PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James to Spurs: Best Destination for him

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 07:47 PM
If LeBron James opts out of his contract and tests Free Agency, he would be wise to take a long hard look at the Spurs. Since day 1 he has had to live up to the hype of being the next Michael Jordan. In truth, this added pressure has always been unfair. James is great and the best player in the league but he is NOT the next Jordan. His game doesn't translate the same way.

He is not the same type of player or scorer that MJ was and in this day and age the media wants to pigeon-hold him into that category. If he truly wanted to maximize his potential and surpass MJ in titles, he would play for the Spurs. I'm almost certain he would average a triple-double if he wanted. With the amount of ball movement and emphasis on sharing the basketball in the Spurs' system, James would flourish.

It probably won't happen but it would be amazing if it did. He wouldn't be obligated to score as much and all of the pressure of being "the man" would be off his back. The best franchise with the best coach + the best player in the league = Multiple Championships.

Bringing in James would mean not resigning Bonner and letting Danny Green go. Tim & Manu would also have to take pay-cuts. James would be able to prolong their careers and would add versatility to the lineup. He can play just about every position on the floor except for Center.

Starting 5:

Parker - Pg
James - Sg
Duncan- Pf
Leonard - Sf
Splitter - C

Bench:

Manu
Diaw
Mills
BeliNeli
Baynes
Joseph

Kidd K
06-14-2014, 07:55 PM
I would much rather trade Marco and keep Green. I want Green to stay a Spur 'til he retires. He's in the "Spur for life" category imo.

But yeah, putting LeBron on our already amazing team would probably result in one of the top teams of all time. He's never coming here though. With a game 5 win tomorrow, we would have beaten him in the Finals twice and left him looking VERY lucky to have pulled out the one win on us that he did. He probably hates us secretly.

cjw
06-14-2014, 07:55 PM
If LeBron James opts out of his contract and tests Free Agency, he would be wise to take a long hard look at the Spurs. Since day 1 he has had to live up to the hype of being the next Michael Jordan. In truth, this added pressure has always been unfair. James is great and the best player in the league but he is NOT the next Jordan. His game doesn't translate the same way.

He is not the same type of player or scorer that MJ was and in this day and age the media wants to pigeon-hold him into that category. If he truly wanted to maximize his potential and surpass MJ in titles, he would play for the Spurs. I'm almost certain he would average a triple-double if he wanted. With the amount of ball movement and emphasis on sharing the basketball in the Spurs' system, James would flourish.

I'm almost certain it would never happen but it would be amazing if it did. He wouldn't be obligated to score as much and all of the pressure of being "the man" would be off his back. The best franchise with the best coach + the best player in the league = Multiple Championships.

Bringing in James would mean not resigning Bonner and letting Danny Green go. Tim & Manu would also have to take pay-cuts. James would be able to prolong their careers and would add versatility to the lineup. He can play just about every position on the floor except for Center.

Starting 5:

Parker - Pg
James - Sg
Duncan- Pf
Leonard - Sf
Splitter - C

Bench:

Manu
Diaw
Mills
BeliNeli
Baynes
Joseph

Manu is under contract next year, not possible for him to take a pay cut. Danny Green is also under contract next year. Lebron would be great here but let's get off the pipe.

xellos88330
06-14-2014, 07:56 PM

I'm almost certain it would never happen but it would be amazing if it did. He wouldn't be obligated to score as much and all of the pressure of being "the man" would be off his back. The best franchise with the best coach + the best player in the league = Multiple Championships.

Starting 5:

Parker - Pg
James - Sg
Duncan- Pf
Leonard - Sf
Splitter - C

Bench:

Manu
Diaw
Mills
BeliNeli
Baynes
Joseph

If you can't beat 'em.... join 'em. :P

Fpoonsie
06-14-2014, 07:57 PM
rofl

Emperor
First off, Spurs can't afford him if Duncan doesn't retire. Second, can he start at the 4 fulltime? If so and if he was willing to take another paycut ,then i'd be all for it.

thiste
I'm not sure he would accept the big pay cut and averaging 20ppg. But as I said in another thread, if he wants to come over, I'd welcome him. I agree with you that it'd be his best bet if he wants the most championships.

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Manu is under contract next year, not possible for him to take a pay cut. Danny Green is also under contract next year. Lebron would be great here but let's get off the pipe.

So we'd pay the luxury tax for a year and then re-sign Manu and Tim for less money when theirs expire. I think they would do it knowing they could play another 2 or 3 years. The Spurs can win without James but my point is that he would flourish in this system and with a great coach. Would he even consider it? Who knows ?

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 08:07 PM
rofl

What are you ROFL at? I didn't say it was going to happen, my point is that San Antonio would be the best location for him to play and would suit his game better than anywhere else. Is that so funny?

TheyCallMePro
06-14-2014, 08:08 PM
This has been running through my mind since last year. Lebron respects the hell out of the Spurs, and is a team first guy all the way. But he won't do it because the chant of "If you can't beat em...join em!" would ring through the rooftops of America, and people would tune out his accomplishments.

BatManu20
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
:lol Lebron will retire before he plays a game with the Spurs.

Prime Time
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
LeBron would never join the Spurs for 3 reasons.

1- Cap issues
2- Signing with a team who (assuming Spurs win) beat you in the finals 2 out of 3 times screams 'loser' at an all-time high. I doubt he wants to deal with that backlash.
3- Come on, it's San Antonio.

Fpoonsie
06-14-2014, 08:18 PM
What are you ROFL at? I didn't say it was going to happen, my point is that San Antonio would be the best location for him to play and would suit his game better than anywhere else. Is that so funny?

SA couldn't get Danny fucking Granger to sign.

RD2191
06-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Splits
06-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Normally I would say no way he would even consider it. But if wrong-about-everything BatManu and robdiaz are on that train, then I guess it is highly probable he'll be wearing silver & black next year.

BatManu20
Meanwhile, in the news of actual possibilities, it's looking more and more likely that Melo is leaving NY. Reports indicating that he's likely to choose between Chicago, Houston, and Miami.

Hoops Czar
LeBron would never join the Spurs for 3 reasons.

1- Cap issues
2- Signing with a team who (assuming Spurs win) beat you in the finals 2 out of 3 times screams 'loser' at an all-time high. I doubt he wants to deal with that backlash.
3- Come on, it's San Antonio.

#3 is getting tiresome.

RD2191
06-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Normally I would say no way he would even consider it. But if wrong-about-everything BatManu and robdiaz are on that train, then I guess it is highly probable he'll be wearing silver & black next year.
:wakeup

marinoman
06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Lebron as Leonards backup sounds good to me. Hed be a solid contributer off the bench, give us a good 20 mpg

r0drig0lac
06-14-2014, 08:34 PM
SA couldn't get Danny fucking Granger to sign.lol, this

MANUNG-Ginobili
06-14-2014, 08:43 PM
he'll join us when he's 38 years old..a backup for kawhi..

DMC
06-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Going to the Spurs would be the stupidest decision LeBron James could ever make. He is an earnings potential the likes of which the NBA has not seen since Michael. He would kill all of that in San Antonio. LeBron James needs to either stay in Miami or he needs to go to New York or Los Angeles to maximize his earnings potential. There's no reason to do anything else.

cd021
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
nor Oden, :lol

so by any logic, its a no.

DMC
06-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Spurs make heroes, they don't buy them.

Splits
06-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Going to the Spurs would be the stupidest decision LeBron James could ever make. He is an earnings potential the likes of which the NBA has not seen since Michael. He would kill all of that in San Antonio. LeBron James needs to either stay in Miami or he needs to go to New York or Los Angeles to maximize his earnings potential. There's no reason to do anything else.

Yeah, because going ringless the rest of his career would bring in max endorsement money, not to mention how LA/NYC delivered MJ his fortune.

4down
06-14-2014, 08:59 PM
He would play for Tottenham before San Antonio

Hoops Czar
06-14-2014, 09:01 PM

What makes you think the Spurs were interested in the first place.

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 09:07 PM

Exactly. Fucking DG was rumored to be finished. A lot of good he did the Clips..who also tried Stephen Jackson out this year. If Lebron's agent called the Spurs, they would listen. If both parties wanted it to happen, it would happen. Forget all the logistics and salaries, my point was that the Spurs would be the best team for him to play for. Better than Miami, Cleveland, Lakers, etc.

cd021
06-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Duncan, would have to opt out and resign for the vet min. That would put the Spurs at at around $44 million. If we resign Diaw thats about $50 million. probably would to move Joseph and Belinelli to have enough to resign Mills and sign Lebron for $15 million next year.

Thats not happening

barakz21
06-14-2014, 09:13 PM

It probably won't happen but it would be amazing if it did. He wouldn't be obligated to score as much and all of the pressure of being "the man" would be off his back. The best franchise with the best coach + the best player in the league = Multiple Championships.

Starting 5:

Parker - Pg
James - Sg
Duncan- Pf
Leonard - Sf
Splitter - C

Bench:

Manu
Diaw
Mills
BeliNeli
Baynes
Joseph

Funny, i just thinking about commenting on the melo to spurs thread that I'd rather have lebron. But for my scenario, I'm keeping green, and TD's either retired or at a very discounted rate. Basically, a starting lineup of TP green, Kawhi, lebron and splitter. Tell me that's not a terror on both ends of the floor.

Edit: I was also gonna say that there was no way this would ever happen

Uriel
06-14-2014, 09:20 PM
The only way we can clear enough salary cap space to offer LeBron a max contract this summer would be if Duncan opts out, we waive Parker, and then renounce the rights to Diaw and Mills.

That's far too much to give up for LeBron.

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Melo has no place on this team as he is pretty one-dimensional. He's a great scorer but he needs the ball way too much. The beauty of the Spurs' offense is that defenses can't focus on any one player. Everyone can hurt you.

tmtcsc
06-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Any scenario where Lebron signs here would have the Spurs paying over the cap. It would also mean Lebron taking less to play here than most anywhere else.

Fpoonsie
06-14-2014, 09:51 PM

Okay, I'll rephrase.

"SA couldn't get [insert low-to-mid-level fucking FA here] to sign."

sexinthatsx
06-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Lebron James does not fit in the Spurs system. The amount of touches he needs every game will cause other players to slack on offense and stand around to watch instead of being active. It's counter-productive

phyzik
06-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Lebron James does not fit in the Spurs system. The amount of touches he needs every game will cause other players to slack on offense and stand around to watch instead of being active. It's counter-productive

While I don't think Lebron would EVER come to the spurs, I think this is wrong.

Lebron is a GREAT facilitator... He would flourish in the Spurs system. He is constantly trying to set his team mates up, they just suck. Lebron would feel pure ecstasy if he was with this current Spurs team. If he opts out, I wouldn't doubt that he at least THINKS about coming here (especially if we beat them with our role players on Sunday). He makes enough money else were. If he is serious about rings, he would be perfect here, we got the starting role players and the bench that he wants, it is a matter of how much he wants to be paid vs a Ring.

Hypothetically speaking, if he REALLY wanted a ring, we could offer him a 1yr contract with the promise in 2015 to pay him big, it all depends on how much he cherishes a ring this next year. He wont come, but if he opts out, the Spurs will at LEAST make an offer.

jag
06-14-2014, 11:00 PM

:lol

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Pipe. Fucking. Dream.

4down
06-14-2014, 11:32 PM
He takes vet min to go back to Cleveland and team up with Jabari Parker. They sign Kevin love and filler. Or wait for Anthony Davis to become FA. King returns home. Lol

dg7md
06-14-2014, 11:34 PM
LeBron is the type of player who would appreciate being in a system like the Spurs, but not in his prime. I could see Bron signing up in 2019 (or so) though, when he's less effective and more of a roleplayer. He will likely stay with the Heat, go back to Cleveland, or sign with the Knicks.

If he does sign with the Knicks, I guarantee Phil Jackson will step out of the shadows and suddenly feel like coaching again. :lol No way Fish coaches a LeBron-led team with Phil involved in the organization.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-15-2014, 01:20 AM
i think a more interesting pipe dream would be a cavs hire larry brown as team president. robert horry as coach. draft whoever lebron wants to play with. and lebron returns.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-15-2014, 01:23 AM
but i totally think Lebron would realize his potential to top Kobe and MJ by coming here. maybe even enter the Chamberlain/Russel convesation.

mudyez
06-15-2014, 02:49 AM
I would much rather trade Marco and keep Green. I want Green to stay a Spur 'til he retires. He's in the "Spur for life" category imo.

Didn't that ship already sail?

jARS mEsH sEt
06-15-2014, 02:53 AM
but i totally think Lebron would realize his potential to top Kobe and MJ by coming here. maybe even enter the Chamberlain/Russel convesation.

Are you literally implying that Russell is higher up on the list than Jordan?

100%duncan
06-15-2014, 03:59 AM
wet dream

Mr Fundamental
06-15-2014, 04:25 AM
I can not imagine a player that calls himself ''The King'' under coaching of a guy named ''Gregg Popovich''

heyheymymy
06-15-2014, 05:05 AM
so is anyone going to pass me the crack pipe that was going around in the first page of this thread?

TampaDude
06-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Why on Earth would LeBron leave the Heat for a Spurs team they cucked twice in a row? :lol

PublicOption
06-15-2014, 07:01 AM
lebron-diaw-leonard would be better than jordan-pippen-rodman tbh.

Harry Callahan
06-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Why on Earth would LeBron leave the Heat for a Spurs team they cucked twice in a row? :lol

I figured out what you're doing finally. Well played.

TampaDude
06-15-2014, 07:24 AM
I figured out what you're doing finally. Well played.

:toast

Harry Callahan
06-15-2014, 07:28 AM
lebron-diaw-leonard would be better than jordan-pippen-rodman tbh.

James, Leonard, and Green on the floor would be pretty awesome one the Defensive end.....If you throw in Duncan or Splitter with Joseph you could really devastate opponents defensively. An older Tony Parker could ratchet it back a little and not burn himself out as well.

Howevah, (SAS quote) this is Lebron James we are talking about here, and Lebron james refers to himself in the 3rd person. Pop actually coaches his players, he does not make suggestions to his players.

The reality is (especially after this series and the likely result) Lebron wants nothing to do with the Western conference. I'd say Chicago or Miami will be the likely place for him.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't take anyone off that Heat roster. Bunch of bums.

Jimcs50
06-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Tony Manu and TD will not take a pay cut. They are already earning way under market value.:rolleyes

Kidd K
06-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Didn't that ship already sail?

What do you mean? I see no reason why we couldn't or wouldn't keep Green for the next 6-8 years

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Nope, won't happen. Love would be closer to happening than James IMHO.

Harry Callahan
06-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Nope, won't happen. Love would be closer to happening than James IMHO.

And the "Great" Kevin Love requires his new team to be in a big market. Why are so many NBA players such big assholes? Especially a guy like Love who has played in as many NBA playoff games as me.

mudyez
06-15-2014, 08:54 AM
What do you mean? I see no reason why we couldn't or wouldn't keep Green for the next 6-8 years

Lifetime Spur? Not with 20 games played for Cleveland!

Mel_13
06-15-2014, 08:56 AM
The only way that LeBron plays anywhere other than Miami, NY, or LA is to go back to Cleveland. When you look at the franchises in those cities....

If LeBron is really tired of dragging around Dwade's corpse and truly wants to win as much as possible, then he can opt out and sign with the post-Sterling Clippers for the MLE. Stacked roster, major market, competent coach.

tholdren
06-15-2014, 10:01 AM
In my 20+ years watching the NBA I have watched been able to see several legendary players: Robinson, Olajuwon, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Tim, Shaq, Kobe.... and never have I been less impressed with a league built superstar.

I have never seen a league built superstar QUIT during play on so many occasions. I mean stop competing in a game. I have never seen someone hyped up as much with absolutely no concept of what it means to compete until the end. Even during David's years anchoring the Spurs with his playoff failures and "soft" play, I was frustrated with the outcome and knew the other centers had more of an alpha presence, and almost expected a choke, but never did I get the sense that David gave up.

Enter Lebron. People say he didnt have players in Cleveland, maybe, but honestly, if you didnt think management asked for his blessing on each person they acquired then your wrong. He got who he wanted in Cleveland, and couldnt do it, so he quit. His bullshit excuses before during and after the game in any loss is equal to some 9 year old on the playground taking his ball and going home when things dont go right.

Lebron is a piece of shit. He has no loyalty, he can't lead a team to a ring, he's a giant pussy with excuses ranging from "tight jerseys, to cramps, AC, Delonte west having intercourse with his crack whore mother, the list goes on and on.

I can't believe how many children think he is "great." He's a gifted athlete in a soft league that caters to his every whim and still cannot get it done.

Realistically he should be a 1 time NBA champion, but ray-ray saved his game 6 choking ass (look at the last 3 minutes of the game).

Lebron isnt wanted in SA. His attitude is shit, his bb iq is shit (contrary to his scripted ass remarks), and he has no heart or loyalty. Wanting lebron would ruin the culture of the spurs that has been almost 30 years in the making.

Cant take the Ho out of housewife, and lebron is just that, ask daddy ray.

SpursFan4-Life
06-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Lebron has been in Miami for four years, why would he come to a dump like SA?

and as the biggest spurs fan here! SA is a dump compared to almost every nba city

buttsR4rebounding
06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
While LeBron would command a big salary you are missing the point about how that plays into his plan. It is of primary importance for him to win titles. His endorsement money and income from investments is much larger than his basketball income. Being in the Finals 4 straight years has increased his "other" income by a ton. And LeBron transcends the city he is in. Dwight Howard needed a big city to promote his brand because he needs a strong local base, but not LeBron. I don't think he ever comes here, but if he became convinced that the premise of this thread were in deed true I believe he would consider it.

DMC
06-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Yeah, because going ringless the rest of his career would bring in max endorsement money, not to mention how LA/NYC delivered MJ his fortune.

Who gets more endorsement money, Carmelo "Ringless" Anthony or Tim "fo rings bitch" Duncan? I'll give you a few moments. Think exponents btw.

Splits
06-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Who gets more endorsement money, Carmelo "Ringless" Anthony or Tim "fo rings bitch" Duncan? I'll give you a few moments. Think exponents btw.

What does Tim have anything to do with this? There are other markets outside LA/NY that can provide ample exposure and bring in endorsement $$ outside those 2, which you claimed were the only options. I guess I wasn't thinking Clippers with the ringless comment but Lakers/Nets/Knicks are nowhere near winning anything right now.

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:24 AM
What does Tim have anything to do with this? There are other markets outside LA/NY that can provide ample exposure and bring in endorsement $$ outside those 2, which you claimed were the only options. I guess I wasn't thinking Clippers with the ringless comment but Lakers/Nets/Knicks are nowhere near winning anything right now.

The Spurs are a small market team. You never put an endorsement giant in a small market. That's economics 101. Lakers, Nets and Knicks are all in big markets and all inside the LA/NY areas I mentioned. They don't have to win a ring to make money. Lebron can make a lot more money on a losing team in a large market than on a winning team in a small market. Carmelo should be enough evidence of that (see also Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and plenty other people who don't win shit but make a lot of money with endorsements). Fandom is one thing, we all want rings, but their profession is to play basketball, not to win championships. They aren't professional champions. As a professional basketball player, no different than any other profession, their goal is to make money for their shareholders, and they are their only shareholder (agent notwithstanding).

tholdren
06-15-2014, 11:29 AM
The Spurs are a small market team. You never put an endorsement giant in a small market. That's economics 101. Lakers, Nets and Knicks are all in big markets and all inside the LA/NY areas I mentioned. They don't have to win a ring to make money. Lebron can make a lot more money on a losing team in a large market than on a winning team in a small market. Carmelo should be enough evidence of that (see also Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and plenty other people who don't win shit but make a lot of money with endorsements). Fandom is one thing, we all want rings, but their profession is to play basketball, not to win championships. They aren't professional champions. As a professional basketball player, no different than any other profession, their goal is to make money for their shareholders, and they are their only shareholder (agent notwithstanding).

Your argument fell off about here...

Splits
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM

I never said anything about SA. I said your claim of MIA/NY/LA as the only options was dumb. Why is Miami gonna get him paid but not Chicago or Houston who have teams that can compete? Miami is the 16th biggest TV market, why is staying there and losing ok but not Boston or Philly or Dallas?

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Your argument fell off about here...
Then you've never held a job. As a worker, they are there to make money, as is the franchise, as is the league. The whole ring thing is a fan attraction thing. It's entertainment. Is movie making about winning Oscars or about making money? When a player is half a billion dollars richer by having 3 fewer rings than another player, the ring argument is pointless. It's always about money.

tholdren
06-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Then you've never held a job. As a worker, they are there to make money, as is the franchise, as is the league. The whole ring thing is a fan attraction thing. It's entertainment. Is movie making about winning Oscars or about making money? When a player is half a billion dollars richer by having 3 fewer rings than another player, the ring argument is pointless. It's always about money.
Luckily, you dont pay for my internet and I have held a job. My job description says nothing about "make money for employer" although that is a direct attribute of doing my job well.

??your argument is completely flawed. You are looking at the outcome of a job, not what a worker is paid to do. You had it correct the first time. Basketball players are here to play basketball, not give a shit about the extras. That is why the Spurs are successful, they do their job = play basketball

To answer your question it depends on what position you have during the making of a film. If you are an actor your job is to act, if you are a director your job is to direct. Pending the outcome of your job, mixed with public opinion, is how you receive money.

making money is the underlined concept in america, duh, we are capitalist, and need money to survive, unfortunately.... but it is a result of performance.

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:44 AM
I never said anything about SA. I said your claim of MIA/NY/LA as the only options was dumb. Why is Miami gonna get him paid but not Chicago or Houston who have teams that can compete? Miami is the 16th biggest TV market, why is staying there and losing ok but not Boston or Philly or Dallas?

In Chicago he's chasing MJ. That's a bad deal from the start. In Houston he's playing for McHale with a retarded center and beard the FT shooting chucker. Lebron cannot keep moving around the league and expect to pull in the max amount of revenue (not just player salary). He could choose his personal goals over money, but Miami has the bandwagon fans already, and Lebron could stage a comeback next season if he can pull some talent to Miami. He knows the system, plays for Pat Riley, and has cemented himself as the best Heat player ever. In Houston he's competing with two other young stars, basically a Kevin Durant situation. If SA was a larger market it would be perfect for him, but they don't play hero ball from his position, and though he's a great passer, I don't know that his court vision is good enough to play point forward for SA and remain in that system. They could win without the system, but we have to take what we know exists now.

He has to stay away from teams that have a long history of winning rings where the fans are memory lane dwellers like Boston, but the Clippers would be a great fit. Lakers wouldn't be that great, with Kobe still trying to be the alpha on his fucking monopod, goddamn pogo stick out there chucking shots.

Lebron is already in Miami, staying means he doesn't piss off more people, but if he doesn't stay, he needs to go somewhere where the number of new fans trumps the pissed off people numbers, and that's only going to happen in a larger market.

PingPong
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
This 'small Market' talk is bullshit. Players like Le Bron are already established in the Market and the bandwagoners all around the country (and the rest of the world) will follow him whenever he goes. If Le Bron cames to play for the Spurs, millions, perhaps billions of jerseys will be sold around the world. He will get the same endorsements from big brands that sell worldwide. Players like LeBron doesnt get endorsements like H.E.B, Wattaburger, he get endorsements from global brands. San Antônio Spurs is a bad place for rookies getting the stardom, not players who are already stars. Le Bron will not came to the Spurs simply because he and his entourage don't have clubs to showing up, there are no places to showing their bling-bling cars, no celebrities to hang together.

DMC
06-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Luckily, you dont pay for my internet and I have held a job. My job description says nothing about "make money for employer" although that is a direct attribute of doing my job well.
Is your goal there to make money for yourself or are you just there for the fuck of it? I'm not saying Lebron's job is to make money for the Heat. His job is to make money for himself. He's a contractor, that's what they do.

??your argument is completely flawed. You are looking at the outcome of a job, not what a worker is paid to do. You had it correct the first time. Basketball players are here to play basketball, not give a shit about the extras. That is why the Spurs are successful, they do their job = play basketball
You're looking at it wrong. Although a basketball player is an employee, he's under a contract for a specific period of time. He is a like corporation in and unto himself. His job is to make money for himself, and he does that by being able to make money for his customer, who happens to be the franchise owner. Even an employee is there to fulfill a role for the employer, but the reason he's there is to make money for himself. Evidence of that is a thing called "unemployment compensation" which is a money thing, not a duty thing. We work to pay our bills, but we are hired for specific purposes. It's not as abstract as a retard such as yourself makes it out to be.

To answer your question it depends on what position you have during the making of a film. If you are an actor your job is to act, if you are a director your job is to direct. Pending the outcome of your job, mixed with public opinion, is how you receive money.

You're only approaching the "your job is" from the job description side of things. You don't go looking for a job because of a job description. You go because you need the money. Unless you're independently wealthy and can get a liberal arts degree and work at Target, you need to consider income needs prior to even selecting a profession.

making money is the underlined concept in america, duh, we are capitalist, and need money to survive, unfortunately.... but it is a result of performance.
No it's not a result of performance. It's a result of supply/demand and creative bargaining. We are salesmen for ourselves, our performances are beside the point. If you've ever gotten a merit increase based on a review from a guy who never met you, you'd know that to be true.

Kidd K
06-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Lifetime Spur? Not with 20 games played for Cleveland!

lol, you know what I meant. Nobody wanted him til he came to us. Like how Bowen and Elliott are only thought of as Spurs even though they played a bit elsewhere

DMC
06-15-2014, 12:00 PM
This 'small Market' talk is bullshit. Players like Le Bron are already established in the Market and the bandwagoners all around the country (and the rest of the world) will follow him whenever he goes. If Le Bron cames to play for the Spurs, millions, perhaps billions of jerseys will be sold around the world. He will get the same endorsements from big brands that sell worldwide. Players like LeBron doesnt get endorsements like H.E.B, Wattaburger, he get endorsements from global brands. San Antônio Spurs is a bad place for rookies getting the stardom, not players who are already stars. Le Bron will not came to the Spurs simply because he and his entourage don't have clubs to showing up, there are no places to showing their bling-bling cars, no celebrities to hang together.
Reading your gibberish gives me a headache.

Death In June
06-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't want him on the Spurs. Guy has a shitty attitude and enormous ego (will never 'get over himself'). Not that there's a scenario where Lebron coming to the Spurs is a realistic possibility. But in any case, I don't see why someone would want this to happen. There's something about Lebron fans that strikes me as sycophant-ish. Dude shits on fans, teammates, and props himself up constantly. How can you be a fan of that? Every time he loses the finals, the rhetoric is "I don't care. My life is better than yours." That's all the emotional maturity of a prepubescent boy.

tholdren
06-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Is your goal there to make money for yourself or are you just there for the fuck of it? I'm not saying Lebron's job is to make money for the Heat. His job is to make money for himself. He's a contractor, that's what they do. - no his job is to play basketball, not make money for the heat. The heat management sign lebron as an investment, and HOPE that he makes money, which is dependent on how well he plays basketball.

You're looking at it wrong. Although a basketball player is an employee, he's under a contract for a specific period of time. He is a like corporation in and unto himself. His job is to make money for himself, and he does that by being able to make money for his customer, who happens to be the franchise owner. Even an employee is there to fulfill a role for the employer, but the reason he's there is to make money for himself. Evidence of that is a thing called "unemployment compensation" which is a money thing, not a duty thing. We work to pay our bills, but we are hired for specific purposes. It's not as abstract as a retard such as yourself makes it out to be.
He's under contract, therefore CANT MAKE MONEY, other than endorsements which is strictly persuasion by the advertising company NOT THE PLAYER. LMFAO Evidence is unemployment. Jesus Christ. If you cant see how absurd your "argument" is then I have no idea how to help. This isnt sales, That's what an AGENT does.

You're only approaching the "your job is" from the job description side of things. You don't go looking for a job because of a job description. You go because you need the money. Unless you're independently wealthy and can get a liberal arts degree and work at Target, you need to consider income needs prior to even selecting a profession.
LMFAO again, "you're only looking at your job from the job description" DUDE THAT'S WHAT A JOB IS. I can see that I'm talking to a child or someone who has been laid off/unemployed for virtually their whole adult-life if even an adult. "You need to consider income prior to even selecting a profession." WTF? You're an idiot.

No it's not a result of performance. It's a result of supply/demand and creative bargaining. We are salesmen for ourselves, our performances are beside the point. If you've ever gotten a merit increase based on a review from a guy who never met you, you'd know that to be true.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH - you're right, players don't have market value based on performance or team wins. How the fuck would you get a merit increase based on someone who doesnt know you or your body of work? It's obvious that you have zero understanding of economics or business. You clearly don't understand management or payroll either. I applaud your concept that job performance has no basis on pay, and you can magically get salary increases. Im sure your Fortune 500 company is booming.

My advice is to go back and get that GED.

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Are you people really debating on whether or not James would come to S.A.?
Silly rabbits! Kicks are for kids!

06-15-2014, 01:02 PM

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-15-2014, 01:09 PM

KD

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 01:11 PM
I think it is far far more likely to discuss Love coming here than either James or Melo.
Let's get some realism in here.

CosmicCowboy
06-15-2014, 01:38 PM
This thread wins stupid thread of the playoffs hands down. Lebron doesn't move to the the franchise that has taken two rings from him. Looks too much like a "if you can't beat them, join them" concession that he isn't all that.

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 01:41 PM
The Melo to San Antonio thread gives it a run for the money, equally as stupid IMHO.

mclinejr
06-15-2014, 01:45 PM
If Lebron came to the Spurs, I'd find another team to root for.

TheyCallMePro
06-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I think Lebron would rather entice Pat Riley to poach Patty Mills and Boris Diaw for him this offseason than sign with the Spurs. Patty would never do it. Boris might.

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 02:01 PM
I think Lebron would rather entice Pat Riley to poach Patty Mills and Boris Diaw for him this offseason than sign with the Spurs. Patty would never do it. Boris might.

Boris would never do it, too close to Tony, unless offered an insane amount of money which the Heat do not have to spend.

DMC
06-15-2014, 02:59 PM
KD
Draft

weeks
06-15-2014, 03:20 PM
let's not act like players have never taken pay cuts to chase rings.
at a certain point it's less about the money and more about bragging rights for multi-millionaires.
profit is not the only motivator that drives the world. so is ego, and legacy is important to these dudes.

they're hyper-competitive. they wouldn't be here if they weren't.

moisaenz
06-15-2014, 03:29 PM
i still hate kobe and westbrook more than lebron...

CosmicCowboy
06-15-2014, 04:59 PM
The only scenario that makes sense if he opted out would be LeBron going to the "new"LA Clippers with a new multi billionaire owner that wants to win. Be the "new" LA dynasty. That's made for endorsement gold.

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 05:04 PM
The only scenario that makes sense if he opted out would be LeBron going to the "new"LA Clippers with a new multi billionaire owner that wants to win. Be the "new" LA dynasty. That's made for endorsement gold.

That is an interesting point.
But lets not forget that New York may try to get him because they want to keep Melo, and Melo wants to play with James.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-15-2014, 05:06 PM
It would be incredbile to have LeBron James, but Spurs probaby couldn't afford it.

xmas1997
06-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Just saw the latest interview with James on ESPN and he said money is not the issue where he plays.
Rather it is playing like a team, like San Antonio plays.
Managing his minutes is important too so he can extend his career.
A friend of mine asked me and posed this question, that what if he wanted to come here to play under Pop.
Would Pop retire after all when TD did.
Money would not be an issue, he would come to get championships.
Pop has coached him before too and would manage his minutes.
Plus it would extend TDs career.
Preposterous, I know, but what if he did want to play here for money like TD and Manu make?
That would be insane, the Spurs would win the next 5 titles for sure.
But it will never happen!

JMGpp
06-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Even if... and while as a team is insane to reject the best player in the world, I could imagine a scenario with Pop rejecting LJ because he has a promise to develop Leonard, if Lebron where about to come it would go against the culture of the Spurs. So, he would never come, but even if, I´m not sure the Spurs would pull the trigger.
What I being entretaining the last couple of days is Cuban going after Lebron offering Rick Carlisle and it gave me chills...

xmas1997
06-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Even if... and while as a team is insane to reject the best player in the world, I could imagine a scenario with Pop rejecting LJ because he has a promise to develop Leonard, if Lebron where about to come it would go against the culture of the Spurs. So, he would never come, but even if, I´m not sure the Spurs would pull the trigger.
What I being entretaining the last couple of days is Cuban going after Lebron offering Rick Carlisle and it gave me chills...

Not surprised, Cuban goes after everyone.

cjw
06-17-2014, 10:13 PM
This 'small Market' talk is bullshit.

Exactly, plus it's not like Miami was a marquee market until the Superfriends showed up either. Outside of the beach and some overrated clubs, Miami actually kind of sucks. Boston is a boring college town, Chicago is cold, etc. I understand the LA appeal and as a New Yorker, I'm biased (nothing beats it here), but to these guys who are on the road a good portion of the year, they don't really care. They can build a brand almost anywhere.

xmas1997
06-17-2014, 10:19 PM
James is a family man now too.

$pursDynasty
06-17-2014, 10:44 PM
IF it is about championships, and he could ignore if you can't beat em join em talk. What team would be better for him? I can't imagine a team with better Vegas odds than the Spurs w/ Lebron. To go to the Clippers or Thunder would be another going to another man's team. Like he did in Miami, while right now it is his team at first it was still D Wades. In LA that is Cliff's team, in OKC that is Durant's. While SA will always be Timmy's, LBJ would be the defacto man of the Spurs the in the prime guy. The system the basketball IQ, not needing the max $ it would be the perfect fit. The Spurs would immediate go from America's darlings back to the evil empire but Spurs Nation could care less if it meant ahem, not two, not three, not four more titles in San Antonio

therealtruth
06-17-2014, 11:02 PM
The only thing we have going is he likes our style of play.

SupremeGuy
06-17-2014, 11:06 PM
There's a better chance of Pop and RC hopping in a delorian, going back to '84, kidnapping Jordan, and bringing him to play on the Spurs than Lebron coming over, tbh.

.G.
06-17-2014, 11:22 PM
james looks fucking old and worn down. Nigga's not gonna age gracefully at all. Looked like Oden during GM1.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2y1nb7AJE5c/U5HlwYEPPRI/AAAAAAAAHSI/T4ZQYYkEl1U/s1600/4.gif:lol

http://replygif.net/i/627.gif

Spurs9
06-17-2014, 11:27 PM
If the spurs signed Lebron every spurs fan would be on his sac

TheGoldStandard
06-17-2014, 11:27 PM
He will stay put, Wade and Bosh will probably take less money and they'll be able to update there roster a bit.

TheGoldStandard
06-17-2014, 11:28 PM

If Spurs some how got James you can go ahead and put us in the finals for the next 5 seasons.

weeks
06-17-2014, 11:33 PM
james isn't going anywhere. just because he didn't win a title this year he's gonna bolt? they made the finals 4 years running.

RD2191
06-17-2014, 11:38 PM
The East is pure garbage. Who's going to challenge the Heat next year or even the year after that? I can easily see them making 2 more Finals out East. They probably won't win but they have no challengers out East. LBJ will stay in Miami. They can still make deep runs if they make Bosh a true 2nd option.

tmtcsc
06-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Just saw the latest interview with James on ESPN and he said money is not the issue where he plays.
Rather it is playing like a team, like San Antonio plays.
Managing his minutes is important too so he can extend his career.
A friend of mine asked me and posed this question, that what if he wanted to come here to play under Pop.
Would Pop retire after all when TD did.
Money would not be an issue, he would come to get championships.
Pop has coached him before too and would manage his minutes.
Plus it would extend TDs career.
Preposterous, I know, but what if he did want to play here for money like TD and Manu make?
That would be insane, the Spurs would win the next 5 titles for sure.
But it will never happen!

That's pretty much what I was suggesting. IF he was going to go anywhere - The Spurs would be the best destination for purely basketball reasons. He'll never be the best player he can be until he plays in a system like ours. He's never going to be the offensive killer that Jordan or even Kobe is because he doesn't have the same score first attitude those players have/had. That's not a bad thing. He's a tremendous player because he's skilled in so many different areas. His stat lines would be ridiculous, there would be no pressure on his shoulder to carry the load, etc.

Do we need him? Obviously not.

spursparker9
06-18-2014, 08:27 AM
TBH, Lebron would never dare to come over to the Western Conference.

Captivus
06-18-2014, 08:35 AM
If he even comments something about the Spurs...MAN!!

The Decision will be nothing compare to this.

People hated that he left CLE to go with other stars. Imagine if he decides to go the NBA Champion!

Now...if he comes...well...ill take it! Lebron as PG, Parker backup.

100%duncan
06-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Lebron PF Kawhi Sf.
http://i.imgur.com/9kqRo.png

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Lebron as Leonards backup sounds good to me. Hed be a solid contributer off the bench, give us a good 20 mpg

ironman2886
06-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Lebron PF Kawhi Sf.
http://i.imgur.com/9kqRo.png
Basically.

xmas1997
06-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Hypothetically, I think it would be TP as PG, KL as SG, LJ as SF, TD as PF, and TS as C.
But it will never happen, James would be thought of as bandwagoning and the Spurs would be hated.

tholdren
06-18-2014, 09:58 AM
james looks fucking old and worn down. Nigga's not gonna age gracefully at all. Looked like Oden during GM1.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2y1nb7AJE5c/U5HlwYEPPRI/AAAAAAAAHSI/T4ZQYYkEl1U/s1600/4.gif:lol

http://replygif.net/i/627.gif
Dude is 40 I bet. You know how they do. He was 20 something in HS.

ironman2886
06-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Hypothetically, I think it would be TP as PG, KL as SG, LJ as SF, TD as PF, and TS as C.
But it will never happen, James would be thought of as bandwagoning and the Spurs would be hated.
Spurs 3-peat with that lineup easily. Spurs don't give a 5hit about the media, and Lebron doesn't either.

tholdren
06-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Spurs 3-peat with that lineup easily. Spurs don't give a 5hit about the media, and Lebron does.
FIFY

Lebron had a NEWS CONFERENCE to tell THE MEDIA how HE DIDNT CARE what THE MEDIA THINKS

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11044484

Any time he calls out his "haters" or states "he dont got no worries" or creates instagram videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBWW3V8ETE

He ACTUALLY DOES CARE... see what he is ?trying to do?

FkLA
06-18-2014, 11:01 AM
This thread needs to die tbh.

thiste
06-18-2014, 11:12 AM
This thread needs to die tbh.

Don't post in it then.

Jimcs50
06-18-2014, 12:04 PM
The only way we can clear enough salary cap space to offer LeBron a max contract this summer would be if Duncan opts out, we waive Parker, and then renounce the rights to Diaw and Mills.

That's far too much to give up for LeBron.

Lebron could play for the minimum. He makes 70 million in othet income.

He could break Michael's record 6 titles if he cam to SA.

kaji157
06-18-2014, 12:22 PM
While comming here and be fathered by pop, tim, tony and manu would do him wonders in almost every aspect of his life.
It wont make up for the fact that he aspires to be like Jordan, and any star player on the spurs will also be put under the Tim Duncan frame which is not what he wants.
He doesn´t want to be the next Duncan or surpass Ducan, he wants to surpass MJ. The Spurs supporting cast cannot assure him a 3 peat. Manu and TD are just very old for that shit.

lefty
06-18-2014, 12:26 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/Tfxwa6jThjUjK/giphy.gif

jARS mEsH sEt
06-18-2014, 02:01 PM

I'm like that right now tbh...

Dude couldn't have done more to help his team win. His efficiency was spectacular.

spurs1990
06-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Decently enough the espn reporter and noted James sycophant Chris Brousard mentioned San Antonio when listing teams with cap space for 2015 if James decided to wait a year.

Jenks
06-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Spurs don't give a 5hit about the media, and Lebron doesn't either.
Did you read that on the Lebron app?

I remember during "The Decision" thinking that he was a pretty low key guy who didn't care about the media.

smackdaddy11
06-21-2014, 08:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kw3vlqd

Just for grins. Lebron does hold the hammer and this wouldn't be bad for Miami. Just look at the results though.

Mills and Joseph PG
Green, LBJ, Manu SG
LBJ, Claw, Beli SF
Duncan, Diaw, Baynes, Ayres, Haslem, Bigs

Roster goes 9-11 deep. LBJ and Manu can also play point forward, Baynes is ready for the next step in the rotation. Manu goes down? Who cares. Still lethal.

Fun to dream. I don't think management would do it due to TONY. He took less money to stay and did a great job of running the O. I don't even know if I would want to see it. The pressure put on opposing defenses would be totally unstoppable.

Emperor
06-21-2014, 09:46 AM
74-8 in regular season. 16-0 in playoffs. :king

Splits
06-24-2014, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vwMin.gif

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 11:21 AM
It is a pipe dream. But if he wanted to come here, take less money, I'm sure the team would accept him and without having to make any major changes in personnel.

look_at_g_shred
06-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Did you read that on the Lebron app?

I remember during "The Decision" thinking that he was a pretty low key guy who didn't care about the media.
Subtle.

06-24-2014, 11:30 AM
If Lebron had waited to opt out until next year, the pipe dream would be more realistic. The Spurs would probably only have Splitter, Leonard, and a cheap FA signed this year under contract next season. Mills and Diaw would also be under contract if they re-signed. But there would definitely be enough cap space to make a run for Lebron next year when Ginobili and Duncan retire. Now it's next to impossible. Even if the Spurs let Mills and Diaw go, they still have to salary dump Parker or Ginobili + another player. That's not going to happen. Oh well, will just have to wait for Durant in 2016.

manufan10
06-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Malik Hairston
06-24-2014, 11:53 AM

:lol imagine how furious the league would be, tbh..

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 12:08 PM
:lol imagine how furious the league would be, tbh..

There would be a flurry of rule changes for sure.

Malik Hairston
06-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Pop and Tim need to make the call, tbh..

- Break the Bulls 72-win record
- Go undefeated in the playoffs
- Win every playoff game by double-digits

Ron Swanson
06-24-2014, 12:15 PM

The shitstorm from that would be unreal.

Richie
06-24-2014, 12:24 PM
If Lebron had waited to opt out until next year, the pipe dream would be more realistic. The Spurs would probably only have Splitter, Leonard, and a cheap FA signed this year under contract next season. Mills and Diaw would also be under contract if they re-signed. But there would definitely be enough cap space to make a run for Lebron next year when Ginobili and Duncan retire. Now it's next to impossible. Even if the Spurs let Mills and Diaw go, they still have to salary dump Parker or Ginobili + another player. That's not going to happen. Oh well, will just have to wait for Durant in 2016.

Obviously it's not going to happen, but there's no reason to think we couldn't open up the cap room if we needed to. Before re-signing Mills and Diaw we have $9m in cap room this summer, and Belinelli, Ayres and Joseph combine to make almost $7m next year. If it meant signing Lebron, we could give up a bunch of picks for someone to take them off our hands.

Any team would give up a whole bunch of future first rounders to dump salary and make space for Lebron. We could even dump Splitter somewhere which could give us $18m in space this summer.

Again, it's not even remotely likely but he could call any GM in the league and they could make space for him if he said that's where he wanted to go.

Richie
06-24-2014, 12:27 PM

We wouldn't have Bird rights after one year so the max wouldn't be an option. Not that it's a serious suggestion anyway, but just sayin'...

Drachen
06-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Not sure why you say that. Lebron wouldn't have the corporate knowledge in his first year so he would barely see the light of day in the regular season. In the playoffs?!? Lol, might as well introduce him to the Tom Copa memorial folding chair at the end of the bench.

Strategic
06-24-2014, 01:03 PM
I can hear Pop already. "These playoffs aren't for bron bron".

Seventyniner
06-24-2014, 01:05 PM
We wouldn't have Bird rights after one year so the max wouldn't be an option. Not that it's a serious suggestion anyway, but just sayin'...

Bird rights would presumably be unnecessary. The Spurs should have a lot of cap room next summer though it would mean potentially gutting the team.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 01:09 PM
The Spurs still have their MLE, not that James would take it, but stranger things have happened.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-24-2014, 01:13 PM
There's a better chance of Pop and RC hopping in a delorian, going back to '84, kidnapping Jordan, and bringing him to play on the Spurs than Lebron coming over, tbh.

man, space jam 2 meets back to the future.

Phenomanul
06-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Would be a redux of the perimeter oriented defensive prowess of the 90's Bulls...

Kawhi (SF) ~ Pippen role
LeBron (SG) ~ Jordan role

Duncan (C/F) / Tiago (C/F) / Diaw (C/F) >>> anything the Bulls had in those positions (no offense to Horace Grant)

Parker (PG) > anything the Bulls had in that position...

Wishful thinking...

bigfan
06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
He will be signed by the Spurs right after they sign me as a walk on Dekker Dog salesman.

Spur|n|Austin
06-24-2014, 01:31 PM
This makes me want to play that old game, Pipe Dream from the 80's.

Strike
06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
The Spurs still have their MLE, not that James would take it, but stranger things have happened.

Name one.

TheyCallMePro
06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
If we did get Lebron what would our strating 5 look like?

Like this?

C: Splitter
PF: Duncan
SF: Lebron
SG: Green
PG: Parker

Guess Kawhi can come off the bench as the back-up SF.

szkorhetz
06-24-2014, 02:04 PM
If we did get Lebron what would our strating 5 look like?

Like this?

C: Splitter
PF: Duncan
SF: Lebron
SG: Green
PG: Parker

Guess Kawhi can come off the bench as the back-up SF.
Duncan
LeBron
Kawhi
Green
Parker.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Name one.

I was referring to things in general.
But in basketball?
How about when James and Bosh first went to the Heat?
And how about when Kirilenko went to the Nets for a hell of a lot less money than offered by the Spurs?
These were pretty strange things to happen IMHO.

TheyCallMePro
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Duncan
LeBron
Kawhi
Green
Parker.

That's better. Forgot Lebron can play any position.

Aztecfan03
06-24-2014, 02:09 PM

That explains Duncan taking a lot less over his career so he could have a good team around him, right?

szkorhetz
06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Literally, yes.

jag
06-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Even if SA had max money to throw at Bron (right now), there isn't a scenario where he would voluntarily move to San Antonio. As much as he wants to win, he only wants to do it while in the spotlight.

Aztecfan03
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM

Is that sarcasm? I think Lebron could handle PF against a lot of teams but some matchups would force kawhi to come off the bench or play SG.

szkorhetz
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Even if SA had max money to throw at Bron (right now), there isn't a scenario where he would voluntarily move to San Antonio. As much as he wants to win, he wants to do it while in the spotlight.
Spurs are the defending champions. Do you guys really believe we still would be an under the radar team next year? No, we won't.

It won't happen, and very un-Spur thing. But you don't say no if the best player in the world wants to play for you.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Spurs are the defending champions. Do you guys really believe we still would be an under the radar team next year? No, we won't.

It won't happen, and very un-Spur thing. But you don't say no if the best player in the world wants to play for you.

No, we would immediately become the hated franchise!

jag
06-24-2014, 02:18 PM

The Spurs will always be "under the radar." The city isn't flashy and neither is the franchise.

Lebron wants to be the biggest name in all of sports. You don't do that while losing, which is why he's trying to put pressure on Miami to get better players. You also don't do that in San Antonio, even if you are winning.

Of course the Spurs wouldn't say no to Lebron, but they'll never have to worry about that. All this talk is ridiculous.

Seventyniner
06-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Duncan
LeBron
Kawhi
Green
Parker.

Four Finals MVPs. :drool

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
The Spurs will always be "under the radar." The city isn't flashy and neither is the franchise.

Lebron wants to be the biggest name in all of sports. You don't do that while losing, which is why he's trying to put pressure on Miami to get better players. You also don't do that in San Antonio, even if you are winning.

Of course the Spurs wouldn't say no to Lebron, but they'll never have to worry about that. All this talk is ridiculous.

You are right, of course, but it is entertaining thinking about it.

letmk
06-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I think the chance of LeBron coming to the Spurs is less than that of winning a lottery. However, for the sake of due diligence, Buford should make an injury to his team.

jag
06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
You are right, of course, but it is entertaining thinking about it.

True. I think LeBron and Pop would be great for each other. I think we've yet to see Lebron play for a coach he truly respects.

biskvito
06-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Lebron should buy a team and become the first coach-franchise-player.

watertorture
06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Four Finals MVPs. :drool

And Green could have had a decent consideration if that 28 seconds had gone differently.

Kindergarten Cop
06-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I think the chance of LeBron coming to the Spurs is less than that of winning a lottery. However, for the sake of due diligence, Buford should make an injury to his team.

:huh

DPG21920
06-24-2014, 06:00 PM
If the Spurs renounce Boris & Patty and can move Cory/Beli (in addition to trading their pick) they should have about 14M in cap space. Imagine if Tim would have taken a little less like reported and that jumped to 17M :wow

DPG21920
06-24-2014, 06:03 PM
I mean is it that unrealistic if the Spurs can get to 16M in cap space?

Even with that, Spurs would have:

Parker/Green/Leonard/Bron/Duncan

with Manu/Tiago off the bench. Still balling.

DesignatedT
06-24-2014, 08:03 PM
New billboard in SA

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2n8tro9.jpg

Spurs 4 The Win
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
New billboard in SA
http://media.kens5.com/images/470*261/062414_lebron_duncan_sign.jpg
http://media.kens5.com/images/470*261/062414_lebron_duncan_sign.jpg

Nice Pictures :lmao

heyheymymy
06-24-2014, 08:22 PM
In my 20+ years watching the NBA I have watched been able to see several legendary players: Robinson, Olajuwon, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Tim, Shaq, Kobe.... and never have I been less impressed with a league built superstar.

I have never seen a league built superstar QUIT during play on so many occasions. I mean stop competing in a game. I have never seen someone hyped up as much with absolutely no concept of what it means to compete until the end. Even during David's years anchoring the Spurs with his playoff failures and "soft" play, I was frustrated with the outcome and knew the other centers had more of an alpha presence, and almost expected a choke, but never did I get the sense that David gave up.

Enter Lebron. People say he didnt have players in Cleveland, maybe, but honestly, if you didnt think management asked for his blessing on each person they acquired then your wrong. He got who he wanted in Cleveland, and couldnt do it, so he quit. His bullshit excuses before during and after the game in any loss is equal to some 9 year old on the playground taking his ball and going home when things dont go right.

Lebron is a piece of shit. He has no loyalty, he can't lead a team to a ring, he's a giant pussy with excuses ranging from "tight jerseys, to cramps, AC, Delonte west having intercourse with his crack whore mother, the list goes on and on.

I can't believe how many children think he is "great." He's a gifted athlete in a soft league that caters to his every whim and still cannot get it done.

Realistically he should be a 1 time NBA champion, but ray-ray saved his game 6 choking ass (look at the last 3 minutes of the game).

Lebron isnt wanted in SA. His attitude is shit, his bb iq is shit (contrary to his scripted ass remarks), and he has no heart or loyalty. Wanting lebron would ruin the culture of the spurs that has been almost 30 years in the making.

Cant take the Ho out of housewife, and lebron is just that, ask daddy ray.

A+ sir

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Can't believe there's actually spurs fans who wouldn't want Lebron on this team :lol

We can't even get Kirilenko, Granger, or Oden to sign... Now we're too good for Lebron? FOH

DMC
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
That explains Duncan taking a lot less over his career so he could have a good team around him, right?

He didn't do it for free.

Malik Hairston
06-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Can't believe there's actually spurs fans who wouldn't want Lebron on this team :lol

We can't even get Kirilenko, Granger, or Oden to sign... Now we're too good for Lebron? FOH

Tholdren didn't want Kawhi, Green and Splitter either, to be fair:lol..he's probably the least knowledgeable poster on ST, I've never seen a poster with worse takes, tbh..

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Any Spurs fan is lying who says they wouldn't take James on this team at this time.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Any Spurs fan is lying who says they wouldn't take James on this team at this time.

I have to agree, and no matter how much they can't stand James.

moisaenz
06-24-2014, 09:55 PM
6 pages of pure spam..

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM
6 pages of pure spam..

At first glance, yes, I thought so too, but then you never know what could happen no matter how improbable.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Tholdren didn't want Kawhi, Green and Splitter either, to be fair:lol..he's probably the least knowledgeable poster on ST, I've never seen a poster with worse takes, tbh..
Really lol? I actually like his posts, didin't even know he disagreed with him coming here. Anyways, I was talking about that stupid billboard that went viral on twitter about "Loyalty > Royalty" ... Whoever did it just shitted our .01 chance of getting Lebron down the toilet tbh :lol

Obstructed_View
06-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Even if SA had max money to throw at Bron (right now), there isn't a scenario where he would voluntarily move to San Antonio. As much as he wants to win, he only wants to do it while in the spotlight.

Favre and Shaq didn't have any problem getting coverage in small markets.

letmk
06-24-2014, 10:13 PM

LeBron's own team, not the Heat. You obviously didn't follow what he said after Game 5 and what Media interpreted when he mentioned "me and my team."

letmk
06-24-2014, 10:15 PM

And if you meant "injury," that's a typo from inquiry.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 10:16 PM
He actually had some nice things to say about the Spurs and about how they play the game of basketball the right way.

dg7md
06-25-2014, 12:38 AM

Splits
06-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Really lol? I actually like his posts, didin't even know he disagreed with him coming here. Anyways, I was talking about that stupid billboard that went viral on twitter about "Loyalty > Royalty" ... Whoever did it just shitted our .01 chance of getting Lebron down the toilet tbh :lol

yeah because multi-millionaire superstars are so influenced by some guy who can fork over $200 to put up a billboard 1/2 way to Boerne

Darkwaters
06-25-2014, 01:47 AM
yeah because multi-millionaire superstars are so influenced by some guy who can fork over $200 to put up a billboard 1/2 way to Boerne

Agreed. I'm sure nobody in Ohio (his home state) put up a mean billboard when he left Cleveland.

Kindergarten Cop
06-25-2014, 02:17 AM
And if you meant "injury," that's a typo from inquiry.

That makes more sense. ;-)

Thanks for the clarification. I should have known that's what you meant, but it's difficult to interpret some of the insane posts lately. Sorry for the confusion.

G-Dawgg
06-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Even though Lebron is arguably the best player in the league, I wouldn't want him on the Spurs.. We don't need his kind on our team. He's not a Spurs type personality and I think he might shake up the chemistry. Also I think his ego is too big to let Popovich coach him the way he would need to be coached. He 'hasn't gotten over himself'.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Ok, what's the plan when Pop and Duncan walk away after next season?

100%duncan
06-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Even though Lebron is arguably the best player in the league, I wouldn't want him on the Spurs.. We don't need his kind on our team. He's not a Spurs type personality and I think he might shake up the chemistry. Also I think his ego is too big to let Popovich coach him the way he would need to be coached. He 'hasn't gotten over himself'.

Spur|n|Austin
06-25-2014, 10:05 AM

Not so sure - this spurs team with Lebron would beast on teams.

Budkin
06-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Any of us would take him in a second. He'd totally play the way Pop wanted because it would mean rings for every finger.

FkLA
06-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Do some of you people even watch LBJ play? Dude has always played the right way and almost always makes the right basketball play. He actually gets shit from retards who think he lacks a 'killer mentality' like Kobe bc he rarely jacks up low percentage shots. Will never happen but he'd fit right in on the Spurs.

Budkin
06-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Do some of you people even watch LBJ play? Dude has always played the right way and almost always makes the right basketball play. He actually gets shit from retards who think he lacks a 'killer mentality' like Kobe bc he rarely jacks up low percentage shots. Will never happen but he'd fit right in on the Spurs.

Exactly. :tu

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-25-2014, 01:12 PM

I think Lebron is going back to Cleveland. You have Irving, probably Wiggins, Varejao, Thompson, Waiters, Zeller. If he made the move to the Cavs, he would be on a better team than what the Heat are right now.

His wife obviously want to go back. Don't blame her with all those ho's down in Miami probably throwing themselves at Lebron.

Wives do have weight in this decision. Just remember Kidd going back to the Nets just b/c his wife didn't want to live in SA. Kidd said that was the biggest mistake of his career and he wished he went to the Spurs. But for Lebron, it actually would be a better situation than remaining with the Heat.

I guess Lebron probably told Riley he is leaving that is why Riley said he was pissed.

Knoxxx
06-25-2014, 01:37 PM

Nah. LBJ forces lots of bad jumpers that only someone with his talent can make which is similar to Kobe. LBJ does this because the offense does not create better opportunities for his teammates. For example, he drives and kicks a lot to teammates for jumpers that are not any better than what he can get on his own. Unfortunately he is usually left with only those options, force a jumper or drive and kick.

Oh, Gee!!
06-25-2014, 02:23 PM
pipe dream

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 02:56 PM
LeBron to Spurs would be laughable even if we had max money to throw around... let alone now :lol

travis2
06-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Holy m*therf*ckinghell...MB, did you go into a true posting binge after I left for a while?!?

tholdren
06-25-2014, 03:14 PM

Not really. Lebron is the ultimate would rather look good losing than look bad winning. He makes the "ratings" play; chucking threes, cherry picking dunks, wild out-of-control drives with for and ones. He's a tremendous athlete, who cares too much what people think about him.

He has to group with all he can to help him win, so that he can continue to do the look at me then woe is me issue.

Had ray allen not hit that three in game 6 lebron would still be as big of a shit-head as he is now, with one less title. To me it's a disgrace to want Lebron on the Spurs, as his is the anti-Spur character in this scripted saga.

Ultimately his legacy has fallen well short, he tries to play with the best, rather than beat the best, and still can't do that correctly.

Ray Allen SAVED lebron from being a 1 ring queen. Instead of talking about LEBRONS epic meltdown in the final 3 minutes Ray focused the shift to Ginobli and the Heat being good. Lebron is a top tier athlete in the NBA who lacks mental and physical toughness, but is still a heck of a basketball player. Just nowhere near Spur-type.

G-Dawgg
06-25-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't know if Lebron could put his ego aside and sacrifice his numbers to be on this Spurs team though...

buttsR4rebounding
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM

That's ridiculous. We would give him the full MLE.

Ice009
06-25-2014, 09:15 PM
I think Lebron is going back to Cleveland. You have Irving, probably Wiggins, Varejao, Thompson, Waiters, Zeller. If he made the move to the Cavs, he would be on a better team than what the Heat are right now.

His wife obviously want to go back. Don't blame her with all those ho's down in Miami probably throwing themselves at Lebron.

Wives do have weight in this decision. Just remember Kidd going back to the Nets just b/c his wife didn't want to live in SA. Kidd said that was the biggest mistake of his career and he wished he went to the Spurs. But for Lebron, it actually would be a better situation than remaining with the Heat.

I guess Lebron probably told Riley he is leaving that is why Riley said he was pissed.

I don't recall Kidd saying that. When did he say that he made a big mistake and should have went to the Spurs?

Also, when did Riley say that he was pissed? Is this after the finals or after Lebron opting out?