games.

tbh this 14 Mavs team is maybe my second favorite ever just for the fight they put up against SA. No way they maintain that kind of play for three more series

I guess maybe Houston. . .They really flamed out hard, but tbh Aldridge has a miracle series and Lillard was amazing too. I'm not sure Dirk could have matched Aldridge's performance this year. That was like a 2011 Dirk performance where he was amazing all postseason

Kool Bob Love
06-14-2014, 07:55 PM

Jacob's step daddy you wrong for that one.

http://youtu.be/3emK-oy0LyQ

elmanutres
06-14-2014, 08:25 PM
*Could've

DMC
06-14-2014, 08:33 PM
There are a lot of things that could happen. I believe the Mavericks were the second best team in the West this year. What has happened and what is happening is that the Spurs are running away with it. That could change tomorrow night. We'll see. After all is said and done no one will really care what could have happened.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2014, 10:01 PM

Go fuck yourself dipshit.

Jacob1983
06-14-2014, 10:05 PM
My Mavs might be the only team to beat the Spurs 3 times in the playoffs this year. I think the Mavs were a wakeup call for the Spurs. Let's be honest, the Spurs played their worst basketball of the playoffs against my Mavs. After the first round, the Spurs improved and have demolished teams since then.

Arcadian
06-14-2014, 10:11 PM

Exactly...so many people here are incredibly butthurt about the Spurs' success, so they say ridiculous things to detract from it.

FkLA
06-14-2014, 10:13 PM
lol can't believe some ppl actually think the Mavs were the second best team in the West

Jacob1983
06-14-2014, 10:19 PM
OKC and Portland did not get 3 wins against the Spurs.

Franklin
06-14-2014, 10:23 PM
agree, 1st round was just like the warm-up round for them Spurs tbh

Kidd K
06-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Go fuck yourself dipshit.

y u mad though? :lmao

Franklin
06-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Of course we gave Spurs the toughest challenge on their path to glory but you're deluding yourself if you think we could beat OKC or Monkeyball, without having a hardcore defensive big like TC. That said, Spurs should still thank us because we knew our limits and we did them a big favor showing them the green light while they were still sleeping.

FkLA
06-14-2014, 10:28 PM
So? KG and Twolves took one in SA in '99 before they went on to sweep the rest of the West. Doesn't mean they were better than Portland or LA that year.

Carlisle is a boss and the Mavs put up a valiant effort, more than any of us were expecting...but it's obvious the Spurs turned it up a level from Game 7 on out tbh.

dg7md
06-14-2014, 11:08 PM

This 2014 Miami Heat team is not the 2012-2013 unit... they are exhausted, worn out, and I don't even know what to say of them. I think a lot of western teams could have beaten them, even OKC. Maybe not Dallas, but I know the Clippers and Warriors probably could have.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2014, 11:11 PM

You mean exactly like the one he missed against Philly in 01?

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2014, 11:26 PM
saying the mavs couldve

is like rocktfans saying we wouldve put up a better fight then portland

ezau
06-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Winning all throughout the PO without HCA is a tough ordeal for a team like the Mavs. They're good of course, especially Carlisle with Dirk, but it's highly improbable given the odds against them.

phyzik
06-15-2014, 12:18 AM
I think Dallas would have made it to the NBA finals, but would lose to Miami....

Spurs just match up better IMHO.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2014, 12:57 AM
htf is the heat team exhausted, easy east, beating scrub east playoff teams who have no business playin playoffs, yet the heat got pushed by inferior teams in the east playoffs

while spurs had to play 7-4-6 = 17 games to reach the finals, they dont look tired at all..

i thought the heat are coasting?

Blake
06-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Had Dejuan Blair not been kicked out....the Mavs would've won in the series

:lmao :lmao :lmao

rogues
06-15-2014, 01:08 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao
:lol You cuck, fuck you..

100%duncan
06-15-2014, 03:43 AM

:lmao

mavsfan1000
06-15-2014, 06:01 AM
What a surprise. The Mavs getting discredited even though they were close to defeating the mighty Spurs. The Mavs got healthy and had momentum going into the playoffs. What could've been if they stole game 1 or won game 4.

Franklin
06-15-2014, 08:13 AM
That's why Spurs should thank us imho. We served as a perfect training partner to them Spurs in the first round which helped them get to their best form. True that we could've beat them, but it was good news we didn't because otherwise OKC would've represented the West and would've got meekly curbstomped by Superfags without a doubt like what happened in 2012.

weebo
06-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Spurs were playing shitty basketball prior to the playoffs getting started. They went 4-4 during that stretch and were playing poorly on both ends. So, the Mavs got the Spurs at their lowest point and still needed a fluke shot to extend the series. The Spurs righted the ship not because of the shitty Mavs but because that is what great teams do. They flipped that switch and blew the shitty Mavs out of the water.

Gummi Clutch
06-15-2014, 08:41 AM
The mavs wouldn't have even beaten the blazers.

Kidd K
06-15-2014, 08:42 AM
This 2014 Miami Heat team is not the 2012-2013 unit... they are exhausted, worn out, and I don't even know what to say of them. I think a lot of western teams could have beaten them, even OKC. Maybe not Dallas, but I know the Clippers and Warriors probably could have.

Exhausted from what? Playing basically the same number of games as the Spurs over the last 3 years, except against weaker competition 2/3rds of the time while not playing overseas in the offseason?

The Heat "exhaustion" angle is overplayed.

dg7md
06-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Exhausted from what? Playing basically the same number of games as the Spurs over the last 3 years, except against weaker competition 2/3rds of the time while not playing overseas in the offseason?

Age. Their roleplayers are older than ours. Not to mention LeBron has literally carried the load of the whole team this whole season — he's clearly worn out. Wade seems tired, too.

Yes, without a doubt the Heat are in a much weaker division than us. However, LeBron has been asked to do more on that team than any one of our starting players and most of our bench... he is the Miami Heat at this point of the "Big 3" era.

DMX7
06-15-2014, 11:03 AM

and Blair just making the stupid over-emotional plays he supposed to.

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Age. Their roleplayers are older than ours. Not to mention LeBron has literally carried the load of the whole team this whole season — he's clearly worn out. Wade seems tired, too.

Yes, without a doubt the Heat are in a much weaker division than us. However, LeBron has been asked to do more on that team than any one of our starting players and most of our bench... he is the Miami Heat at this point of the "Big 3" era.

I don't know if he's being asked to do more or if he's just capable of doing more and takes it upon himself. I hope it's the latter, because we need him to go full on hero ball tonight, hail fucking Mary from the inbounds to the other end on every possession. He needs to come out like it's a 3pt shooting contest and a dunk contest at the same time. I want to see him so fucking tired by the half that he's getting a life flight with DD to whatever shithole hospital he was hatched in so they can type his mutated blood.

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:17 AM

The media needs the Heat to be exhausted. They cannot tolerate for a second the notion that team ball can beat stacked monkeyballing teams, even if the monkeyballers have a good system as well. The notion that any stacked team can be beaten by herpes infestation like SA (never goes away) goes against all the super hero bullshit the media loves to push. I mean, other than purists, who gives a shit if Boris Diaw can do an up and under after a sick up fake and pivot? Who cares if Kawhi's shooting has totally destroyed the stereotypical silent defender type mantra, and who gives a shit if the Spurs are winning with the big 3 playing less than stellar basketball, and not just winning but dominating a stacked team with 3 franchise players and every legriding role player in the league? You could make a starting 5 with no draft pick lower than 5 on that team, and have a bench player or two that still doesn't violate that threshold. No way media wants to go down that road, where developing a player beats buying one or tanking for one.

Kidd K
06-15-2014, 12:01 PM
The media needs the Heat to be exhausted. They cannot tolerate for a second the notion that team ball can beat stacked monkeyballing teams, even if the monkeyballers have a good system as well. The notion that any stacked team can be beaten by herpes infestation like SA (never goes away) goes against all the super hero bullshit the media loves to push. I mean, other than purists, who gives a shit if Boris Diaw can do an up and under after a sick up fake and pivot? Who cares if Kawhi's shooting has totally destroyed the stereotypical silent defender type mantra, and who gives a shit if the Spurs are winning with the big 3 playing less than stellar basketball, and not just winning but dominating a stacked team with 3 franchise players and every legriding role player in the league? You could make a starting 5 with no draft pick lower than 5 on that team, and have a bench player or two that still doesn't violate that threshold. No way media wants to go down that road, where developing a player beats buying one or tanking for one.

Good take. At every turn it's been excuse after excuse. I have no doubts that when it's over, the media will throw LeBron's whole team under the bus starting with it's role players.

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard them hyping up Diaw (who they trashed to hell and back a few years ago) and acting like Danny Green was a borderline all star when nobody wanted him 2 years ago. As if LeBron doesn't have Ray Allen, D. Wade, and Chris Bosh on his team. :lol

Kidd K
06-15-2014, 12:12 PM

I believe it's LeBron's choice to do that much. Just like it's Kobe and Westbrook's choice to shoot as much as they do. LeBron just chooses to do additional things on top of score to keep his stats up. Does LeBron really need to handle the ball that much, or does he just really want the ball all the time? It's partly his choice. It isn't like he's surrounded by scrubs. His teammates cannot continuously be blamed even indirectly.

The media is always saying the team with the best player usually wins. The team with LeBron should always be favored. I can't pick against LeBron! Except it's all untrue. Exhaustion is not a valid excuse when he's supposed to be the best player who makes it all happen. Suddenly now team matters, not superstars? It's hypocrisy. Can't be both. Media always undervalues role players unless they need to make an excuse for a superstar. "Bowen doesn't do anything on offense so he puts all his energy into defending Kobe/LeBron. It isn't fair".

Mori Chu
06-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Playoffs are all about matchups. Mavs matched up really well against the Spurs, but they are a trash team that would have gotten curb stomped by the bigger, stronger, more athletic Western teams like the Clips, Grizz, or Rockets. Maybe even scrub squads like the Blazers or Warriors would have beaten them. If Mavs had somehow upset the Spurs, guaranteed that they'd have lost in the 2nd round.

TVI
06-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Had Dejuan Blair not been kicked out..the Spurs go down 3-1..the Mavs would've won in the series in 6..the Blazers and my Thunder would have fallen short to the Mavs..Rick Carlisle is the best coach at defending Miami..Thunderup stealing from MWP.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140613-metta-world-peace-picked-mavericks-to-win-2014-title-and-still-believes-it.ece