PDA

View Full Version : Heat: I never knew history was made to be broken

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-14-2014, 10:39 PM
SAN ANTONIO -- LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) prefers to let the words come to him in the final moments before he addresses his teammates before tipoff. He speaks off of instinct and emotion, not from a script. But with his team trailing 3-1 heading into Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night in San Antonio, James already has a pretty good idea of the message he needs to send.
"Why not us? History is broken all the time," James said Saturday after the Heat practiced. "And obviously we know we're against the greatest of odds. No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in the Finals, but there was a point where no team came back from a 2-0. There was a point where no team came back from a 3-0. There was a point where no team came back from a 3-1 or 3-0 deficit in the ALCS, and then the Red Sox did it against the Yankees.
"So history is made to be broken, and why not me be a part of it? That would be great. That would be a great storyline, right? But we'll see what happens. I've got to live in the moment, though, before we even get to that point."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11084887/2014-nba-finals-lebron-james-says-why-miami-heat-make-history

:lol dumb nigga

dg7md
06-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Aren't you supposed to look at these games "one at a time"? The Heat already lost if they are going into each game thinking that they have to win out all of them. :lol

Strange Love
06-14-2014, 11:17 PM
This guy is fucking dumb isn't he? :lol

The NBA is the only place where you'll hear players talk and be like, did you even go to school?

Franklin
06-14-2014, 11:48 PM
there was a time when great players all fought on behalf of their own teams, with or without rings, instead of joining another two fags to form a super trio for an easy path to championships.

Franklin
06-14-2014, 11:55 PM
but Satan is right about one thing, the cHeat has another record to break- getting blown out (by 15 or more points) 3 games in a row in the NBA finals.

Meanwhile they're also going to set another record which's unlikely to be broken in the foreseeable future... the biggest aggregate points difference in the NBA finals (already 53 and still counting :lol)

phyzik
06-15-2014, 12:11 AM
:lol clinging to the hope that Miami can win 3
:lol completely ignoring the defense the Spurs have played
:lol thinking it is something "wrong" with Miami
:lol thinking Spurs are just lucky
:lol No respect for the Spurs per par

I think The Spurs will SMASH the heat on Sunday.... It will be a blowout.... Spurs win by 18 points or some shit like that. Only way Miami wins game 5 is if Spurs have a meltdown, and then Spurs will take care of business in game 6 like it should have been last year.

Fpoonsie
06-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Heh.

rogues
06-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Soooo much bump worthy material..

gnsf0946
06-15-2014, 04:30 PM
If he said it's over you'd just say he's a quitter.